TJ09

2014-09-20 - September Release

I'm personally thinking that they'll just be "Garnet Dragons" or something along those lines. Maybe each variation will have its own name, like the green Coppers are called verdigris. But that does leave the question of why they're sorted this way... hmm.

Either way, I want to grab some more of these beauties tomorrow, as soon as my rare eggs get out of the way.

Whoever came up with the concept for these guys had a gem of an idea smile.gif

ba-dum-pum-psh

I laughed. A little. xP

~

A couple of hatchies grew up so I grabbed another alpine one. o3o

Well... Spessartine?

Spessartines are yellow-orange or violet-red garnets.

That's what I'm thinking. So, if they're Garnet types:

user posted image

There are some variations to Garnet colors. Wish some people would read a few pages back, or recent posts. >.<

Edited by RipPanther1

There are some variations to Garnet colors. Wish some people would read a few pages back, or recent posts. >.<

Yes, we saw (at least I did). :\ However, in recent posts, TCA, the spriter for these, seems to have devious thoughts and all of our guesses are wrong.

Spessartine also does not come between Pygmy - Seawyrm and Red, unless they sort differently. It COULD be Pyrope, but those don't cover the orangey ones.

What about Pyratine? A mix between Ptrobe and Spessertine?

Yes, we saw (at least I did). :\ However, in recent posts, TCA, the spriter for these, seems to have devious thoughts and all of our guesses are wrong.

Spessartine also does not come between Pygmy - Seawyrm and Red, unless they sort differently. It COULD be Pyrope, but those don't cover the orangey ones.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I don't sort my dragons that way, so I didn't think of how the name would fall. Hmm.

I still think possibly Pyrite or Quartz...

Quartzite???

Edited by Husky51

Right now it seems like they could be Pyrope Garnets. Although like stated above, it wouldn't cover the orange. We'll find out. tongue.gif

Somehow I feel that Pyratine seems like a name TCA would use. It's a mix of all three colors and it sounds pretty cool too.

They're not Pyratines. Each variant has its own name but they do have a group name that they're sorting under.

They're not Pyratines. Each variant has its own name but they do have a group name that they're sorting under.

You're making this speculation so fun!

Huh... So it's in the very end of the "P" range and very beginning of the "R" range for the beginning of the name (what it sorts by anyways). Since it's not "Pyratine", I'm gonna guess that it's something completely made up.

Edited by Capricornus

Aww dang... Whatever, that's fine. Well then maybe they are called Quartz (somethi) Dragon with each given certain names like Spesspertine for Orange, Almandie for the Alpine one, and Pyrobe for the Volcano.

So like: Spesspertine Quartz Dragon is blah, blah, blah...

Why would they be quartz if they like garnets?

You guys realize quartz is another stone completely right?*petsmygemstonecollection*

Im good just waiting for the name c:

New eggs, woot! VERY pretty eggs at that. *Loves shininess* Picked up 5, just need one more from the volcano. Have to wait for other eggs to hatch though... tongue.gif

Beautiful job so far. Can't wait to see the 2nd stage hatchies and adults!

Hmmm. Brain..start braining! xd.png

"Pyrope, Almandine, Grossularite, Rhodolite, Spessartine, Andradite, Carbuncle, Hessonite, Topazolite, Uralian Emerald are some of the major varieties of Garnets."

Hmmmm.

When sorted, where are they falling under?

Edit- figured it out:

Egg sorts between Seawyrm Pygmy and Red Dragon on scrolls.

Edited by RipPanther1

Seawyrm Pygmy and Red...

EDIT: Only just saw the above edit.

Edited by Condorflight