Obscure_Trash

Emotional Support

Very strange day, Starscream. If it was me I'd go, and fully enjoy the movie, thinking of the kindness of a dying stranger in arranging for you to see it. As for the job thing, I'd keep putting in apps and see what happens. You never know.

I hope you find something soon. I know how awful being jobless is when there are bills to pay.

Thank you for the support guys <3 I really appreciate it and it made me feel better. smile.gif Thanks! uwu

Anytime! ♥ Things really do get better, good luck! //hugs//

Starting high school tomorrow. A little nervous. >_<

//hugs// I'm starting high school this year too, I understand how you feel! However, remember that everyone else is just as nervous and that the teachers and helpers are there to help you out--everyone understands how it can be and it's okay to find your friends and ask questions when needed. biggrin.gif Good luck! //hugs// ♥

I just had a very strange experiance, which is not a bad thing per say but brought me to tears all the same. It tugged a multi-tude of emotional strings and I am unsure how to wrap my brain around it.

I was out to a job interview, I had gone to the mall to drop off a few more.

So I was exiting the mall, and a woman stops me to ask me, where a shop is. She said it was down by sears and where was sears. I said it's just turn left once you go back in. Oh its near chapters? that'll be on the right hand side after you turn."

She then noticed my Decepticon Earrings. "Is that transformers?" she asks

"Yes" I reply, "I also have a wrist watch to match."

"That is so cool, I like transformers. Have you seen the movie?"

"I-uh-haven't had a chance to..." I replied somewhat hesitantly

"Why not?"

"I'm broke." -(not part of the conversation this following bit) Basically I would love to go, but currently I cannot afford to - its one of the things I was determined to cut out due to my current financial mess. If I had money I'd have gone weeks ago, but currently its not in my game plan. Well not until just now :/

She brightens up, grabs her purse "Oh! I can help you with that!"

I respond with a "no, please don't"

"I insist! I'm sick you see, I won't be here much longer."

All manner of emotions run through me. I feel so so terribly sad for her. I don't know what I should be doing at this point. Sticking around waiting for a terminally ill woman to hand me a ticket or apologise. She kept insisting I remain where I was. She was most adamant.

She hands me 12 dollars and said, "see the movie."

I responded "You don't have to do this.... really I can't accept"

She would not take the money back from me I gave her my website card and name. She also took my resume to hand out in a different city, but the logistics for working in the next city over is short of impossible in my current situation - she said she has connections.

SO I have 12 dollars in my wallet that a dying woman has asked me to use to see a movie. And gave her a resume for a city that would be difficult for me to get to.

I feel touched by the random act of kindness. It brings me to tears because I wish I could be helpful in return. It does not sit right with me, having been given it. I am grateful for her heart and I know the world is gonna lose a wonderful person soon and this also does not sit well with me.

I went to the garden patch I am growing veg at and phoned my husband to tell him. I also said I am compelled to follow her wish as one should in these cases. After that I sat down and cried. I am unsure what sort of emotions I am feeling or what I should be feeling.

Strangest day today.

That's a very touching story, Starscream. ♥ That woman sounds very nice!

Go enjoy the movie--it was her wish and I'm sure it makes her very happy to know that a Transformers fan can go enjoy something they've been wanting to see! ^^ There are just amazing people in this world, I'm glad you met her. ♥

Good luck with the whole job thing! I hope you get something soon. ♥ //hugs//

I'll see it, I just need to scrounge together a bit more so paul can go with me. I will honour her request. I just had so many strange emotions going through me as a result of it. Most intensely sadness. It should be me somehow getting her something great - not the other way around. That and - such a nice person... breaks my heart in such ways that she'll be leaving us in the near future. The world needs more good people.

I won't forget her. She will remain alive in my heart. And I start to cry again.

I'll see it, I just need to scrounge together a bit more so paul can go with me. I will honour her request. I just had so many strange emotions going through me as a result of it. Most intensely sadness. It should be me somehow getting her something great - not the other way around. That and - such a nice person... breaks my heart in such ways that she'll be leaving us in the near future. The world needs more good people.

I won't forget her. She will remain alive in my heart. And I start to cry again.

*hugs* That is a beautiful, heart-warming, heart-wrenching story, Starscream. It's always sad when the world loses another wonderful person. I'm so glad you two met, though, and I am sure it made her happy to make you happy, through seeing the movie, and even with the job application (even if working in that area may not be possible). smile.gif

*hugs* Enjoy the movie, and know that by remembering her you are giving her something great - a legacy. <3

WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS STUFF ABOUT MENTAL ILLNESSES AND DISABILITIES! Highlight to see.

My mom's been making fun of my mental illnesses and disabilities all my life, I'm dead serious. I couldn't learn how to spell until I was 11 (I taught myself how to spell after playing on a Minecraft server, do you know how hard it is to make friends without talking or having any experience with other humans?), because I had trouble remembering things, because my mom would always hit my head and my spine. And yesterday my mom got mad at me because I didn't bring my hearing-aids WHICH I DON'T HAVE and said that she "wants to knock the 'disabilities' out of my head with a hammer", which triggered memories of my mom whacking my head with a wooden plank when I was 4.

…I also never got out of my prison house, which is why I'm so shy. and lack social skills and say 'Sorry if this offend anyone' a lot. I never had any human friends except my sister and 2 brothers. So my only 'real' friends were the A.I Animals in Animal Crossing on Gamecube.

and plush toys and other objects.

Edited by Drinking_Water

You need to talk with an adult counselour, teacher, pastor or doctor about your mom's treatment of you. Can you get a sibling to come with you and coroborate your story? No one should have to put up with what you have. Schools and churches are good places to start if a medical office is out of the question. I don't know how old you are, but counseling is definitely in order.

Good luck and hugs to hold you tight and safe.

Your writing skills are very good so you have learned brilliantly well. You sound like you have some seriously scary issues at home. Your mother scares me.

I knew someone who was abused by his parents and he had cerebral palsy. His dad would beat him while his mother would hold him. I remember her describing how she broke a wooden spoon over the boy I was dating's aft. Not good. He went to childrens aid for help but they refused.

I am thinking that this day and age, you may have some technology on your side that could aid you in getting help. If you have some sort of device like a cell phone, and don't ask me how to do it because I am a tech fail, But you could possibly record the next hostile exchanges from your mother and take it to the "adult counselour, teacher, pastor or doctor" as stated above. Even if you don't go to a church, you can go to one for aid or sanctuary. I doubt they would refuse you if you are needing help.

I will give you a hug and kudos for trying.

So a week has passed since I got this weird illness in my stomach (still not sure what it is), and it seems to have gotten better. I can now lie down comfortably to sleep, although only if I haven't eaten for 5+ hours, so that my stomach is -completely- empty.

I still get the bouts of nausea after I eat, though none of it comes back up anymore, which i'm thankful for. So far i've lost 4 kilos from the lack of eating, and the only food i'm able to stomach is scrambled eggs on a slice of toast. I'm tired of being sick and unable to eat properly.

I've searched all over the internet and there's nothing about what I have, and all I want to know is what it is and how to treat it. I've suddenly become very car sick with this illness and I can't leave the house without getting a wave of nausea. This doesn't help the fact that i'm looking for a job, and have got very little money to spare for medicine.

To be able to keep my chin up and keep going throughout my days is getting very difficult with all of these problems...

My mom's been making fun of my mental illnesses and disabilities all my life, I'm dead serious. I couldn't learn how to spell until I was 11 (I taught myself how to spell after playing on a Minecraft server, do you know how hard it is to make friends without talking or having any experience with other humans?), because I had trouble remembering things, because my mom would always hit my head and my spine. And yesterday my mom got mad at me because I didn't bring my hearing-aids WHICH I DON'T HAVE and said that she "wants to knock the 'disabilities' out of my head with a hammer", which triggered memories of my mom whacking my head with a wooden plank when I was 4.

…I also never got out of my prison house, which is why I'm so shy. and lack social skills and say 'Sorry if this offend anyone' a lot. I never had any human friends except my sister and 2 brothers. So my only 'real' friends were the A.I Animals in Animal Crossing on Gamecube.

and plush toys and other objects.

I'm not sure of what your mother's full behavior and personality is like, but generally if I don't know, I try to assume that they're good, or at least they're not really bad people, they just don't know how to handle a certain situations and may act in a negative way.

I know if it were me, I would be very uncomfortable around a person with disabilities unless I had training or help in dealing with certain cases, which it sounds like your mom does not have. I would suggest finding a counselor or someone you can talk to who can also help your mother understand your needs and be able to handle the situation better. She definitely should not be engaging in abuse, for sure, but then again I seriously think that the biggest issue is she does not know what to do so she ends up frustrated and lashing out (I do it too, but not in the same manner. I don't hit people/animals/things, I just get very angry and frustrated with myself and the situation when I'm not sure how to deal with something from time to time).

@Tazzay: Oh dear, so nothing has helped much too far? :c Not baking soda (which you still need to be careful of because of the salt, but still helps neutralize stomach acid), pepto bismol, or actual medicine used to treat those kinds of symptoms? Considering your symptoms, I do agree with one or more of the other previous posts that mentioned acid reflux disease. One of the symptoms is nausea after eating and when lying down. I mean, maybe it's not, but you can always check these links to read more on it: boop, beep, bip, bloop

A couple other things I've been reading here and there also say it could just be a nasty stomach virus. I always thought they were fairly short-lived, like 24-72 hours at most, but apparently lasting up to two weeks is normal. Apparently, just last year there was a nasty stomach bug going around that had similar symptoms.

It also might be something very serious. There are some serious illnesses and such that can trigger the same symptoms, but it's probably more likely to be something less serious. Let's not jump to conclusions.

This page also has some other causes of nausea after eating, and this forum thread has people sharing experiences with similar problems. Some had a stomach bug, some had serious issues like cancer and gall stone problems, and others had acid reflux from what I saw.

Serious or not, though, I think you really need to see a doctor. It sounds like money is tight, but it sounds like the smartest thing to do if nothing else was happening. If you have to, you might want to cut back on some things like internet, cell phone, cable/satellite, etc for a while if you really need the money. If it's not shelter, food, water, electricity, car, other mandatory bills (trash, etc), or basic clothes (when they're actually needed), then you probably don't need it and shouldn't be spending money on it when money is tight.

@Drinking Water: It feels awkward talking to a bottle of drinking water but here goes: There isn't a handbook on parenting that tells all the do's and don't's. What edwardelricfreak said may be true. Some people find it awkward or strange to talk or relate with persons with disability and so lose patience. Maybe try talking it out with your mom as hard as you can. sad.gif Wishing you the best, dear!

[mentions of threatening children with violence]

Drinking Water, there's absolutely NO excuse for what your mom is doing to you or putting you through. There are plenty of support groups she could have looked into, plenty of questions she could have asked the doctors. Nothing warrants physical violence. What she is doing is not your fault. Good parents do not threaten to hit their children with a hammer. Period. They do not mock their children for their disabilities. Period. It is not your job to teach her how to be a supportive or caring parent. You also may not feel safe bringing such things up with her. I believe that's the place of another adult.

If you're still in school, can you approach the guidance counselor or a teacher you like or trust just to talk about things? Being shy makes this really hard, so do you have a friend who would go with you to give you support? Do you have any aunts or uncles or cousins or grandparents you could call and talk to? Even if your mother has never 'seriously' physically injured you, I really think you should talk to some adult so someone is aware of these horrible things she has said to you. If you can't approach anyone in meat space right now, perhaps a hotline could help you?

Okay, so, this is basically just... Well, I just needed to dump this somewhere and not send messages to myself. It might have triggers. No idea.

I stress over every little thing normally. It's annoying, and can lead to my health dropping, and my appetite shrinking. Add the fact my immune system blocks everything but colds, and the fact I'm still waiting for my test results, and the fact that I'm emotional and have a tendency to cry a lot. What you get from that? A lot of stress. Therefore, less appetite. And therefore, low health.

Oh, but now, I'm stressing even more. I bit off more then I can chew by making two Freeform RPs, both of which are popular-ish, and both of which are giant time-consumers. I need a longer vacation. In about two weeks, luckily, I'll be gone again, but now I'm worried- What is something happens?

But I can't let them die. That'd be rude. And I don't want anything to happen to them. So I need to find a way to balance my time out, stop stressing so much, stop being so emotional, and keep my health up. Which is impossible.

It's not much of a problem, but it's the only thing I'm willing to share. Everything else is a secret I'll carry by myself for now.

@seacatsmew: sad.gif It's always sad to know someone having much stress and can't handle it. I suggest you go to someone you trust to let it all out, to speak your problems too. smile.gif Maybe talk to a hypnotherapist too to improve your habits. Wishing you a day full of blessings, of good weather and good disposition.

Small update, I managed to get a partime job (can go full time) I am also waiting on response from another place that is preferable. However, things can start looking up.

Small update, I managed to get a partime job (can go full time) I am also waiting on response from another place that is preferable. However, things can start looking up.

That's absolutely WONDERFUL news! Congratulations! :'D

I really wish I could help all of you....it sickens my soul to see such pain and unhappiness in the world....

Good Luck Starscream! I will be praying for you!

Drinking Water please do find help, I was once abused by one of my mom's boyfriends and I thought he had ruined my purity by doing a hideous thing sexually to me, but we found help. I am pleased to say I am untouched by him.

Recently I have been facing a fear of failure, I just tried to put in a dragon request here and, while normally I can describe something so great that a blind person could see it, I failed to describe it well enough for it to get accepted....I am scared to add anything to it and I am overwhelmed, I don't know what to do for it....and I am also trying to support a boyfriend who lost his job and be there for him.

Recently I have been facing a fear of failure, I just tried to put in a dragon request here and, while normally I can describe something so great that a blind person could see it, I failed to describe it well enough for it to get accepted....I am scared to add anything to it and I am overwhelmed, I don't know what to do for it....and I am also trying to support a boyfriend who lost his job and be there for him.

Don't give up! All it takes is being a little more specific. If you need to, draw up a very rough sketch to go along with your description. It doesn't have to be a great sketch or anything, just something visual for reference. I've seen concepts get by with very little description and rather, uh, awful sketches. :P

I've had a DR, my Forest Stalkers aka Slenderman-inspired dragons get rejected. I waited a bit to resubmit them, then added on to their description and drew up a rough sketch.

This was the original description of the appearance, which Sock said needed more to it because she imagined the limbs in place of the head or something like that:

Appearance: Very slender and sleek, with dark coloration and mottled appearance. Their true color is white, though the scales appear dark most of the time unless they feel threatened or want to intimidate prey. They have four long appendages and normal-sized hind legs with strong hook-like talons. The long limbs move like spider legs when the dragon is on the ground, with the hind feet supporting the body. Even though they do have wings, they are nothing but the wing "fingers".

And this was my resubmitted description, along with a very rough concept sketch:

Appearance: Very slender and sleek, with dark coloration and mottled appearance. Their heads are rather featureless, and with their eyes and mouth closed, it almost seems like they have no face at all. The only thing on their heads are feathery tendril-like ears used for echolocation. Their true color is white, though the scales appear dark most of the time unless they feel threatened or want to intimidate prey. They have four long appendages and normal-sized hind legs with strong hook-like talons. Their front legs are short, like T-rex arms, only meant for support. The long limbs move like spider legs when the dragon is on the ground, with the hind feet supporting the body. Even though they do have wings, they are nothing but the wing "fingers". The long limbs are like wing arms and are partially supported by membrane, but while the fingers are still somewhat long, they aren't like the length of normal wing fingers.

My sketch for reference!

I highly encourage you to try again! You might even ask people in chat or even the mod(s) that rejected the DR for help. Usually the mods put notes in the PMs on what's needed. If they didn't say something specific enough, it never hurts to pm them back and ask about what they think is missing.

Wish I'd noticed this thread earlier; I've been needing it. Tell me if i should shove everything into white text.

tl;dr stress positive feedback loop

So between my severe social anxieties, executive dysfunction, and general faulty brain wiring, I've found it nigh-impossible to get a "normal" job, and getting the word out about being open for commissions is pretty rough (partially because of the anxiety, partially because I'm competing with people who are better than me and/or massively undercutting me with their prices), and the Social Security Office's hours conflict with the hours of anyone who can drive me there (whyyyyyy do they close at 3:00 PM at latest and have a day where they close at noon?! YOU AREN'T OPEN ON THE WEEKENDS THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS). And of course the stress worsens the executive dysfunction symptoms which makes it harder for me to work which makes it harder for me to get noticed which stresses me out more and arrrrgh.

I think I'd be less annoyed with/angered by/stressed at it all if I didn't have pressing expenses breathing down my penniless neck, but it is how it is. Bleh.

I am so nervous for this coming year of school. I'll be a senior in high school, and I really have to get good marks. Last semester I did really poorly and I feel really awful about it, though since so much happened (that some of you know about) I don't really blame myself too much. I ended up failing my second semester of Algebra 2, my worst subject, and consequently my GPA fell to a stressful 3.0 unweighted, 3.3 weighted.

This year I'm taking two AP classes: English and Geography. I really hope they'll help my weighted GPA, even if it's just a little bit. I'm also retaking the second semester of Algebra 2 in place of an elective. I already have more elective credits than is necessary anyway. As a base math class, I'm taking a course that basically reviews all other courses of math prior, so I'm not taking anything above Algebra 2.

I really hope to heal my high school GPA as best as I can. (Also I have to take the SAT at some point this year.) I'm going to work with my guidance counselor to do all I can this year. After high school, I'm going to go to community college for two years, then transfer to a university if all goes well. Then after that, I'd really like to pursue law school, and I'm pretty intent on succeeding in that endeavor.

I might sound pretty confident about my plans but I feel incredibly weak and stressed. I'm going to try my best, but I can't help but be worried it's too late to do enough. There's so many other people with so much more spectacular marks and extracurricular things.

I am so nervous for this coming year of school. I'll be a senior in high school, and I really have to get good marks. Last semester I did really poorly and I feel really awful about it, though since so much happened (that some of you know about) I don't really blame myself too much. I ended up failing my second semester of Algebra 2, my worst subject, and consequently my GPA fell to a stressful 3.0 unweighted, 3.3 weighted.

This year I'm taking two AP classes: English and Geography. I really hope they'll help my weighted GPA, even if it's just a little bit. I'm also retaking the second semester of Algebra 2 in place of an elective. I already have more elective credits than is necessary anyway. As a base math class, I'm taking a course that basically reviews all other courses of math prior, so I'm not taking anything above Algebra 2.

I really hope to heal my high school GPA as best as I can. (Also I have to take the SAT at some point this year.) I'm going to work with my guidance counselor to do all I can this year. After high school, I'm going to go to community college for two years, then transfer to a university if all goes well. Then after that, I'd really like to pursue law school, and I'm pretty intent on succeeding in that endeavor.

I might sound pretty confident about my plans but I feel incredibly weak and stressed. I'm going to try my best, but I can't help but be worried it's too late to do enough. There's so many other people with so much more spectacular marks and extracurricular things.

TDC, you are one of the most put together people I know - in meatspace and over the internet. Your college grades will mean a lot more for studying law than your HS grades. You had a horrible set back but you have a plan to recover for it. You are putting yourself in such a good position. I know you can do this. You will do fine. Just take a deep breath and take each step as it comes. <3

Wish I'd noticed this thread earlier; I've been needing it. Tell me if i should shove everything into white text.

tl;dr stress positive feedback loop

So between my severe social anxieties, executive dysfunction, and general faulty brain wiring, I've found it nigh-impossible to get a "normal" job, and getting the word out about being open for commissions is pretty rough (partially because of the anxiety, partially because I'm competing with people who are better than me and/or massively undercutting me with their prices), and the Social Security Office's hours conflict with the hours of anyone who can drive me there (whyyyyyy do they close at 3:00 PM at latest and have a day where they close at noon?! YOU AREN'T OPEN ON THE WEEKENDS THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS). And of course the stress worsens the executive dysfunction symptoms which makes it harder for me to work which makes it harder for me to get noticed which stresses me out more and arrrrgh.

I think I'd be less annoyed with/angered by/stressed at it all if I didn't have pressing expenses breathing down my penniless neck, but it is how it is. Bleh.

D: *offers some pizza* You can make it through this. You can do it. Perhaps try reaching out to a few more sites for commissions? And don't be afraid to say you're doing commissions for help. When I'm in need of something and want to do commissions I go to friends who I know need a job/need the money. <3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

D: *offers some pizza* You can make it through this. You can do it. Perhaps try reaching out to a few more sites for commissions? And don't be afraid to say you're doing commissions for help. When I'm in need of something and want to do commissions I go to friends who I know need a job/need the money. <3

Thanks for the support (and delicious 'za :v ). The problem with asking friends is that most of my friends don't have the spare money to toss my way; I've been currently trying to post on more sites, but it's rough when most of the sites (like 10/12 or thereabouts) I'm familiar with are already informed in some manner but aren't places that make it easy to get the word out or don't have much in the way of demand. I think a lot of my problems come from sporadic (visible-to-the-public) production, but I can't really do much about that given that stopping the private stuff means coming to a screeching halt. Again.

But I also got a form to fill out for A Thing today that should help the monetary situation at least a bit, so. It's looking up a bit?

(for the curious, my current priority is "commissions>>>~game devlopment~>designs for Zazzle>>>>>free stuff")

A little update on my stomach sickness, whatever it is...

I've slowly been able to teach my stomach into accepting a small meal rather than having to nibble on toast and eggs during the day, and now having dinner no longer affects my sleep. I still get stomach pains every now and then, though I dug through my medicine box and found some stemetil, a really good anti-nausea/anti-vomiting medicine that works like a dream. Going to the doctor is too expensive here, and at the same time I feel too guilty to ask to be taken there, so i've just left it out to see if my body will heal on its own.

Nevermind....i've become quite sick again..

Edited by Tazzay

So, someone's really incredible random act of kindness is turning into a massive headache. -.-

A few weeks ago, I was singing at church. The music director's brother, who studied music composition and occasionally arranges things for performance in our church, was visiting from California that same week. So, I sang a piece with a violinist, and then I sang his arrangement of "Down by the Riverside" with a band, in which he played the drums. After, he and I were talking, and he asked me where I was studying voice.

I told him that I'm currently singing in choirs, but I'm not studying privately because the teacher I'd like to study costs more than I can really afford. But, she and her husband are the directors of two of the choirs I sing with, so I still get some instruction, thought it's not the ideal situation.

Anyway, it was just conversation. I really didn't think anything of it other than just answering a question.

But, this past week I got an e-mail from the music director that she hoped I would be in church on Sunday because she had a gift for me. It turns out her brother mailed her a beautiful card writing what a pleasure it was to hear me sing and feel how I picked up on "Down by the Riverside" despite a bit of a glitch in the intro. In the card, there was a check for enough to cover five lessons with this teacher.

I was stunned. I mean, this guy lives on the complete opposite side of the country and has only ever met me once.

When I got home, I sent him an e-mail thanking him, but asking him if he was really certain about it and saying that I feel a little guilty because I can't pay him back. He responded telling me that people had helped him out when he was younger, and this was his way of paying it forward.

Meanwhile, I told my parents about it, and they told me in no uncertain terms that it's a bad idea to keep the money and I should return it. My mom said I shouldn't have even taken it home, But, what was I going to do? Throw it back at the music director without a second thought? How rude would that have been? I understand their concern, and it did occur to me that I might just not be able to accept such a tremendous gift from someone I barely know.

But, I'm not sure if there's a way not to accept it without causing some sort of hard feelings and seeming ungrateful. The last thing I want to do is offend someone who made such a kind gesture to me. So I contacted the music director, since it's from her brother, and asked her what to do. She said that she thinks I ought to keep it and if I think it'll help she'd talk to my parents to try to ease their concerns. But, I'm hesitant because I can see the conversation taking a bad turn and causing a fight. My church is really important to me, and there's already some friction between my dad and my church. He even asked me if I was sure I didn't want him to get me confirmed in a different church after I'd already become a member of this one. I really don't want to cause an even bigger rift.

Anyway, I'm just really torn and conflicted. On the one hand, I do understand that it all seems really strange and I can understand why my parents are concerned. It's not like he just sent me ten dollars, or even just offered to pay for a single lesson--and this woman's time doesn't come cheaply! On the other, I'm incredibly touched by the gesture and flattered that he thought highly enough of my singing to want to help me further my studies in the field, and the absolute last thing I want to do is offend him and seem ungrateful. It was an incredibly kind and generous thing for him to do and I really don't want to make him regret it.

I just don't know if there's really any way to handle the situation without someone getting upset. I don't want to fight with my parents over it. But how does one politely return a gift after the giver already confirmed that they're sure they want to give it?

I just wanted to rant.

Honestly I feel like it's YOUR decision. It's YOUR gift and YOU'RE in the choir, not your parents. While I partially understand where your parents are coming from, it was meant for you to have and use. Clearly that guy wants to see you move forward and take lessons to become an even greater singer. c:

If your parents don't agree, why should it matter? They don't have to. You should be free to make this decision if it's something you really want.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I'm still not quite sure why they're so against you keeping it, to be honest. Just because it's generous? I would explain to them that you understand their feelings but it's really important to you and you wish to accept it and that you think it'll help you better yourself.