Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

@EclipseHeart: I apologise I got nothing to contribute as I never encountered any of these things. These are all taboo in our country. smile.gif Anyway, won't you just share some virtual tea with me instead? user posted image Tea can help you to stay calm ( sad.gif Although sadly I doubt that would do its work with the traumatic experience you're undergoing.)

Do update us more about what happens. I'm sure the wonderful people here such as SockPuppet.., Shienvien, edwardel..., etc. would be anxious to know, and they would support and guide you somehow in what to do next. Hope everything turns right.

P.S. For odd reasons, I still feel sorry for the mom albeit being horrible. sad.gif Everyone has good inside them. It's just very difficult to see it in others while others are very easy.

(( dry.gif Hmm, I'm not sure about those horrible people- are their good spirit hidden deeply inside them, or is it that they just exert effort to hide them, or they consciously exert effort to show their bad side, or ohmy.gif *gasp* Ho, they're invisible! It's beyond me.))

Yesterday night, I ended up being banned on another site (it took me less than an hour to notice) for something I'm sure I didn't do. It's been bothering me since and I was a little sleepless last night (I still slept, but I woke up a couple of times and I didn't have the will to have dreams). At first I was just a bit angered and anxious (I did write a polite message to the support center), but as time passes I'm feeling more and more worried; I still haven't received a response, and what makes the matter worse is that the ban is indefinite until I prove I'm innocent, which puts me at risk of not being able to play on that site anymore because people might choose to not believe me or something might suddenly jump in and make things even worse than they are now (and I really fear both), not to mention I have no evidence to back me up. While I can probably just live on without it, it hits me hard because I've been on that site (counting the old one before it moved) since 2010, I love that site a lot and I don't take being banned very well at all (I'm not sure why, but punishments like this basically not just ruin, but also kill my mood and make me have negative feels and it's even pushed me into crying a few times, especially since one of these punishments happened in the week with my birthday I've had last year).

If you wish to talk to me about this and you, for example, want the reason I was given or the site name, I'd rather do it in private rather than in this thread for reasons.

Please do help me if you can. I've been very upset and I just can't take my mind off it even if I try (I watched some videos for example, and while I did get some laughs it didn't last long and I reverted back to being glum :c).

Yesterday night, I ended up being banned on another site (it took me less than an hour to notice) for something I'm sure I didn't do. It's been bothering me since and I was a little sleepless last night (I still slept, but I woke up a couple of times and I didn't have the will to have dreams). At first I was just a bit angered and anxious (I did write a polite message to the support center), but as time passes I'm feeling more and more worried; I still haven't received a response, and what makes the matter worse is that the ban is indefinite until I prove I'm innocent, which puts me at risk of not being able to play on that site anymore because people might choose to not believe me or something might suddenly jump in and make things even worse than they are now (and I really fear both), not to mention I have no evidence to back me up. While I can probably just live on without it, it hits me hard because I've been on that site (counting the old one before it moved) since 2010, I love that site a lot and I don't take being banned very well at all (I'm not sure why, but punishments like this basically not just ruin, but also kill my mood and make me have negative feels and it's even pushed me into crying a few times, especially since one of these punishments happened in the week with my birthday I've had last year).

If you wish to talk to me about this and you, for example, want the reason I was given or the site name, I'd rather do it in private rather than in this thread for reasons.

Please do help me if you can. I've been very upset and I just can't take my mind off it even if I try (I watched some videos for example, and while I did get some laughs it didn't last long and I reverted back to being glum :c).

I can't give you very specific/technical advice because lack of details and I'm unsure anyway, but I totally get you on not being able to take punishments <3

I have very, very low self-esteem trauma :c and I always feel like when you're punishing me, you're reducing me to a child needing to be disciplined and ironically that causes me to react like a child. So what I usually do is just take my mind off it until I'm distanced enough from the shock to respond properly -- one thing I like to do is write, or dance, or some other artistic endeavour. It absorbs my attention, for the time being, and at the end of the writing I get a self-esteem boost like "woah I created this awesome piece of writing/whatever". So it helps me a lot. Sorry, I'm one of those lame people who actually think writing is therapeutic.

Or yeah. Just do something that makes you feel good like homework. I'm sure the support centre is just inundated with requests and whatever. Give them some time to get to your message and sort it out c:

Thank you for the support smile.gif

However, things are now back to normal though (kinda); I could still access the Skype chatroom for the site, and it turned out a number of users was affected and that it happened because the server needed to be relived of its stress (especially since we've had a recent DDoS attack and the staff needs to pull the culprits out of the "wreckage of suspicious people", including me). There were staff members in the chat too and they explained the situation and everything, so it turns out that I have nothing to worry about and that I and the other innocent people will be declared innocent (publicly, if I understand right) so no one will harass them (and if they do so anyway, there's the report button).

In other words, I feel so much better now thanks to your support and what I've recently found out, and I've wanted to let you know. smile.gif Glad to know it's going to be sorted out (hopefully ASAP).

smile.gif I'm happy to know that it's not very serious and nothing went wrong, Eggy0. It's just like how I was ban since they were 'testing' the banning settings and my device got affected, just like how I told you in the PM. (Apparently it was just my phone logged into the school's WiFi. When I log in at home using same phone, or use other devices, I can access the site fine. It means that I wasn't banned as in my account)

I've been needing to get this off of my chest for over a week. It's been killing me to the point where I can't sleep!

Firstly some info on myself. I live on my own with my fiancé. We've been on our own for almost the years now. I left my parents place at eighteen and lived on the street for about two years before I was able to get an apartment. Without their help and through so much blood, swea , and tears. My parents never ever approved of anything I ever did. No encouragement whatsoever. However, when it comes down to my younger sister she gets a free ride to whatever degree she wanted! All expenses paid with no questions asked! I wanted to be an artist! My sister a musician! Ugh! Anyway, I am not officially employed (more like under the table work) but have been going to college to get a degree that my parents do not support at all. I have my own business where I sell my artwork which they do not approve either.

My mom comes and picks me up every week for church. Last week my younger sister comes and tells me that she told my mother's fiancé that I had my own business. She showed him my etsy page and he laughed. Laughed. At my work. At my job. At me. At my life and my passion.

Who does that?! I mean I work hard on each of my pieces...

I don't know why I even bother to try my hardest to gain their approval. I don't know why I care! Maybe it's just because I am conditioned to. Conditioned to think that approval of people equals a better life? Especially if it's approval from my parents.

I guess that's it. Thanks for reading.

To dear Darkwolf001: sad.gif So sad to read that. You don't have to seek approval from others. Some people will appreciate you while others don't no matter how hard you try. There are different kinds of people and it is difficult to please a lot of them at the same time and impossible to do at the same time. People would be entitled to their own opinion and will still speak up against you no matter how good you are. Some of these people who can't close their mouth to say bad words are probably envious of you. Next, you just have to then accept it because life is like that. You just have to aim to be happy. smile.gif Do what you want in life- things that make you feel accomplished. I believe your art is wonderful and makes you feel a sense of pride and accomplishment. Keep it up. At the meantime, be your own judge and see if it is really bad or really good. Then you can make improvements.

Best wishes, my friend! *offers a virtual and imaginary bouquet of sunflowers* From a random person from a random country, George.

Darkwolf001: As a rule, you can only gain the approval of some people, and never all. And, to be honest with you, I do not think your parents, out of all those in the world, are those the approval of whom you should seek foremost. It leaves the impression that they made little effort to try and understand you, to support you in pursuit of what you yourself want. All sides should give something - and by the sound of it, they do not appear to be trying to gain your approval in return.

There are other people in the world who know to value you more - your fiancé, your clients, friends and acquaintances... You focus on them instead.

@Darkwolf: Who cares about anyone else's approval. Do what makes YOU happy and brings you peace. Life's a whole lot less complicated that way. Surround yourself with people that give off positive energy and support your efforts.

Someone laughed at your work? That speaks volumes about that person's character, not your work. And why would you care about or waste energy on gaining the approval of people like that? Does having the approval of idiots make you a better person somehow?

You have a lot to be proud of. A lot. Cut yourself some slack.

Conditioned to think that approval of people equals a better life?

No. When you approve of YOURSELF when you wake up every day and look in the mirror, that alone equals a better life. Easy. Simple. Truth.

Edited by MedievalMystic

I've been needing to get this off of my chest for over a week. It's been killing me to the point where I can't sleep!

Firstly some info on myself. I live on my own with my fiancé. We've been on our own for almost the years now. I left my parents place at eighteen and lived on the street for about two years before I was able to get an apartment. Without their help and through so much blood, swea , and tears. My parents never ever approved of anything I ever did. No encouragement whatsoever. However, when it comes down to my younger sister she gets a free ride to whatever degree she wanted! All expenses paid with no questions asked! I wanted to be an artist! My sister a musician! Ugh! Anyway, I am not officially employed (more like under the table work) but have been going to college to get a degree that my parents do not support at all. I have my own business where I sell my artwork which they do not approve either.

My mom comes and picks me up every week for church. Last week my younger sister comes and tells me that she told my mother's fiancé that I had my own business. She showed him my etsy page and he laughed. Laughed. At my work. At my job. At me. At my life and my passion.

Who does that?! I mean I work hard on each of my pieces...

I don't know why I even bother to try my hardest to gain their approval. I don't know why I care! Maybe it's just because I am conditioned to. Conditioned to think that approval of people equals a better life? Especially if it's approval from my parents.

I guess that's it. Thanks for reading.

You do not owe anything to anyone. If there are people in your life that art hurting you or that are unhealthy to be around, you are quite free to cut ties with them, spend less time with them, only talk on the phone with them - whatever you feel comfortable and okay doing. It doesn't sound like any of those people respect you or really care for you. You have managed soooooo much on your own. You have so much to be proud of. So much to be confident in. If all your mom/sis/mom's fiance want to do is bring you down, you are not obligated to give them anything including your time. (You're always quite welcome to call them out. If you don't want to just cut ties, you can always warn them: "I won't take this disrespect. I've accomplished a lot and I'm proud of it. You want to harass/make fun of me like this and I'll just leave." Then follow through. Cut your time short with them any time they act up. Soon they'll either buck up and realize what they're doing or they'll be mostly out of your life anyway and I bet you'll feel safer/better for it.)

It is true that society likes to push family on people like they are the end all be all but some family's take this as leave that they can treat you however they want and that is just wrong. We are not obligated to take any abuse, family or not.

Darkwolf001 - not for nothing did they invent that saying "We are given our families but thank god we can choose our friends."

Ignore them You are better than that. My family was a little like that - parents anyway - and my mother is still trying to play her daughters off against each other. Her loss; once she is settled in the home she's now in, and we've sold her house - she probably won't see any of us for dust. Some families deserve that. Yours is clearly one of them.

Mind you - an awful lot of men laugh at plushies. That's because they are stupid that way. I just went to your art page here and yours are great. Know that and stuff your family !

To everyone,

Thank you so much for your advice. I feel like I was finally able to move on from the rut that I was in. I was even able to go back to making my new mask. smile.gif Yes each of you are right. I shouldn't be seeking approval or try to prove something to them. What I do is what I do to make myself feel better. As a human I do have a choice to cut ties. I thought that maybe after two years of not seeing them that they would see the error of their ways. That they drove me practically out of the house with their...I don't even know what to call it....abuse? But yeah. I am glad I am out of that house, in my own, with a loving supporting fiancé, and friends who care. Both physically and through the internet. smile.gif

*Gives everyone a big hug*

I just wanted to talk and get my feeling off my chest. I have no friends, naps I am a freshman in high school. I am also a girl... I have been getting depressed lately. And I feel like my life is worthless. My family hates me, and even though I love school, I have no one to talk to

, and my family never talks to me. My brother and my mom talk all the time, and if I try to talk to my mom, or ask her to do my hair, she either ignores me or makes an excuse. I am overall a very happy person, (only God knows why.... ) even though these things are true. Don't think I don't try, I try to talk to people and make friends, but they just..... I don't know.. I don't really feel like they are real friends. So pretty much, my life sucks. I have been poor pretty much my whole life, and moved so many times... I never see my dad, and though I used to, I do t any mod, and I haven't seen him for about 4 years now. My mom keeps going through boyfriends, and has never been married. I just wish I was never born, and I would never commit suicide, trust me, but, I just find life so meaningless. What kind of life is one with no friends or (pretty much..) family? I know I may sound like, oh poor me, but yeah... I just feel like I needed to talk to someone. YEAH, literally just tried talking to my mom... GUESS WHAT?! She ignored me. To top it all off, I just got a haircut that makes me look hideous!

Before:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/s/?view=at...=attd&safe=1&zw

After:

sad.gif

(I worded that really badly, but it at least somewhat explains his I feel... )

I just wanted to talk and get my feeling off my chest. I have no friends, naps I am a freshman in high school. I am also a girl... I have been getting depressed lately. And I feel like my life is worthless. My family hates me, and even though I love school, I have no one to talk to

, and my family never talks to me. My brother and my mom talk all the time, and if I try to talk to my mom, or ask her to do my hair, she either ignores me or makes an excuse. I am overall a very happy person, (only God knows why.... ) even though these things are true. Don't think I don't try, I try to talk to people and make friends, but they just..... I don't know.. I don't really feel like they are real friends. So pretty much, my life sucks. I have been poor pretty much my whole life, and moved so many times... I never see my dad, and though I used to, I do t any mod, and I haven't seen him for about 4 years now. My mom keeps going through boyfriends, and has never been married. I just wish I was never born, and I would never commit suicide, trust me, but, I just find life so meaningless. What kind of life is one with no friends or (pretty much..) family? I know I may sound like, oh poor me, but yeah... I just feel like I needed to talk to someone. YEAH, literally just tried talking to my mom... GUESS WHAT?! She ignored me. To top it all off, I just got a haircut that makes me look hideous!

Before:

After:

sad.gif

(I worded that really badly, but it at least somewhat explains his I feel... )

EnchantingMiracle, you are not alone. While we might not be the close bff friends that you feel are missing from your life at the moment, we are here and we care that you are feeling down and lonely right now.

I know how hard it is when you just don't seem to "click" with one of your parents, or your brother or sister seems to get along better with them than you do. Try not to take it to heart. If you can, try and accept that the relationship they have with each other is one that you won't be part of. That doesn't mean that you can't be close with them, just that your relationship with each of them will be different to the one between the two of them. Do you still talk to your dad on the phone or via email? Perhaps you can arrange to meet up with him during your next break from school?

Building friendships takes time and trust. I'm sure you already know that. Stick it out with your friends a while longer and if they still don't feel like real friends, move on and find some that do. Yes, that is much much easier said than done (I know!), but friends-who-don't-feel-like-friends won't help you be happy and you being happy matters!

**hugs**

Be well and know we care.

~rendragyn

:3 thanks, rendragyn

That makes me feel a lot better, and I am glad you said that. I just wish that things were different, I mean, my I am the only girl in my family other than my mom, and we never even DO anything together. I really bugs me, and of course I needed up being a girl who loves video games, with only brothers smile.gif Anyway, thanks again, you made me feel so much better. At least I. Know someone cares.... biggrin.gif

*bear hugs*

No, but for the dad thing, it just bugs me that my mom had me and my older brother with him, and he was an alcoholic, did drugs, etc. for all I know he still does... I never talk to him, and my mom hates his side of the family, but guess what? I have my dad's last name, not my moms. And my brother (who is actually my half brother ) has her last name. So that also makes me feel like I'm not part of the family. I just don't understand why my. Mom hates me.....

Anyway, yeah, I am happier than I was before. cool.gif I am also attempting to rock my new haircut...

Edited by EnchantingMiracle

:3 thanks, rendragyn

That makes me feel a lot better, and I am glad you said that. I just wish that things were different, I mean, my I am the only girl in my family other than my mom, and we never even DO anything together. I really bugs me, and of course I needed up being a girl who loves video games, with only brothers smile.gif Anyway, thanks again, you made me feel so much better. At least I. Know someone cares.... biggrin.gif

*bear hugs*

No, but for the dad thing, it just bugs me that my mom had me and my older brother with him, and he was an alcoholic, did drugs, etc. for all I know he still does... I never talk to him, and my mom hates his side of the family, but guess what? I have my dad's last name, not my moms. And my brother (who is actually my half brother ) has her last name. So that also makes me feel like I'm not part of the family. I just don't understand why my. Mom hates me.....

Anyway, yeah, I am happier than I was before. cool.gif I am also attempting to rock my new haircut...

I'm so sorry. I often feel like my sister is closer to my mom than I am and I know how that feels. Try talking with your brother. Does he like video games? You should ask him if he wants to play with you. *gives you a giant hug*

Trigger Warning: death, depression

I can finally tell someone now.

My father died when I was 7 years old. It was hard to grasp the fact that my dad was gone when I was so young. My mother had to bring up me and my sister as a single mother. My grandparents on my dad's side live overseas and my grandparents on my mum's side live in the city. My grandmother (mum's side) received a minor stroke that made her stay in hospital. She recovered but is still a bit shaky.

When news of my dad's death reached my elderly grandmother here in Australia, she got depression. My mum said that she never really approved of my dad, and never fully liked the idea of him in the family. So having him pass away was very hard for her.

She got a bad case of depression, all she could do was lay on her bed. It was hard for her, but she eventually pulled through. However ever since that she still is shaky and anything minor bad thing could push her back into the state of depression.

Then my mum had a stroke. It was around a month or two back. She had the worst stroke out of the possible two you could get. We tried to keep it a secret as my mum was in hospital. We never went to our grandparent's house anymore, previously we visited them once a week or less. Eventually, we had to tell them. My grandmother heard the news and she was strong enough to visit her with my grandpa. The next day she was worse.

She got depression again, she doesn't take the medications the doctors gave her and everyday she is in pain. My grandpa is strong but we all know he is hurting too. He stays strong for my grandma but is hurting inside.

Now my mother is in rehab, and she is getting better. But my grandma isn't. To top it all off, there are two major fights going on, all involving me.

First I stood up for my friend when a girl was annoying her and hitting her. This led to me getting mad, storming off then another girl acting like she owned the bullying girl tried to help. The girl is an attention seeker, and converted the fight to between her and the other girl. Then this led to her telling about my dad. That was my private life. You can't go around telling it! Now the girl is telling everyone about my dad. Thankfully none of them believe her.

Now then to the second fight. Another girl is trying to steal my best friend by lying to her and saying that I called her a (rude word here) and said that I was sick of my friend. I resolved it, but that has really affected my friendship with her.

And to finish, one of my closest friends are using me and my group. She told everyone about my dad and she never hangs around with us. She is the first to leave when things get boring and she only joins us to look "popular". I confronted her to why she said things about my dad and she denied the fact.

I can't handle all of this! My family and personal issues are hard enough, but I can't afford such dramas at school! All of these dramas happened when my mum got the stroke.

Tiga, I am so sorry. Sometimes life can be hard, and you can't let bad things get to you. Drama happens all the time at school, and you should just stay out if the drama. (trust me, that's what I do and it works.) I don't have any drama in school, and if you have the right friends it is better without the drama and stress. I hope you feel better after reading this, though I don't know how much I helped.....

So, my university has managed to truly screw me over. My next 3 month placement is once again in the middle of nowhere, and it will cost me around £3,000 to go on said placement. I'm in £22,000 of debt and barely scrap by on a monthly basis on the loans I'm already receiving, and now they expect me to pay that much up front? And what, of course, is the uni's response to me saying I can't afford it? 'Well then, you'll have to quit the course.'

I really don't know if I can pull it off this time. I really, really am screwed. It just feels like everything is against me on this course - the lecturers sustaining the utterly juvenile complaints anomynous students submit, without me ever having a chance to defend myself. The hospital sustaining these fourth-hand complaints and outright ignoring any defense I give them. Timetables that are as much as as the paper they're not printed on since they keep cancelling and rearranging at the last minute so I can't work to sustain myself. The ridiculously-stringent rules that no actual qualified nurse follows because of how Big-Brother, over-the-top the rulings are. It really does feel like a higher power just doesn't want me to be a nurse. Either that, or wants me to prove I'll make a damn amazing nurse.

My good friend helped me with my Cadets last night, and I told him what I was up against. He acknowledge I was up a creek without a boat never mind the paddle, but said that if 'anyone can pull it off, you can.' And my Mum, if I get a chance to talk to her, will say the same thing, that I 'always come out of the crap smelling like roses.' And yes, for better or worse, I normally do. I have a habit of surmounting the impossible, so much so that it becomes expected of me to succeed in the face of adversity. I've pulled off things that I really, really shouldn't have, and I managed to get through the crap and almost always end up actually coming off better than I should. But this....this is really pushing it. I already feel overwhelmed and I haven't even started.

From November to February I have to do this ultra-expensive placement, hand in the dissertation worth 20% of my degree (which I haven't even started yet, since the Uni won't release any details about it until this week), run my new Cadet division as one of only two adults there, somehow still keep my job, and keep a relationship alive with my Lover who is currently bunking my flat several days a week to go to college in my town. I have no money, no car, no fallback plan or hell even a Plan A. I'm supposed to be coming off my antidepressants in November and suddenly that plan will be out the window, because if anything can knock me back down it's this. And I have less than eight weeks to get a plan in action that will allow me to do all that.

I just.... *shrug*

P.S Acute elderly medicine, and theatres. Even the placement itself is going to be crap.

Edited by Kestra15

I have no clue how to 'support' you with your issues, Kestra. All I can do is put myself in your situation and tell you how I'd handle it...

Mods, if that isn't allowed, you know what to do.

If you're in that much debt, you do need a plan and I'd start with this link. If I were you I'd call every creditor and talk with them and explain the situation, that you're in too deep and struggling too much and that you'd like to work out a deal with them for reduced payments. Most of them are more than willing to work with people. I'd at least give it a shot. Reduced payments would at least give you a little breathing room and ease that stress.

https://www.gov.uk/options-for-paying-off-y...-debts/overview

As for the rest, well, I could say plenty, but best not.

G'luck!

~Removed

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Tiga, it sounds like you need better friends. If they were truly good friends, they wouldn't be phased by someone whispering in their ear about you. They also wouldn't be using you only for their benefit, when it suits them.

I know it sounds cliche,but life does get better after you get past the high school bull hockey, for the most part. You'll still have to deal with difficult people, but hopefully the experiences in school will help you eventually figure out what you need to do to ensure you stay sane and happy.

I'm having to deal with a similar problem right now with someone at work - and at 30 years old! A girl (I say girl because she's acting like one, despite her being in her late 20s) who I thought would be an awesome friend has a habit of deflecting the blame off of herself by tattling on the person who gives her any little bit of criticism or corrects her in any way, which as a manager, I occasionally have to do. But due to my depression and anxiety rearing its ugly head with a vengeance lately, I know that I simply can't deal with her in my current mindset. It also helps that our boss knows me far better than she, and can see exactly what's going on.

But because of my past experiences growing up, I've learned that if someone isn't good for you, or causes you more grief than happiness, that it's best to simply cut them out of your life. It might sound harsh, and it seems terrible and difficult at the time, but in the end, you are responsible for your own happiness - number one comes first, especially if you want to stay in a good frame of mind. I've found, at least for me, that in the long run it was more than worth it.

On to the second portion - may I ask what's terrible about others knowing that your father passed away when you were young? I lost my father early as well, to a motorcycle accident at the age of 14, but it was never something I was ashamed of, so I'm curious to know if there were special circumstances that are causing you to be ashamed of his death.

In any case, it sounds as though your classmates are trying to use that information to have power over you - but they can't if you don't allow it. They know it bothers you, so the best course of action is to shrug it off, and don't let it get to you. If they see that you aren't bothered by it anymore, it ceases to be a tool at their disposable to cause you more misery.

Hopefully this makes sense, and I was helpful in some way *hugs*

EDIT: Apparently bull+crap registers as a swear word. Who knew?

Edited by Omega Entity

~Removed

My 96yr old great-grandmother passed away a fortnight ago, so forgive me if I don't want to go onto a ward that will remind me that I never got a chance to visit her before she died, despite promising to myself when my grandfather died that I would actually take the chance to see her now and again.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

My 96yr old great-grandmother passed away a fortnight ago, so forgive me if I don't want to go onto a ward that will remind me that I never got a chance to visit her before she died, despite promising to myself when my grandfather died that I would actually take the chance to see her now and again.

((((Kestra))))

UK education funding SUCKS.

Then don't. That's what MM is saying (though it was more about empathy). If being in that place will either make you not care or make you depressed, try looking into a different job.