Meg_752

Frozen Eggs Biome

I was also thinking an AP-like page would be nice, with multiple rocks. Yes to visible sprites too, too many shared descriptions.

I think we would need TJ's opinion on whether they could be listed as "rock" or if they would need to stay "egg" much like Leetle Trees. If they can be classed as "rock" naming shouldn't be a problem; but if they need to be listed as "Egg" and perma-frozen then naming is unlikely to happen as anything classed as "Egg" is not nameable.

I do think limits of some kind should be in place, but if it has to be tied to the frozen hatchling limit, I would like to see that total limit upped some. I already run into far more than I like because I prefer to collect hatchlings.

Visible sprites are a must. That would be endlessly helpful, since all frozen egg-rocks are in one biome. 3 eggs or an AP-like page both seem still up for discussion.

Perma-frozen un-cracked, I think, is the best option. However, if we want cracking, I have an idea...

I would like naming, but I guess if that cannot happen, that would be fine.

I don't think upping the frozen hatchlings' limit is a good idea. Then it wouldn't just affect the "rock filled" biome, but other parts of gameplay as well. I think the limit should be seperate.

Perma-frozen un-cracked, I think, is the best option. However, if we want cracking, I have an idea...

I agree that it's the best option, but it would be nice if a good way was found to show the cracked stages, especially for those eggs with custom cracking sequences.

What's your idea?

I agree that it's the best option, but it would be nice if a good way was found to show the cracked stages, especially for those eggs with custom cracking sequences.

What's your idea?

An action like the Kill action for eggs in that you drop it on the ground, but since it's a rock, it just cracks it. The more times you do the action, the more cracked it gets, until it shows the dead egg sprite. I wasn't planning on adding this to the suggestion because I didn't think it was needed, but I might add it, if there's interest in it.

That might not work for things like Shadow Walkers and Magmas, but otherwise I like it.

EDIT:

I also think they should count as eggs observed. They're not real eggs, they just look like them. So you see what the egg looks like, but you don't actually own the egg.

Edited by Kiryu

That might not work for things like Shadow Walkers and Magmas, but otherwise I like it.

EDIT:

I also think they should count as eggs observed. They're not real eggs, they just look like them. So you see what the egg looks like, but you don't actually own the egg.

Well their not really eggs so how can they be eggs observed if their simply painted rocks?

I dont really see the need for naming, so honestly if there is no ability to name then I really dont care.

AP style page would be perfect with either a show of three fully visible eggs or a show of x number of eggs to pick from. That it could work like a pinted rock AP would be nice too where if someone decides to not want a particular rock egg then they can toss it back in the pool of visible rock eggs and thus someone else can pick it up.

Is this limit everyone keeps mentioning be a daily limit or an over all how many you can have for ever limit? if its a daily limit then as long as it seem reasonable then why not. Having a limit will allow equal opportunity for everyone to get what they want within the day with out having someone constantly hogging a certain breed of painted rock egg.

If there will be no difference in the rarity of an egg then trading really doesn't matter, but if ya'll plan to have a similar rarity scale as the actual eggs these rock eggs are based on then trading would be nice to allow for those with slower reaction speeds and laggy connections to get the rock egg they like. With so many existent dragons, I'm sure we can find one that can be used as separate trading for these rock eggs to ensure there are no trade scams.

The frozen limit resets every ... two weeks? I think. So if I freeze a hatchling today in two weeks I get back that frozen hatchling slot I used. That's the kind of limit I'd like to see on this.

So, for hatchlings the help page says: "Freeze

Can be performed on: Unfrozen hatchlings.

Usage Limitations: Can be performed 10 times per 2 weeks.

The Freeze action allows you to prevent a hatchling from becoming an adult. A frozen hatchling will cease to accumulate views, unique views, and clicks."

If we use something similar for rock-eggs it would be something like: "Rock eggs - stolen in the Frozen Eggs Biome.

Usage Limitations: Can acquire 10 rock eggs per 2 weeks.

From the Frozen Egg biome you can pick up a rock painted to look like any/most of the dragon eggs. It will instantly freeze on your scroll and cannot be abandoned, but can be released."

Well they're not really eggs so how can they be eggs observed if they're simply painted rocks?

Primarily because there isn't really much difference between a rock and an egg from an observer's standpoint. I recall there was a suggestion to make the rocks have spells on them to, for example, make Red rock-eggs warm...

Honestly, observing an egg, all you really know about it is what it looks like. The rock solves that issue.

That being said, I don't really care. Was just tossing the idea out there~

An action like the Kill action for eggs in that you drop it on the ground, but since it's a rock, it just cracks it. The more times you do the action, the more cracked it gets, until it shows the dead egg sprite. I wasn't planning on adding this to the suggestion because I didn't think it was needed, but I might add it, if there's interest in it.

I'd definitely be interested. There are some interesting cracking sequences out there. The magma one comes to mind as one of my favourites. smile.gif

So here is what I'm thinking right now:

Holidays available in their breeding times, unavailable the rest of the year.

Rarities flattened from normal— rares less rare, more like commons.

Cracking gained from action. No way to reverse it/go back to earlier cracking stage.

Any other issue that needs to be resolved?

So here is what I'm thinking right now:

Holidays available in their breeding times, unavailable the rest of the year.

Rarities flattened from normal— rares less rare, more like commons.

Cracking gained from action. No way to reverse it/go back to earlier cracking stage.

Any other issue that needs to be resolved?

Just want to say that I like that enchantment idea if it is indeed possible. Red rock 'eggs' could act kind of like coals radiating heat (Or rediating if you prefer. Ba dun cha smile.gif ) Just trying to think of what other BSA's could actually work with that. It wouldn't be that fun if we only had one BSA to use with them. And IF they got some type of enchantment it should be WAY less powered than the normal one. Say, maybe a few hours for incubating?

The frozen limit resets every ... two weeks? I think. So if I freeze a hatchling today in two weeks I get back that frozen hatchling slot I used. That's the kind of limit I'd like to see on this.

So, for hatchlings the help page says: "Freeze

Can be performed on: Unfrozen hatchlings.

Usage Limitations: Can be performed 10 times per 2 weeks.

The Freeze action allows you to prevent a hatchling from becoming an adult. A frozen hatchling will cease to accumulate views, unique views, and clicks."

If we use something similar for rock-eggs it would be something like: "Rock eggs - stolen in the Frozen Eggs Biome.

Usage Limitations: Can acquire 10 rock eggs per 2 weeks.

From the Frozen Egg biome you can pick up a rock painted to look like any/most of the dragon eggs. It will instantly freeze on your scroll and cannot be abandoned, but can be released."

pardon me from saying this if it's already been said but ... wouldn't it just be easier to allow the Freeze action to target eggs as well as hatchies than adding in another biome?

keep the freeze limit and reset the same, have frozen eggs act like dead eggs, they take up an egg slot for 24 hours after being frozen (to prevent abuse).

pardon me from saying this if it's already been said but ... wouldn't it just be easier to allow the Freeze action to target eggs as well as hatchies than adding in another biome?

keep the freeze limit and reset the same, have frozen eggs act like dead eggs, they take up an egg slot for 24 hours after being frozen (to prevent abuse).

No, because then you have the hatchling trapped forever in the egg and too many users are against that. Something has to be done with the hatchling. Rocks are actually easier because there is no issue with hatchlings because it is a rock.

I agree, but it seems some people are hung up on the 'hatchling in the egg'. I am at the point that I don't care how it's done, I just want frozen eggs on my scroll. So many of the eggs are so pretty I hope that some method of freezing is implemented.

Sounds very nice wub.gif I suppose it's also an addition that would give the seniors of DC some new things to collect, and the higher(from 'rare' to uncommon etc) finding rate would make sense too. If you were a high class painter with a fondness for eggs, would you not paint many of the rare ones on the principle of beauty?

"Hmm. This rock doesn't seem to be painted."

Perhaps a rock-only sprite that's just an egg-shaped rock? I think that would be fun. biggrin.gif

Just a nifty little thing I would personally like to see. It would behave exactly like any other rock, but it would be rock-coloured and not egg-coloured, and it doesn't correspond to any in-cave egg.

Alternatively or additionally:

"This rock doesn't resemble any egg you've seen, but it has pretty swirls on it."

The same rockish sprite, but with a few colourful swirls. I like this better, but either would be fun. This one could have a colour as its base instead of rock-colour, or it could be a rock with swirls, or just so crammed with swirls it's impossible to tell what its base colour is.

The basic suggestion is a rock that doesn't look like any egg, because perhaps the painter got bored/didn't finish/lost a plain rock. After all, no matter how much I like dragon eggs, if I was painting rocks I'd get bored eventually and paint something else, or get sidetracked and leave a plain rock behind, or get sidetracked and leave a half-finished rock behind... Don't have half-sprites though, that would complicate things.

These rocks should be rare though, equally rare no matter the season. They should be less rare than GoN eggs or Neglected eggs, about as rare as Seasonals are in-cave perhaps? I.e. findable, but not common.

Full support for the suggestion, though! I'd be collecting a rock every single day!

Wait... What happened to the hatchies? Was it something bad?

Is it to do with freezing hatchies? I don't freeze, I have zero frozens ~

Wait... What happened to the hatchies? Was it something bad?

Is it to do with freezing hatchies? I don't freeze, I have zero frozens ~

Just that some people worried about whether hatchies would be trapped inside the late-stage eggs forever.

So the stones which looked like eggs would avoid that problem, since they weren't actual eggs. smile.gif

In that case, though, for cracking sequences on Frozen 'rock' eggs, I would think that a 'carving' or similar BSA or action would have to be introduced, since stones can't hatch and I don't know if dropping them (using a Kill action?) would crack them properly?

why not just say the frozen biome feeds the abandoned pile or the wild? the eggs would look fine from the front but the hatchlings coulda simply made a hole in the shell large enough to get out without completely obliterating the shell.

why not just say the frozen biome feeds the abandoned pile or the wild? the eggs would look fine from the front but the hatchlings coulda simply made a hole in the shell large enough to get out without completely obliterating the shell.

This suggestion involves rocks painted to look like the various eggs, not the eggs themselves. So there is no need for a hole for hatchlings to escape from. But I suppose that is an argument that could be put in one of the other "how to get the egg sprites on our scrolls" topics.

I still just want the sprites, I don't care how at this point, but this particular suggestion avoids the entire "what happens to the hatchling" issue which has derailed nearly every suggestion ever made for frozen eggs.

I admit i only read the first post until:

Any way to improve upon this idea? Is it even feasible?

This is THE POSSIBILITY to collect the egg sprites. *.* So yes for me!

I want a Falconiform Wyvern egg sprite on my scroll. wub.gif

I love the painted rocks idea! As long as they look exactly like the egg sprites. They would function like leetle trees correct? I see no problem with rarity; holidays, GoN, and neggie looking rocks should be more rare though.

I love the painted rocks idea! As long as they look exactly like the egg sprites. They would function like leetle trees correct? I see no problem with rarity; holidays, GoN, and neggie looking rocks should be more rare though.

Just out of curiosity, since these aren't eggs but merely painted rocks, why should any particular rocks be more rare than others?