TJ09

2014-05-21 - Guardian of Nature Update

anyone try pure breed GoN???

Several people have, and they've just gotten refusals.

Happy birthday, DC!

And so many thanks to TJ and cave staff, who have made great contribution to this celebrating event and have tried with every effort to make every player excited!!

BTW, is there a limitation of the Avatars we can get? I know GoN is now up to three per scroll, but I'm not sure whether the beautiful Avatar eggs have the same limit or not......

Hope everybody will breed well for new eggs(kind of regretting freezing my first and only GoN now...... dry.gif ), and I'm kind of excited about the elemental affinity the Avatars possess! Can't wait to see this new function!! xd.png

oooh this is fun. I failed at summoning my third GON, but I was able to get one of the new eggs. My other GON refused her mate.

Ooooh and if anyone needs a trio egg, message me! smile.gif

Well, I'm for bed...the excitement is over for tonight...but in a way, it's just beginning, too... A new Guardian to try and summon, my other two G's to breed to try and get the exciting new eggs, and trio's to breed for users that need them... It's all good, even if everything I tried tonight failed. rolleyes.gif

Thanks again, TJ, this really is cool, and thanks again to the artists for their beautiful creations and Happy Birthday, DC and here's to many more! G'night!

Uhhhmmm...have you not read quite a number of the posts that come before yours where folks have stated that they're going to be breeding to abandon for those without GONs or the dragons to Summon said GONs to be able to have a chance of adopting? huh.gif I'm just asking cause reading the posts that have come before any that I might make helps me to have a better idea of the conversation already in progress and thus what to post and the wording/tone to give said post.*nodnod*

I don't think any of those bred eggs will even hit the abandoned page for a couple days since all the eggs say 5 days left not 7 days like all eggs bred today would say.

So will any of the bred trio eggs even make it to the abandoned page today or will it take two days like all the other eggs that are currently on the abandoned page?

They'll probably take about two days, yeah. Their timer has to be low enough to reach the AP.

Exactly how I feel here as well.

Honestly it is fair and equitable. Everyone has the same chance of obtaining what they need, and its just pure bad luck if you haven't succeeded yet. That isn't anyone's fault, and it certainly isn't TJ's. No need to play "pity me" just because you can't participate right away. At least now you are forewarned and know to not freeze your GoN's. I do feel for those who froze theirs, thinking them to be endlessly useless. I believe that is part of the reason the GoN limit was upped, to allow others who made the choice earlier to increase their breeding pool and even upped the success rate. This I think is generous. He could have not upped the GoN limit and just not cared if people only had one, or even no GoN adults.

I also think that these Avatars are meant to be a rare work-hard-to-get dragon, not something you can just nab from the cave, and I like that. No shame in working hard for that amazing sprite, it makes it more worth the time. Also, in case you haven't noticed, you don't need a speedy computer or cat reflexes to nab these dragons from the cave, just a set of Trios and some PATIENCE, which a lot of people seem to lack lately.

We were completely uninformed, and this is not the first time that a change has been made that nobody expected. That is part of playing a game, experiencing the unexpected, it keeps the game interesting and fresh, and yes, things will not always turn out perfectly for you, but that doesn't mean that this game sucks. In fact, be GLAD you get so much and you don't have to pay for it... yeah.

Also, just keep an eye out for those kind souls who like to gift eggs, you might find something there. People are always generous on DC.

I have a feeling that DC is gonna see some changes that are gonna add some dynamics to the game play, cater to the collecting aspect of the game as well as put some fresh ideas and take into the game to bring in more users and keep the old ones here. I think The Avatars and the elemental affinity is the start of it. Lets wait and see what TJ has in store for us. smile.gif

I totally failed on summoning AGAIN and breeding, and I did get pissy because dangit this was supposed to be fun not more frustrating than trying to summon for four years already. I'm getting over myself though, and I hope you're right in that DC is going to bring more events that are less grabbing and more patience.. I feel like a lot of it's luck and 4 years of bad luck or summons and prizes.. etc. makes me a bit grumbly.

That's a USER-ORGANIZED extension to this "event", though.

That's made possible only by users who are feeling generous.

The event itself is unfair in that it excludes a large number of people.

Mmmm...I guess that's true in a sense.I,personally,LOVE being able to put most of any successful breedings between my CB golds and silvers,as well as any from my Shimmers and Tinsels that were gifted to me.Just my way of trying to help other DCers to have a chance of completing their collections.

So, if you breed Guardians of Nature together then I presume that you'll get nothing?

breeding my many trios to AP soon, keep an eye for it

Bred 32 ice dragons,--> 7 ices to AP

Edited by Renmiri

Man, I'm freaking out xd.png

Immediately tried to summon my third, of course got a fail. Now off to breed my other two beauties!

(And for those who froze one of their GoNs: That's why you don't freeze dragons! Seriously, I never got why people do that. Like, really, why?)

So, if you breed Guardians of Nature together then I presume that you'll get nothing?

Several people have tried, and they've just gotten refusals.

(And for those who froze one of their GoNs: That's why you don't freeze dragons! Seriously, I never got why people do that. Like, really, why?)

Sprite collections/completion, dividers on scrolls, name holders, lyrics, hoards, etc. Freezing isn't a part of my main gameplay but I have a few frozen hatchlings anyway.

Edited by Dimar

Exactly how I feel here as well.

Honestly it is fair and equitable. Everyone has the same chance of obtaining what they need, and its just pure bad luck if you haven't succeeded yet. That isn't anyone's fault, and it certainly isn't TJ's. No need to play "pity me" just because you can't participate right away. At least now you are forewarned and know to not freeze your GoN's. I do feel for those who froze theirs, thinking them to be endlessly useless. I believe that is part of the reason the GoN limit was upped, to allow others who made the choice earlier to increase their breeding pool and even upped the success rate. This I think is generous. He could have not upped the GoN limit and just not cared if people only had one, or even no GoN adults.

I also think that these Avatars are meant to be a rare work-hard-to-get dragon, not something you can just nab from the cave, and I like that. No shame in working hard for that amazing sprite, it makes it more worth the time. Also, in case you haven't noticed, you don't need a speedy computer or cat reflexes to nab these dragons from the cave, just a set of Trios and some PATIENCE, which a lot of people seem to lack lately.

We were completely uninformed, and this is not the first time that a change has been made that nobody expected. That is part of playing a game, experiencing the unexpected, it keeps the game interesting and fresh, and yes, things will not always turn out perfectly for you, but that doesn't mean that this game sucks. In fact, be GLAD you get so much and you don't have to pay for it... yeah.

Also, just keep an eye out for those kind souls who like to gift eggs, you might find something there. People are always generous on DC.

I have a feeling that DC is gonna see some changes that are gonna add some dynamics to the game play, cater to the collecting aspect of the game as well as put some fresh ideas and take into the game to bring in more users and keep the old ones here. I think The Avatars and the elemental affinity is the start of it. Lets wait and see what TJ has in store for us. smile.gif

^ The game is exactly the same for everyone; everyone has the same chance to get these, there's nothing unfair or exclusive about this event.

The game. is the same. for everyone.

Seriously I don't understand some of the whining that goes on here. TJ does something cool for us and... people complain.

breeding my many trios to AP soon, keep an eye for it

They probably won't show up on the abandoned page for 2 days.

Happy Birthday DC!

Bred my two first one with a Bleeding Moon got nothing and second one with a Lurker and got the volatile egg lineage. Oh my I actually summoned my third GON. o.o

I don't see why people are so disappointed I believe this is a permanent feature so you have time its not going anywhere.

I'll be joining in breeding my Trios to the AP haven't bred most of them in a while.

So I don't see a GoN breeding topic on the Site Discussion board. Is it fair game to make one cataloguing the new pairings and their outcomes, or is it discouraged right now since we don't know what the new babies are yet?

I don't think any of those bred eggs will even hit the abandoned page for a couple days since all the eggs say 5 days left not 7 days like all eggs bred today would say.

My Avatar egg says "Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 7 days

This smoldering egg radiates volatile energy." so....*quizzical quirking of the brow*

Man, I'm freaking out xd.png

Immediately tried to summon my third, of course got a fail. Now off to breed my other two beauties!

some people like how the hatchlings look

So happy my GON's can breed now AND I can get a 3rd one smile.gif

My female GON was bred with a Shadow Walker and they gave me a lovely iridescent egg which is safely tucked into its fog blanket for the night smile.gif

Thank you TJ and Spriters! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DC!!!!!

My Avatar egg says "Egg will die if it doesn't hatch in: 7 days

This smoldering egg radiates volatile energy." so....*quizzical quirking of the brow*

They be talking about AP eggs, not freshly bred eggs.

So I don't see a GoN breeding topic on the Site Discussion board. Is it fair game to make one cataloguing the new pairings and their outcomes, or is it discouraged right now since we don't know what the new babies are yet?

It would be closed as a duplicate of the News thread since one of the main discussion currently going on here is the new pairings etc.

apparently the new avatar eggs are based on this new attribute: element affinity. so i'm sure it is probably based on the breeding combinations.

They be talking about AP eggs, not freshly bred eggs.

Gah!*tries and fails to smite the fog of a migraine med brain drain*I should've realized that.*head,desk*