TJ09

2014-09-20 - September Release

The hatchlings are so cute. Think I like the orange one best. biggrin.gif

Thanks TJ and spriters biggrin.gif

Wow, managed to get one of each that way in one minute. blink.gif

Thank you very much xd.png

totally welcome that was my method xd.png

I just noticed this thanks to a friend and instead of new eggs I'm picking up old eggs. :'( Have to wait extra to get rid of those now.

Oh hey, I actually remember the adult sprites of these and their names. I don't recall which of the three was my favorite, which is really the one thing I should've paid attention to. I vaguely remember it had a unique pattern to it.

Unless TheCompleteAnimorph already mentioned, I'll wager the species name begins with "radiant" if it isn't made-up.

One type of Garnet is called Pyrope... I wonder if that's it? (Thanks Wikipedia!)

They have such lovely color! I was finally able to snag 1 of each color (some difficulty in Valcano). xP

I can't wait to see the adults!

rubies that play with garnets?

"Aww... It’s a cute baby dragon. It likes garnets, but only certain kinds."

Well... Spessartine?

Spessartines are yellow-orange or violet-red garnets.

I could see these being called "Red Garnets", since there ARE garnets of other colors besides red (like blue and green, in fact).

I could see these being called "Red Garnets", since there ARE garnets of other colors besides red (like blue and green, in fact).

But there is also an orange egg...

I went to gemselect, looked for spessartite garnets (spessartines) and the colors match. Obviously I could be very wrong: happens often.

>name speculation

:3

I wonder when the hatchlings generally get their wings...

I guess the name is maybe “Pyrope” tongue.gif

It must be! I will... uh, rescind my wager.

TCA's probably cackling right now if it isn't easily guessable. tongue.gif

But there is also an orange egg...

I went to gemselect, looked for spessartite garnets (spessartines) and the colors match. Obviously I could be very wrong: happens often.

It's a very reddish orange so it's still red.

Also just realize Red Garnet wouldn't come before Red. I think? Considering that Seawyrms are Pygmy - Seawyrm or something, so Spessartine wouldn't work.

>name speculation

Oh goodie, I assume that it's either a made-up name or something very obscure. Knowing you, TCA... XD

I hope the female sprite is amazing since so many times it's the male that looks better...

Well... Spessartine?

Spessartines are yellow-orange or violet-red garnets.

This was my thought when I saw the description and how they sort

Of course - we do have a few dragons who sort under one name, yet are called another (Black Capped Teimarr sorting as Teimarr instead of Black Cap, Shimmer-scale as Prize, Yellow-Crowned as sun crown I believe it is)

It's a very reddish orange so it's still red.

Also just realize Red Garnet wouldn't come before Red. I think? Considering that Seawyrms are Pygmy - Seawyrm or something, so Spessartine wouldn't work.

Oh goodie, I assume that it's either a made-up name or something very obscure. Knowing you, TCA... xd.png

Yes, they are listed between "pygmy" and “red”, considing the description, I guess "Pyrope".