TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC!!

This is awesome

Now just to get my other two Guardians smile.gif Hopefully I will be able to get them soon

Doesn't it make sense that some people are getting into the *birthday* spirit, and wanting to celebrate DC's *birthday* actually *on* its birthday with these special awesome looking new eggs?

Edited by diaveborn

Looking at the breeding list, I think that Thunders should produce the blue one or at least be splitted from Magmas (and thusly Ices) =/.

I don't know, it just would make more sense and is more beautiful, if we get a different Avatar from a different Trio.

Edited by Shichibi

Everyone is invited. Everyone has the chance to get a GoN.

Except participating god-only-knows when down the line when you're both lucky enough to have summoned a GoN, gotten it to adulthood, and then bred one of the new eggs is hardly the same thing as actually getting to be part of the birthday festivities as they happen.

I think also it is an amazing idea! That we can do something with the guardians now! And I'm happy to help with trying to breed trio offspring so others can complete their trio.

Looking at the breeding list, I think that Thunders should produce the blue one or at least be splitted from Magmas (and thusly Ices) =/.

I don't know, it just would make more sense and is more beautiful, if we get a different Avatar from a different Trio.

I agree. It would have been nice to break them up like that.

Or maybe since the Hoenn remakes were recently announced: Groudon for Destruction, Kyogre for Change, and Rayquaza for Creation?

I doubt it. The remakes were only announced very recently; there'd have been almost no time to make a sprite between then and the release, much less three. As much as I will pretend they have pokemon overtones regardless, the fact that these three new elements are being applied to every breed on DC makes me think it's something more fancy... Perhaps we'll be seeing more of these elements in future? biggrin.gif

I really don't see the point in whining about this.

I know I am in a good position to start off with already two grown GoNs, one male, one female, but eventually, everyone starts off with the same chances in getting the new eggs and the third GoN.

DC is a game that's about patience and luck. The one and only unfair part here is that people with slower internet have lesser chances to catch rare eggs. But this isn't TJ's fault or anyone's with faster internet.

Have two GoNs, one refused, one not interested, and my attempt at summoning failed. lol. Oh well, at least I had GoNs to try! Off to breed some Trios for people. smile.gif

Though I don't want to participate in all these debates, I notice that some people are just complaining that "others are complaining".

It's funny.

Everybody has his own feelings about this event. And everybody has the right to say it out.

If someone complains, maybe he has his own reasons. You can choose to listen to or just simply ignore it. Labeling "impatience" or other words to them is really rude. It's funny that their opinions can ruin your holiday.

Show some respect to others!!!!!!

Yeah it's funny that people always complain in every release thread and then other people complain about people complaining and then other people complain about the people who are complaining about the people who are complaining and now I bet there's some sort of complain vortex sucking us all into a black hole of complaints lol

Except participating god-only-knows when down the line when you're both lucky enough to have summoned a GoN, gotten it to adulthood, and then bred one of the new eggs is hardly the same thing as actually getting to be part of the birthday festivities as they happen.

I have to agree.

I expected more than just "exclusive stuff".

Do not get me wrong, I am REALLY happy that we can finally do something with our GoNs (having 2 myself), but I would have been happier, if we got like more hybrids (the normal kind).

Just so *everyone* on DC can enjoy and breed or catch stuff from/on this Birthday =/.

It doesn't have to be like last year (i.e. 8 breeds for 8 days), but it certainly would have been much more fun to maybe make this a hybrid celebration of some sort.

Still hoping that there might be a little extra coming around, who knows ~keeps her fingers crossed~.

I feel slightly guilty - I just summoned my third GON biggrin.gif

I also managed to breed one of the new eggs and gifted it away to combat the aforementioned guilt xd.png

Thanks for the surprise gift QwQ

Or maybe since the Hoenn remakes were recently announced: Groudon for Destruction, Kyogre for Change, and Rayquaza for Creation?

i'ld rather the 3 dogs

Raikou = Creation, Suicune = Change, Entei = Destruction

Yeah it's funny that people always complain in every release thread and then other people complain about people complaining and then other people complain about the people who are complaining about the people who are complaining and now I bet there's some sort of complain vortex sucking us all into a black hole of complaints lol

I just spit out my coffee in a fit of laughter reading your post xd.png.

"The dragons refuse to even go near each other."

=_______="

Aside from that, I really love the idea. Unfortunately, I froze my second GoN, so I only had this one try. ;__; And my Trios didn't feel like summoning a third one - though I'm not sure yet if I'll freeze it as well to have the S1 sprite. Hard decision. :<

And I'm really looking forward to the encyclopedia!

The festivities are TJ gave us several lovely gifts. They're surprises that will spring up when we least expect them to. Should I be angry that I've been trying to summon a second GoN for more than three years with no luck, didn't get one tonight, and my one GoN showed 'no interest'? Because I'm not. I'm excited that we were given a great surprise.

I like this a lot more than trying to catch new eggs every day for a full week and almost killing myself to get it done while away on vacation. (And if I hadn't, I'd never see a CB copper again)

If anything, I'm afraid that there will be more surprises this week and people will get even crankier.

Edited by RagaDal

I hate to chime in with those complaining, especially as I've been able to summon two GoNs (the second just this past week, though I froze it at stage 2 not thinking they would ever be used for anything). My one adult GoN denied me any sort of egg. I hope that more birthday stuff will come in the following days, because this was a slightly disappointing 'event' as compared to last year's (even though it was a little hectic, everyone could participate). I feel really bad for those who have spent years attempting to summon a GoN to no avail. I'm hoping that with the new bump in the success rate, this will help those people.

However, I really feel bad for those who are unable to participate in the birthday celebration along with everyone else lucky enough to have a GoN. I feel a bit cheated myself, even though I had one shot.

All I can really say is good luck everyone, as well as thank you TJ for DC and for the new dragons.

I really don't see the point in whining about this.

I know I am in a good position to start off with already two grown GoNs, one male, one female, but eventually, everyone starts off with the same chances in getting the new eggs and the third GoN.

DC is a game that's about patience and luck. The one and only unfair part here is that people with slower internet have lesser chances to catch rare eggs. But this isn't TJ's fault or anyone's with faster internet.

..."eventually everybody starts off with the same chances" doesn't even make sense.

Either everybody starts off on even ground, or "eventually" they'll have an even chance.

The point in "whining" (read: making valid complaints about an event we find to be a poor choice) is to make it known that we're not happy with it, which helps reduce the odds that yet another event just like it will happen in the future thus pissing people off again.

WOOT! A volatile egg from my own GoN x magma, and a iridescent one gifted from a friend's GoN x ice pairing. wub.gif And best of all, I can finally stop worrying that DC is going to do another seven-days-of-new-releases event, since I still don't have all my coppers from last year... laugh.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DRAGON CAVE!

Oh, and I completely forgot to mention:

Elemental associations, hybrids to show them, and all that coming up to be in a DC-Encyclopedia ! There really are lots of presents today ! laugh.gif

And am I the only one who doesn't recognise even one of all those Japanese (or whatever) names/references flying around, just because dragons get elements now ? It still amazes me how much this whole Manga/Anime/Trading Card thing took hold all around the world. (And before I'm put to death by Katana or Pokemon-Lightning, no, I don't mean to say that that is necessarily a bad thing, or that all Mangas and Animes operate on the level of trading card games. It's just the fascination of a person that sees a huge cultural phenomenon creating enthusiasm in so many people albeit it has absolutely no appeal to herself. wink.gif )

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus