TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

First time this has happened! My blacktip massbreed produced fewer blacktips than the last time I did a full army massbreed! (And more celestials.)  In February, 1476 attempts resulted in 1556 blacktips, 877 celestials, and 12 random other eggs; this weekend 1681 attempts resulted in 1420 blacktips,, 935 celestials, and 4 random other eggs. Signs that the ratios are shifting! Also, a bunch of folks bred a whole truckload of stuff over the weekend, so hopefully that will help dilute the AP wall a bit.

11 hours ago, Firefury Amahira said:

First time this has happened! My blacktip massbreed produced fewer blacktips than the last time I did a full army massbreed! (And more celestials.)  In February, 1476 attempts resulted in 1556 blacktips, 877 celestials, and 12 random other eggs; this weekend 1681 attempts resulted in 1420 blacktips,, 935 celestials, and 4 random other eggs. Signs that the ratios are shifting! Also, a bunch of folks bred a whole truckload of stuff over the weekend, so hopefully that will help dilute the AP wall a bit.

Woah! That's pretty cool! Thanks for sharing your breeding stats with us.

51 minutes ago, Firefury Amahira said:

Good freezie fodder, right? ^^; I did not expect to set a new AP wall record with this one though, figured it would have finally broken up overnight. o.O

I'm extremely happy it hasn't broken up yet, just gathered another 7 ^^ I'm actually intending to let them grow to adult, but that leads to a scroll-organization problem. Guess I'll have to gather more Stones to make a 'mountain range' around my new Salt Lake!

Thanks for the wall Firefury Amahira ^^

4 minutes ago, Screech said:

I'm extremely happy it hasn't broken up yet, just gathered another 7 ^^ I'm actually intending to let them grow to adult, but that leads to a scroll-organization problem. Guess I'll have to gather more Stones to make a 'mountain range' around my new Salt Lake!

Thanks for the wall Firefury Amahira ^^

LOL, glad at least someone is enjoying it. Usually the reaction is... ah... salty. 😅 It should be almost over, the last egg I bred is at 3d4h so it's pretty much on top of the current AP times.

What's with the wall in the AP???

First it was Nocturnes (which I feel like happens once every 1-2 months), and then now it's Celestials!

The Eggs are reaching 2 days! 2 DAYS!!!!!!

It's not even a holiday release... What the heck?

Who did this???

Who???

(Forgive me if this isn't the place to rant about this, but this wall is a bit excessive.)

2 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

First it was Nocturnes (which I feel like happens once every 1-2 months), and then now it's Celestials!

The Eggs are reaching 2 days! 2 DAYS!!!!!!

It's not even a holiday release... What the heck?

Who did this???

Who???

(Forgive me if this isn't the place to rant about this, but this wall is a bit excessive.)

A lot of people on the unofficial Discord spontaneously decided to massbreed a truckload of stuff. Some estimates are that we collectively yeeted at least 4000 eggs at the AP over the weekend.

3 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

It was a coordinated massbreed. People who have in the past made walls on their own all coordinated to breed to bring AP times down, but as you can see... they went way down! XD It's been a great source of freeze fodder, but I'm a bit sad about the inevitable hatchies that are growing up wild behind the wall :(

5 minutes ago, Firefury Amahira said:

A lot of people on the unofficial Discord spontaneously decided to massbreed a truckload of stuff. Some estimates are that we collectively yeeted at least 4000 eggs at the AP over the weekend.

Holy Carp. That's a lot of eggs.

Do you know what breeds are there? Besides Nocturnes and Celestials?

1 minute ago, Paintra said:

It was a coordinated massbreed. People who have in the past made walls on their own all coordinated to breed to bring AP times down, but as you can see... they went way down! XD It's been a great source of freeze fodder, but I'm a bit sad about the inevitable hatchies that are growing up wild behind the wall :(

It's one hell of a mass breed for sure.

And I just bred all my pair dragons on my scroll, including a few new ones in the last week.

I hope they don't die behind the wall.

Edited by Shokomon

I know infinis bred a bunch of different ratio things but i thought most of them went through already? But that could've been someone else. If so then they're next.

There was the Salt wall, that's all cleared through, a Spinel and a BSA wall, now the Nocturnes, I thought Infinis's were behind the Nocturnes but I can't quite remember. 

1 minute ago, Shokomon said:

Well, there were my blacktips. Infinis bred a truckload of different things, I know I saw a bunch of the Rainfur collection sprinkled through my blacktips...

7 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

It's one hell of a mass breed for sure.

And I just bred all my pair dragons on my scroll, including a few new ones in the last week.

I hope they don't die behind the wall.

Don't worry it's not really possible for anything to 'die behind a wall' unless it's the holidays. The lowest times always show first, so an egg hitting 0 days 'behind' other eggs isn't really going to happen unless *all* the visible eggs in the AP hit 0 days as well, which... I don't think that has ever happened. Close, during holidays, but not quite.

When the blacktip x celestials were bring bred, I bred roughly 500 to 600 Rainfur eggs (I bred 900+ pairs), which consisted of purebred waters, avatars, other hybrids, then 2g pbs that can alt (undines, dark greens, blacks), then checkers, then BSAs, then heart lineages, then thuwed checkers, and finally the offspring from my 2g SAs as a finale. After those, I did some ratio tilting breedings, so things like melismors, razorcrests, tercorns, crystallines, pyrovars, etc. Stubborn things. Those gave around 60 eggs, give or take a few.

I think the only real risk is hatchies growing up wild behind the wall, which is a shame. I almost wish hatchies didn't grow up if they were in the AP! Almost XD

3 minutes ago, Paintra said:

I think the only real risk is hatchies growing up wild behind the wall, which is a shame. I almost wish hatchies didn't grow up if they were in the AP! Almost XD

Pretty sure hatchlings default to the front of the AP though regardless of time?

1 minute ago, Firefury Amahira said:

Pretty sure hatchlings default to the front of the AP though regardless of time?

They don't, sadly. Thuweds are a prime example. They have grown wild before, due to hatching in the ap and growing up before they get to surface.

2 minutes ago, catzrule1990 said:

They don't, sadly. Thuweds are a prime example. They have grown wild before, due to hatching in the ap and growing up before they get to surface.

Aw bummer. Also, TIL.

3 hours ago, Paintra said:

There was the Salt wall, that's all cleared through, a Spinel and a BSA wall, now the Nocturnes, I thought Infinis's were behind the Nocturnes but I can't quite remember. 

Dang. And here I'm still trying to get SPINELS from Plated Colossi ... Looks like someone just made it ANOTHER TAD more impossible.

I am not thankful.

4 hours ago, Firefury Amahira said:

That's quite a number

I've bred 280 of mostly holiday checkers eggs on monday (on a not related whim). There's slim chance they will make it to AP in influencable state, as they are  ~3d 13h now

Luckily, I didn't breed the rest of my group (like 900+ other pairs) XD

Edited by Lyncerta

I bred over 100 2nd Gen & checker holiday lineages just before the salt wall was bred (timezones). 

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Dang. And here I'm still trying to get SPINELS from Plated Colossi ... Looks like someone just made it ANOTHER TAD more impossible.

I am not thankful.

I tried to help a little and breed some PCs, but found I don't have that many pairs - and got the other breed surprisingly often (Xenos don't seem to be rare at all when breeding).

10 PC babies on their way to the AP. (And one Z for me to keep.)

Of course I also bred a big part of my "breed for AP" group a few days ago because the AP time was so high... XD I'm not sure at what time they're now but I guess they will end up uninfluenceable. Ah well, half of them should still gender correctly!

9 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I am not thankful.

Y'hear that folks? Sounds like we need a PC massbreed next!

1 hour ago, Firefury Amahira said:

Y'hear that folks? Sounds like we need a PC massbreed next!

Can we wait until the AP is back to 4 days first?

We are still in the < 3 days range.