Meg_752

Frozen Eggs Biome

"As you explore one of the many cave systems, you come across a cavern that appears to be filled floor to ceiling with eggs. However, there are no hatchlings, adults, or piles of gold to be seen.

Upon closer inspection, the "eggs" are actually rocks beautifully painted to look like dragon eggs. You do not know who or what had painted them, but as the rocks are very pretty and no one is around, you decide to take one of them.

The "eggs" are closely packed together, but three look as if you could pry them out. Which do you take?"

As these are not eggs, they will never hatch and could never hatch. I think they should behave like Leetle Trees, where you need a slot to claim them but they do not take up a slot. These will share the same descriptions as real eggs, but will have an extra sentence in their view page:

"This is not actually an egg. It is a realistically painted rock that closely resembles a dragon egg. Thus, it will never hatch."

They will have an action called "Return" on them (like Abandon or Release), with this description:

"Places the rock near where you found it, removing it from your scroll."

When you use this action, this message will show:

"You leave the rock near where you stole it, and when you look back at it a second later, it is gone."

There would be no AP, the rock would just disappear, I guess. The rock's code could be reused.

I think that these eggs should have "flattened rarities", meaning rares would be uncommon and so on. Holiday eggs will only drop in their seasons, but new holidays will not drop until the next year. The eggs will not be trade able. I also support the idea that, if this gets implemented rolleyes.gif , there could be a dragon that paints eggs released, or having eggs that do not resemble any of the dragons.

All types of eggs, including GoNs, prizes, hybrids, Vampires, and Neglecteds would be available. The eggs will have the "frozen" symbol on your scroll.

And this quote from Fiona Bluefire sums up the limits:

The frozen limit resets every ... two weeks? I think. So if I freeze a hatchling today in two weeks I get back that frozen hatchling slot I used. That's the kind of limit I'd like to see on this.

So, for hatchlings the help page says: "Freeze

Can be performed on: Unfrozen hatchlings.

Usage Limitations: Can be performed 10 times per 2 weeks.

The Freeze action allows you to prevent a hatchling from becoming an adult. A frozen hatchling will cease to accumulate views, unique views, and clicks."

If we use something similar for rock-eggs it would be something like: "Rock eggs - stolen in the Frozen Eggs Biome.

Usage Limitations: Can acquire 10 rock eggs per 2 weeks.

From the Frozen Egg biome you can pick up a rock painted to look like any/most of the dragon eggs. It will instantly freeze on your scroll and cannot be abandoned, but can be released."

Edited by Meg_752

Some confusion here

Do these stones resemble in-cave eggs of dragons? Are they tradable? Do they go back to the stone-cave when you return them?

I'm going to assume that yes these are identical to in-cave eggs, they have the descriptions of in-cave eggs, and if they behave like leetle trees they are not tradeable and "returning" them deletes them as if a dead egg?

This could be a creative solution to egg freezing, though hybrids and other not normally obtainable eggs would have to be available somehow.

Edited by TheCompleteAnimorph

This is a really innovative idea. In my opinion it could work. I like it.

Some confusion here

Do these stones resemble in-cave eggs of dragons? Are they tradable? Do they go back to the stone-cave when you return them?

The stones' sprites are exactly like the eggs' sprites. The eggs won't return to the stone cave (it really depends on what is the easiest method), they'll just disappear.

EDIT: I agree with TheCompleteAnimorph, they shouldn't be trade able.

Edited by Meg_752

I'm going to assume that yes these are identical to in-cave eggs, they have the descriptions of in-cave eggs, and if they behave like leetle trees they are not tradeable and "returning" them deletes them as if a dead egg?

This could be a creative solution to egg freezing, though hybrids and other not normally obtainable eggs would have to be available somehow.

Maybe the hybrid eggs could drop in the egg biome too? Since they are just painted, that could make sense.

EDIT: But by that logic, Prize eggs would also be readily available. I guess if they're not tradeable that would be fine.

Edited by Meg_752

How about holidays, would painted holiday eggs drop during that holiday? And GON eggs?

How about holidays, would painted holiday eggs drop during that holiday? And GON eggs?

You would not be able to get Holiday eggs the year they come out. But the next year they'll drop during holiday breeding season. GoN eggs would probably drop too, along with Neglecteds, but they'll be EXTREMELY rare.

What a creative solution to collect frozen eggs!

The only thing I'm unsure on is if there's enough audience for frozen eggs that this biome would need to drop as many eggs as other biomes. Which brings up:

So the cave generates eggs, then sorts them into biomes.

1) So is the painted rock biome separate from these biomes with its own ratios? Do they take up x% of 'real eggs' that when sorted here become painted?

2) Do you actually collect these on your scroll?

3) Are there any limits or just as much as you can grab whenever you want?

(I would personally be for some sort of limit - like freezing, you can grab 12/14/16 depending on trophy every two weeks. And I don't think the biome needs to be as constantly full as biomes. However, that does bring up the question of what's a good rate.)

A rather creative way to get around the "what happens to the hatchling inside the frozen egg" dilemma that has stymied pretty much every suggestion for frozen eggs. I like it.

Not sure what reasonable limits should be, but I suppose it should be less than the freezing limit for hatchlings as hatchlings you at least have to do some work to get the egg to hatch.

Also would people be able to pick up multiples of any given egg? This is a tricky question as the Terra's have 3 egg sprites. I assume, most players that want to collect eggs want to complete sprite collections, so likely only want a few of each (one in my case, certainly) but that same "completeness" is going to want all three Terras.

I really like this idea! There are some eggs that I would want to freeze (undines, pyralspites) . I just have a question, though: would people just be able to pick up unlimited frozen eggs, or would there be some kind of cooldown? If you need to have an egg slot to collect them, but they don't actually take up a slot, there's no limit to how many you could take.

Edited by Fiarlie

Oh, what an innovative approach to egg freezing! I like it. Personally, I think they should have ratios similar to real eggs but be counted separately. Some limits should be in place as to how many total you can pick up in a certain time period, but I don't see a reason to limit how many of each you can have. Maybe somebody really really likes a particular breed of egg and wants a gazillion of them.

I'd like to see all the hybrids and other eggs that don't normally drop in the cave included. If they have separate ratios then that shouldn't be a problem. That would include the rare GoN egg, prizes and neglected eggs. I would also like to see the very rare drop of bright pinks and frills. Holidays in their seasons also makes sense to me, but not dropping in that dragon's year of release but the next year.

As for how to determine the drop rate, I'll bet TJ could figure that out easily enough. At first they'd be snatched like hotcakes, but after the newness wore off and people had most of the most common ones it would slow down considerably. There would probably be some tweaking required.

Love this idea. Best suggestion yet for collecting 'eggs' biggrin.gif

How about these guidelines...

1. You may only collect 1 of each type of 'rock', to include one of each type of Terrae or other future type with multiple egg sprites very unpopular, please disregard

2. Non-tradeable

3. Must have an egg slot open, but once collected it does not take up a space

4. Since it's just a 'rock', why bother with rarities or seasons?

5. Separate biome, refilled just like the regular biomes, only without rarities since they are only 'rocks'

6. Would be on your scroll just like a regular egg and movable just like any other sprite. Possibly with a icon to identify it as a 'rock'.. like the frozen asterick; maybe a small graphic that looks like a rock in silouette?

Edited by Cinnamin Draconna

I really don't like the idea of being limited to only one of each egg. They'd make lovely scroll dividers, even without being named, and I'd like more than one of certain eggs just because they would fit the theme of that section of my scroll. Especially I'd like more than one of eggs I sprited. smile.gif

ETA: I'd use them something like:

Frozen Rainbow Copper Egg

<all my rainbow coppers>

Frozen Rainbow Copper Egg

Frozen hatchling named somethingsomething to do with green coppers

Frozen Green Copper Egg

<all my green coppers>

Frozen Green Copper Egg

Besides, why should I be limited in how many I can get of each, except by competition? Especially if there are no ratios involved.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Full support. This seems like a great idea. However, I also do not like the idea of being limited by anything other than competition and luck: I would love to have Soulpeace eggs throughout my scroll as dividers.

Are the rock eggs going to be limited in any form? Because if there's no limitation, it wouldn't be as fun. It would be possible to keep eggslots open, and grab as many rock eggs as possible(people's going to collect enough eventually, like the new releases, so competition isn't really a problem)

Maybe that you can only go to the frozen eggs biome once every week? Or that you can only grab 5 eggs in 2 weeks? The frozen eggs doesn't have to grow up, so it's an instant prize. With so many of them to collect, there must be some sort of limitation. xd.png

Are the ratios for the rocks going to be in a similar manner to the eggs? And please make frozen eggs uncommon, even common ones like gold horned tangars or waters. Maybe the biome wouldn't fill up instantly when an egg is taken, instead refilling after 30 to 45 seconds? I was thinking that it would be similar to the graveyard page, only appearing sometimes, not always.

Or am I making this too rare? biggrin.gif I just feel that frozen eggs shouldn't be common and needs to be more limited, in various ways.

Edited by OtomeKristinOtaku

I like this idea. I don't agree with limiting the number of each kind of egg. (I too would use them as scroll dividers.) I might be willing to accept a collection limit per week or two weeks, if it was high enough (I would definitely prefer to have more than the frozen hatchling limit, if there HAS to be a limit). I also like the idea of having some kind of on-scroll icon to say that they aren't actually eggs.

EDIT: I would also suggest that they don't count toward scroll limits.

Edited by StormNSnowflake

This idea sounds really interesting. The egg-rocks would make great dividers throughout the scroll. biggrin.gif

You do not know who or what had painted them

What if we have an event surrounding the implementation of this idea (assuming it DOES get implemented), where we have a new egg release of some sort of dragon breed that actually goes around painting rocks? Just thinking. laugh.gif

I like this suggestion. I also wouldn't mind if they were actually rock-shaped, but painted the same colors as the dragon eggs.

Edit: True, it'd be extra work, but it'd fit the rock theme. Otherwise, just call them petrified eggs and that covers the whole frozen egg/rock idea without the painting.

Edited by Jazeki

I see a small problem or two with rock shaped frozen eggs. One is that all the current dragons would have to have a rock egg sprited for them. All. Do you want to do that? Because I don't. Two, what people are wanting to collect is the sprites for the eggs. Changing the shape would kind of defeat that purpose.

I see a small problem or two with rock shaped frozen eggs. One is that all the current dragons would have to have a rock egg sprited for them. All. Do you want to do that? Because I don't. Two, what people are wanting to collect is the sprites for the eggs. Changing the shape would kind of defeat that purpose.

This. No need to make massive amounts of extra work. We already have the egg sprites.

My understanding is that they are "really really realistically painted rocks", that is, they are indistinguishable from the in-cave eggs and look identical, so there is no spriting involved at all.

I like SockPuppet's idea for limiting the number you can catch in a certain period, just so that there is some challenge to it. I also think the ratios should be similar to, but independent of the cave ratios. That is, if a gold rock is generated, it doesn't affect the number of gold eggs that are going to be produced, but at the same time, the gold rocks are harder to get, so there is an element of skill/luck in getting as many as you might want.

All in all, an excellent suggestion, which I support wholeheartedly.

If there has to be a limit, I'd rather it be higher than the hatchling freezing one. Never was sure why that was so low.