LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

The secret missions in the ORAS demos are going to kill me. ;;

I need to experience them.

SOFT-RESETTING, GO!

Secret missions? As in not just the random normal stuff? ... Dangit, I don't want to go play a demo for hours upon hours

Secret missions? As in not just the random normal stuff? ... Dangit, I don't want to go play a demo for hours upon hours

Playing the demo for hours won't unlock everything though... One of the secret mission and the ability to enter Steven's house requires you to have the demo for 15 days. I managed to unlock the second secret mission on my first try on day 15 but still haven't managed to get the first secret mission. tongue.gif

That secret mission took me about 150 resets to get, I beat Theodore one day and 15 resets later I got it, so I guess I was fairly lucky with that. I remember reading someone reset 900 times to get it blink.gif.

Well playing the demo has made me decide to actually buy one of the games when it is released. Hoenn isn't my favorite region, but it'll be nice to replay it(and maybe it'll change my mind about it smile.gif).

(I just hope that some of the legends aren't shiny locked, I wouldn't mind resetting for another shiny Rayquaza or even a Zekrom.)

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

So after you beat the demo 10 times and have had it for 15 days you have a chance at the secret mission?

900 times, damn!

I want in Steven's house! I want his shiny Metagross too! That stupid Glalie was a asdfa against my Sceptile so I chickened out and caught it, after it kicking my butt 5 times, without battling it. Wish I could of left it there, the Mega is ugly as sin!

Hey if you really want, if I can get the event myself, i can give you Diance. I already have one from a very generous trader so I could just give you that one.

Sorry for double posting, but I'd love that! If you could I'd be so grateful!

So after you beat the demo 10 times and have had it for 15 days you have a chance at the secret mission?

You'll have a chance at the second secret mission which will give you a nugget to send to the full game, and you'll be able to enter Steven's house. The first secret mission is just based on pure luck however. tongue.gif

Just got my demo version downloaded today. I start it up, and 20 seconds in revived a Hoenn horn eargasam curtsy of the Team Aqua grunt battle.

As someone who missed Hoenn the first time around, I am going to have a blast.

Still haven't found a demo code. If anyone has a spare they don't need, I'd be willing to give you something in return for it, if you like.

am i doing something wrong because i've soft reset 85 times trying for the first secret mission ;A;

I got my demo code. It super good i can't wait for real game to come out.

I got my code at EB games.

Still haven't found a demo code. If anyone has a spare they don't need, I'd be willing to give you something in return for it, if you like.

There was a site giving them for free.....got to find the name of it.

Urgh, this Eon Ticket StreetPass idea is TERRIBLE. The chance of me getting one is now abysmally low :/ Thanks a lot, Nintendo.

oh god i just read about how it's gonna be done and yeah the chances of me getting one are really bad too

why cant they just distribute it christ

i mean i guess i could just transfer in my latios from original emerald but :V

i live in like the most boring area of our state so nothing ever happens remotely close to us

i mean if original eon tickets are going to be distributed by attending events there's a chance i could go if the closest one to us (which isnt that close) does the thing but i'd have no-one in my area to distribute it to if my parents are even willing to drive me

the whole thing is unnecessarily convoluted

Edited by Switch

Back in my day, they gave out the Eon Ticket as an e-reader card in Nintendo Power. If you had the e-reader for GBA you would just scan it and it would activate the event in your game.

I still have the card for it. Still works, and works as many times as you need it to. That was distribution before wi-fi was a thing done right.

(I mean, it required you to have the e-reader, but if you had access to a store that sold Nintendo Power, which was many at the time, then you could get the ticket. And then you could just swap with friends who had the e-reader, since the card activates the event infinitely - or at least once per new game)

The thing they're doing now is a huge mess. People (like me) who live no where near where these events happen will never get to streetpass someone with the ticket. It stinks.

And yes, I have completed my dex, so I already have latias (since it's Latios in Ruby) but it's the whole idea of this distribution that irks me. As if the code cards weren't bad enough already.

(I did get my diancie though, luckily I've had no further trouble with gamestop)

I hope they end up making it into a normal distribution after this has gone on for a bit. Europe is at least sending people with it to GAME stores so that it can spread easier. In the US, we just have to hope to get lucky and pass someone who has it. Because everyone takes their 3DSes with them everywhere. And turned on.

...I like the Streetpassed Eon Ticket, I mean, I don't usually get more than one or two a month, but it's a great way to utilize the Streetpass mechanic and put out an event. So long as we can get at least one of the Latis in-game without it (for flight stuffs) Then I'm content with how they're going about the extra (It may help that I have both Latis in Y though owo)

Because everyone takes their 3DSes with them everywhere. And turned on.

*raises hand*

My mom does, as well. I try to take it with me, at least to school.

I like the idea, myself. I think they need to encourage more streetpass stuff.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

yeah but even if you take your 3DS with you everywhere and have it turned on it doesn't make a heckin' difference if you live in an area where nobody else does and rarely get to venture out of said area :|

which is the situation i and many other people are in

Edited by Switch

yeah but even if you take your 3DS with you everywhere and have it turned on it doesn't make a heckin' difference if you live in an area where nobody else does and rarely get to venture out of said area :|

which is the situation i and many other people are in

If you go to a Nintendo Zone you get tags.

If you go to a Nintendo Zone you get tags.

There still has to be one near enough to you that you can regularly go to one to see if anyone with the ticket happens to have passed by.

Honestly, the whole thing is cool in theory, but in reality it's just going to cause a lot of people to say 'screw it' and find other ways (a.k.a. hacks etc.) to get the pokemon. When I took my 3DS with me to work regularly I used to get at least one streetpass as day... with always the same person.

I've experienced Streetpass working great once: when I was on vacation in London. Loads of passes in a short time. I live in one of the bigger cities in Belgium, and walking around here won't get me anything. So yeah, only works as intended in really big cities.