TJ09

2014-09-20 - September Release

Gosh I'm late to the party!

So they drop in alpine, coast and volcano right?

why did I think they are garnets?

from Wiki: All species of garnets possess similar physical properties and crystal forms, but differ in chemical composition. The different species are pyrope, almandine, spessartine, grossular (varieties of which are hessonite or cinnamon-stone and tsavorite), uvarovite and andradite.

Pyropes?

or are they actually sapphires?

EDIT: I noticed that on my laptop, there are clearly color differentials, easy-to-see. On this pc, the one I think of as raspberry colored is quite exactly looking the same as the claret-colored one sad.gif

I would guess that those that can't tell the difference have monitor issues, like I do with this pc, where it doesn't show as clearly as it ought.

Ruby and Sapphire are chemically the same thing (corundum) - just minor mineral differences that give them a range of colors. Real (natural) Rubies are the true red colors and more on the rare side while Sapphires are all other color possibilities and more common. When you start sliding into the red side of the color spectrum ..the pink colors is when there are issues on determining if it's a ruby or a sapphire. Some jewelers will try to pass off pink stones as "light rubies" when they would be more properly called a sapphire. Generally if it is not really red it should be called a sapphire and the reds/dark reds reserved for the Ruby name.

Beryl also has a wide variety of colors which are given different gemstone names. Pure beryl is colorless.. when you add in the variety of mineral impurities is when you get the different colors - gemstones such as emerald and blue aquamarine. Likewise, Citrine and Amethyst are just simply quartz gemstones of a certain color range.

I wasn't here when the drop started.

Now it'll take me forever to catch up...again.

u_u I spend the month trying to catch up on new dragons I missed and three more come out.

Less than a day after their release there's almost only old eggs in the biomes blink.gif

When people reported old eggs mixing in after 3 hours or so I decided to drop some eggs with nice codes to lock myself with new releases - now I'm really glad I did xd.png

Right when I was egglocked, if that's the right term. ;A;

Hopefully I'll catch some later, when I get rid of the other eggs. -.-

I wish there had been a anounchment beforehand..

Guess we are back to the old ways were you have to watch the site 24/7 to not miss out on things. Well... Maybe I have more luck next month.. Or the month after...Or whenever the next non-scheduled release is. ohmy.gif

I even use CTRL+R for refresh so the only mouse movement is from one egg to the next. sad.gif

The only difference there I do is hover over one of the three egg spaces to make clicking much quicker (as for me even moving that small space between eggs always lose out)

The only difference there I do is hover over one of the three egg spaces to make clicking much quicker (as for me even moving that small space between eggs always lose out)

I actually have it hovering on the last one, an that's the one I click first. Then the others, just in case.

Caveblockers, caveblockers everywhere.... censorkip.gif

Dodging them with track-pad is such a pain ._.

On the bright side I at least have the volcano eggs

I actually have it hovering on the last one, an that's the one I click first. Then the others, just in case.

I think that's what most people do, so I have my cursor over the first one, hoping for less competition for that egg. That worked ok for me, they still were not easy to catch, but I managed to get my batch that way.

Just saw a chicken. And a copper. Not that I caught any of them.

I've seen a copper too, also papers, chickhens and cheeses. Even a silver. Missed all x')

These are awesome! I love the alpine color the most really glad I decided to grab 3 of them happy.gif Can't wait to see the adults smile.gif

Congrats on TCA for the release - the babies and eggs are BJOO-TEE-FULL. And I can't wait for the adults biggrin.gif

Although I was locked when the release started (damn misclicks literally 10 minutes before), I managed to fill up a couple of hours later and even snagged the last egg I needed for 3 pairs this noon (CET) so about - right now - without much of a problem.

I'm still no fan of random releases but at least I managed OK this time.

Thanks to everyone involved as always for all the work you put into this site smile.gif

They are still dropping , only problem is people arent picking up the older eggs so they arent showing. I'll try my luck trading for them.

I have one of each and am not dropping my other eggs.

I got all of mine in the 5-Minute drops. Turning of images helps a lot with refreshing the page faster.

Good luck hunting and keep an eye on the department thread - lots of people are dropping eggs there for free.

This release caught me by surprise, I only realized the release was happening when I scanned the biomes. I Managed to grab 2 of each color, pretty damn difficult though. When I was trying to grab the orange ones about 95% of the time it would say someone else took the egg dry.gif. These new babies look awesome, maybe they're related to some type of gemstone or pebbles? Hopefully the biomes will quiet down and people will get a better chance at catching the shiny new eggs.

Caught 2 of each from the volcano and coast via my cellphone's terrible internet. Now on to the alpine biome!

Huh? I got two from each biome, but the four I got from the Alpine and Volcano are all red. The two I got from the Coast are orange. So no brown ones?

Huh? I got two from each biome, but the four I got from the Alpine and Volcano are all red. The two I got from the Coast are orange. So no brown ones?

Alpine and Volcano are very similar in colour - one is a bit more "brown-redish" the other is a tad "purple-reddish"

Depending on your monitor they can be really hard to distinguish but the difference is there wink.gif

Edited by herk

My three eggs that I couldn't drop yesterday hatched overnight, so I go to hunt this morning and find mostly old eggs. sad.gif Still it was not as hard as I feared to catch new ones. I managed 1 alpine and 1 volcano, but misclicked a hellfire so now I have to wait 5 more hours for the coast one I still need. By then I am sure there will be more hunters out there and it will get even harder. I was getting some pretty bad lag even with only 30 - 40 people hunting.

Just saw the winged babies. I am amazed. They are beautiful! Thank you so much, TCA, for this lovely dragon. I can't wait to see the adults. Congratulations on getting your dragon in the cave. smile.gif

I am having a lot of trouble distinguishing the colors, too. I will have to try hubby's PC and see if it shows them better than my laptop. If I blow them up a bit then I can see some difference, but at normal size they look the same to me.

Edited by purplehaze