angelicdragonpuppy

ANSWERED:Lift CB Valentine / Christmas Limit?

I hesitantly support this. Hesitantly because, as much as I love Halloween, I would NOT want three holiday releases like it! It fits with Halloween (mischief, greed, goofiness), but not with Christmas and Valentines. Upping to 4 or even 6 (the max a person with a silver scroll, which is pretty attainable for all but the really new players) would be reasonable. I am very against an unlimited number, especially since Christmas and Valentines are more about spending time with loved ones, whereas during Halloween, people are more likely to be able to get online and grab/trade for them.

I don't see this as really necessary, but I wouldn't mind if the limit was higher, maybe 4-6 CB's.

I'm not sure why TJ would reduce the 3-day Christmas Release and prevent people who are unable to access the site on the busiest family days of the year from catching them later just because members were able to collect 4, rather than 2, Christmas sprites?

I had the same reaction as you and then, when thinking about it, realized why they probably think the drop will be shortened (although I cannot actually speak for them, of course).

If we have 3 days + no limit (the first post doesn't mention the 4 that we seem to have collectively agreed to as a compromise), then users could grab two sets of the holiday for themselves, so in that sense it does make sense to lessen the drop and make it the same as Halloween, which is already unlimited cbs - 1 day.

However, I agree that keeping the drops extended certainly supports the "these holidays are for sharing" attitude and if the limit was raised not removed, then wouldn't end up being a ridiculous amount (as compared to 2, anyway) of cbs people could grab.

Actually, since scroll limits were mentioned, I don't think the limit could be more than 4 CB's to allow for the more recently created accounts to have the same as everyone else. It'd feel downright strange to have a christmas event where some people were getting more than others because of trophies.

Besides that, I'm so used to just having the two CB's and then hunting for another pair of 2nd gens the following year that I wouldn't mind a change or no change at all. More CB's does mean more gifting for the following year though, which I always see as a positive.

Actually, since scroll limits were mentioned, I don't think the limit could be more than 4 CB's to allow for the more recently created accounts to have the same as everyone else. It'd feel downright strange to have a christmas event where some people were getting more than others because of trophies.

Yah, that's why I think 4 is the most realistic limit. Technically, though, anyone with four Reds could still get a max of 8 Holidays, same as the gold scrollers, just so long as the drop stayed at three days. And for those newbies without Reds I'm sure myself and many others wouldn't mind quickly incuhatching their eggs and sending them back again so they can go get more. Of course, that relies on newbies knowing about the forums (or for the youngsters, being ALLOWED on the forums), which means those without access would still miss out... which is why 4 is probably simplest and best.

Either lift it to 4 or 6. 6 is just enough to keep people busy while hunting without egg-locking people with gold trophies and them having to rush to get two more to get 8. 4 however will egg-lock people faster making it easier for other people to hunt.

Either lift it to 4 or 6. 6 is just enough to keep people busy while hunting without egg-locking people with gold trophies and them having to rush to get two more to get 8. 4 however will egg-lock people faster making it easier for other people to hunt.

4, not 6.

Otherwise it will just start being "Can we haz 8 to make it EVEN, PLEASE ?"

The idea of having BOTH a male AND a female Christmas/Valentine pretty is one I 100% support.The limit idea is one that I'm fine with either way.smile.gif

Personally I'm really against having holidays (well, cept Halloween) come in both genders unless the limit is completely lifted.

This. If the limit stayed at 2 and we got a male / female, we'd have to get 1 of each, which would half our breeding stock making it even harder to "spread the joy". Even raising the limit to 4 would cause that same issue.

I'd say, the only way I'd support male / female on limited Holidays is if the limit was boosted to 8. And even then, it would play against the point of the Holiday: to share.

Simply put:

Right now, I do NOT share my Chrsitams and Valentines CBs (or most lineaged ones!) because doing so means I can't continue my own projects because of how limited they are. I give away 2nd gen Halloweens on request, multiples, and still have many left over, because I have so many of them I can be generous without causing problems for my personal plans.

Increasing the limit to 4 or to some other number would make me far more inclined to share the 2nd gens on Christmas and Valentines, though honesty compels me to admit that a limit of 8 will produce a far more generous turn of mind than a limit of 4.

Permitting more male and female dragons for Holidays will severely decrease how generous I am with my Holidays.

So if the goal is to increase sharing (which is what this is aimed at)......

Cheers!

C4.

I would support a limit of four, but no more. People with any trophy should be able to get a maximum number even if they only can drop in for five minutes once in three days.

I would not support the drop length being decreased on the Christmas dragons. Thousands of people visit their families or go on vacation, and would completely miss the drop. Some already do with it being three days. Valentine dragons I would be mildly okay with, but still think the drop probably should be left the same.

That's just my two cents. I would be extremely disappointed if any change was made that made it more difficult for people to get the maximum number of CB Christmas/Valentines, because I like that everyone has an equal chance on those days.

I definitely agree with Bucket. If TJ changes the limits at all, the max number should be four or less to let everyone have a chance to get them, and I would be unhappy if we the limit was raised to an uneven amount.

I also hope that holiday dragons other than Halloweens (and Hollies) remain one gender only; I like that I don't have to worry about making sure I get breeding pairs.

Honestly I'm fine with us having a limit of two CBs for the forseeable future, but if TJ does decide to raise the limits... well hopefully he'll do it in a way that makes the majority of people happy. Whatever that is.

8 would be really nice. But I'll take anything, truth be told. smile.gif

This!!!

Edited by NotBambi

4, not 6.

Otherwise it will just start being "Can we haz 8 to make it EVEN, PLEASE ?"

Not sure why people would ask for more if we got 6 but would not ask for more if we got 4. In any case, we are quite capable of saying "no thanks" if the limit is made 6, people request it higher, and we disagree. =o

Not sure why people would ask for more if we got 6 but would not ask for more if we got 4. In any case, we are quite capable of saying "no thanks" if the limit is made 6, people request it higher, and we disagree. =o

Because even gen.

3 pairs (if dimorphism) or 6 (if single gender) doesn't make a base.

However if we have 6, that leaves 4 to make a base with and 2 other to do something else with. I mean I was just saying it as a possibility. I mean if we have four and not six it's not a big deal. I was just saying 6 because if I had a limit of 6 I would catch my 6, gift 2 then go out and catch myself the other 2. I know not any other people would probably do this, but that's just my personal preference would to be have 6.

But then again 4 is cool too, there just isn't a lot I personally can do with just 2 Cave Born Holidays

The reason 4 is the sweet spot is because it means bronze scroll users can get exactly the same as everyone else, which seems fitting with the mood of the original limit. If we did push past that, though, the limit might as well be 8; even number for lineage making and, as long as they have a few incubates (or friends or forum goers willing to help them incubate), even bronze scrolls could get the maximum 8 due to the three day drop. However, as I mentioned before, this would depend on the newbies knowing where to go for help--anyone who didn't think to ask, or couldn't ask, would likely end up with just 4.

What would people think of lifting the limits on CB Valentine / Christmas dragons? <w<

I get that the reason given for them is to spread the cheer (because it lets other people catch them easier)... but are they really that hard to catch? Has anyone here had trouble catching CB Halloweens after the initial few hours rush? If not, is it that big a concern?

I also think, rather ironically, that lifting the limits would encourage gifting rather than greediness. I breed my CB Halloweens on request for others all the time, but because I only have two (or one, since I used to freeze a CB during the old limits OTL) of each Valentine / Christmas dragon, I keep these breedings for myself in most cases instead of spreading the pretties. It also seems like it's harder to find people offering CB Valentine / Christmas breedings than it is CB Halloween breedings, probably for the same reason.

I am perfectly willing to breed any of my CB Valentines/Christmases for anyone that asks....usually I just breed them and toss babies in AP though. Sadly I do not have a cb holly or cb of the first year of valentines, and only one cb snowangel but yeah x.x

Just letting anyone know xd.png

The reason 4 is the sweet spot is because it means bronze scroll users can get exactly the same as everyone else, which seems fitting with the mood of the original limit. If we did push past that, though, the limit might as well be 8; even number for lineage making and, as long as they have a few incubates (or friends or forum goers willing to help them incubate), even bronze scrolls could get the maximum 8 due to the three day drop. However, as I mentioned before, this would depend on the newbies knowing where to go for help--anyone who didn't think to ask, or couldn't ask, would likely end up with just 4.

Actually, it means that scrolls with no trophy at all can get the maximum of 4. wink.gif Which is a good thing IMHO.

Actually, it means that scrolls with no trophy at all can get the maximum of 4. wink.gif Which is a good thing IMHO.

This too is true - I hadn't thought of that. I've always thought 4 and now I even more do.

Oops! Yes, that's what I meant x'D

I could maybe support a slightly higher limit... Like, say, 4. But not an unlimited number.

I would definitely support a limit of 4, since it would allow me to still catch a few bred eggs from past years. Plus, I'd imagine the bulk of people who celebrate Christmas are very busy on Christmas day spending time with family and won't want to sit in front of the computer all day trying to fill their scroll up.

Well, since you can get bred ones in the week before Christmas too, I don't see how that makes a huge difference, but at the same time I think of myself on Halloween wanting to try to bite a vampire on the 31st but unwilling to give up a Caligene slot... xd.png

I support the general idea tho' in whatever form, unlimited or just a higher limit, FWIW. Although I honestly don't see it as a big deal if we go with 8 or unlimited and that means some will get more than others based on trophy or forum savvy or whatnot. Seems to me that sort of thing is just part of the game. To me that's no more unfair than that I've been playing long enough to have CB original Valentines and all the CBs since but I don't because I didn't really get the game at first nd didn't take the time to learn, and later didn't show up. I've also got away fewer Desipis than I could have if I'd bothered to get my trophy up before the past couple years. By the same token, if people choose to prioritize other things in life on Christmas or Valentine's, I don't see it as unfair that they then would miss out if the drop were shortened. That's life. If the DC holiday dragons matter enough to you, you'll show up. Or find them in the days following the holiday. Plenty of people trade and abandon CB Halloween after the drop stops and would also with the others if the limits were less or lifted.

Edited by Lurhstaap