TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

Actually, Aniusia is wanting them to breed true because of the way her dragons form families.

Exactly.

It'd be cool to see a GoN x GoN pair have a chance to breed true, even if it was a small chance. That would be better than the endless Summoning frustrations...

It'd be cool to see a GoN x GoN pair have a chance to breed true, even if it was a small chance. That would be better than the endless Summoning frustrations...

I'm not even asking for it to be a way to reduce the summon frustration, they could be even as difficult to breed as to summon... but so it IS possible to make a true blood-connected family of GoNs somewhen, after numerous attempts, but possibly.

Who cares what the limits are? We have no right to dictate what TJ does or does not do with HIS game. We don't own him nor the site. It is his to do with as he chooses.

We are getting to play this game for free. So everybody just grow up. Quit whining and move on.

I'm not even asking for it to be a way to reduce the summon frustration, they could be even as difficult to breed as to summon... but so it IS possible to make a true blood-connected family of GoNs somewhen, after numerous attempts, but possibly.

It would reduce the frustration, though--you could try to breed AND summon.

But it'd be nice to be able to breed, for whatever reason you have. And if they were from GoN x GoN ONLY, that wouldn't interfere with the ability to breed the Avatars.

Who cares what the limits are? We have no right to dictate what TJ does or does not do with HIS game. We don't own him nor the site.  It is his to do with as he chooses.

We are getting to play this game for free.  So everybody just grow up. Quit whining and move on.

...You do realize that without the users there'd be no game, right?

True, we don't get to dictate what he does--but if TJ wanted to run a dictator-style game where he never listens to user input, then we wouldn't have a suggestions/request section.

Aside from that the art for the game literally comes from the users. This is a game that could never survive if the users felt ignored in everything.

Who cares what the limits are? We have no right to dictate what TJ does or does not do with HIS game. We don't own him nor the site. It is his to do with as he chooses.

We are getting to play this game for free. So everybody just grow up. Quit whining and move on.

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion.

Who cares what the limits are? We have no right to dictate what TJ does or does not do with HIS game. We don't own him nor the site.  It is his to do with as he chooses.

We are getting to play this game for free.  So everybody just grow up. Quit whining and move on.

I do, for example.

It's just suggesting to improve the game and sharing feedback & thoughts abotut it. Problem? Do you want to forbid people to dream or to try to help to improve the game?

BTW notice that a game needs players and money to pay for its servers so it can exist and work further(see donation option for DC). Any game creator wants their game to be good unless they dont' care about their own creation. BTW this site has eve a suggestion forum, so it allows suggestions:/

Edited by Aniusia483

Everyone has a right to voice their opinion.

yes right to state an opinion i'm not arguing with. it's people who are getting so butt-hurt about one thing that annoy me. threataning to leave the site? bit extreme.

Happy Birthday DC!! And... thanks to TJ for all your years of patience and persistence to keep this wonderful game going for us...

As to the ongoing debates - I am happy for the "gifts" we are enjoying on behalf of DC's birthday - the debates can probably wait until tomorrow... maybe just one day of being glad for what we have, and the expansion of the game?! Just my thoughts...

Happy Birthday, DC! And thank you, TJ and spriters!

I have one GoN - my summon today was a fail, but my breeding with a Gold was successful. Can't wait to see what the new dragons look like. I look forward to trying to acquire them!

yes right to state an opinion i'm not arguing with. it's people who are getting so butt-hurt about one thing that annoy me. threataning to leave the site? bit extreme.

I'm pretty sure that lots have left the game for less. If it's frustrating for you, then there comes a point where there is no point in playing it. Life's too short to allow yourself to become frustrated by something that you used to do for fun.

I can understand getting annoyed with people's complaints, but if they aren't allowed to express their dissatisfaction and have some hope that their complaints will be heard and resolved, they will stop playing. When that happens to enough folks the game will cease to exist.

yes right to state an opinion i'm not arguing with.  it's people who are getting so butt-hurt about one thing that annoy me. threataning to leave the site? bit extreme.

I'm just sharing the only options I have(and I do it just as a side note, the main point is too strict limits and no breeding within the same breed). I'd rather go for the hope part. Becuase I believe TJ actually wants to improve his game and make it playable&enjoyable. Allowing such a basic goal to be possiblee would be an improvement.

Of course it all depends on him, but how can he do anything without feedback? I honsetly prefer to hear what can be improved in my creations and have sth to think about than being unaware and stuck... and having my creation less enjoyable just becuase of that noone gives me any suggestions or feedback, especially negative.

Edited by Aniusia483

I bred my ONE guardian with my ONE cb gold and of course they REFUSE each other ..... just my luck! then I tried to summon...... and of course nothing.......

Edited by Zerhai

Thanks TJ and Happy Birthday DC~!

Managed to breed one of the eggs but my other GoN wouldn't cooperate. Next time, then...

table Updated. smile.gif

user posted image

I'm not certain that Sunstone belongs to 'primordial', or 'volatile'... or both.

and still, you can see the original sized table here.

Except it's really not.

If a game ceases to be able to provide you with fun, then why the hell would you keep playing if if it's going to provide more frustration than fun?

Generally people leave games when they get to that point. If you think it's "extreme" to quit a game that has become more frustrating than entertaining for you, then I really have no clue what you'd consider a good reason to quit a game.

Oh my goodness

I want the one that says

"This iridescent egg radiates mysterious energy."

Soooo bad ;n; it looks like it's gonna be so amazing!

I still need a Thunder Dragon...

But Happy Burfdai DC

Edited by Hatsune Scratch

OOOH! PRetty new egs. I can't wait to get mine.

Unfortunately MY GoN gave me nada this week. Oh, well. At least I can keep trying. wink.gif Good luck to all.

You were pretty butthurt about Lassard. Just saying.

Generally people leave games when they get to that point.  If you think it's "extreme" to quit a game that has become more frustrating than entertaining for you, then I really have no clue what you'd consider a good reason to quit a game.

This.

Internet isn't such srs bsns.

I have, in fact, left DC on several occasions for months at a time - mostly because of how random the quality of new release sprites often is and because of some drama that shows that DC is one of the most reluctant sites when it comes to positive change that I've been on - yet I keep coming back because something ooh shiny comes out once in a while, too.

But yeah, if something that you can't change anything about annoys you, it's not in any way "extreme" to leave a website because the service doesn't satisfy you, people will just move on to something. That's how several moderately well-known sites have been closed recently. This is how a certain board on THIS SAME FORUM almost died out a while ago because of a completely silly and vague rule change. I used to be very active on that forum. Now I'm not and will never regain that level of activity because of how sour a taste what happened then left in my mouth. It's not an abusive partner or relative that you can't get away from.

Edited by lightbird

Happy Birthday, Dragon Cave!

...I have no GoNs and I think I'm missing what I need to summon them... So, it looks like I'll be watching from the sidelines.

Except it's really not.

If a game ceases to be able to provide you with fun, then why the hell would you keep playing if if it's going to provide more frustration than fun?

Generally people leave games when they get to that point.  If you think it's "extreme" to quit a game that has become more frustrating than entertaining for you, then I really have no clue what you'd consider a good reason to quit a game.

You manage to express what I fail to and even more, thank you.

Yes, games have their reason: to entertain. That's basically what they're made for. And games also need to have some point in them, by DC it has always been about collecting, and 5-member families are one of the basic goals players could have in such a game(even simply to collect all sprites, and so collecting 5 per breed so the scroll looks more complete than reducing this just to dipomorphic breeds).

And also notice that my goal still would make me play this game for years: there are new breeds released all the time. But if it weren't for GoS, my goal would still make sense to aim for, becuase it would have a potential to be reached. Skipping a breed makes the goal incomplete.

[i still had to skip dinos&chickens(non-dragons), cheese(never alive and also ungendered), to crossbreed holidays(but within the same holiday period, I still hope the'll be not one-gendered in the future and that I'll replace them with full families), 'borrow' the offspring from my other couples(vampires, NDs and zombies) so the parents of all frozens are strictly monogamous. By GoNs I can't make the family... in any way. And because they are breedable, they should be biological parents of their frozen children. Even without the monogamy and parenthoods, it's impossible to reach an all breeds collective goal... becuase fo GoNs]

Edited by Aniusia483