TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

My hatchling is sick, wow. I haven't had a sick hatchling in a long time. Guess the frequent sickness on them is transferred through the GoN or something. I remember my GoN being a pain xd.png

I don't understand this. My egg has 3 days and 20 hours left and it just doesn't hatch. It's so frustrating! I'm so afraid that it will die. sad.gif

Edited by Windy

I don't understand this. My egg has 3 days and 20 hours left and it just doesn't hatch. It's so frustrating! I'm so afraid that it will die. sad.gif

Looks like it just hatched smile.gif

Feels like we've been waiting on these adults forever, haha! I am excited to see what the adults look like.

Uh, I think someone added my stuff in a hatchery and killed my egg. What the hell? Anyone experiencing dead eggs from overviews?

WHAT????? ohmy.gif Your EGGY got killed??? blink.gif

THAT's SAD..... sad.gif

I watched my BABIES very closely and put on a nice blanky to fog every hatchling before I go to bed..

Some people are just lame... ._.

My Avatar got back to health and hatched immediately. I'm going to fog it before sleep, just in case. <.<

Edited by Light Concorde

Finally two of mine hatched. They're not sick now, but I'm keeping a very close eye on them. Third egg is still sick and not hatching upon unfogging, so it's staying in its cloud of fog for a while longer.

Sorry to hear some people have lost eggs sad.gif Mine both hatched eventually and refogged until I am ready to mature them. I am wondering for those that did not incubate if yours will be fine much like prize dragons?

I think people tend to forget that hatcheries get much, much more traffic after new releases.. which leads to all the sick babies that are happening.

Mine's hatched fine and safely <3 I had to swarm it in multiple hatcheries at 4d 2h though since it had at the time like 15-17 UVs. :3

Sorry to hear about dead eggs though :/

I think people tend to forget that hatcheries get much, much more traffic after new releases.. which leads to all the sick babies that are happening.

I don't think it is just that. These eggs appear to need a lot more views to mature, that means that because people often wait until they hit ER status to put them in, they suddenly get a boatload of views and they can't handle that sudden influx.

It's probably part of it, but I'm pretty sure they're also as fickle as the GoNs. I've done the exact same as for all other releases, and entered them in only one hatchery after a minimum of 24 hours. In the past the new eggs didn't get sick nearly as easily; it's been ages since I had a sick new release egg.

If it´s okay, i would like to say that maybe what is needed in those situations is letting dragons recieve a certain amount of views each day starting from the day you get them and not overfeed them in the last 4 hours.

Edited by chr. draco

Finally hatched at 3 days 18 hours with the following stats - 3112/770/3

Now safely fogged again for the next couple of days

If it´s okay, i would like to say that maybe what is needed in those situations is letting dragons recieve a certain amount of views each day starting from the day you get them and not overfeed them in the last 4 hours.

I agree. Overwhelmingly Special Snowflake is a healthy hatchling at the moment, but was sick a lot before hatching and I'm pretty sure it's because I did not stagger its views as an egg. I left it unfogged for the first few hours or so when it was first bred, but then fogged it as it seemed to be getting a lot of clicks and views (by my standards--ten or so in the first 20 minutes and it had not been added anywhere). I then left it fogged and only started adding it to hatcheries once it was below 4d10h and started really adding on the views once it gained its first stage crack. Still, it did not hatch at the 3d23h mark and stayed sick even with a huge hole hours later. I am pretty sure I'll be staggering any future babies I breed/get.

On another note, it'd be interesting to know the success rate for producing an avatar for each known pairing.

I put my egg into hatcheries after incubating and it only got sick when I added it into ERs a day later. I just let it hatch and then fogged the baby, and now it's healthy and fine. Not too worrisome at all but you do have to watch it to make sure it doesn't get overwhelmed. I'll still fog it when I go to work, but that's just to be on the safe side and I'm not concerned about it.

Just one day until we see the adults. Though I still wish we could know now why exactly Sweetlings are apparently a no-go for breeding.

I basically treated/hatched mine like I do shimmers/tinsels - I didn't incubate and ER until it was at 4 days 18 hours. It hatched an hour or so later at 3 days 17 hours with the following stats:

4323 views/ 623 unique views/ 18 clicks without getting sick.

Edited by rubyshoes

Did all the Guardians of Nature gender Female? Mine did.

Also, has anyone tried breeding them with a Tinsel yet?

Edited by chariset

Did all the Legendaries gender Female? Mine did.

I influenced mine so that I'd have one male and one female and that's what I (luckily) got.

Did all the Guardians of Nature gender Female? Mine did.

Also, has anyone tried breeding them with a Tinsel yet?

Not everyone's. I've seen quite a handful of males and females.

Yes someone has bred them with tinsels and got a tinsel instead. Someone bred GoNs with a shimmer and got the blue egg if I'm not mistaken :3

Someone bred a GoN to a silver tinsel and got a tinsel a couple of pages back, and I think I've seen the same with a Bronze.

It might be good to mention that Yarold's is very handy for difficult to hatch eggs as it gives a specific number of unique views. I find it great for "dosing" eggs with 50-100 uniques. That usually solves problem hatchers for me.

Someone bred a GoN to a silver tinsel and got a tinsel a couple of pages back, and I think I've seen the same with a Bronze.

Just saw that.

And it was a male GoN with a female Tinsel, so there's both of my questions answered right there.

Phew! All of my eggs have hatched and none of my hatchlings are sick. I'm so relieved! laugh.gif