TJ09

2015-02-06 - Valentine's Day Timeline

If I was so focused on Valentine's Day I would rather plan dragons to grow up on it's date not lay eggs on it, but that's just me rolleyes.gif

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

when someone breeds their dragons it is their choice alone, if they only want to breed on V.day they can

last Halloween I breed all my non lineage dragons on Halloween because I wanted to

I have a lot of my Vals to breed still, not CBs but 2Gs and the such. I've been so focused on hoarding eggs that I haven't bred yet. Probably will later today.

I guess we're just used to the xmas wall - I think more people are active during the xmas holiday (cuz raffle) and not really Valentine's. Just a thought. ^^

I'm surprised by the lack of wall too! Last year I could understand, because it was the first year of being able to grab multiples... but I was expecting more egg availability this year! More like Christmas was.

I still have a few to breed, but not too many. I'm probably going to breed them tonight after my other four eggs hatch, so I'll have the space to hunt on V-day. A friend of mine is waiting for Valentines day to breed hers, as I imagine some other people are too, so there is still hope on that day. You can still grab seven AP eggs on V-day if you have incubates left and aren't bothered about getting the new eggs on the first day. I did that at Christmas and got my Mistletoes on the third day, so I could get two extra bred eggs smile.gif

I am quite disappointed by the lack of Valentines in the AP. I think I saw a totally filled AP only once and that is days ago. Now my first batch is hatching and I am looking for more and there is so little to catch huh.gif

I truly believe that we'll see a wall on 14th. I think we just have to be patient.

I haven't bred all my Valentines because the easiest way to get the eggs I want is by doing lineage swaps. So, I have to hold back on breeding until the last minute, hoping that I can find someone that wants an egg from a pairing I can do, but also has not bred their dragons yet. In my case, CB Pink Sweetlings x Tan Ridgewings. Almost all of my breedings have been 3gs or for trades, so the extra eggs go to the ap.

I have been egg-locked a good bit of the time and still have not bred all of my dragons. I only bred ones that I had already promised and ones that I wanted for my own lineages. Of course those also spawned a lot of extras that went to the AP.

I think a lot of people are waiting until Valentines Day to breed. I expect there will be a wall then.

I just bred the last of the ones I had promised and sent two extra Heartseekers to the AP. I'm not sure when I will breed the rest of mine. I will probably look through the trade and request threads and see if anyone wants what I have left to breed.

I have a lot of my Vals to breed still, not CBs but 2Gs and the such. I've been so focused on hoarding eggs that I haven't bred yet. Probably will later today.

I guess we're just used to the xmas wall - I think more people are active during the xmas holiday (cuz raffle) and not really Valentine's. Just a thought. ^^

Interesting thoughts< i mean after ALL... I ams ure that people want their chance to win a prize... so it may BE that people are more active at Christmas in order to earn their entries intot he raffle.

By the Way... love your RA avatar! smile.gif I think those might be my favorite Val dragon... Though we will see if the new dragons top them.

People have been breeding Vdays... but people have also been hoarding them. Or maybe we're waiting until the last minute to breed? I dunno. At least next year I'll be able to breed ~44+ Vdays compared to the 25 I'll end up breeding this year.

I've only bred about 6 of mine and plan on breeding most on Valentine's Day so yeah I think others might be waiting until then as well.

I only have two Arsanis left to breed. I just never wound up doing a mass breed this year, breeding as I had room. I did pick up a couple from the AP without too much trouble.

Okay, I'm a happy panda! So far I bred all my valentine's, my first batch of hunted vals is about to become adults (more 21 hours), my second batch of hunts just hatched and I already got 4 more rosebuds with some really nice lines (one of them with alt rosebuds and alt shadow walker in the line! It's a 4th gen stair, so pretty!) and some sweetlings 3rd gen from alts. Now I just have to wait for the new release and I think I'm done. smile.gif

Is it worth it to breed messy-lineaged V-day eggs? I'm wondering if anyone would like them, or if I shouldn't bother.

I decided that I wanted more Sweetlings. I was muttering to myself about how fast they go on the AP, and then the next second I caught one, lol.

Is it worth it to breed messy-lineaged V-day eggs? I'm wondering if anyone would like them, or if I shouldn't bother.

I decided that I wanted more Sweetlings. I was muttering to myself about how fast they go on the AP, and then the next second I caught one, lol.

I do. smile.gif They always get picked up - those on "slow" internet access or newer members might appreciate it as it is something they will probably be able to grab (and there are also members that don't care about lineage and will grab 'em and also some use 'em as freeze fodder).

Well, people may not want the eggs for breeding, BUT I am sure there are folks looking for ickle ones for freezing that might enjoy them.

They can breed until midnight of the 14th right, all day saturday?

I have already bred most of mine, a few left waiting for open breeding slots cause I want to keep or trade them. But i think I have some mismatched pairs I could breed later if breeding will last that long

Yes, breeding will continue through all day Saturday, and ends at midnight when Saturday turns into Sunday. The new holiday drop then will continue for another two days after.

I'm actively hunting for them.

I'm actively hunting for them.

You can looking forward to next year for another bunch of this beauties:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/7FEOQ

http://dragcave.net/lineage/p2RWo

This year the babies of these two are out there. But please accept the wishes of the owner if you hunt them down.

Cannot await the event. *drumming her fingers on the table*

ETA: Typos and weird grammar should be eleminated but not sure. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

I think so. If there was a change TJ hopefully mentioned it to us. wink.gif

Edit: Typos

Edited by Tigerkralle