TheNumericDolfin

Who keeps breeding one egg to abandon? Massbreed

In memory of country music singer Lynn Anderson, I just bred all my PB Pinks with the surname "Rose Garden" to the AP.

(Too bad that the 9 resulting eggs won't be enough to make a wall, but at least I won't mess up the ratios with them. Maybe I'll add some mixed lineages with Pinks in them...)

Ah, so that is who I can thank for this lovely little lady! http://dragcave.net/lineage/0vme2

IMO a wall that sits for hours recirculating the same eggs over and over is not much of an improvement over a nice assortment of eggs that are a few hours from being incuhatchable. I don't see that as a particularly valid reason for a wall.

I bred all my BSA and rares, let's hope more people toss eggs to the AP as well.

This applies again. Wouldn't mind a nice wall of something to bump these times down a bit, lol. They're now outside the time window of "can be incubated to ER"

After the previous reactions to walls (and the reaction to these comments), are you really surprised the AP is creeping back up again. I'm not the only mass-breeder who has given up on creating walls, only to be villified and demonised in this thread, because it's the "wrong breed" or the lineages on offer are "boring".

After the previous reactions to walls (and the reaction to these comments), are you really surprised the AP is creeping back up again. I'm not the only mass-breeder who has given up on creating walls, only to be villified and demonised in this thread, because it's the "wrong breed" or the lineages on offer are "boring".

I have to agree. I love walls and will often pick up things I wouldn't normally when they're incuhatchable in order to stay close to a lock. But I seem to be in a vocal minority. =\

And breeding rares and BSAs really doesn't effect the AP all that much since they get snapped up so quickly. I love it when people breed those things to the AP because it's very nice, but they can't create a wall and won't help bring the AP time down that I've ever seen. So they don't really deserve a place in this conversation IMHO. Massbreeding is, by my understanding of the definition - or at least the topic of this thread as stated by the OP, commons. Which is what people complain about. =(

I have to agree. I love walls and will often pick up things I wouldn't normally when they're incuhatchable in order to stay close to a lock. But I seem to be in a vocal minority. =\

And breeding rares and BSAs really doesn't effect the AP all that much since they get snapped up so quickly. I love it when people breed those things to the AP because it's very nice, but they can't create a wall and won't help bring the AP time down that I've ever seen. So they don't really deserve a place in this conversation IMHO. Massbreeding is, by my understanding of the definition - or at least the topic of this thread as stated by the OP, commons. Which is what people complain about. =(

I remember there being a massive wall of Magi eggs a few months ago...but I guess its more of purples, reds, and pinks that are snapped up faster.

The sad thing is that people don't breed commons nearly enough, and that just makes it harder for lineage builders to work with the common breeds. We really need those massbreeds of commons, not just for dragging the AP time into incuhatchable ranges but also to catch those breeds up to the rares and BSAs everybody is constantly trying to breed.

I think the reception would be a lot better if breeders would keep in mind two things.

~Don't breed so many that they can't be picked up in a reasonable amount of time.

~Keep the lineages varied, some pb, some nice checkers, mixed 2g, stairs, etc.

I mean seriously how many people on any given day want to pick up more than one or two 2nd gen pb stones or brimstones or whatever?

The other day there were quite a few flamingos, lots of different combos. That small flood lasted not terribly long and they were all snapped up pretty quickly. I think if there were more of that kind of thing going on with common breeds it would probably do more to bring AP times down and common ratios up than trying to force out a horde of a single common all at once.

I remember there being a massive wall of Magi eggs a few months ago...but I guess its more of purples, reds, and pinks that are snapped up faster.

There used to be a Magi wall pretty regularly - a minor one when I bred, a bigger one when Mathcat did, and a massive one when we both did so simultanously.

I used to do that every other week on average. Also RB walls. Sometimes BBWs or Trihorns.

Always of nice EG lineages, a lot of PBs, quite a few checkers, some other nice/neat stuff.

I used to mix those with other breeds or do something like breed all my common green coloured dragons (when I don't own enough to make a one breed wall).

I DID breed uncommons and rares and threw them into the mix but only if I felt I had also bred enough commons as to not hurt the ratios.

Heck, I even went to the trouble and only bred my Magis over the course of a couple of days in bunches (which was a lot more time-consuming for me) to avoid the dreaded walls people keep complaining about.

THIS thread is the reason I stopped.

The only things you will find in the AP by me are fails from pairings I try to get offspring of FOR MYSELF. Although I love finding pretty lineaged eggs by s0r0k4 or AngelsSin or the Freaky breeder in the AP (I know there are tons of others but I can't list them all). I seriously hope a lot more of the lineage breeders will stop sharing the wealth so this place sees where its attitude will get it.

If I were going to try to force a blocker breed into a better place I'd probably do it in reasonable batches separated by a day. Something like 15-20 pairs daily, with 5 different projects in each batch so when the eggs turn up in the AP they aren't all identical. That actually sounds like a lot of fun. xd.png

Edited by Tehya Faye

I would join except all my interesting breeds are on cool down..and can't breed my Galaxy lineaged nebula's due to fear of other people cross breeding them with non-nebs xd.png

I did do my weekly ritual of sending BSAs to the AP a few days ago tho ^.^

I bred all my available lineage projects today. Ended up getting a Pink out of a Yellow-Crowned with one of the pairs, so that'll be a nice find for somebody. ^^

I'm currently breeding all my 2nd gen holidays to their common mates to produce stairs. Hopefully that will help bring the times down.

I bred my Red Army yesterday. I'll breed my magi and pinks, and my blacks and undines too in case people are alt-hunting.

also, some lucky bug is going to grab a silver egg off the AP... wink.gif

Edited by elynne

For fun I bred some of my breeding projects. Bred a bunch of PB hybrids, as well as gold wyverns, tri-horns, reds, pinks, fogs, sunsong, BBWs, nebulas, and tidals.

I'm currently breeding all my 2nd gen holidays to their common mates to produce stairs. Hopefully that will help bring the times down.

I bred my CB holidays to their common mates smile.gif I do want to bring the time down. I like it when eggs are incuhatchable.

I suppose I could also bred my CB gemshards - 60 or so of those - if members are still interested in gems.

I bred my CB holidays to their common mates smile.gif I do want to bring the time down. I like it when eggs are incuhatchable.

I suppose I could also bred my CB gemshards - 60 or so of those - if members are still interested in gems.

I would love it if you did that with the gemstones. I didn't like em when they came out, but now I lovvveee them lol.

I would love it if you did that with the gemstones. I didn't like em when they came out, but now I lovvveee them lol.

LOL smile.gif

All right then. I'm breeding gems.

edit: Done breeding gems smile.gif Most gave eggs and most of them were gems.

Edited by rubyshoes

I guess I'll breed my Pillows again. Last time I did, they created a semi-wall that lasted a little while. And I can breed plenty of Reds but they definitely won't make any sort of wall.

I'd breed Black Teas from my growing army but I have a weird thing about wanting most of them to be childless. Maybe some other time.

I bred a bunch of old pink x common lines to the AP, though most of them gave pink eggs.

I agree with you, it's the reason i don't mass breed commons.

I guess as far as there is variety it should be fine.

I'm currently in the midst of breeding some of my commons to hopefully help with the ratios. Mostly 2nd gen so hopefully most people don't mind so much. smile.gif

I dropped about 100 eggs yesterday, all but a couple were 2nd gens, and the AP time looks the same as when I started, still about 5d2h to 5d5h, and I know I wasn't alone. Guess I need to drop at least a couple hundred today. Demand is running very high!