TJ09

2015-02-06 - Valentine's Day Timeline

The only egg I left unfogged on my scroll before I went to bed is now sick. The only reason I left it unfogged is because it was part of a one-way transfer. I happened to catch an egg I saw someone was looking for, and wanted to gift it to them. I was being nice and now that gorgeous 2nd gen alt Sweetling x Gold might die. Why would someone be that cruel and immature?

I hope whoever it is grows up and gets a life.

Good luck to all catching the V-Day beauties. Please, make sure to fog those eggs!

REALLY? What is with all the viewbombing I have been hearing about?

It seems like it has been BAD lately... not entirely sure why.

Mean people who have nothing better to do? I bet they're doing it to a. People on this thread so they can get a reaction, b. People who grab an egg before them in the AP. I don't really get the point of this behavior. Something along the lines of "If I can't have it, no one can"?

Mean people who have nothing better to do? I bet they're doing it to a. People on this thread so they can get a reaction, b. People who grab an egg before them in the AP. I don't really get the point of this behavior. Something along the lines of "If I can't have it, no one can"?

Yeah, I don't quite get it either.

As far as I am concerned, IF I missed an egg I wanted, I am better off if I just go back to hunting.

While I don't doubt there's probably been more viewbombing about than usual I think a lot of people will suspect viewbombing where it's actually just the hatcheries having far more visitors than eggs in them. I've had eggs that would never normally get sick get sick really easily this week, and when I take them out of the one hatchery they're in their views stop going up so I've not been viewbombed.

While I don't doubt there's probably been more viewbombing about than usual I think a lot of people will suspect viewbombing where it's actually just the hatcheries having far more visitors than eggs in them. I've had eggs that would never normally get sick get sick really easily this week, and when I take them out of the one hatchery they're in their views stop going up so I've not been viewbombed.

There is that as well, of course.

I have heard some cases though that sounds like they probably weren't just hatcheries. THAT being said, it is always a good idea to be careful with your new eggs.

Edited by Silverswift

ahhhhh q.q for the life of me I can not find a 2gen 09! I caught one ONCE and then I accidently abandoned it when I also caught like a super messy 30ishgen which is what I had MEANT to abandon! All 09s I have picked up since have been just horrible super messy gens!

Why you do dis people q-q? Why would you breed such super messy babies? and more than one! I keep getting picking up different eggs with the same lineages!

When I had more room I keep catching so many messys that I was just started keeping some so that I could stop catching the same ones over and over again! alot.png

Edited by maylin

ahhhhh q.q for the life of me I can not find a 2gen 09! I caught one ONCE and then I accidently abandoned it when I also caught like a super messy 30ishgen which is what I had MEANT to abandon! All 09s I have picked up since have been just horrible super messy gens!

Why you do dis people q-q? Why would you breed such super messy babies? and more than one! I keep getting picking up different eggs with the same lineages!

When I had more room I keep catching so many messys that I was just started keeping some so that I could stop catching the same ones over and over again!  alot.png

Actually, if I recall, there was a suggestion for marking the eggs on the AP that you threw back.

I think this'd be very helpful when AP hunting.

The only TROUBLE is that it would be somewhat less helpful for Holiday dragons... like the Vals... because very often they breed clutches so that there are siblings of that same egg on the AP at about the same time. Still... It would be helpful.

As for why people choose the mates they do, sometimes it is hard to say.

Edited by Silverswift

Actually, if I recall, there was a suggestion for marking the eggs on the AP that you threw back.

I think this'd be very helpful when AP hunting.

The only TROUBLE is that it would be somewhat less helpful for Holiday dragons... like the Vals... because very often they breed clutches so that there are siblings of that same egg on the AP at about the same time. Still... It would be helpful.

As for why people choose the mates they do, sometimes it is hard to say.

Yeah that would be great if they where marked!

And ahhh I did not know that holidays breed more than one egg, I guess that explains why I keep picking up some with the same lineages when I knew I was already holding onto its twin so not to pick it up againxD

but gosh I'v seen some crazy messy eggs, longer and messyer then I'v ever seen before in the past few days!

Yeah that would be great if they where marked!

And ahhh I did not know that holidays breed more than one egg, I guess that explains why I keep picking up some with the same lineages when I knew I was already holding onto its twin so not to pick it up againxD

but gosh I'v seen some crazy messy eggs, longer and messyer then I'v ever seen before in the past few days!

I know, me too.

What makes me sadder is when you see CB Vals bred to messy mates.

I mean, it is the person's choice and MAYBE it was a mistclick, but it still seems to me a shame.

I know, me too.

I mean, it is the person's choice and MAYBE it was a mistclick, but it still seems to me a shame.

I misbred 2 of my dragons, a sweetling and a heartseeker, they should be bred with a CB but I bred by accident with some 3rd gens and 4th gens, the result was very messy.

It happens.

ETA: my babies are growing up!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/nXfAV

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NigxP

http://dragcave.net/lineage/MeTnI

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Ps2g7

Now that I'm looking again, I don't like what I did with my arsanis.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/5tRb9

http://dragcave.net/lineage/rmXaS

I wanted to breed them with the pairs that I've been breeding but I dislike the result, I'll change the pairs next year.

Edited by danicast

Ah, thanks! That really helps a lot. But it turns out the local time on my profile is 1 hour behind, seems like the new eggs will be released at 4am. dry.gif Oh well, time for another all-nighter...

Really there is no need for an allnighter. The eggs will drop for 3 days and should be pretty easy to get, if last year's Valentines and this past Christmas are any indicator. smile.gif

I had my eggs in ZERO hatcheries. When I saw they were getting views I checked some of the most popular hatcheries. Low and behold, my eggs had been added to TWO different sites. I know the traffic is heavier, that's why I wait until my eggs are at 5 days before I put them in to get any views. This person/people are putting entire scrolls into hatcheries.

I also LOVE the idea of marking eggs somehow that we have thrown back. I usually catch the same egg like 40 times xd.png

Edited by AquaBlueRain

First batch of hatchies has grown up! biggrin.gif *Sniffles* I'm so proud of my babies...

*Flails wildly at AP*

I know, me too.

I think some do it to create 'freeze fodder' - as I've noticed that the one messy Valentine Dragon I have (who I bred to another Messy Mate just to keep the Messy going) - seven of her 9 offspring have been frozen [two of which I myself still own]

Better to freeze a messy, undesirable (to some at least, I know I was just thankful to catch an '09 Valentine) hatchling - than a nice 2nd gen. in my opinion.

But who knows why anyone does anything?

All that aside, in regards to view bombing and eggs added to hatcheries...It makes me wonder if some of it is from players who found where their eggs went, added them to help make sure they don't die (or at the very least, hatch).

And on the subject of hatching...*pokes her eggs* Come on, hatch already...I want to make sure I'm good for tomorrow's release!

It's been noticed in the past that people tend to shadow the release threads and add in the scrolls of anyone who posts in them. It's just best to watch your scroll if you post in a release thread and go dig your eggs out of EaTW and AoN when they start getting views you don't want them to have.

All my Valentines have now been bred for the year, and I am completely locked (21/21, but 5/7 eggs). My first batch of Valentines will start growing up tonight, allowing me to pick up two of the new release eggs. This is a good year. smile.gif

I wonder if there are a lot of people waiting until V-Day to breed... I know i held back one Radiant Angel to breed then, but I got impatient and bred everyone else xd.png

I wonder if there are a lot of people waiting until V-Day to breed... I know i held back one Radiant Angel to breed then, but I got impatient and bred everyone else xd.png

I bred the ones I had promised to others first, then the ones I wanted for myself in order of priority to me. At this point, though, I'm locked with pretties I picked up and others I bred and nothing I had left was enticing me to drop anything, so I figured I'd breed the rest so others could enjoy. smile.gif

I did consider picking up or breeding myself another pair of Valentines, since the new ones will be dropping for three days so I'd technically have time, but I decided would prefer to be able to pick up my V-Day eggs on Valentine's (crowd at the cave permitting tongue.gif) and that was that.

Edited by SolarCat

RA are impossible to catch.

Mostly because people only have two of them to breed this year...

And they seem to be what most people want to hoard too. *guilty*

I am guilty of it, too, I am afraid. THOUGH I am having a hard time catching them on the AP, myself.

My adults are here... I just need this one RA to hatch so I can catch one more heartseeker. PLEASE HATCH LITTLE MAN

I still messy line my 09 val with a vine because I like his name. *side eyes her vines* Although, I can always see if I can find a male vine that isn't so messy.

That and I mostly breed for myself unless I can A. grant someone wishlist/something like that or b. Holidays.

Ehehehe, also guilty.

Although I did wish I actually breed them with dragons that might have done more than two eggs.

Edited by Lady Dragoon

I'm going to be breeding my V-day Dragons either tonight or tomorrow.