LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Of all the sites I hate, Pokebeach is probably one of the most hated. I hate Pokebeach so much you have no idea. I don't like that site at all.

But anyway...

•HEY I WAS RIGHT ABOUT RAYQUAZA'S ATTACKS in my last set anyway. Right about defenses from first set. Huh. It's not as fast as I would have liked.

•Pigeot was a "close, but no cigar" situation. Regardless I'm still satisfied with the actual outcome. It's definitely more balanced than what I put down.

•I made Steelix waaaay more defensive but I'm glad they gave it an outrageous attack boost! Still wish it had 255 defense, though...

•Glalie has been made into the basic sweeper. Kind of wish they had gone for something more balanced, but this DOES mean Explosion will be even MORE terrifying. Hold on to your butts!

•YOU GUYS GUESS WHAT my Beedrill was SO SO close! OOF they just happened to take even MORE off of special attack and put it on speed! It's even BETTER than I hoped!

My (second set) stats:

HP: 65

Attack: 150 (+60)

Defense: 40

Sp.Atk: 25 (-20)

Sp.Def: 80

Speed: 135 (+60)

Actual stats:

HP: 65

Attack: 150 (+60)

Defense: 40

Sp.Atk: 15 (-30)

Sp.Def: 80

Speed: 145 (+40)

Oof that's a killer speed boost. I love it! I don't understand how I was wrong about Beedrill? The first set, definitely, but it was going for something a bit more rounded (which was pointless, which is why I made a second set).

•I'm sad that Slowbro DIDN'T get more defensive boosts and instead got more special attack. :\ It's not bad but I think it could have used the smallish boost to special defense. It's only slightly weaker in special attack in my version, anyway, because I lowered speed to give it more defense, which it needs to make up for lack of speed anyway.

•Audino was very close! It's only 10 points weaker in each defense stat, giving those 20 points to special attack. imo I really don't think it needs attack at all, but at least now it can kind of do some damage I suppose. I still don't see it sweeping any time soon.

•Salamence was wrong on ALL fronts except speed. It got a hell of a lot tankier. It only got +10 to each attack, plus +10 on special defense. Most of the points went to defense, which I kind of wish *didn't* happen. It got a full 50 points! I think maybe it should have only had ~20-30.

•My original 3 ideas for Altaria's stats were sadly completely wrong. :c My redone set, after learning about the rough increases posted on Serebii, were MUCH MUCH closer (with the second set from that post being a PERFECT match) as it's more rounded and that's what happened with the set. I WISH it had been more like my original ideas of giving a decent increase to special attack but really focusing on defenses to make it tanky. But oh well, 5th version of stats match perfectly so I'm happy!

•Neither set I had for Lopunny were close, though the second set I think was closer, at least. Sadly even with its now-decent defenses it probably can't take a solid hit due to HP, but at least its attack and speed are great. :D

•Metagross is a nightmare. Nuff said.

•The rest of the Pokemon I never did stat speculations for. But looking over them, they look pretty good!

•Sceptile got an amazing update.

•Sableye is actually laughable. It has a similar problem to Shuckle with having good defenses but hardly any HP to make use of the defenses.

•Gallade was DREAMING of when it would get more bulk and speed. It greatly appreciates the mega.

•Sharpedo is an even stronger glass cannon.

•Diancie is Diancie.

•Groudon and Kyogre both have very respectable stats that are going to be a nightmare to face.

•Camerupt is enjoying its new power as well as bulk.

----

Now that the rest is out of the way: Hoopa.

I want to say one thing.

I.

Love.

Hoopa.

I'm not sure if it's a mega or another form, but if it WERE another form I don't think it would exactly have that kind of boost to stats? Pokemon with other forms usually just change up their stat distribution but remain with the same BST. However, I'm not entirely convinced it's a mega, either, considering that it apparently gains a new move of sorts. Really, I see it becoming something more like Kyurem, where it's not a mega but a more "complete" form or something.

But really, I actually really enjoy its design.

----

I'm also enjoying their shinies! Most aren't very different from their regular forms' shinies, but Audino is pretty and Primal Groudon/Kyogre are AMAZING! I love their shinies now.

By the way, is there a way to tell the difference between Mega Latios and Latias from a picture? I've inspected the model, but really can't tell. >_>

Waah, Mega Diancie and Mega Altaria are so beautiful.

Some of your guesses were scarily close, though Sci. Seriously.

Edited by KoalaNoob

By the way, is there a way to tell the difference between Mega Latios and Latias from a picture? I've inspected the model, but really can't tell. >_>

Their eyes are different. They have the same colors as their base forms. I mentioned it a page or two back that the only difference was eyes. c: Latias has yellow and Latios has red.

I assume it's this way so they could use the same model for when using the overworld flight.

Their eyes are different. They have the same colors as their base forms. I mentioned it a page or two back that the only difference was eyes. c: Latias has yellow and Latios has red.

I assume it's this way so they could use the same model for when using the overworld flight.

Well, I guess that mins of makes sense, since their stats are kind of blending closer? Doesn't matter much to me, since it always read words (dangit, people who name their Arceus as different Arceus that look similar). It's a cool concept that as they get more bulky and more powerful, they become closer in appearance, but still, I wish there was a little more differentiation. They're a bit too similar for my taste, and the fact that it might be because GF doesn't want to make another over world model is sad.

They could have used the same overworld model if the Latis were different colors, just applying different color to model, right? That would have been nice... like, red-violet Latias, indigo Latios.

Well yes, it could have been like that, but I think the other reason is that the megas, even in shiny form, combine the colors of the regulars.

But moving the colors closer to each other without complete overlap would have made it much easier to tell them apart.

Sci your predictions of the new 'mons stats were seriously close lol

You must have a talent for that sorta thing

But the shiny Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre oh lord i'm gonna scream. They are amazing

Sure, but I'm pretty sure the *point* was to make them look unified. o3o They are pretty closely related, after all.

It could have looked nice but I like the idea of them being "merged"

Yeah, I like the merging idea too. Just... Not to the point that there's only one actual distinction. Still, though I really like them. I feel like Latios will outshine Latias, though. Kinda sad, always preferred Latias. It'll still be a beautiful Calm Minder, I guess.

I wonder if there'll be some plot point in ORAS that explains the Lati Twins' Mega. That'd be cool.

Woah, I love the color scheme for Shiny Primal Groudon and Kyogre! I hope they don't shiny lock the legendaries in ORAS so that I can shiny hunt for them!

On another note, I just got my hands on the demo and I really love the new soundtrack and evolution cutscene! Since data for mega Hoopa was found in the demo, I'm hoping that the reward we get for playing everyday is Hoopa. xd.png

Edited by ranger X92

Woah, I love the color scheme for Shiny Primal Groudon and Kyogre! I hope they don't shiny lock the legendaries in ORAS so that I can shiny hunt for them!

I could bet you any amount of money they will be shiny locked in ORAS. All legends are in X and Y.

Better go to previous gens to get your shiny Primals for ORAS, lol.

Ugh, I can't stand shiny locking. It keeps people away from pretty sprites/models that time was spent on creating. I don't really see a good reason why, either. I mean, yeah, story and all, but a lot of people who are shiny hunters dislike hacking, so they just can't get what they want because GF has to keep something already wobbly the way it is.

I can't understand it either. Oh, boohoo, who cares if someone has a shiny legend? Is it so you can obviously tell who hacked theirs? Well that doesn't really work because they already have ways of detecting hacking, and it's faulty anyway because a legit shiny Jirachi from a certain event gets detected as being hacked simply because it's shiny. So what's the problem? Why not just let people have shinies?

Ugh, I can't stand shiny locking. It keeps people away from pretty sprites/models that time was spent on creating. I don't really see a good reason why, either. I mean, yeah, story and all, but a lot of people who are shiny hunters dislike hacking, so they just can't get what they want because GF has to keep something already wobbly the way it is.

Actually I believe GF makes the shiny models to prevent games breaking in the event a hacker turns a certain unobtainable shiny pokemon shiny.

It's the same deal why the made ???-type Arceus, so that games didn't break when hackers turned their Arceus into the ???-type.

But I do personally dislike shiny-locking. I loved soft resetting for shiny legends, it felt like a huge reward for being patient.

Edited by Tazzay

Why not just make. Shiny of every pokemon, then? And if the hacker's game breaks, their own fault for hacking.

And, honestly, I don't really care that people hack shinies. Yes, it screws up the market for those who hunt them legitimately, but still, it's their choice- they went through the trouble of hacking it, though it's perceived as "cheating". Also, couldn't you just implement a better hack-control system? :/ Even if you can't, it's not like shinies are anything important, anyways. They're just different.

Edited by KoalaNoob

I'd be more interested if GF added a sort of Leucism/Albinism feature in the game. They'd be so much more valuable than shinies.

But, hey, I just realised.... shiny Primal Kyogre actually has Orca colours now lol.

Yeah I know, but it doesn't exactly match the condition of albinism where the pigmentation in the skin/fur/feathers is lost.

Just found out my friend got to play the demo for this yesterday....damn it, I wanted to have a go lol.

Mega Steelix being announced is what finally made up my mind in getting a 2DS and one of the games. I'm excited!

Design wise, Mega Beedrill, Camerupt, and Rayquaza are my favorites. For competitive use, it seems Mega Sableye, Beedrill, Steelix, Metagross, and Lopunny may all make a serious case for my team.

Mega Beedrill and Sableye I am so thrilled for.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Yeah, Mega Sableye sounds awesome. It has everything it needs to be a great annoyer. Prankster paired with Will-o-Wisp before Mega-ing could make a pretty beautiful specially-defensive set, with a water to patch up the fact that fires evade burn. It has pretty great defenses, too. Its HP is still bad, but it's not that much of a downfall. The bulky Rotoms have proved that great HP isn't absolutely necessary, and Sableye isn't much of a wall, anyways. It's more meant to screw around with the enemy team. Too bad it loses Prankster, but meh, Magic Bounce is great as well. That Sp. atk isn't too shabby, either.

Magic Bounce is just as screwy as Prankster, just in a different way. Also Normal Sableye uses Prankster perfectly well, giving it to the mega would actually have made the mega worse since it couldn't hold an item (Substitute without Lefties? No thanks) So by giving it Magic Bounce they give it a new, yet still similar, role that lets it make full use of its movepool. Plus I think not megaing right away is definitely going to be a thing

Magic Bounce is just as screwy as Prankster, just in a different way. Also Normal Sableye uses Prankster perfectly well, giving it to the mega would actually have made the mega worse since it couldn't hold an item (Substitute without Lefties? No thanks) So by giving it Magic Bounce they give it a new, yet still similar, role that lets it make full use of its movepool. Plus I think not megaing right away is definitely going to be a thing

Yeah. Sableye can Will-o-Wisp (or even Confuse Ray, if you like trolling and haxing out opponents) a bunch before Mega-ing, abusing Prankster and priority Recover until it decides it's the right time to Mega. Loss of Prankster Recover sucks, but those defenses are pretty worth it. I can definitely see it running Substitute to block status, though. Recover amends the no-lefties issue a bit, albeit not completely.

My favorites design wise are Pidgeot, Rayquaza, Steelix, Slowbro, Lopunny, and Hoopa (still not convinced it's a mega but I love it regardless)

May have been some I missed from the new megas but I do love those.

Actually, the Hoopa thing might not be a Mega at all? The stats don't rise 100 points.