TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

I'd say we need a few more massbreed events before the Holidays hit so I have something to do in between searching for Halloween mates that I have totally forgotten to do! (Or in between the big Holidays as these are pretty easy)

Still, I prefer to jump around every bit and send variety and nice lines into the AP. I try to think about the stuff that I'd want to hunt and what other people positively respond to. I've never been a fan of a lot of the same eggs at once. I get the reasons people massbreed particular breeds, I just wonder why more can't pick at least two or three breeds when they are on runs and rotate them every bit just so if a wall gets stuck... there will at least be a little variety in it.

I bred all my magelights. I couldn't wait until I had 1000.

They don't seem to be backing up too badly.

I bred all my magelights. I couldn't wait until I had 1000.

They don't seem to be backing up too badly.

Oh, good for you. *is freaking out inside because of Marionetta on the thread*

Oh, good for you. *is freaking out inside because of Marionetta on the thread*

Uh. Hi.

I also bred my Gemshards. This will be fun.

The AP seems to be clogginh up with 5 day eggs - a LOT of them are those butt-ugly *deleted to be PC* dragons I don't like to the max. I keep seeing people saying they've bred their Pinks and Reds a lot - and other USEFUL things - but not for the past couple of days have I even seen a whisker of a Pink. Guess I'll have to go do something about that.

Common as dirt eggs in the AP are NOT appealing to grab.

Hmm... over sixty caveborn Gemshards... what to do...

Shall we have an experiment and see what happens when you breed all of them to different dragons into the AP? Enjoy and let the little ones spread like wildfire!

Common as dirt eggs in the AP are NOT appealing to grab.

And if they aren't bred to the AP then the pinks and reds become super rare due to ratios and over breeding.

Every please feel free to keep breeding your commons, thanks smile.gif Rare droughts are not fun.

And if they aren't bred to the AP then the pinks and reds become super rare due to ratios and over breeding.

Every please feel free to keep breeding your commons, thanks smile.gif Rare droughts are not fun.

Vhale, any time you wish to breed those "common as dirt" Cassies of yours into the AP, I'll snag them up.

Also, I've found my Reds harder to breed recently. A lot more no interest/no egg than previous breedings. For that reason, I'm giving my poor babies a break. No breeding my established pairs (new pairs will still be tried, to continue my PB breeding project).

last time I massbred my reds to the AP, I didn't have much trouble with them--about 2/3 successful, which is pretty usual for me. now I'm tempted to record the results the next time I release the red army... tongue.gif

I bred several red eggs to the ap recently (I think it was monday?? I can't remember) But hoping they'll be grabbed (they probably will be, though some of them have rather icky lineages. Which I why I chose reds.)

I bred several red eggs to the ap recently (I think it was monday?? I can't remember) But hoping they'll be grabbed (they probably will be, though some of them have rather icky lineages. Which I why I chose reds.)

Even if I find a messy red egg, I keep it. Incubate is incubate, regardless of lineage tongue.gif

Edited by Lady Artemis

Mints everywhere! Cute! I'm looking for an ap gold lunar, so that kind of hinders it. Ehh...

Edited by EmmaD333

I took the mints. I took as many mints as I could. You're welcome tongue.gif

I feel like I'm the only one who loves the mint walls...

It was only half a wall, really, and only because they lingered for a while before they were suddenly gone (I could only hatch some one after the other due to egg-lockedness).

A lot of the older commons are getting more difficult to find in the AP now, I really don't think it has as much to do with mass breeding as it does with the fact that they are older and on more scrolls than the newer commons.

Given the choice I prefer pretty or interesting higher time eggs over low time 'blah' eggs (mass bred just to push times down). I figure I can either I can spend a few hours wading through dreck looking for something nice, or I can find a lot of nice stuff and have to wait a few hours for them to be incuhatchable. I like the second option better.

Yeh, I mean, who likes dreck-wading? wink.gif Was just at the AP and it's deep dreck in there now.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Yeh, I mean, who likes dreck-wading? wink.gif Was just at the AP and it's deep dreck in there now.

I just got a Harvest checker with Gold males - seriously not dreck!

During the small Mint flood a few days ago, I noticed that all of the lineages were Mints from Balloon. So I hovered until I saw a single Balloon pop up in the AP, and grabbed it quick! Not hard to find a matching mate after that! tongue.gif

In all seriousness, who was the progenitor of this cute mini flood? I prefer to name bred eggs after their parents' scroll owner.

user posted image wub.gifuser posted image

EDIT: Lots of 2g PB Bleeding Moons right now! Thank you Pippyspot - hopefully this will make it easier to get non-BM out of the somewhat frustrating breed. :>

Edited by Timbre

At least it will hopefully knock the time of the AP down a bit. I like it when it is closer to 4 days left.

Summers o_O That's one I've never seen massbred before (that I can remember anyway).

Edited by Wahya

So I just bred my Purple Dorsals

All of them.

All 80+, and I realize how small that is compared to other people's but 20, seriously? out of 80?

And ended up with a grand total of... ohh, about 20 purple dorsals, a couple of reds, and basically everything I bred the dorsals with. hooray. That's TOTALLY what I wanted.

Someone is going to have some reds with very funny parent names.

Edited by EmmaD333