Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

I have this... it's called Acid Reflux. It starts out when you have a drastic change in diet or something in your genes. I remember those nights of being in constant pain every time I tried to eat or drink anything (It is not fun, as you can imagine >.<). I really hope you do visit a doctor just to be sure but, in the mean time, you could try low to heavy doses of Omeprazole or Previcid to try to prevent this from happening again. It could be an abnormal buildup of acid trapped in your stomach that fills you up or constantly burns the walls causing you to need to puke every time you try to intake food.

It could also be allergies in what you eat, so maybe you should be tested for food allergies. But it will eventually go away, trust me! ^^ Good luck!

Looking up the symptoms this does seem like what i've got...but my wallet is dried up and I have very little money to spare. Any foods I should eat/avoid eating until this clears up?

And thank you for the answers, I appreciate it a lot.

Milk may be acidic, but I've found it helps my acid reflux, as dairy can cause more phlegm production, which will coat the esophagus and stomach in more mucus, which helps prevent the acid from burning. Try to avoid spicy and greasy foods if you aren't able to afford medication. If you are, though, I take 30mg of Prevacid, myself. When it acts up, try to avoid laying down and stay at least somewhat upright.

Looking up the symptoms this does seem like what i've got...but my wallet is dried up and I have very little money to spare. Any foods I should eat/avoid eating until this clears up?

I've only been half reading, so sorry if I missed this, but if you haven't already - it'd be a good idea to start keep track of what you eat and when in a food diary and noting any negative reactions. Might help you figure out if there is some trigger to whatever it is.

(I don't have any known food issues, although I've been wondering recently, and the friend I had who had acid reflux didn't like to talk about it, so I can't suggest certain things to avoid, sorry!)

Milk may be acidic, but I've found it helps my acid reflux, as dairy can cause more phlegm production, which will coat the esophagus and stomach in more mucus, which helps prevent the acid from burning. Try to avoid spicy and greasy foods if you aren't able to afford medication. If you are, though, I take 30mg of Prevacid, myself. When it acts up, try to avoid laying down and stay at least somewhat upright.

Milk is basic, not acidic o: It's not usually recommended with upset stomachs such as diarrhea and sometimes vomiting depending on what causes the vomiting.

But it is useful with neutralizing acidic contents. HOWEVER. The affect is temporary, and I wouldn't advise drinking very much of it because the products in milk (such as the sugars) will later cause acid secretion in the stomach for digestion. If you do drink it, stay away from whole milk. The less fat content, the better.

You might need to eat bland foods for a while. Milk is a good stomach coater and might help.

BOILED milk is good for these things, while uncooked milk gives you the runs. I have no idea why, but my doctor told me this.

Lately I've been thinking, my life is pretty nice. I travel often and see cool places, get good grades in school and succeed in everything I put enough effort into. But then there's the bad stuff, every single time I'm going outside of the house, I get anxious just thinking what would happen if somebody I know saw me. I don't have many friends since it's hard for me to make new ones because I'm so scared of rejection and that they'll laugh at me. In school I'm awfully silent and I rarely answer any questions the teacher asks because I'm scared I might be wrong. I'm not sure if I need a hug, a friend or a psychiatrist.

I have this... it's called Acid Reflux. It starts out when you have a drastic change in diet or something in your genes. I remember those nights of being in constant pain every time I tried to eat or drink anything (It is not fun, as you can imagine >.<). I really hope you do visit a doctor just to be sure but, in the mean time, you could try low to heavy doses of Omeprazole or Previcid to try to prevent this from happening again. It could be an abnormal buildup of acid trapped in your stomach that fills you up or constantly burns the walls causing you to need to puke every time you try to intake food.

It could also be allergies in what you eat, so maybe you should be tested for food allergies. But it will eventually go away, trust me! ^^ Good luck!

Oh yes I totally forgot I was going to bring up acid reflux! I was going to put it after and got caught up with something else. :P

But when I was thinking of medicine I was thinking of something like those.

Milk is basic, not acidic o: It's not usually recommended with upset stomachs such as diarrhea and sometimes vomiting depending on what causes the vomiting.

But it is useful with neutralizing acidic contents. HOWEVER. The affect is temporary, and I wouldn't advise drinking very much of it because the products in milk (such as the sugars) will later cause acid secretion in the stomach for digestion. If you do drink it, stay away from whole milk. The less fat content, the better.

No, I think it's slightly acidic from what I've read. It has a pH of 6, which means it's very slightly acidic (lactic acid, anyone?).

But anyway, Tazzay, yes, try to watch what you eat and if you can't get the medicine, maybe try what I suggested. It will taste gross but it should neutralize some of the acid.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I have a family member that suffers from acid reflux and here is what works for them:

Drinks to avoid:

*anything with caffeine

*anything carbonated

*alchohol

(basically stick with water)

Foods to avoid:

*citrus fruits

*peppers, onion

*anything with tomatoes or tomato sauce

*chocolate

*spicy foods

*anything really fatty (like deep fried)

Other tips:

*eat smaller meals

*sleep with an extra pillow or two to elevate your head

*stop eating a few hours before bed

Foods that work:

*oatmeal

*whole wheat pasta

*beans

*chicken and leaner meats

*yogurt

*any fruits besides citrus

*veggies, veggies and more veggies

*whole grain breads

*eggs

*granola bars

That is just some of them, there are plenty out there, you just have to reinvent your meals, restock your kitchen and go with it. If you want any meal ideas, feel free to PM me.

Edited by littleblackdog

Um. I have acid reflux. You've gotten good advice so far, especially the food diary. There are generic brands of most acid reducers that are over the counter. I take 30 mg of Prevacid daily. 15 mg may be enough to help you, and it's over the counter.

Clear pop helps me, but colas make it worse. Most juice makes it worse. Most nuts make it worse. Eating more frequent, smaller meals helps. Non-fatty proteins help a lot, particularly as they stay in the stomach longer. Saltines may help, just don't overdo them. In general I find that a salty carbohydrate like crackers helps most when I'm nauseated.

I think what makes it worse can be different for different people, especially if part of the problem is allergies to foods. Much of my acid reflux is caused by sinus problems. If you have sinus issues treating that may help the acid reflux more than taking medication for the acid reflux.

The thing that may help more than anything else is finding out what your triggers are. They can be many things from foods to seasons to situations. The only way to find out what your triggers are is to track what you were doing or eating when episodes happen. Then you can plan ahead to deal with things before you start feeling sick.

Added: you don't need a doctor to test for food allergies. In fact, an allergist told me that skin tests for food allergies is inconclusive. This is what I've been told to do to determine if I'm allergic to a food: first off take everything that has that food in it out of my diet for 7 days. You'll have to do some research to make sure you have none of it in your food as many foods can hide in unfamiliar labels. Wheat for example, is hidden in many food under other names like gluten, starch, duram, modified food starch (unless it specifically says it's not made from wheat), hydrolyzed vegetable protein and others. Once you've gone totally without a food for 7 days, for 3 days, or until you have a reaction, load on that food. Eat bunches of it. Some common foods that cause problems are wheat, fish, tree nuts, soy, peanuts, shellfish and milk. However, any food can cause an allergic reaction.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I honestly don't know what to do with myself...

I'm going through a very hard break up. I've been with this guy for a year and 8 months and one day we were hanging out and having a good time and then he took me out for ice cream and told me he wanted to break up because we have nothing in common or compatibility. We both had love and trust in eachother and respect and he doesn't believe that opposites attract. I'm heart broken...I opened up to him and told him everything. I've never been so comfortable around a guy before. Not only was he my boyfriend but he was my best friend. There's days were I can't function and all I do is cry. He was my world and I gave my heart to him. I don't want to be with anyone else. I want to be with him and it hurts. I feel like I lost my best friend and I still love him. sad.gif

This just crossed my dash and I think it is relevant to you, shopgirl:

user posted image

You felt like it was going really great with this guy and he gave that up, for what? Some random phrase that he disagrees with??? He threw it away for nothing. I'm sorry he did that to you. He doesn't see how amazing you are or doesn't value that and you deserve someone who does.

Eat some ice cream, sing your heart out to Adele, cry or scream into a pillow if you need. Let yourself be sad, let yourself be angry, give yourself some time, and then begin to let it go. We all deserve someone who we not only think is amazing but who thinks we are amazing. Someone who lets us go isn't someone who thinks we are amazing. <3

Lately I've been thinking, my life is pretty nice. I travel often and see cool places, get good grades in school and succeed in everything I put enough effort into. But then there's the bad stuff, every single time I'm going outside of the house, I get anxious just thinking what would happen if somebody I know saw me. I don't have many friends since it's hard for me to make new ones because I'm so scared of rejection and that they'll laugh at me. In school I'm awfully silent and I rarely answer any questions the teacher asks because I'm scared I might be wrong. I'm not sure if I need a hug, a friend or a psychiatrist.

You are experiencing anxiety that is negatively impacting your life. This is definitely worth talking to someone too. A psychiatrist, school guidance counselor, someone. Start somewhere. You're not the only one who experiences such severe anxiety, there are techniques and such that may help you. Don't suffer in silence. Speak up to a friend or family member who you think will support you first if you need some help getting to a psychiatrist. <3

haha oh man i'm sorry but i gotta get this out

So, dealt with 5+ rants today. all day on and off my skype was just ringing with messages and sad people and honestly as much as i love to help everyone has a limit

i've been depressed for god knows how long and i'm fourteen, fourteen, and i honestly don't want to have to deal with rants every single day. it's been all day this week people have been coming to for help and while i'm mostly willing, everyone has a limit.

i just feel like i can't help anymore. i honesty can't be around all this negativity since i feel at any moment i'm either going to start crying or snap at someone.

i'm really sorry for my grammar and spelling right now but its 2 am and i'm so ****ing done.

there's a difference between caring and being your personal therapist. i can't even count how many times people have simply come to me for a rant, then ignored me otherwise. i've gotten countless messages from my actual friends being concerned over my emotional health and i waved them away--i regret that, i should've responded when i had the chance.

five rants. more than eight hours of huge textposts and depressing thoughts straight, this entire bloody week.

i'm done.

I know I am very late on this, but I did want to reply to it because you reply to everyone and you deserve the same kindness. <3

I've already said this one to someone else in this thread and you agreed with me, so you shouldn't be surprised when I say: your health matters. Your health is important. First and foremost, you have to take care of you. The Sailor Moon image up there is also applicable to you!

This means that you have to learn to say no. If you need time for yourself, then you need time for yourself! Anybody who doesn't understand isn't a good friend to you.

People who only use you to vent, but are never there for you are toxic. I have had these people in my life, too. I know and understand just how hard they are to cut out, but oh my gosh, is it worth it. People who only dump on you bring you down. It starts to weigh on you and I personally began dreading their name popping up on my skype. It turned my emotions very, very negative, moreso than usual. People who only want to take from you are not being fair. They are not being friends. They are using you and you deserve better than that.

You are human. You are a teenager. You are not a psychiatrist. People who need weekly appointments need somebody with professional training who is paid to help them. That is not you. You need to help yourself here. Block people on skype who are using you and start caring for yourself, dear. <3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm going back to work on Monday after a week-and-a-half medical leave when I was suicidal. I'm actually doing better now, things are more under control and I think the new meds are working.... But I'm terrified to go back to work. Part of that is the *large* amount of anxiety that I get at work and years of therapy haven't pinpointed any sort of trigger. I don't *want* to go back to work while feeling better and have my 4-hour workday trigger another meltdown. I don't *want* to go back and clockwatch and cry and cut and all those things that work brings out in me. But finances are bad and there is really no option of staying away longer.

I've been feeling bad lately...

This is my second year in this school; I transferred last year.

I'm a quiet person and always have been.

To make it short, during my first year here, I spent the first couple months alone because I was very shy and I'm not good at making friends. After a while, though, I found some nice people who invited me to be a part of their group and they were really nice. I thought I had real friends. But then one day, they started avoiding me. I don't know what I did wrong, so to make it easy for them and less awkward, I just didn't bother with them anymore. Then I went back to my loner self and eventually, the year ended.

Not a very nice way to start my first year of highschool.

This year, I promised to make it better and open up. As of now, I am unsuccessful. I stay by myself during breaks, it's not easy for me to find a partner/group for projects or activities.

I start to sweat when I have to present in front of the class, when the teacher calls me, and most especially, I get very, very nervous when the teachers say to find a partner or form a group by friends. A pressure forms in my stomach and I try to stop myself from breaking into a cold sweat.

I just don't know what's wrong with me. I know I'm pathetic anyways and I'm aware of how awkward I am because I'm so skinny (my family does make fun of it now and then) And I do feel bad about it. In school I don't speak up much and I just stay quiet. It's like no matter how much I tell myself to do something, I just can't because I'm scared of what they'll think. Some friendlier people try to make small talk with me. I don't know how to respond so it always becomes awkward.

Anyways, I just felt like I needed to blurt this all out.

I suspect I have social anxiety but I'm too afraid to tell anyone. No one knows except for my one best friend from my old school (we keep in touch through fb).

Yes, it does sound like social anxiety. A good psychiatrist or psychologist could tell you for sure. However, they'd also most likely treat you with drugs and I don't particularly think it's necessarily the best course for people.

Being shy doesn't mean there's something wrong with you. It's your personality. It's also a character trait. I separate personality from character. Personality is inborn. It's just who and what you are, but character is learned. I was shy in school too. I was afraid, as you are, of what people would think of me. I was afraid of failure. These feelings are normal. For whatever reason you never learned to get past your natural reserve and relate to people. You can try to learn it more now if you're willing to put the effort into it. It isn't easy, but it can be done. One thing that may help is to realize that what most people want to talk about is themselves. Not being a socially selfish talker helps you relate to others better. Try to think of things you can ask others about themselves before you try to talk to them. Get them to talk to you. You're never going to be an outgoing person because that's not your nature but you can learn to relate to others more easily.

High school is a particularly vulnerable time. You're not only going through intense physical changes as your body matures, you're going through emotional and intellectual changes as your view of your place in the world changes. It's stressful. Understanding that all the others around are also going through those changes might help. They are also fearful. You want to fit in, and not be rejected or made fun of. So do they. All the things that make you feel fearful are also vulnerable things for the others. They may handle it better. Or they're better at masking their fears. But they have them.

Get help if you can. But understand you're not sick or abnormal. You're just not an outgoing personality like some other people are.

I've been feeling bad lately...

To make it short, during my first year here, I spent the first couple months alone because I was very shy and I'm not good at making friends. After a while, though, I found some nice people who invited me to be a part of their group and they were really nice. I thought I had real friends. But then one day, they started avoiding me. I don't know what I did wrong, so to make it easy for them and less awkward, I just didn't bother with them anymore. Then I went back to my loner self and eventually, the year ended.

This year, I promised to make it better and open up. As of now, I am unsuccessful. I stay by myself during breaks, it's not easy for me to find a partner/group for projects or activities.

I start to sweat when I have to present in front of the class, when the teacher calls me, and most especially, I get very, very nervous when the teachers say to find a partner or form a group by friends. A pressure forms in my stomach and I try to stop myself from breaking into a cold sweat.

I just don't know what's wrong with me. I know I'm pathetic anyways and I'm aware of how awkward I am because I'm so skinny (my family does make fun of it now and then) And I do feel bad about it. In school I don't speak up much and I just stay quiet. It's like no matter how much I tell myself to do something, I just can't because I'm scared of what they'll think. Some friendlier people try to make small talk with me. I don't know how to respond so it always becomes awkward.

I suspect I have social anxiety but I'm too afraid to tell anyone. No one knows except for my one best friend from my old school (we keep in touch through fb).

I can see myself within Pixel.G's post a little bit. I'm not really good at giving advice but I'm being drawn to this post. *hugs* I really wanted to give you a hug and I hope your high school years will be wonderful. :3

I'm going back to work on Monday after a week-and-a-half medical leave when I was suicidal. I'm actually doing better now, things are more under control and I think the new meds are working.... But I'm terrified to go back to work. Part of that is the *large* amount of anxiety that I get at work and years of therapy haven't pinpointed any sort of trigger. I don't *want* to go back to work while feeling better and have my 4-hour workday trigger another meltdown. I don't *want* to go back and clockwatch and cry and cut and all those things that work brings out in me. But finances are bad and there is really no option of staying away longer.

I am so sorry.

Been there; when I was almost up to going back, I went into the building out of hours to acclimatise myself a bit - is that possible for you ?

Can you develop yourself some kind of mantra or not too noticeable activity that you can use when the anxiety starts to rise ? (and how are your managers anyway ? Mine were actually very helpful and supportive, but few are that lucky.)

We are all with you, rubbing your back. You can do it. Oh - and leave the blades at home, and go for a walk in the park after work, to calm that urge...

Hang in there, Marie. wub.gif

[i've been feeling bad lately...

//hugs// There there bae, it's okay. ♥

It's perfectly okay to be more introverted than extroverted. There are many people who would rather stay at home than be out partying--like others have said, it's okay to be shy. It's endearing that you know your limits and what makes you comfortable and the such.

It does sound like social anxiety; I would suggest telling your teachers about it so they don't judge you too harshly in presentations, or find you a partner so it's easier for you to just get work done?

//hugs// I know it isn't easy to talk to others--I also have problems just going up to people and being outgoing straight away. It isn't easy, but you're doing okay. ♥

You aren't pathetic for not being able to talk to people; being shy is a thing and having a couple close friends is sometimes better than having large groups of friends that you can only meet at parties or whatever. I'm glad to hear you have your best friend there to talk to you about such things!

All in all, don't force yourself. It's okay to know your limits and remember; your mental health comes above everything. It's good to make some friends, but try not to end up doing anything too extreme or something that makes you uncomfortable.

High school is a scary place! Have you considered joining nice clubs or hanging out in the library to find other people who would be more open to your mindset and make good friends?

I wish you luck. //hugs// You'll be okay, just keep doing what you do best! ♥

Greetings, all. I request some help, though the information I give won't be any help- I've never sorted out my problem.

Okay, so, I guess the main problem is my depression. Or at least, the depression I had. Now, I was feeling horrible and becoming anti-social, realizing that the people I was surrounded by were using me- manipulating and influencing my decisions. It might have been in a fit of panic, but the damage has been done- I have only one friend I can visit. I also became very prideful and self-conscious, and no longer can stand to be seen. I hate it when people glance at me when I'm trying to enjoy a peaceful walk. I don't want to be remembered.

Now, this turned into me rarely going outside. My family got annoyed, and my brother began yelling at me. I can't tell him the reason why; it's a secret I've kept for a while, and it'll only make things worse. Now, he also hates my pessimism on life and my love of chocolate, and so I fear to tell him I have lost faith in my family's religion, judging from previous experiences.

I fear going to a psychiatrist or psychologist, even though it would be helpful. My mind puts up an automatic facade. It's impossible to tell anyone the full story, I'm hiding something from you all. Still, I'm happy to say this is the most I've confessed.

I need a solution, though, not comfort. I'll dislike you if you give the latter.

Thanks, and sorry for repetition.

-Serce

hi there america

//hugs// Hello! Don't worry about not giving enough information; everything you've already said is very brave of you to do so and seeking help is the first step! That's really good to hear. ♥

//hugs// Depression really sucks, doesn't it?

Ahaha lies down comfort is more my forte than solutions, but I'll try my best. Feel free to ignore me if this doesn't suit your needs.

Well, the truth of the matter is you won't be able to get any help unless you open up. Keeping your sadness bottled up and hiding it from everyone with a fake image isn't going to help yourself or anyone; they don't know you're suffering, so they're going to take actions that will only hurt you more.

The first step in wanting to help yourself is admitting you need help, and then opening up to the people around you. As much as I wish I could help, we're only strangers on the internet and I can't do anything that people close to you would be able to do.

If it's gotten to the point where you've driven away your friends and you're too scared to go outside because of your depression, you need either medical or professional help to help you get over your fears. By hiding it, it's only going to grow worse until it reaches a point where you don't know how to open up and no one is willing to help, and by then all you're going to get is pity and useless, fake comfort.

It depends on how bad you've been lately, but you either need to tell your parents about this and seek a therapist or psychologist. And you must open up, you absolutely have to. Therapists cannot read minds and unless you give them the full story they don't know how to help you--I've heard many people say their therapists are useless because they don't know the complete gist of things. They're there to help, but it's very, very hard to help someone get over a fear that they don't know. By opening up and telling your story to the person helping you, they know exactly how to help and will try their best.

If it's not that extreme, then you should tell your parents and definitely your brother. Maybe not your religion issue if they're seriously religious, but your brother is hurting you without knowing he is. You have to tell him exactly what's happening and get him to stop how he's treating you--it's not helping your problem and it's definitely something you don't need right now. Your parents also should know--if they care, then they should be told when their child is suffering.

If you can't tell the full story in one sitting--don't worry, not many people can--then tell it piece by piece until you're comfortable and both you and your therapist are committed to helping you.

Recovery is a two sided road that takes effort from both sides to help. Good luck! ♥

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

Ah hello I have social anxiety too!! I used to just break down and cry every time I had to go do a presentation, ahah. I still hyperventilate a lot when I have to do public speaking, it's something I'm working on. Although the "social" aspect is not as bad for me since I care more about my own opinion than others' (I'm pretty sure I only realized that other people existed maybe seven/eight years ago) and also I literally can't empathize with people, so I dunno if I'd be any good at giving advice u~u

One thing my psychiatrist worked on with me was finding bad thoughts and that helped me a lot I think! Anxiety thoughts tend to be concerned with the future or the past and stretching the truth, so they're usually not very logical. For example if you're worried that people might judge you if you don't get something right. First of all, why would they do that? Everyone has failed spectacularly at something or other, and stuff like reaching out to other people or public speaking are things that everyone has to learn how to do. The vast majority of people will understand that you're not done learning, and it's fine - they went through that too. People laughing in the background are way more likely to be remembering a joke or talking to their friends than directing that at you. And even if they are judging you, why does that matter? No random stranger is going to tower over you your whole life and sneer at all your choices, especially if they're just some person who goes to the same high school as you. It won't affect your life if you understand that and don't take it to heart.

Of course it won't just instantly fix your problem, but it'll give you a distraction and time to calm down, and with practice it's easier to recognize thoughts like that and push them out when they try to intrude.

And on the subject of making friends: there shouldn't be a "strategy" for this, really. Real friends are supposed to make you feel good about who you are, so as cliche as this might sound, don't change yourself for the sole purpose of getting friends. Just approach people you think might be likely candidates and hang out. (If you're completely incapable of talking to strangers, like me, try existing in their immediate vicinity until you build up a bit of confidence. Pay attention to shared interests - those tend to be easier to talk about. This is literally how I found all of my friends.) If being with them is making you uncomfortable, maybe discuss it with them if you feel up to it or just find someone else. You shouldn't have to sacrifice anything just to be friends with a single person when there are, like, seven billion more human beings you can try.

Things will get better! The world is ultimately a good place! Surround yourself with people you like!!

Still in my dire straights - but I have had a few nibbles at my applications. I hope something turns out with these. Been three in a couple days which has been more than I have had in weeks. this sets me at ease a little.

Thank you for the support guys <3 I really appreciate it and it made me feel better. smile.gif Thanks! uwu

Still in my dire straights - but I have had a few nibbles at my applications. I hope something turns out with these. Been three in a couple days which has been more than I have had in weeks. this sets me at ease a little.

*hugs* I am so glad to hear you're getting nibbles, Starscream! That's wonderful news and I wish you the best of luck with them. smile.gif

Starting high school tomorrow. A little nervous. >_<

*hugs* Take a deep breath and walk through that door with a smile tomorrow. smile.gif Although I have no high school experience (was homeschooled from 1st through 12th grade), I do know that however scary a situation might be, a lot of it is often in your head. So try not to panic, eat a good breakfast and be ready to start your next leg of the education journey.

*more hugs*

I just had a very strange experiance, which is not a bad thing per say but brought me to tears all the same. It tugged a multi-tude of emotional strings and I am unsure how to wrap my brain around it.

I was out to a job interview, I had gone to the mall to drop off a few more.

So I was exiting the mall, and a woman stops me to ask me, where a shop is. She said it was down by sears and where was sears. I said it's just turn left once you go back in. Oh its near chapters? that'll be on the right hand side after you turn."

She then noticed my Decepticon Earrings. "Is that transformers?" she asks

"Yes" I reply, "I also have a wrist watch to match."

"That is so cool, I like transformers. Have you seen the movie?"

"I-uh-haven't had a chance to..." I replied somewhat hesitantly

"Why not?"

"I'm broke." -(not part of the conversation this following bit) Basically I would love to go, but currently I cannot afford to - its one of the things I was determined to cut out due to my current financial mess. If I had money I'd have gone weeks ago, but currently its not in my game plan. Well not until just now :/

She brightens up, grabs her purse "Oh! I can help you with that!"

I respond with a "no, please don't"

"I insist! I'm sick you see, I won't be here much longer."

All manner of emotions run through me. I feel so so terribly sad for her. I don't know what I should be doing at this point. Sticking around waiting for a terminally ill woman to hand me a ticket or apologise. She kept insisting I remain where I was. She was most adamant.

She hands me 12 dollars and said, "see the movie."

I responded "You don't have to do this.... really I can't accept"

She would not take the money back from me I gave her my website card and name. She also took my resume to hand out in a different city, but the logistics for working in the next city over is short of impossible in my current situation - she said she has connections.

SO I have 12 dollars in my wallet that a dying woman has asked me to use to see a movie. And gave her a resume for a city that would be difficult for me to get to.

I feel touched by the random act of kindness. It brings me to tears because I wish I could be helpful in return. It does not sit right with me, having been given it. I am grateful for her heart and I know the world is gonna lose a wonderful person soon and this also does not sit well with me.

I went to the garden patch I am growing veg at and phoned my husband to tell him. I also said I am compelled to follow her wish as one should in these cases. After that I sat down and cried. I am unsure what sort of emotions I am feeling or what I should be feeling.

Strangest day today.