LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

What I wouldn't mind, really, is both a Y and an X Altaria (or Alpha and Omega Altaria, I guess?) I know it's highly unlikely, but think about it: Altaria has the movepool to be offensive, but it was built to be bulky. So what if we had both an offensive and a defensively oriented Mega-taria?

Alpha Mega-taria could look like this:

HP: 75

Attack: 110 (+40)

Defense: 90

Sp.Atk: 120 (+50)

Sp.Def: 95 (-10)

Speed: 100 (+20)

Total: 590

(Similar to Sci's last set, but adding onto speed rather than defense as well as actually lowering SP Def to heighten Sp Atk)

And the Omega mega (redundant much?) could be much more defensive:

HP: 95 (+20)

Attack: 65 (-5)

Defense: 125 (+55)

Sp.Atk: 65 (-5)

Sp.Def: 140 (+35)

Speed: 80

Total: 590

These two sets take advantage of both its movepool and stats, but in the form of two different megas. Having two Altarias is unlikely, I know, especially with the revelation of not one, but TWO new pseudo legend megas, but its fun to look at the what-ifs.

AAAHHHH THAT'D BE AWESOME.

Unfortunately, I kind of doubt that GF will give to Megas to something like Altaria, only the fan-favourites get special treatment. :/

Too bad, right? Two completely overrated Pokemon. Where's Mega Blastoise and Venusaur X? Well, hopefully we get some new double Megas, because I will be so angry if those two are eternally the only Pokemon to receive such treatment.

The second would probably be better, since base 100 isn't letting it outspeed anything significant :c

*base 90

Still doesn't change that it can't outspeed much...XD

PC: uhhh HP doesn't change when they go Mega. I just included HP because of the total stat looking weird without it XD

Also I would rather another legendary (OOOH MAYBE JIRACHI!? O:) have Alpha and Omega forms, to fit with Mewtwo.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

I'm kind of okay with Mewtwo's since he's Mewtwo and is uber special and all that, but not really, but Charizard. No. Charizard is not special. Charizard (normal) is not good. If Charizard gets special versions, the other starters do.

It must be a fire starter thing xd.png

I wonder how good the starter megas will be? Dragon doesn't look like it's doing much to help Sceptile, with the quad ice weakness and all. :c Swampert could be really good if it got the right boosts, though, so I don't know. It's kinda funny how everyone's specualting about the starter megas, and then when they get to Blaziken, it's just: Oh yeah. Blaziken. Mega Blaziken. That event poke. Yeah.

PC: uhhh HP doesn't change when they go Mega. I just included HP because of the total stat looking weird without it xd.png

Well, I feel Mareepish. Haha, get it? Cause it's Pokemon? And sheep? That sounded better in my head... Well I guess the more you know. That's just 20 more points that can go into something else in my super bulky dream layout, though.

And Sci, I do not doubt in the least that you are 100% right. They did it once they'll do it again those sneaky fan catering jerks. I demand two Mega Swamperts! Double the derp is my philosophy.

...PUNS. ALL THE PUNS.

And I demand two megas for every pokemon. The fan catering is really annoying, especially when stuff like dragon charizard happens and EVERYONE thinks it's better than Yzard while claiming Yzard will be UU >.>

Well, maybe not every Pokemon. I mean, two Meas should still be something special and it is understandable why some, like Kangaskhan, don't need nor would it make sense for it to have double Megas. But two? TWO POKEMON? THE TWO MOST OBVIOUS AND OVERRATED POKEMON OF ALL TIME? Mewtwo made sense, like you said, but Charizard was just plain out loud redonkulous. I see what you're trying to do there GF. Make me pick Charmander instead of my favorite Bulbasaur. Well I've seen through your tricks and you can bet your bunions that I am still going for that flower headed frog monster.

And on a way completely off-topic question, I wonder what Delta Rayquaza's going to look like? Will he be awesome like they've done to Salamence? Or will he get Abomasnow'd and be utterly stupid?

Bulbasaur's a frog? 0_0 Wut. Only now do I see it. Bulby's the best competitively, without mega though. TAKE THAT CHARIZARD. GO STICK YOUR OVERRATED HEAD SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I've seen some fanart of Delta Rayquaza, and one piece has him with fur along his back and a nice beard. If he's better than that, I'll be happy. If he IS that, I'll be happier, but not in a good way.

I just have a suspicion that it might happen to Blaziken because Blaziken was the first of the Hoenn starters to get a Mega.

I sort of feel like Mewtwo and Charizard got two megas not because of fan service, but actually because they came up with two different-enough designs that they happened to like so they just added both.

Yzard does a lot better in Doubles, I think, because of its ability and everything, but it's still useable outside of that. I think the main reason why Xzard might be higher (I actually don't know their tier placements very well) is its type giving it better resistances, etc. The crippling effect of Stealth Rock isn't nearly as bad, for example. I think most just like Xzard's design and typing more. We were disappointed at Yzard when first announced because it lacked Dragon type, something fans have been wanting ever since Charizard was first around. Yzard probably would have fared better initially if it had been announced as part Dragon. Course, personally, I like that one mega retains Charizard's typing and I really wish the designs were switched around because Xzard looks more like a fighter jet, which makes sense with Flying type, and Yzard looks more like a dragon. :c But oh well. They wanted the Dragon one with Tough Claws to boost Dragon Claw and Outrage even more. :U

Another reason Charizard got two Megas is because it sucked competitively. It just so happens that it was popular, too.

Yep, Bulby is a frog! Or rather, a toad.

Why Delta? Why not Epsilon or Gamma or Rho or something?

I still find it kind of odd that it's the two fan favorites that get the different enough designs, though >.>

Yzard is actually very good. On the Smogon tiers, it's A or A+ and it's definitely easy to see why. It has decent coverage, and hits really hard, so there's not much not to like. It was even introduced in the generation with defog buff. Xzard is also really amazing, though.

Blastoise sucked competitively, outside of being a decently bulky spinner in NU.

Why Delta? Why not Epsilon or Gamma or Rho or something?

Because it was Delta Emerald Game Freak trademarked. Sorta like they did with Pokemon Grey version.

Because it was Delta Emerald Game Freak trademarked. Sorta like they did with Pokemon Grey version.

Sure, but do you see a Pokemon Grey version around? I sure don't. I don't think we're ever getting a third part to Black and White because they had sequels instead of a third part.

Delta Emerald still sounds stupid. :U

No, they probably won't make a literal Delta Emerald, but that pretty much ensure Rayquaza's primal form will be Delta Rayquaza. I 'unno, delta sounds pretty cool to me. I'm sure it'll be pretty pointy considering the delta symbol it a triangle. Or not pointy at all. It depends on whether they use uppercase Δ or lowercase δ.

No, they probably won't make a literal Delta Emerald, but that pretty much ensure Rayquaza's primal form will be Delta Rayquaza. I 'unno, delta sounds pretty cool to me. I'm sure it'll be pretty pointy considering the delta symbol it a triangle. Or not pointy at all. It depends on whether they use uppercase Δ or lowercase δ.

Do you know if they use uppercase or lowercase for alpha and omega? I'm hoping it's uppercase because I do particularly like uppercase delta.

It's not that I don't like delta, it's that I don't like Delta Emerald. It's not even the halfway point of the alphabet. :c I kind of wish they did Alpha, Beta, Gamma or Alpha, Beta, Omega but they didn't

Also wouldn't it be Primal Rayquaza since it's Primal Kyogre and Groudon?

Alpha, Beta, and Omega sounds like ranks though, since so many stories use Alpha as leader, Beta as second in command, and Omega as lowly useless dude.

Primal Rayquaza, Delta Rayquaza? I don't know, neither sounds too great to me. Primal's a little easier on the tongue, but eh... Delta has a really cool symbol, so there's that X)

I'm subscribed to the official Japanese Pokemon newsletter and they spell it 『ポケモン ΩR・αS』.

To be fair, its probably good they aren't defensive megas.

All the defensive megas we've gotten have been pretty bad. (Well, except venusaur, but thats different)

Defensive pokemon are getting steadily more useless since gamefreak keeps releasing tons of pokemon that have ion cannons mounted to them.

Also, lack of Leftovers really hurts. Venusaur has Thick Fat, and it can hit relatively well, which is why it succeeds.

It's annoying that they don't release similarly powerful defensive mons. I know GSC sucked because 100 turn battles, but just hitting hard gets boring when it's pretty much the only viable strategy. Stall stills works, kind of, but eh... It's gotten better from BW, but it's still seeing a slow decline.

I'm subscribed to the official Japanese Pokemon newsletter and they spell it 『ポケモン ΩR・αS』.

They use uppercase omega and lowercase alpha? D: That's silly.

To be fair, its probably good they aren't defensive megas.

All the defensive megas we've gotten have been pretty bad. (Well, except venusaur, but thats different)

Defensive pokemon are getting steadily more useless since gamefreak keeps releasing tons of pokemon that have ion cannons mounted to them.

The problem is that they made the ion cannons to counter the increase of defenses. They're going to need bigger and badder tanks to withstand the cannons, which in turn is going to make them make even stronger cannons...

Kind of wish they would make more moves of varying power and focus on abilities and items that made Pokemon stronger instead of the Pokemon themselves being overly strong...

I really think Altaria would have worked as an all-around bulky special attacker. It has the moves to make up for healing and would have had strong enough moves to utilize its special attack well.

They kind of screwed up, though. I guess they were worried about Jellicent and Ferrothorn dominating everything in BW, so they added a bunch of nukes, and yeah...

Power creep. That's why there are so few Pokemon from gen 1. Oh well, it keeps people updated with the new pokemon, I guess.

I feel like they mostly need to update gen 1 and 2 Pokemon to be a wee bit stronger/useful because of the power creep. I guess that's the reason for megas, but due to the limitedness of using megas, why would you bother using the slot for a mega that's only reason is to make a weak Pokemon standard strength if you could instead use the slot for a really strong mega?

They've just outright changed base stats before, so they could do that I guess. I feel like they won't but they should. Although it does make genwunners fail and that's good in my book. They're not as bad as everyone says, but it's still really annoying.