TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

Never mind fixed its self...

Has anyone tried Nocturnes yet? I would love to know the result if you have.

Edited by tishavara

Exactly how I feel here as well.

Honestly it is fair and equitable. Everyone has the same chance of obtaining what they need, and its just pure bad luck if you haven't succeeded yet. That isn't anyone's fault, and it certainly isn't TJ's. No need to play "pity me" just because you can't participate right away. At least now you are forewarned and know to not freeze your GoN's. I do feel for those who froze theirs, thinking them to be endlessly useless. I believe that is part of the reason the GoN limit was upped, to allow others who made the choice earlier to increase their breeding pool and even upped the success rate. This I think is generous. He could have not upped the GoN limit and just not cared if people only had one, or even no GoN adults.

I also think that these Avatars are meant to be a rare work-hard-to-get dragon, not something you can just nab from the cave, and I like that. No shame in working hard for that amazing sprite, it makes it more worth the time. Also, in case you haven't noticed, you don't need a speedy computer or cat reflexes to nab these dragons from the cave, just a set of Trios and some PATIENCE, which a lot of people seem to lack lately.

We were completely uninformed, and this is not the first time that a change has been made that nobody expected. That is part of playing a game, experiencing the unexpected, it keeps the game interesting and fresh, and yes, things will not always turn out perfectly for you, but that doesn't mean that this game sucks. In fact, be GLAD you get so much and you don't have to pay for it... yeah.

Also, just keep an eye out for those kind souls who like to gift eggs, you might find something there. People are always generous on DC.

I have a feeling that DC is gonna see some changes that are gonna add some dynamics to the game play, cater to the collecting aspect of the game as well as put some fresh ideas and take into the game to bring in more users and keep the old ones here. I think The Avatars and the elemental affinity is the start of it. Lets wait and see what TJ has in store for us. smile.gif

Imo, this is a bit different from the regular rant on new releases. This is pretty exclusive when you think about it. There have been people summoning constantly for years with no luck. Also the newbies that joined like a month ago most likely don't have a trio set. Older players will "generally" have an edge on this event compared to newer players which is something I do not like.

Don't get me wrong here, I love the new eggs, but at the same time I'm sad because I cannot at the moment, participate since I froze my only GoN. I didn't really rant, imo, but more so hated myself for freezing it. xd.png At the time I was told there was no use for them, and I LOVED the hatchling stage versus the adult stage. I wanted my scroll to be a bit different so I thought freezing a hatchling was definitely different from the norm. smile.gif

Just my two cents.

Happy Birthday Dragcave! <3

And this is just sooooooooooo cool!

*runningtobreed*

Happy birthday DC!!!

Unfortunately,I haven't succeeded in getting a guardian of nature yet. sad.gif

Edited by john30

eh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's just that i see some sort of complaining each release and it gets pretty annoying (of course here's me complaining about the complaining XP).

at least the community is helping each other out and trying to drop trio eggs for those who don't have them.

Oh, I got one egg!!

GoN x Frostbite = This iridescent egg radiates mysterious energy [the pinkish one]

Is there a list somewhere of what breeds what?

ADP, I PM'd a mod asking if I could make a thread on possible combinations but got shot down as this exists and it would just be considered a duplicate. I will PM you my google doc of all combos I've seen work though ~

at least the community is helping each other out and trying to drop trio eggs for those who don't have them.

Which is nice... Until you realize that they're not gonna be able to reach people to participate tonight anyway since they'll have to filter through the AP which could take a day or two.

If anybody needs Trios, PM me and I'll see what I can breed. No promises on nice lineages, mind you.

Never mind fixed its self...

Has anyone tried Nocturnes yet? I would love to know the result if you have.

Nocturnes = mysterious egg

Edit: I have a list of all pairings from this thread, am I allowed to add it? It's already public but having it in one place would be nice, I think.

Edited by DragonLady86

^ The game is exactly the same for everyone; everyone has the same chance to get these, there's nothing unfair or exclusive about this event.

The game. is the same. for everyone.

Seriously I don't understand some of the whining that goes on here. TJ does something cool for us and... people complain.

I don't think people are whining.

Some are simply a bit disappointed.

Yes, this is a game.

Yes, it is extremely fair.

However, I'm slightly disappointed in the fact that I am unable to participate in a *birthday* event because I'm a new user without a GoN. If t were any other regular releases, I wouldn't mind. The point of birthdays is to celebrate and I get that. But to me, it feels lonely for being unable to participate.

I get that some are saying that this will last forever. However, it won't be during the celebration of DC's 8th birthday. There is no point in celebrating a birthday already passed.

Don't get me wrong, I love these new eggs, and am grateful. It just makes me feel a little lonely because this is my first DC birthday.

Which is nice...  Until you realize that they're not gonna be able to reach people to participate tonight anyway since they'll have to filter through the AP which could take a day or two.

If anybody needs Trios, PM me and I'll see what I can breed.  No promises on nice lineages, mind you.

Not all of them are going to AP, there's lots of free trios in Departures so if anyone needs link here it is: Departures thread

@Utushi: It's mine as well. We can be lonely together c:

Edited by Saynna

They'll probably take about two days, yeah. Their timer has to be low enough to reach the AP.

3 days....when an egg is abandoned, and extra day is added.

If the AP says 5 days, the egg will need to say 4 days - then when it hits the AP and gets picked up, it'll change to 5 days.

and seriously, after last year, it does seem a bit tame - hunt-wise.

I have 2 GoN's, and couldn't summon a third. Got one refusal and one new avatar egg.

And now what? I wait, like everyone else. So yeah, it's a bit deflating even for those with GoN's to breed, because it's over in just a few minutes.

But in the long run it'll be great. And it's nice to see how many people are helping others. And, as for not being able to participate because eggs are going to take a couple of days to get to the AP - well, it's not like you could breed them tonight, anyway smile.gif

Edited by daba555

Thanks for clearing that up, rubyshoes! In that case I'll just post what I've compiled so far here. Please feel free to let me know if you have an egg from a breed I don't have listed.

[status: Awake and updating!]

user posted image

Primordial eggs produced by:

Blusang, Canopy, Copper, Deep Sea, Flamingo, Gold, Green, Guardian, Harvest, Lumina, Nebula, Purple, Red-finned Tidal, Shallow Water, Shimmerscale, Silver, Soulpeace, Stone, Sunrise, Sunset, Sunsong, Tsunami, Water, Waterhorse, Water Walker, White, Holly, Ribbon Dancer, Wrapping-wing, Yulebuck

user posted image

Mysterious eggs produced by:

Balloon, Blacktip, Daydream, Frostbite, Gray, Gold Wyvern, Ice, Magi, Moonstone, Nhiostrife, Nocturne, Ridgewing, Seasonal, Skywing, Specklethroat, Swallowtail, Terrae, Trihorn, Solstice, Radiant Angel, Shadow Walker, Rosebud, Arsani, Snow Angel, Winter Magi, Val '09

user posted image

Volatile eggs produced by:

Black, Bleeding Moon, Brimstone, Brute, Dark Green, Ember, Electric, Falconiform, Fever Wyvern, Hellfire, Hellhorse, Magma, Red, Spitfire, Sunstone, Thunder, Grave, Marrow, Cavern Lurker, Serragamma Wyvern

Also looking for info on which color Stripes are produced by GoN x Stripe pairings that result in a Striped egg!

Edited by Baphomet

Not all of them are going to AP, there's lots of free trios in Departures so if anyone needs link here it is: Departures thread

@Utushi: It's mine as well. We can be lonely together c:

Which is better--but anybody breeding and dropping to hte AP isn't helping anybody participate now, which is why I'd rather breed mine on request than just dump them.

Happy Birthday DC smile.gif !!

Finally we can do more stuff with our GoNs ^^.

Only one of mine bred, with a Magma, while the Thunder one gave me no egg (booo ;_;).

I usually breed Trios for free, mostly Thunders because I have so many of them xd.png, so if anyone needs some, I would gladly help out =3.

Though guys, I would wait with Trio collecting... maybe there is more to come xd.png?

3 days....when an egg is abandoned, and extra day is added.

If the AP says 5 days, the egg will need to say 4 days - then when it hits the AP and gets picked up, it'll change to 5 days.

Yes and no. There's an extra day added unless the egg timer is already at 7 days, in which case it stays at 7 days. Then they will all be on the front page when they show 5 days like like everything else on the front page, not 4.

Thanks for clearing that up, rubyshoes! In that case I'll just post what I've compiled SO FAR here, since the other person keeping track went to bed! Please feel free to let me know if you have an egg from a breed I don't have listed!

user posted image

Primordial eggs produced by:

Blusang

Copper - Red

Gold

Purple

Red-finned Tidal

Silver

Sunsong

Tsunami

Water

Water Walker

Holly

user posted image

Mysterious eggs produced by:

Frostbite

Gold Wyvern

Ice

Magi

Seasonal - Autumn

Swallowtail

Trihorn

Solstice

Radiant Angel

user posted image

Smoldering eggs produced by:

Bleeding Moon

Brute

Hellfire

Magma

Red

Thunder

Grave

Thank you!

I got a Volatile from Marrow.

eh, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it's just that i see some sort of complaining each release and it gets pretty annoying (of course here's me complaining about the complaining XP).

But this is less of a event like say - Holidays or monthly. This is generally supposed to be a - day where we as members of this community get to come together, because a place like DC has existed for 8 years. That's extraordinary and great. But it doesn't give those with less luck - a opportunity. Yet all it's done is tear everyone apart from - those who are YEY GOT ONE. To those that are all :[ dang I have neither a trio set, or a GON so I get to lonely watch as everyone else gets fun.

I get that there needs to be change as it's repetitive for the same thing over and over and over again, at least generally. But this is supposed to be a day that is happy, but it's a over all mixed results because there are plenty people disappointed. Their complaining because, here are people who have tried to get, and can't and all they get to do is -sigh- GOTTA WAIT. And there is no guarantee that next time will render results either, or the time after that or the time after that, because success rate regardless of chances upped aren't 100%. Which I realize maybe that was the point, but it's given a lot of new people, and a lot of people who have only had failure in successful summons, very little positive attitude.

I don't think we as a community are DISAPPOINTED with the new pretty shiny eggs, [which thank you TJ & spriters for pretties :3] we're disappointed that it's not something everyone can enjoy, right now and in some cases they won't be able to enjoy for weeks.

I understand the AP part, but that is why I listed the Departures to raise awareness that AP is not the only source to get your free trios. Not saying you should dump them into the AP either :s

It's not about fair or unfair.

It's about proper time or inopportune.

The idea about GoN is great, but it is NOT fit for birthday event. Because birthday event is a special time which everybody can participate, not only somebody's cheers.