TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

I got so much salt I ended up making veggie chow mien for the past few days 😛 those walls ugh 

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Dang. And here I'm still trying to get SPINELS from Plated Colossi ... Looks like someone just made it ANOTHER TAD more impossible.

I am not thankful.

That was me. It wasn't a wall, it was dotted in with the blacktips and stuff, I think. Only a couple hundred eggs went to the AP since I do purebreds.

In my case, I don't massbreed my Spinels specifically to wall, I massbreed them to take numbers down and figure out what their alt rates are. I need to do it with mixed-color pairs at some point.

Edited by Keileon

26 minutes ago, Keileon said:

In my case, I don't massbreed my Spinels specifically to wall, I massbreed them to take numbers down and figure out what their alt rates are. I need to do it with mixed-color pairs at some point.

Thank you for the spinels! You singlehandedly helped me get all the Alt spinels I need for freezing/breeding, plus a regular to freeze! :D

This has gone beyond excessive.  Why is it that nobody can freeze more than 18 hatchies every two weeks, but one person can breed almost two thousand unwanted eggs in a day?

We've got 4000 eggs to wade through, so I think the walls are gonna keep coming.

Let's hope we don't get to <1 days. 

I wonder if we would get a bunch of neglected if it does get that low.

Freeze numbers and breed numbers have nothing to do with each other.

I have a game on Silvi's. Add eggs in AP by code to the site. Try for the "it was inserted successfully to the site" message (instead of "it was updated successfully") and count how many of those appear in a row.

Posted (edited)

At least this wall is...minty fresh. ;)

...Yeah, I'll see myself out now. 🤣

In all seriousness though, I've noticed some intense walls these last few days! Never have seen such persistent walls before. :) Atleast there's, as of writing this comment, not 100% mints and other eggs are passing through (including a vampire that I missed 🙃 ). Trying to play plumber and pick some up but with only three slots at the moment it's a little hard.

Edited by Jenneta

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Dirtytabs said:

Freeze numbers and breed numbers have nothing to do with each other.

Freeze limits were instituted because people were building "hatchling armies," and I guess someone decided it hurt other players to have someone collecting and freezing hundreds of hatchies. At the moment, unlimited freezing would not be amiss. But my point is that someone or someones took freezing to excess and we ALL lost out on being able to freeze more than a handful of hatchies at a time. But people can wreck the AP for days on end with impunity?

Edited by Ardath Rekha
clarification

21 minutes ago, Ardath Rekha said:

Freeze limits were instituted because people were building "hatchling armies," and I guess someone decided it hurt other players to have someone collecting and freezing hundreds of hatchies. At the moment, unlimited freezing would not be amiss. But my point is that someone or someones took freezing to excess and we ALL lost out on being able to freeze more than a handful of hatchies at a time. But people can wreck the AP for days on end with impunity?

Not sure if that's the full story. If I remember correctly, freeze limits were introduced alongside trophy-based egg slots, right, or am I misremembering? If I'm correct, then the limits were likely added because frozens do count towards the next trophy level, and it would be a bit of an exploit to just freeze as many things as you want and get to platinum in your first week.

I joined after trophies were introduced (I think?) but I definitely think increasing freeze slots would be helpful for this kind of thing :P I'm just trying to get my scroll goals, but I can actually get adults easier than frozen hatchies because of the limits!

Freezing is an interesting discussion, perhaps there should be a suggestion to raise limits. However the difference between that and massbreeding is that freezing has an objective effect on trophies, while 'wrecking' the ap is subjective; lots of people enjoy going through bred eggs for cool lineages (which is in itself objective, there are people who love 'messy' lines). 

Meanwhile I'm having fun with the free alt lotteries, no need to incubate and with the low times these eggs hatch quite fast. 

Y'all I think the massbreed was mistimed...or rather the new release came at a bad time.  

The AP usually drops days during a release... 

And it's already low now.

Probably will be the closest to 0 on the timer we'll get in a while, outside post-holiday breeding. :o 😈

41 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

Y'all I think the massbreed was mistimed...or rather the new release came at a bad time.  

The AP usually drops days during a release... 

And it's already low now.

Oh man, going to be interesting to see how much the release pushes times down now that the walls should all be gone. 😮 With only two new breeds to collect though, people shouldn't be crazy egg-locked for days and days like they were with the new xenos I hope? Bit more AP science than I think anyone was expecting to be doing when we all were like "Let's make it RAIN EGGS!"

1 hour ago, Ruffledfeathers said:

I am trying to keep a space to catch and hatch and throw back eggs XD 

Same here. I rescued all the white dragons I saw for my army and now I'm just hatching random eggs and tossing them back. 

I've been tossing pages of AP eggs into DBC & Silvi's since they dropped to 4 days without having to leave space on my scroll to actually hold the eggs (though I did a bunch of that too yesterday when I had time & space).

I like Silvi's cuz you can easily check which codes you've already entered, even if it only takes one at a time, and DBC because I can put an entire AP page worth of codes into the box and enter them into the ER all at once.  Valley Sherwood also allows for under 4 days ER - like Silvi's, it's one code at a time.

Sent around 600 eggs to the AP a few hours ago ❤️

Starts out with 98 pb waters, and then it goes into my typical mix of avatars, other hybrids, pbs that can alt, 3g checkers, prize checkers, 4g checkers, a few 5g checkers, then purebred pinks, purples and reds, and then heart lineages, thuwed checkers and then offspring from my 2g SAs (resulted in about 35 - 40 babies from them) as a finale. There are a few 4g+ SA lineages as well.

Oh well 

2 hours ago, catzrule1990 said:

Starts out with 98 pb waters, and then it goes into my typical mix of avatars, other hybrids, pbs that can alt, 3g checkers, prize checkers, 4g checkers, a few 5g checkers, then purebred pinks, purples and reds, and then heart lineages, thuwed checkers and then offspring from my 2g SAs (resulted in about 35 - 40 babies from them) as a finale. There are a few 4g+ SA lineages as well.

I saw thuwed and 2gen Sa which I’m missing from my scrolls 🤩

There's more Tercorn in the AP than in a corn field.

*Badup Tish*

... Yeah that was bad.

We officially reached 2 days!

21 hours ago, catzrule1990 said:

Why?? The AP time is so low already????

I wonder if we will actually reach max capacity...

6 minutes ago, milotic9999 said:

Is it just me or did the times just shoot back up a little?

Yeah, times are starting to tick back upward. Goes to show just how difficult it is to keep times that low. That tercorn wall earlier only managed to get it down to 2d and didn't last that long. I imagine if all of us that participated in the "MAKE IT RAIN EGGS!" massbreeding over a week ago massbred all over again right now we probably wouldn't succeed in dropping AP times more than a fraction of what we were able to do when AP times were over 5d.

I mean... if anybody wants to try, more power to 'em. All my celestials are on cooldown and I can't really spare the 6+ hours a blacktip massbreed requires during the work week! 🤣

I totally missed the tercorn wall while I was napping; I think I snagged one of the first ones that appeared. I just want the times to get back up to >3 so I can influence some eggs again lol

anyone else wanna massbreed some rare lineages? as in, SAltkin, prizekin, prizes, metals, etc.?

i'll be breeding and APing all of mine. if my next CB prize's offspring is a prizefail i'll yeet that too.

idk why, i'm just in a good mood today.