Meg_752

Frozen Eggs Biome

My favourite egg collection idea I've seen!

Maybe that you can only go to the frozen eggs biome once every week? Or that you can only grab 5 eggs in 2 weeks? The frozen eggs doesn't have to grow up, so it's an instant prize. With so many of them to collect, there must be some sort of limitation.  xd.png

I think that the limit should be on how many you can grab in a certain period of time, not how oftem you can go to the biome.

Out of interest, why shouldn't they be tradeable? I mean, I don't actually mind, but I don't really see why.

((*dreams of a holly egg-rock*))

Edited by MessengerDragon

My favourite egg collection idea I've seen!

I think that the limit should be on how many you can grab in a certain period of time, not how oftem you can go to the biome.

Out of interest, why shouldn't they be tradeable? I mean, I don't actually mind, but I don't really see why.

((*dreams of a holly egg-rock*))

The leetle trees are frozen eggs and they can't be traded so I'd assume that any other frozen eggs would be the same.

I'd assume these egg-rocks would be a bit more common than leetle trees, so I was thinking they could be different.

((and I'd love to be able to name them too))

(((I still love the idea even if not though)))

This is brilliant ! But it would be nice to be able to name them.

I love this idea! We could collect the egg sprites this way, and if there's a biome for them we could even hunt for them as we hunt for other eggs!

If there are ratios for the egg-painted rocks, we must be able to pick up more than one of each kind, otherwise the egg biome will just be blocked by commons that nobody can pick up, even if they wanted. Personally, I don't even see a problem with trading them, but I'm also ok with them being untradeable.

Naming them would be so useful, I'd collect them as scroll dividers then.

I also like Sock's idea about limits how many you can pick up in a certain time, that ensures that the egg collection can't be done in a day and provides a sort of long-term-goal.

I like this suggestion. I also wouldn't mind if they were actually rock-shaped, but painted the same colors as the dragon eggs.

mpolo, my comment was in reply to this, which wasn't part of the original suggestion. So, I agree, no additional spriting needed if we stick to the OP's idea that they would be realistically painted (using the current egg sprites)

Also, Jazeki, we had a proposal for petrified eggs which wasn't entirely well received because it implies that there was a dragon inside the egg that dies. One of the things I love about this painted rocks that look just like dragon eggs idea is that we get the egg sprites to keep without any question of dead hatchlings. They were never real eggs, so no harm to baby dragons, but they look just the same as the real eggs.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Edit: True, it'd be extra work, but it'd fit the rock theme. Otherwise, just call them petrified eggs and that covers the whole frozen egg/rock idea without the painting.

What people really, really want at the moment are collectible egg sprites.

Adding a fancy new set of egg-looking rock sprites is certainly going to attract people, but does not actually do anything to the call for collectible egg sprites.

From the first post, these will be the exact egg sprites but will secretly be a rock painted to look like the eggs of the species.

Same sprites, just unhatchable.

My understanding is that they are "really really realistically painted rocks", that is, they are indistinguishable from the in-cave eggs and look identical, so there is no spriting involved at all.

I like SockPuppet's idea for limiting the number you can catch in a certain period, just so that there is some challenge to it. I also think the ratios should be similar to, but independent of the cave ratios. That is, if a gold rock is generated, it doesn't affect the number of gold eggs that are going to be produced, but at the same time, the gold rocks are harder to get, so there is an element of skill/luck in getting as many as you might want.

All in all, an excellent suggestion, which I support wholeheartedly.

Maybe 14 in two weeks, like freezing? Or maybe double the number of egg slots you have? You should be able to name them, but trading them I believe would cause confusion. As they would share the same sprites as real eggs, you may trade for a Gold only to find it is fake.

EDIT: Maybe a note should be included stating that this is not a real egg.

The ratios wouldn't be affected by the real eggs' ratios, though I believe they should start out the same as the starting rarities.

I don't know if the stones should affect the rarity of other stones.

There would be no limit to how many of each type you could get. They would also have the little "frozen" symbol on your scroll.

Edited by Meg_752

I don't see that rarity matters. Why NOT allow someone to have 17000 gold rocks ? It's not the same as making gold EGGS common, now is it - and then there'd be no worry about rarity in this biome. Who cares if people can grab a zillion rocks that look like what is not a common dragon ? It won't alter ratios in the egg caves. And then no-one need worry about whether they will EVER catch x y z rock. After all - some common eggs are much prettier than the eggs of rares anyway.

I don't see that rarity matters. Why NOT allow someone to have 17000 gold rocks ? It's not the same as making gold EGGS common, now is it - and then there'd be no worry about rarity in this biome. Who cares if people can grab a zillion rocks that look like what is not a common dragon ? It won't alter ratios in the egg caves. And then no-one need worry about whether they will EVER catch x y z rock. After all - some common eggs are much prettier than the eggs of rares anyway.

I agree.

If some "rocks" would be rare, there would soon be such a competion about them, as there is about the eggs.

It would be like implementing another collecable game within the cave, moreover if they'd be tradable, which i'm not totally against, if they all have the same state of availabilty (oh-gosh is that even a real word ? unsure.gif )

I hope i could make myself clear....

Well, in general: i love the idea of beeing able to collect eggs as well. And a big "Huzza" for the idea of using them as scroll-dividers!!

I really like this suggestion for collecting egg sprites. It should make almost everyone happy, not least of all me. But I don't think we should be able to trade them. If, once we get one, it becomes frozen, then it should be bound to the scroll, as are frozen hatchies and leetle trees. If it is not immediately frozen, we could possible trade, but then it would need to take up an egg slot. But since it's a rock it should be frozen. (as opposed to being a living thing that needs to be frozen via action. Rocks wouldn't need spells)

I really like this suggestion for collecting egg sprites. It should make almost everyone happy, not least of all me. But I don't think we should be able to trade them. If, once we get one, it becomes frozen, then it should be bound to the scroll, as are frozen hatchies and leetle trees. If it is not immediately frozen, we could possible trade, but then it would need to take up an egg slot. But since it's a rock it should be frozen. (as opposed to being a living thing that needs to be frozen via action. Rocks wouldn't need spells)

I agree with this. We just need to be able to collect them, without stress and hassles !

This is a great idea. I love the egg sprites of some of the Holiday dragons, but absolutely loathe the dragon sprites. I'd love to be able to collect Marrow eggs without having the end result of a hideous Marrow dragon. Or even dragons I love, but also love their egg sprite, like the Rosebuds and Angel V-day dragons. Those eggs are gorgeous.

I would also like the option of the dragons you have possibly giving birth to two eggs, one real and one petrified. I get messy gold eggs all the time, and I like the egg sprite, but hate the adult sprites (hatchie sprites are fine). It would save competition because even as rocks, I'm sure people would still want "shiny" rocks. I'd like to be able to produce my own frozen shiny egg sprites.

I like this idea a lot. I would be happy if they just behaved like a leetle tree, no trade no name, but if you could trade them or name them that would be cool too.

Also isn't there an artsy dragon that paints stuff on the completed list? If they got released with this biome that would be an awesome coincidence. ;D

I love the egg sprites of some of the Holiday dragons, but absolutely loathe the dragon sprites. I'd love to be able to collect Marrow eggs without having the end result of a hideous Marrow dragon.
Marrows are beautiful - you can give yours to me, if you don't like them laugh.gif

Now, I'd love collecting stone versions of all eggs, and I'd like to be able to name them (or "label" them), too - I'd call a White one "Wilson" xd.png

I think a limit could be just like the freezing limit: depending on your scroll trophy, and each used-up slot expires after 2 weeks so you can collect more.

Why limit? Because then

1. it would kinda keep people looking for them throughout the year, not just upon implementation,

2. they wouldn't use up all available codes

3. so that the horrible lag that will ensue when they come out will stop at some point so normal gaming can resume! xd.png

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Now, I'd love collecting stone versions of all eggs, and I'd like to be able to name them (or "label" them), too - I'd call a White one "Wilson" XD

-snickers-

Dude yes this idea is great :D what a creative solution too~

I too would like the ability to name/'label' them; anyone ever have a pet rock? Who didnt name those things? /shot

But seriously, thesed be great for scroll dividers as im currently spamming mints... And i feel bad for having unnamed dragons [theres just too many and id rather save my names for dragons i actually care about OTL]

I love this idea! I would definitely collect these "rocks" but most likely just one of each.

Not sure if most people would be that way and so there might be an initial crush of rock hunters and then it might be pretty empty... but most of the biomes are like that now anyway. And hopefully at new releases the new rock would also flood the rock biome.

I do think there should be some sort limit on grabbing them, the certain number in a certain period of time seems like a nice compromise.

I like the idea of no rarity/holiday/seasonal effects... that we could collect any eggrock at any time.

I also like the idea of being able to name them so they could be used as scroll dividers.

How would biome-specific eggs work, i.e. Coppers and Pyralspites? Would we have to take guesses, or would "reddish shine" be changed to "brownish" and "greenish" for different colors? Will there be mini-biomes within the egg biome to distinguish these? I would prefer to be able to distinguish between eggs with common descriptions, though as long as you could discard the eggs you don't want, I'd be fine.

It wouldn't make sense for the "eggs" to be of different rarities or only able to be collected during certain times, as they are all painted. The only thing I could see would having holidays either very rare of unavailable unless it was around the season. It's very difficult to find Halloween accessories in January, which would be the RP reasoning--I don't see very many artists decorating for Valentine's Day now!

Maybe instead of the mystery egg sprite the actual sprites could show up. That would take care of all the different eggs with the same descriptions, like the skywings, horse dragons and ochredrakes, or all the eggs that are metallic and reflective.

I like this idea, but I prefer the 'piece together egg-shells from dragons you've hatched' variant as a way to get frozen eggs (the idea of having to hunt for a gold rock if tied to the same ratio as golds would probably drive me insane, and past holiday dragons don't drop in the cave any more... and if they do, not sure if it would confuse and/or frustrate people that they can find them as rocks but not as eggs? I honestly don't know xd.png).

Still, support! There's room for more than one frozen egg suggestion. smile.gif For most purposes, it would be super fun! I'd totally enjoy this.

I like this idea, but I prefer the 'piece together egg-shells from dragons you've hatched' variant as a way to get frozen eggs (the idea of having to hunt for a gold rock if tied to the same ratio as golds would probably drive me insane, and past holiday dragons don't drop in the cave any more... and if they do, not sure if it would confuse and/or frustrate people that they can find them as rocks but not as eggs? I honestly don't know xd.png).

Still, support! There's room for more than one frozen egg suggestion. smile.gif For most purposes, it would be super fun! I'd totally enjoy this.

It's proposed as a frozen egg biome, so anyone who gets confused is not paying attention. Whether or not some would be rarer than others, who knows. I would hope gold and silver rocks are not overly hard to find. I think past holiday rocks were also proposed, but not current ones.

It's proposed as a frozen egg biome, so anyone who gets confused is not paying attention.

Maybe I was unclear: I'm not saying they might get confused thinking they can hatch them. I'm saying they might get confused wondering why there are stones that are not available as eggs in the cave. tongue.gif Which I do think is quite possible.

Maybe I was unclear: I'm not saying they might get confused thinking they can hatch them. I'm saying they might get confused wondering why there are stones that are not available as eggs in the cave. :P Which I do think is quite possible.

from the OP

""This is not actually an egg. It is a realistically painted rock that closely resembles a dragon egg. Thus, it will never hatch.""

which, unless they never ever click the rockegg ever again, there should be ZERO confusion or wondering if itll ever hatch, because it wont.