LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

speaking of, can we just think about the fact Game Freak is VERY capable of limiting what pokemon we can use in what battles, as they have shown us in sky battles in XY, yet they apparently can't just use that same list to limit what pokemon we can battle with while soaring?

Edited by NightFros

Eh, I don't really care. It's not like it's plausible that you can battle with the Pokemon you're surfing on, or battle in the water at all with any pokemon not water type? Or that you can fly on a Starly, or sure on a Staryu? Pokemon isn't plausible. It's creative and crazy, and that's why it's so fun.

Edited by KoalaNoob

Honestly I don't understand WHY X and Y won't get patches for the new Megas/abilities. It just doesn't make sense. Yes, in generations past when one game of the generation had new stuff not present in other games of that generation (D/P/Pt in particular), they weren't really able to easily change the older games to reflect the update, but now that they DO I don't understand why they won't change it. D: Hopefully they do eventually.

Remember when Hackers found the Lati megas? All the new megaevolutions being revealed are in the game already, there's no need to patch. All it takes is trading mega stones between games.

Remember when Hackers found the Lati megas? All the new megaevolutions being revealed are in the game already, there's no need to patch. All it takes is trading mega stones between games.

No they aren't. The Latis WERE but if these new ones were there we'd probably know about them. :| So far the only Pokemon found through hacking that haven't been officially revealed are Hoopa (actually I think that one has been revealed?) and Volcanion. Trust me, we would have known about these new megas a long time ago if they were there. Unless only part of their code is in there, or it's under heavy protection, but I doubt that.

Re: flying

As KN said, it already doesn't make sense in regards to Surfing. And let's not forget battling in buildings/forests/other areas with restricted height and you bring in something huge like Groudon or Wailord. How on earth do they fit!?

Edited by edwardelricfreak

Wailord is giant, but if you approx. calculate it's density, you'd be surprised. It's less dense than air. So it's species name, "float whale pokemon", is pretty accurate. Groudon is smaller than you'd think, though. It'd fit into the average apartment if it ducked a little. But that's why we love Pokemon. It makes no sense, yet remains super fun.

Personally, I'm more concerned about fire types, especially flaming ones like Ponyta and Chimchar, in tall grass. Especially the dry, wheaty-textured kind. You think the trend will continue in ORAS? xd.png

They still already have the Sky Battle engine. I think it's silly if they aren't using it

That's true. They'll probably limit it to certain Pokemon, mainly flying and levitating ones.

Now that you've mentioned Levitate as a Pokemon that can be used during speculated Sky Battles, I'm really wondering as to how most Levitators work. I mean, flying is flying, and for Pokemon like the Lati Twins, they're basically flying except they can only have two types and flying got left out. But then, what about Pokemon like Claydol? Do they just... float?

Has there ben any official statement from Nintendo saying you can't trade mega stones between XY and ORAS? Has Nintendo stated that ORAS players can't battle against XY players? If one set of megas was not in the code for the games, then some nasty glitches could crop up if an XY player battled an ORAS player with a new mega. The very fact that the mega Latis were found by hackers months before the reveal is proof that the code for all existing megas is within the games, even if hackers have not found them yet.

They don't *have to be* in both games. Just look at Diamond/Pearl and Platinum. If you try to take Skymin or O-Giratina into battle against a D/P player, Skymin reverts back to normal Shaymin and O-Giratina's Griseous Orb is removed and placed in the bag, reverting it to A-Giratina.

I suspect the same thing will happen in this case; should an ORAS player try to play against an XY player and they have a new mega, the mega stone is removed and placed in the bag.

I'm HOPING that since they say their *won't* be a patch that it's true that the code already exists, I really do, but I'm extremely doubtful because of what hackers have already found/not found. I'm actually curious if, since the Latis are in the coding and Sky Battles were introduced, if flying on the Latis will be/was originally planned for XY. It may have been something they were aiming for and didn't get around to, OR it could be something that might actually happen if you get the (mega) Latis into XY.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

They don't *have to be* in both games. Just look at Diamond/Pearl and Platinum. If you try to take Skymin or O-Giratina into battle against a D/P player, Skymin reverts back to normal Shaymin and O-Giratina's Griseous Orb is removed and placed in the bag, reverting it to A-Giratina.

I suspect the same thing will happen in this case; should an ORAS player try to play against an XY player and they have a new mega, the mega stone is removed and placed in the bag.

Though in BW to B2W2, one could use black kyurem and white kyurem, but those using the old BW would only see the regular kyurem sprite. they might do the same in this case, but put some way to show its mega evolved.

I'm HOPING that since they say their *won't* be a patch that it's true that the code already exists, I really do, but I'm extremely doubtful because of what hackers have already found/not found. I'm actually curious if, since the Latis are in the coding and Sky Battles were introduced, if flying on the Latis will be/was originally planned for XY. It may have been something they were aiming for and didn't get around to, OR it could be something that might actually happen if you get the (mega) Latis into XY.

Yeah, this is whats giving me doubts. if the hackers couldnt find them, and the powersave cheating device cant get them, i really doubt they even exist in XY.

They don't exist in XY. They just don't

However, if I had to guess they'll still work in battle. It's possible to send information on damage and abilities and such without the Pokemon itself existing (EX: hacked Pokemon can have any ability you like, despite not being coded to have that ability) So they could make battles still work and just not change the sprites (How does Kyurem-B/W work against normal BW games?)

It might still show as Black/White Kyurem for the BW2 user but I believe it's still technically only counted as regular. I might be wrong.

I know the moves don't change, but IDK if the stats might revert? It shows on BW as regular and BW2 as spliced. Fairly certain abilities don't revert. I'll test what happens when I get home (assuming I still have a Kyurem in Gen V...) I don't think I can test stats without a damage calculator to determine what damage things should be doing to each other. Though I guess if there were a large enough damage difference between regular Kyurem and its formes I could make an educated guess

Edited by MasterWeavile898

Ah. Well. I'm really hoping these are fake, too. I usually like weird and somewhat ugly Pokemon, but dat Mega Hoopa. DAT MEGA HOOPA. WHAT HAPPENED TO IT. I mean, plastic surgery is one thing. Becoming a weird flowery thing with a hole inside, he weirdest hairdo ever and six disconnected arms is quite another.

I'm gonna say that there's hope, though. Pokemon, despite the designs becoming more complex overtime, has never created anything even close to that. It's like Madame Flurrie and a perfume bottle had a baby.

Although, I don't care for looks much. A lot of those stats are terrible in comparison to what they could've become. There's a lot, so I don't think I'll go specifically on many of them, but egh. No like.

So yeah, really hoping that's fake.

Yeah, I know. But Megas are supposed to be special! They should all be masterpieces like. Garchomp was in Gen 4! Actually, no, that'd be too broken. But yeah, I get it. I just like speculating about overpowered Pokemon because they're fun.

Say, how good is GF at competitive Pokemon? They've made some pretty impressive ones that seemed intentional without totally breaking down the stat averages, and I'm sure a lot of the bad ones are on purpose, but do they think competitively at all, or just what the Pokemon seems like/in-game?

They have to take both into consideration. Some they make based on how a Pokemon is made, and some they make based on trying to make them do better competitively. Like how they, presumably, will totally destroy Beedrill's Special Attack in favor of Physical

Also, it's probably real, because those models take a long time to make, too long for someone to make them for a hoax imo

Whelp, there goes my hopes for Mega Altaria. And a bunch of others. Ah, well, I can still enjoy them in their respective tiers and in-game, I guess. But fluffy. So much fluffy. Fluffy wants use in competitive. Fluffy never gets used in competitive.

And the more I think about it, the scarier Mega Hoopa becomes. Why.

Why not just play UU/RU/NU then?

Yeah, that's what I said. I'd just enjoy them in their respective tiers. I'm terrible at NU and RU, though. ;_;

I'm kind of wondering how good a Fairy/Dragon typing is. There's a lot of handy resistances, and a really great immunity, but they don't cover weaknesses very well. But, it'll be a total steel-type magnet, which could make a pretty good double-switch or lure with Fire Blast.

YES MEGA SWAMPERT IS PINK TOO PRAISE THE BEEFY PUNCHMONSTER PRINCESS

Also I actually really like the Hoopa design?? What little you can see of it, anyway. Eh, I tend to like every Pokemon and I'm not that much of a competitive player. Gosh I am excited.

YES MEGA SWAMPERT IS PINK TOO PRAISE THE BEEFY PUNCHMONSTER PRINCESS

This was my exact thought when I found out mega shiny Swampert was still pink lmao

Gonna have so much fun with my shiny Swampert.