TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

Thank you TJ and spriters for this nice surprise. I was able to summon my second GoN today (it took me more than three years to get my first one) and breed one of the new dragons.

Wheeeee!!! I love this!!!

It took me ages to summon my GoNs, I'm really happy I can do something with them!

Not successful in summoning the third but I've got a blue egg (x Blusang) and a mysterious egg (x Golden Wyvern). Soooo happy about this, thanks TJ!!!

I suppose everyone can guess which one you get from a water dragon biggrin.gif

Yay! I like this! I obviously chose GoN x stripe and got..... a stripe! Got a new blue egg from GoN and Gold though! Happuy DC birthday y'all! xd.png

And am I the only one who doesn't recognise even one of all those Japanese (or whatever) names/references flying around, just because dragons get elements now ? It still amazes me how much this whole Manga/Anime/Trading Card thing took hold all around the world. (And before I'm put to death by Katana or Pokemon-Lightning, no, I don't mean to say that that is necessarily a bad thing, or that all Mangas and Animes operate on the level of trading card games. It's just the fascination of a person that sees a huge cultural phenomenon creating enthusiasm in so many people albeit it has absolutely no appeal to herself. wink.gif )

You're not the only one, I feel exactly the same xd.png And there're still pretty dragons!

Except participating god-only-knows when down the line when you're both lucky enough to have summoned a GoN, gotten it to adulthood, and then bred one of the new eggs is hardly the same thing as actually getting to be part of the birthday festivities as they happen.

The fact is not every dragon is going to be easy to get. Some are very hard, just take a look at the stack of dead eggshells at the bottom of my scroll to see how hard NDs are. If there was no challenge to the game it would be very boring. We're probably going to have to agree to disagree about this, but I'm really glad that my two years of work to get my first GoN now finally has a real payoff. I don't have an unfair advantage, nor does any other GoN owner. We all started in the same place, and the only difference is that we got our GoNs before some other players. I don't know how to spell it out any better than that.

One thing, I notice, is that you are completely ignoring my second point, which is it's really hard for me to take complaints seriously when every single release thread has people complaining about something. Even if the dragon had been common and easy to get there would be people in here complaining about how X was unfair and wrong etc etc. So yeah, I can't really take complaints seriously.

That's the last I'm going to say about this, I'm just going to enjoy my dragons and continue summoning my trios and have fun. That's what this game is about, after all. smile.gif

Thank you TJ!

I'm really looking forward to the Encyclopedia smile.gif

And more Guardian of Nature dragons to boot! wub.gif

My summon failed, but I was able to breed one of the Hybrids, thank you! biggrin.gif

I summoned a GON today,my third one,on the DC Birthday.It's amazing.

Just curious, has anyone tried breeding a GON with a pillow?

I tried breeding mine with a Pillow, and ended up with a Pillow ^^; *headdesk* Well, at least they bred as egg ^^; *waits until next week to try again*

Edited by FluffyPillow

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC

How different, how exciting. Thanks so much TJ and your wonderful team. I love the fact I've got something to aim for smile.gif

..."eventually everybody starts off with the same chances" doesn't even make sense.

Either everybody starts off on even ground, or "eventually" they'll have an even chance.

The point in "whining" (read: making valid complaints about an event we find to be a poor choice) is to make it known that we're not happy with it, which helps reduce the odds that yet another event just like it will happen in the future thus pissing people off again.

Actually, it does. I was referring to the fact that when we first registered on DC, we all had literally nothing. I started this game three years ago and I was convinced I'd never get most of the breeds. And guess what, I collected myself quite a neat scroll since then.

Everyone starts off on even ground, yes. Not now, of course. Those without even enough Trios to summon an GoN have no chance to participate right off. But this thing is going to last and in the end, everyone can get what they want.

(Please excuse me for bad English, I'm not native and my choice of words might be poor at times.)

Edited by Gluria

Yeah it's funny that people always complain in every release thread and then other people complain about people complaining and then other people complain about the people who are complaining about the people who are complaining and now I bet there's some sort of complain vortex sucking us all into a black hole of complaints lol

Yes, you get the point!

But there's a clear line between expressing your opinion and joking/judging on others. And some people across it. That's all.

Edited by SunSunSun

This is awesome! I wish I hadn't frozen one of mine >.>

Plus got a refusal, oh well.

Happy Birthday DC! biggrin.gif

This is awesome! I wish I hadn't frozen one of mine >.>

Plus got a refusal, oh well.

Happy Birthday DC! biggrin.gif

Well, you can get another one now, so you still can get two ^^.

Happy birthday, DC.

Now, if only I could actually SUMMON something.

The fact is not every dragon is going to be easy to get. Some are very hard, just take a look at the stack of dead eggshells at the bottom of my scroll to see how hard NDs are. If there was no challenge to the game it would be very boring. We're probably going to have to agree to disagree about this, but I'm really glad that my two years of work to get my first GoN now finally has a real payoff. I don't have an unfair advantage, nor does any other GoN owner. We all started in the same place, and the only difference is that we got our GoNs before some other players. I don't know how to spell it out any better than that.

One thing, I notice, is that you are completely ignoring my second point, which is it's really hard for me to take complaints seriously when every single release thread has people complaining about something. Even if the dragon had been common and easy to get there would be people in here complaining about how X was unfair and wrong etc etc. So yeah, I can't really take complaints seriously.

That's the last I'm going to say about this, I'm just going to enjoy my dragons and continue summoning my trios and have fun. That's what this game is about, after all. smile.gif

There's a difference between "this is a challenge to get" and "until now this has been largely an exercise in frustration for many people".

There's also a difference between "having some hope of getting it on or near the release day" and "really mostly up to the fates if they like you enough for you to have a shot at getting it".

Additionally, it's not really your job to take complaints seriously or not--that's for TJ. We're not complaining so YOU can take us seriously, we want TJ to know how we feel so he can take that into consideration when deciding if this kind of event is worth doing again or not. I really couldn't care less if you can't take it seriously when there are complaints.

But there will ALWAYS be complaints, because it is literally impossible to satisfy everybody. But by being allowed to complain it allows TJ to decide if the level of dissatisfaction is great enough to factor into future decisions, or if it's minor enough to be largely ignored.

I'm not mad that people can finally use their GoN's--I'm unhappy that this is the birthday celebration. There could have been some kind of interactive event in addition to the release to at least allow everybody a chance to participate on the day of the event.

Guys, I suggest only breeding your GoN with rares that will either only produce the other's egg or have a low chance of producing their own.

From what I've been seeing, breeding a GoN with a "normal" dragon only gets you the normal most often.

Actually, it does. I was referring to the fact that when we first registered on DC, we all had literally nothing. I started this game three years ago and I was convinced I'd never get most of the breeds. And guess what, I collected myself quite a neat scroll since then.

Everyone starts off on even ground, yes. Not now, of course. Those without even enough Trios to summon an GoN have no chance to participate right off. But this thing is going to last and in the end, everyone can get what they want.

(Please excuse me for bad English, I'm not native and my choice of words might be poor at times.)

The problem is, though, in a "normal" release event, everybody starts off in as close to the same place as can be (since the game literally cannot account for people not being able to get online, reflexes, or Internet speed).

With this event (and events that are purely hybrids, too, that's a pain) not everybody starts in the same place.

There are people locked out of participating in the birthday celebrations because they don't have the right dragons--sometimes even after they've been trying since the GoN was released.

A special birthday event should be something we can all celebrate and participate in rather than have it be participation is only to the lucky few who have the GoNs and who were able to get a new egg out of them.

So no need to whine and bother other players laugh.gif

I'm not bothering anyone that I'm aware of. I merely posted my opinion in a thread that everyone else is posting in. How is that 'bothering'?

By the way, you posted your opinion. Quit bothering me. LOL.

Edited by Jennie

Guys, I suggest only breeding your GoN with rares that will either only produce the other's egg or have a low chance of producing their own.

From what I've been seeing, breeding a GoN with a "normal" dragon only gets you the normal most often.

This is good advice, no one minds a sliver or gold xd.png

I really like the 'mysterious eggs, they're so pretty wub.gif

Hmm, I'm biased about this...

I love the new eggs, love the idea of GoNs being able to breed now and 3 new Special Hybrids.

But...

I would have preferred a catching day first, and getting this announcemend on a 2nd or 3rd day, when scrolls are full and people waiting for new dragons to hatch.

And there's sooo many people who don't have any GoN yet, as they can't summon yet or never succeeded to get one. So for them, this makes not having one even more frustrating...

Edited by lilysally

Well the event isn't about starting off with nothing. Actually, it kinda has that resemblance. For someone that doesn't have a GoN or froze it, they literally start with no way of "getting into the event right away" and breeding these avatars. However, someone with even 1 GoN adult has access to possibly breed. That's the difference that's trying to be expressed here. Not everyone has been playing for 1 decade, 1 year, 1 month, 1 week, 1 day, etc. I wouldn't doubt someone is making an account as we speak. I don't think they've got a fair shot at this opposed to someone that does have a GoN. Of course it is subjective, different views, but I stick firm and I see many do the same.

I wouldn't say everyone's going to get what they want in the end because what defines "the end"? Because someone could quit without ever having these avatars during, after, or even before this came out :3 A lot can happen in 1 decade, 1 year, 1 month, 1 week, 1 day, 1 hour, 1 minute, 1 second, etc.

It's like the saying that sort of goes, "It's better to eat with someone than to eat alone".

You have good English, by the way. smile.gif

Oh Wow ! Ive just gone in the trading threads to see if they're up for trade, the things they ask, i ran out quickly.