Laugh

Mistletoe Dragon Breeding Plans!

Since the lovely code Frost I was given gendered correctly, I'll be doing a Frost x Mistletoe word code pair. :D I hope they'll give more than two eggs because I'd love to see where they all end up.

I'm still not quite decided on what King will be doing, though. The pairs I'll be hunting for are pairs that I don't have many nicely coded CBs for, so I can't do that. I still haven't finished updating my code list, though, so hopefully I'll find something that will match her. Maybe I'll just stick her with one of my other perfect word boys..

Breeding one of them with my silver tinsel Aegis for sure. Keeping it (unless someone wants to swap me haah) because I have a 2g tinsel like that and I really want to make a checker.

The other one I have no plans for so far. You guys have some great ideas over here though!

I'm going to start these two this year:

user posted imageuser posted image

I'll be on the lookout for others, though. Lots of pretty options. happy.gif

Wow, everyone's ideas are so great! I particularly like Mistletoes combined with blue colors. A Mistletoe x Solstice would be so gorgeous.

Here is what I've done with my CB Mistletoe:

user posted image

I ended up pairing one of mine with a Pyralspite and one with a Pink. I personally really like the green and pink together.

user posted image

Spreading the word that bred Mistletoes can be either male or female.

Ack! Thanks for the warning!

I thought I was going to spend a holiday blissfully influence-free...

I ended up breeding one of mine with a Silver and the other with a Mageia. Just sent 4 of the latter to the AP. smile.gif Hopefully someone likes the color contrast as much as me!

Mistletoes aren't really my favorite of the Christmas dragons, so I didn't give that

much thought to what to breed either of mine too,but in the end, I settled with this

one for one of 'em:

user posted image

Named them after I decided I liked the two dragons together, since I'd had Fitz

and Simmons on plalceholders for too long.

I just really love how the colors look together. I bred them when I was at my egg

limit, so unfortunately, I didn't get to keep either of the eggs they produced, but

I'll definitely keep these two as a pair for future lineage things.

Finally got to breed my Mistletoes! biggrin.gif

There are now 4 pretty little alt mistletoe offspring waiting in the AP (3 from a Gold, 1 from an Alt Sweetling!).

Good luck folks! wink.gif

I bred mine with silver lunar heralds and am trading for ones from guardians (since I didn't feel like waiting a year to breed mine with guardians). I did also seriously consider gold lunar heralds, maybe next year. smile.gif

Edited by ytak

I bred mine with a Sweetling and a Silver.

Did a MistletoexSweetling bloodswap (I think I really like this pairing) and I'm hoping to trade for Mistletoes from an Undine, Green Copper, and Brute.

Mistletoes aren't really my favorite of the Christmas dragons, so I didn't give that

much thought to what to breed either of mine too,but in the end, I settled with this

one for one of 'em:

user posted image

Named them after I decided I liked the two dragons together, since I'd had Fitz

and Simmons on plalceholders for too long.

I just really love how the colors look together. I bred them when I was at my egg

limit, so unfortunately, I didn't get to keep either of the eggs they produced, but

I'll definitely keep these two as a pair for future lineage things.

That's a gorgeous pair! I may have to try that next year!

Spreading the word that bred Mistletoes can be either male or female.

Too late for me. sad.gif

My Mistletoe x Silver Lunar gendered male. I have one more that has already hatched, a Mistletoe x Frostbite. I'm hoping that one will gender female.

Too late for me. sad.gif

My Mistletoe x Silver Lunar gendered male. I have one more that has already hatched, a Mistletoe x Frostbite. I'm hoping that one will gender female.

What a shame. sad.gif Maybe you can do a spiral? Or, alternating checkers (where each gen the breeds swap genders), look similar to checkers when the breeds do not have dimorphism. Good luck with your other Frostbite Mistletoe.

I was wondering why on earth mine all gendered male... well, that kind of destroyed my plans for a Radiant Angel x Mistletoe even gen for the next year =P I wish something had been said about it in the announcement.

I'm going to start these two this year:

user posted imageuser posted image

I'll be on the lookout for others, though. Lots of pretty options. happy.gif

I came here to figure out what to breed my remaining one to. Deep sea it is! There are a lot of pretty checkers, but that one really strikes my fancy! Probably for the same reason my deep sea X undine checker makes me sigh in happiness.

I'm doing a Mistletoe x Winter Seasonal Spiral with one and a Mistletoe x Sunsong spiral with the other.

I was SO exited to be able to influence them Male. biggrin.gif

Edit: Once those lines are finished I might do a couple of 3G Even Gen Projects using Sunsongs and Seasonals.

Edited by Cireth