Meg_752

Frozen Eggs Biome

I just don't see why anyone would need more than 3.

Why does anyone need more than one of any dragon? DC is a collecting game where you collect what you want and how many you want with very few limits considering the amount of dragons/creatures we have (holidays only available during holidays, two cb holidays, three GoN, one leetle, x number of eggs/growing things based on trophy, x number of freezes every two weeks). We collect based on what we want. If someone wants more than 3 frozen eggs of a certain dragon, why does it really matter? Why shouldn't they be able to?

I'd support some cooldown limit over an overall limit. You can collect as many frozen eggs in two weeks as you can freeze hatchies. Ta-da, done. owo

because its a game about collecting sprites, many people want more then three frozen hatchies, i have more then three of each dragon because i feel like collecting them and i like the sprite

and why do we need a page of frozen hatchies?

why do we need more then 2 of any dragon?

because we like collecting them in a game about collecting

I think the only reasonable way to limit the painted rocks is by gross numbers, like with frozen hatchlings.

I definitely like the idea of flattened ratios, especially if they're not tradeable. There's no reason to make it super hard to catch golds if the only point of having them is to complete a collection.

If there is a limit like with frozen hatchlings, I hope it gets reduced by if you "abandon" one of the "eggs" that contributed to that limit. That way if the painted egg biome isn't moving you would be able to pick up an "egg" to reveal one underneath and not be penalized for it.

Maybe a reasonable limit would be a full clutch of painted eggs every two days, the same limit as picking up eggs from the cave with incubate. Or maybe every 3 days, so the same without using incubate.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

All those issues is why I'd rather have regular freezing on regular eggs xd.png

Or at least like limited to CB and self-breds? You know, to avoid frozen eggs in progenies of dragons that belong to player/s who are against egg freezing? But well, hatchlings are not limited this way so...

Well, I'm a bit worried of non-tradeable egg-rocks, even with reduced rarity of rare breed's egg-rocks^^; and in general...

I know the idea behind all the suggestons with alternative ways to obtain egg sprites than through freezing is the general user aversion to kill and freeze.

But well, there are already things you can't get without those 'sacrifices' in any way... hatchling sprites of all breeds requires freezing, Neglecteds requires death of loads of unsuccessful attempts(though by NDs you can avoid doing it by trading - if you can offer anything to pay for one anyway) and now the awesomely sprited sets of Undeads requires killing of LOADS of dragons at various stages with barely a chance of success(and no trading to avoid ding that)... if egg freezing is introduced, it would simply be 1 more of 'those things' we already have. Nothing new... while actually the simplest to implement as there's already freezing mechanics for hatchies and this wouldn't require coding an entire new system and 'biome'^^;

But oh well, SOME way to collect forever-egg sprites would be nice...

though I'm in favour of freezing what I can simply breed^^; Golds and Silvers rarely produce eggs anyway, meaning it's still not that easy(well, I mean it's time-consimung if you want to breed them yourself) to get their eggs, while not on the verge of impossible unlike grabbing them as CBs. And this wouldn't disqualify players who can't spare so much time to hunt themselves neither for CB dragons nor for the egg-rocks, and you'd like the egg-rocks to be untradeable...

I think I'd rather support trading for the rock-eggs, and ofc allowing players to have as many as they want, as DC is, as reminded above, all about collecting.

I like this idea.

Personally, I would like the flattened ratios and lack of a total limit, with a time period limit instead.

As these are not eggs, they will never hatch and could never hatch. I think they should behave like Leetle Trees, where you need a slot to claim them but they do not take up a slot. These will share the same descriptions as real eggs, but will have an extra sentence in their view page:

They will have an action called "Return" on them (like Abandon or Release), with this description:

When you use this action, this message will show:

There would be no AP, the rock would just disappear, I guess. The rock's code could be reused.

I think that these eggs should have "flattened rarities", meaning rares would be uncommon and so on. Holiday eggs will only drop in their seasons, but new holidays will not drop until the next year. The eggs will not be trade able. I also support the idea that, if this gets implemented rolleyes.gif , there could be a dragon that paints eggs released, or having eggs that do not resemble any of the dragons.

All types of eggs, including GoNs, prizes, hybrids, Vampires, and Neglecteds would be available. The eggs will have the "frozen" symbol on your scroll.

And this quote from Fiona Bluefire sums up the limits:

I LOVE this idea! There are so many pretty eggs that I just want to keep forever on my scroll without having to worry about taking up egg slots or having to put it in click sites or have it die on me. Permanent rock/eggs!! I'm all for that!

All those issues is why I'd rather have regular freezing on regular eggs xd.png

Or at least like limited to CB and self-breds? You know, to avoid frozen eggs in progenies of dragons that belong to player/s who are against egg freezing? But well, hatchlings are not limited this way so...

Well, I'm a bit worried of non-tradeable egg-rocks, even with reduced rarity of rare breed's egg-rocks^^; and in general...

I know the idea behind all the suggestons with alternative ways to obtain egg sprites than through freezing is the general user aversion to kill and freeze.

But well, there are already things you can't get without those 'sacrifices' in any way... hatchling sprites of all breeds requires freezing, Neglecteds requires death of loads of unsuccessful attempts(though by NDs you can avoid doing it by trading - if you can offer anything to pay for one anyway) and now the awesomely sprited sets of Undeads requires killing of LOADS of dragons at various stages with barely a chance of success(and no trading to avoid ding that)... if egg freezing is introduced, it would simply be 1 more of 'those things' we already have. Nothing new... while actually the simplest to implement as there's already freezing mechanics for hatchies and this wouldn't require coding an entire new system and 'biome'^^;

But oh well, SOME way to collect forever-egg sprites would be nice...

though I'm in favour of freezing what I can simply breed^^; Golds and Silvers rarely produce eggs anyway, meaning it's still not that easy(well, I mean it's time-consimung if you want to breed them yourself) to get their eggs, while not on the verge of impossible unlike grabbing them as CBs. And this wouldn't disqualify players who can't spare so much time to hunt themselves neither for CB dragons nor for the egg-rocks, and you'd like the egg-rocks to be untradeable...

I think I'd rather support trading for the rock-eggs, and ofc allowing players to have as many as they want, as DC is, as reminded above, all about collecting.

i kinda agree with you, i say we just add the freeze option to eggs, people who don't like it can just not do it...kinda like basic freezeing

i kinda agree with you, i say we just add the freeze option to eggs, people who don't like it can just not do it...kinda like basic freezeing

But then how do you deal with Guardian of Nature eggs?

a fourth GoN?

thats why they let you have three right?

They let you have 3 because they wanted you to be able to have a male and female adult (and you can do whatever with the third dragon)

MOST people, when faced with the prospect of getting a fourth GoN slot, might instead use it as a way to get new blood for checkers without searching endlessly for more second-gen Avatars (or whatever they're doing with their lineages)

Honestly, if the GoN egg would be part of the Summon BSA, and everyone who already had their 3 now has to do it more to get a version of it that's frozen, I'd be perfectly fine. Of course, it should only ever happen once, otherwise people without their three normals will be forever ticked. Unless the "frozen" eggs only appeared after you'd already gotten your 3...

I still believe there should be a limit to how many of a specific egg sprite can be on your scroll. Even if it's as high as 10 or 20 (meaning you can collect a total of 30/60 Terrae eggs!), it means that everyone can conceivably get one after the hoarders finish, as opposed to the rarer eggs being snatched up by the same set of people every time. Even with flattened ratios, I'm opposed to having it be based on a time limit as opposed to a sprite limit, because once again, there are people who are really, really fond of a certain egg.

But in the end, it IS TJ's decision.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but who said the reason for being able to have 3 GoN is so we could have a male and female adult?

Also, in my opinion, having a sprite limit on frozen eggs makes no sense whatsoever. There is currently no sprite limit on anything else in the game. There is a breed limit on GoN and on Leetle trees. We're limited to 3 GoN, but it doesn't matter what combination of the adult or frozen hatchling sprites we have. There used to be a breed limit on Christmas and Holiday dragons, again a breed limit, but that limit has been lifted. Now we're only limited to 2 CB. Again, we can have any combination of adults and frozen hatchlings that we'd like. All other dragons have no limits whatsoever to how many we can choose to have, of any of the sprites.

Yes, how this is handled, if implemented, is up to the Bossman. However, to me using the freezing limits on how many one can collect within a given time frame makes far more sense than a sprite limit.

Flattening the ratios makes collecting the shinier frozen eggs easier on people who don't have fast fingers. Making them untradeable eliminates the urge to grab a bunch for trade fodder. So, there's no reason for a person to hoard tons of shinies just because they're rare.

I think breed limits would work here. Each stone resembles or is a mock of an existing egg that is obtainable and while won't count towards encyclopedia entries for that specific breed there is no reason OTHER THAN HOARDING to take more than one of each appearance. This would translate to a sprite limit as it is with Leetle Trees. Yes, I am aware that Leetle Trees are a "breed limit" but the end result is the same and you just arguing semantics isn't getting us anywhere. There is no purpose in having multiples of a frozen egg just as there is no purpose in having multiples of a Leetle Tree.

Further increasing the resemblance of a Leetle Tree -

Seasonal painted stone eggs behaving like the Leetle Tree with the season change...

Holiday Eggs... there could be one holiday egg that drops for each given holiday year. Each relevant season it would change to match the holiday of the year it represents. The only problem is I think some of the years did not see a holiday for each season such as 2007-2008 only had a Christmas holiday release, Valentines and Halloween not seeing their first sprites until 2009. And that there is not a holiday for every season as with the Seasonals and Leetle Trees.

Again on the subject of hoarding and why a breed limit is a good idea. People hoard dragons. There is no reason to hoard dragons for some except that they like the sprite. Seems unfair that someone gets to hoard sixty of a single sprite when others don't even have one if the ratios are going to be flattened and rarity not be a thing for frozen eggs. If rarity is going to be a thing for frozen eggs, all the more reason to limit players to one per breed.

Edited by Vain.3805

I would love any way to get frozen eggs, personally...

I'm not sure what to do about GoNs. I'd love to have a frozen GoN egg or some frozen hatchlings, but lol I will never have either as long as we only get three. I'd rather have the adult dragons to use in lineages, so if I can't have frozen GoNs of any kind, so be it.

well i would like to have frozen eggs and to deal with things like rarity and stuff is just make the eggs scroll locked. and for rare eggs like golds and silvers have a cooldown for about a week after you catch one. you cant do any lineages with it or trade it the only purpose of catching them would be for collection purposes so having a cooldown shouldnt hurt

now gons. i think they should be treated the same as golds and silvers like i listed above

now prizes

yes i believe that we should be able to catch cb prize eggs but with a longer cooldown of about a month.

well i would like to have frozen eggs and to deal with things like rarity and stuff is just make the eggs scroll locked. and for rare eggs like golds and silvers have a cooldown for about a week after you catch one. you cant do any lineages with it or trade it the only purpose of catching them would be for collection purposes so having a cooldown shouldnt hurt

now gons. i think they should be treated the same as golds and silvers like i listed above

now prizes

yes i believe that we should be able to catch cb prize eggs but with a longer cooldown of about a month.

I like this idea. I absolutely wouldn't mind a cooldown; heck, I only want one of every egg so it wouldn't be bad at all! I can just collect other things while I wait for the cooldown to wear off.

I think breed limits would work here. Each stone resembles or is a mock of an existing egg that is obtainable and while won't count towards encyclopedia entries for that specific breed there is no reason OTHER THAN HOARDING to take more than one of each appearance. This would translate to a sprite limit as it is with Leetle Trees. Yes, I am aware that Leetle Trees are a "breed limit" but the end result is the same and you just arguing semantics isn't getting us anywhere. There is no purpose in having multiples of a frozen egg just as there is no purpose in having multiples of a Leetle Tree.

Further increasing the resemblance of a Leetle Tree -

Seasonal painted stone eggs behaving like the Leetle Tree with the season change...

Holiday Eggs... there could be one holiday egg that drops for each given holiday year. Each relevant season it would change to match the holiday of the year it represents. The only problem is I think some of the years did not see a holiday for each season such as 2007-2008 only had a Christmas holiday release, Valentines and Halloween not seeing their first sprites until 2009. And that there is not a holiday for every season as with the Seasonals and Leetle Trees.

Again on the subject of hoarding and why a breed limit is a good idea. People hoard dragons. There is no reason to hoard dragons for some except that they like the sprite. Seems unfair that someone gets to hoard sixty of a single sprite when others don't even have one if the ratios are going to be flattened and rarity not be a thing for frozen eggs. If rarity is going to be a thing for frozen eggs, all the more reason to limit players to one per breed.

The thing is, hoarding isn't actually a thing. This is a collecting game and if someone wants to have pages and pages and pages of a single breed of dragon, that's their right.

And people could use the frozen eggs exactly how they use frozen hatchlings: as markers, as dividers, giant hoards of pretty things, whatever. There is no "purpose" to having frozen hatchling armies, but people do. And if they can have hatchling armies, why not painted rock egg armies?

The only reason to have limits at all is because they would be like leetle trees: instantly frozen. So without some sort of limit people could just keep grabbing and grabbing. But I think all that's needed is the same one on frozen hatchlings.

Your argument basically comes down to: hording is bad. But given that there's nothing to prevent someone from having 50 CB golds except the difficulty in obtaining them, it seems a little funny to have hoarding prevention on the rock eggs.

OK regarding the rarities, how about a different approach (inspired by something in the pet rock threat):

How about there is a certain amount of "basic" egg stones? You get them, they're grey, they have a BSA possibility to paint them. You get the option to paint that egg like any breed you like that you already own an adult/frozen hatchie of (or have the egg sprite in the encyclopeida), because it makes sense that you know how they look like.

Make those basic eggs relatively common and you can have whatever sprite you like. If you want to, you can have Terrae eggs, tons and tons of Terrae eggs without taking them from anyone else, because they wouldn't count for the biomes' ratios. (I assume with the stones there would be only dropping-ratios, unrelated to existing stones ratios.)

Why does that biome even need ratios? Give every type of egg a percentage chance to drop and have something like the 5 minute shuffle. Nobody is harming anyone then if they can cherry pick one favorite egg type over and over.

Although I do like the idea of being able to paint the eggs yourself too.