TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

I'm sooooo excited! Now hopefully my summoning of years will finally yield a GoN egg.

I was wondering... can we breed Guardian of Nature x Guardian of Nature? Which hybrid will make?

Edited by Naruhina_94

PS I hope GoNs can breed with other GoNs and breed GoN eggs with them? unsure.gif And that the Avatars can do the same with their own breed and breed eggs of their own breed?

Let me quote the text from the release banner: wink.gif

You can now breed Guardians of Nature with other dragons. That’s right, they’re breedable. But don’t get the wrong idea here, you aren’t going to get more of these legendary dragons from breeding. Instead, the offspring have a chance to be one of three new breeds: The Avatars of Creation, Destruction, and Change.

I was wondering... can we breed Guardian of Nature x Guardian of Nature? Which hybrid will make?

They don't seem to breed together. Those who have tried have gotten refusals.

For those who were asking, Tinsel x GoN gave me a tinsel.

Do with that what you will |D

These new eggs are gorgeous! I bred a primordial and a mysterious.

For those who were asking, Tinsel x GoN gave me a tinsel.

Do with that what you will |D

x'D

Ok, that's just simultaneously funny (because it's usually the favourable outcome) and unfortunate for the list of breeding combos.

Edited by DarkEternity

Let me quote the text from the release banner: wink.gif

I'm not asking if itIS possible to get more than 3 GoNs but ASKING TJ to make it possible.

Aslo the bolded part doesn't answer the question if 2 GoNs can produce a GoN egg, but that one can't have more than 3 GoNs yet... Unless this sentence is too complicated for such a non-native as me to understand^^;

I'm not asking if itIS possible to get more than 3 GoNs but ASKING TJ to make it possible.

Aslo the bolded part doesn't answer the question if 2 GoNs can produce a GoN egg, but that one can't have more than 3 GoNs yet... Unless this sentence is too complicated for such a non-native as me to understand^^;

I summoned successfully in 2012 and never again and I've been summoning since 2010 and it's 2014 now so mayyyybbeee raising the cap might not exactly be productive (since there's such a low chance of summoning anyway)

Edited by DarkEternity

I summoned successfully in 2012 and never again and I've been summoning since 2010 so mayyyybbeee raising the cap might not exactly be productive (since there's a low chance of summoning anyway)

I fail to see how raising the cap is a bad thing, though. At least it would allow for people to have the chance of eventually possibly maybe meeting their personal scroll goals.

Especially if this supposed bump in success rate results in a visible increase in Summon successes.

I fail to see how raising the cap is a bad thing, though. At least it would allow for people to have the chance of eventually possibly maybe meeting their personal scroll goals.

Especially if this supposed bump in success rate results in a visible increase in Summon successes.

That's why the limit kills me... It makes my goal impossible...

I fail to see how raising the cap is a bad thing, though.  At least it would allow for people to have the chance of eventually possibly maybe meeting their personal scroll goals.

Yeah I suppose? (I'd actually prefer that the cap be unlimited altogether it would likely make me feel rather sorrowful due to failing so many times in a row. Still, I think it'd be cool. Though probably depressing if you had bad luck. But still cool.)

Edited by DarkEternity

GoNs can't breed more GoNs, only these new eggs or eggs of the other parent's type. GoN x GoN breeding results in refusal.

Then there's me, the oddball out. I'm fine the cap being raised or having it completely removed, but I have absolutely zero interesting in summoning a third because I'm completely burnt out from all the years of fails.

That's why the limit kills me... It makes my goal impossible...

Yeah, same. It's why I've given up on Summoning right now. I don't know if I want frozens or adults.

Happy Birthday DC!!

typical my luck my one dragon did not give me an egg, and my summon was a fail... mad.gif

Edited by SquishyBug

GoNs can't breed more GoNs, only these new eggs or eggs of the other parent's type. GoN x GoN breeding results in refusal.

(If you don't mean 'more' than the limit allows)

It's 100% fact that having two GoNs and breeding them can't make a GoN egg ever?

The worst thing that could be done:/ How am I suppoesed to play now....:/ My only goal is literally impossible:/ And I won't have another one, all I can do is hope for it to change soon or give up playing hence I can't really aim for my goal...

(If you don't mean 'more' than the limit allows)

It's 100% fact that having two GoNs and breeding them can't make a GoN egg ever?

The worst thing that could be done:/ How am I suppoesed to play now....:/ My only goal is literally impossible:/ And I won't have another one, all I can do is hope for it to change soon or give up playing hence I can't really aim for my goal...

Yep.

And try not to stress over it. I have very specific collecting goals too but sometimes you just have to accept how things are. One thing you could do is pretend they're an all male or all female breed and getting an adult, S2, and S1 to make a set. Or just cross your fingers and hope--it was just this year that Christmas and Valentine breed limits were removed, perhaps someday GoN limits will be too ^^

Woohoo!

Happy Birthday DC! And Thank you TJ!

I already have 2 GoNs. Unsuccessful summon today, however, had 1 successful breeding! Yay!

In case you guys are wondering:

Successful breeding - GoN x Gold.

it says in the very first post....

"You can now breed Guardians of Nature with other dragons. That’s right, they’re breedable. But don’t get the wrong idea here, you aren’t going to get more of these legendary dragons from breeding. Instead, the offspring have a chance to be one of three new breeds: The Avatars of Creation, Destruction, and Change."

you can't breed more GoN....but can breed NEW dragons. it also says this:

"Oh, and the limit on Guardians of Nature will be going up to three, and the success rate has been bumped. Enjoy!"

so if i read this right, you can summon up to 3 GoN as of today, and each one can have a chance to breed the new dragon breeds.

I too would like the cap to be for adults AND unfrozen hatchlings only (since unfrozen hatchlings can grow up into adults still). Hearing there was a cap of three makes me happy because I can now have an adult, an S2 and an S1, but at the same time that leaves me with one breedable GoN.

I know it's a personal choice I'm making but it's still kind of irritating all the same. It makes more sense that the cap would be for ones that have the ability to breed.

EDIT: People. No one's asking for the GoNs to breed more GoNs. They just want the max summoning limit to be altered so it's only for breedable dragons and doesn't include frozen hatchlings.

Edited by Xili_Rem

Yep.

And try not to stress over it. I have very specific collecting goals too but sometimes you just have to accept how things are. One thing you could do is pretend they're an all male or all female breed and getting an adult, S2, and S1 to make a set. Or just cross your fingers and hope--it was just this year that Christmas and Valentine breed limits were removed, perhaps someday GoN limits will be too ^^

Even if I pretended, there is no other breed like this to make a pair (unlike the one-gender holidays)... I won't duplicate. In addition to, pretending is not a sollution... In addition to the frozen hatchlings must be bred from monogamous parents... Otherwise how can I surname them 'Draffectionborn'(born out of Draffection: so from true love so which is strictly monogamous)? It's the pattern of naming all my dragons... Latin base +gender suffix 483 + Draffectionborn for hatchlings... Even if I somehow ignored this for unborns, the 'family' is not complete.

I will hope for this to change. Or stop playing if this will be 100% sure that TJ will never let GoNs breed other GoNs with GoNs.

I too would like the cap to be for adults AND unfrozen hatchlings only (since unfrozen hatchlings can grow up into adults still). Hearing there was a cap of three makes me happy because I can now have an adult, an S2 and an S1, but at the same time that leaves me with one breedable GoN.

I know it's a personal choice I'm making but it's still kind of irritating all the same. It makes more sense that the cap would be for ones that have the ability to breed.

EDIT: People. No one's asking for the GoNs to breed more GoNs. They just want the max summoning limit to be altered so it's only for breedable dragons and doesn't include frozen hatchlings.

Actually, Aniusia is wanting them to breed true because of the way her dragons form families.

I do. Not over the final limit(for which I hope it will be at least a limit of 5 or counted just for unfrozens, and of which I'm asking too), but I'm asking for 2 GoNs to breed GoN offspring (e.g. so one could have one adult MF GoN couple AND frozen offspring of these two being a GoN, just one if the limit of 3 in total would stay unchanged - hopefully jsut for now).

Edited by Aniusia483