LadyNightshade

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Sing is so inaccurate it probably isn't that worth it though. And your opponent could just switch out, unless Altaria gets a trapping move. Confide is pretty meh as well, as are all stat changes to the opponent (usually) since they can just switch. Free turns though, which are always good, and I guess it's decent on Altaria since it can phase using it. If it had calm mind, though, it's the other version of Crocune o-o

If it gets Heal Bell, this thing will have at least a usable niche as a cleric who can actually deal damage without Seismic Toss, but it's good without it, I guess.

Mist+Safeguard+Heal Bell support is very lovely, for sure. c: I guess it also gets Haze, which is pretty nifty.

It does have Perish Song for phasing, which I think would maybe work better than something like Confide.

Another neat gimmick move it has access to is Mirror Move. o3o Not super great but kind of neat.

Haze is probably better than Mist by quite a bit, since nobody really tries to lower stats of other Pokemon, really. Haze could stop enemies from setting up in Altaria's face.

Perish Song is a good phasing move, but Confide would work as well, since it could lower stats until Altaria is barely taking any damage bar a critical hit. With Toxic damage as well, you could mash up phasing and chip damage to a decent effect, eventually getting the entry hazard damage phasing is used for.

Mirror move is remind of a useless gimmick. It's really situational, and the only thing it can do that Altaria can't is throw out a few hazards. Not worth the moveslot, IMO.

You mean, a Florges without Leftovers? owo

I figure it'll be largely used as a wall, and mostly run Heal Bell for itself

Though Roost+Heal Bell+Hyper Voice is three slots, so it mightn't have room

Though Roost+Heal Bell+Hyper Voice is three slots, so it mightn't have room

It could have different movesets XD That's why I'm going over the options.

Mega Altaria should have better physical defence than Florges, and can boost it with Cotton Guard though. And, it doesn't need to moveslots to heal, albeit without the ability to heal teammates. Other than that, though, it is Dlorges without Lefites. :/

I still think Altaria will fair well as a wall and team supporter. It's more of a support with Natural Cure, I guess, or whatever, but still. o3o

Yeah, I hope it'll be really good. The great thing about Altaria's Mega Evolution is that it doesn't rely on speed, so the evolving turn won't be a waste, and it's not absolute garbage before mega-evolving, so it has a few switch in opportunities.

English announcement on contests and megas

Cosplay Pikachu can battle outside of contests. Interesting, but pikachu still isn't the best pokemon (though light ball helps). The ice move would help against ground types.

Mega Salamence confirmed to have legs tongue.gif It just tucks them in during flight.

Shiny beldum confirmed to be an event pokemon (basically the "you better buy this game on launch date/relatively close to it" event pokemon)

Salamence confirmed for having its "defense stat soar".

Time to spam dragon dance and then wreck everything with return

Salamence confirmed for having its "defense stat soar".

Time to spam dragon dance and then wreck everything with return

Yeah, I can believe that happening now.

Aww, apparently Altaria's getting lots of attack boosts and not as much defense as I would have hoped. :c Maybe they're going to even out its stats?

Lopunny was expected as attack+speed buff

I knew Salamence would get tankier. Just hoping it also gets faster. Also what? I knew about its legs. I can see them clearly in the CoroCoro image of it. O.o

Edited by edwardelricfreak

user posted image

TEAM MAGMA IS MADE OUT OF WOOD!!!!!!

I knew they were witches.

FINALLY you can fight more than two people at once! And it's not a double battle alongside your rival/friend/whatever.

Ikr? But seriously, they look like trees wearing cloaks and masks.

Wat? WAAAAAAT!? Gamefreak cannot stop ruining Team Magma for me! Why!? First Maxie, then Tabitha, and now this? I'm so angry I could... I could... I could punch a turkey leg! It doesn't even make sense. If they were going to pull something like that it should have been something along the lines of iron beams or clay, or, you know, any material that would not spontaneously combust inside of a volcano. (Actually this wasn't well explained even in the original. How the heck was anyone still alive after spending such a long amount of time in such a hostile environment?) BUT STILL. At least they still have their horns, though. If those had been taken I would have spontaneously combusted. Well, at least we have hoard trainer battles. I guess. Sounds kinda gimmicky to me :I

Can I just stop to ask why none of them are in 3D though? Every member of Team Flare, from grunt to leader, was in full 3D. THEY KEEP DOWNGRADING MAGMA, DANGIT!

Oh, and because I couldn't help myself: Ahem *prepares joke* If two Magma grunts go out on a date, does that make them tree huggers? Ba dum, tss.

In the horde battles they send out a....you guessed it....

user posted image

...horde of Poochyena.

Aw, Mega Altaria might not be too great then, since it won't really be able to fill a niche if it's stats are even... Mega Lopunny, that's good. It should work fairly decently.

Team Magma though. Just... Why. What are you doing Game Freak. At first I couldn't set their hands, and it thougt their arms got transformed into sticks. They look so bad ;_;

I guess more hordes with trainers means that attacks hitting everyone will be more viable despite their lowered power? Because efficiency and all that. Horse battles are so slow and annoying...

Wat? WAAAAAAT!? Gamefreak cannot stop ruining Team Magma for me! Why!? First Maxie, then Tabitha, and now this? I'm so angry I could... I could... I could punch a turkey leg! It doesn't even make sense. If they were going to pull something like that it should have been something along the lines of iron beams or clay, or, you know, any material that would not spontaneously combust inside of a volcano. (Actually this wasn't well explained even in the original. How the heck was anyone still alive after spending such a long amount of time in such a hostile environment?) BUT STILL. At least they still have their horns, though. If those had been taken I would have spontaneously combusted. Well, at least we have hoard trainer battles. I guess. Sounds kinda gimmicky to me :I

Can I just stop to ask why none of them are in 3D though? Every member of Team Flare, from grunt to leader, was in full 3D. THEY KEEP DOWNGRADING MAGMA, DANGIT!

Oh, and because I couldn't help myself: Ahem *prepares joke* If two Magma grunts go out on a date, does that make them tree huggers? Ba dum, tss.

Aww what's wrong with Maxie? :c He just as glasses now. I guess he lost his widow's peak and has different clothes, but otherwise he looks like the same ol' Maxie to me.

Tabitha is understandable. He went from looking like a generic Magma Grunt to...Wailord. :U

But otherwise what's wrong with Team Magma? They don't look too much different to me:

user posted image

user posted image

I guess their hoods are a little different where they come down over the shoulders, and their pants are different colors (girl gets shorts instead of the miniskirt), and lastly their shoes are different which I could care less about. Basically the only major difference is just the addition of the dark red shirts and socks? I do think they would have looked better if they were black/grey instead of dark red, but I don't think they look like wood? I think the grunts look cool actually. I did prefer the original designs, but mostly because of the black accents instead of dark red.

At least Team Aqua looks waaay cooler. I do miss old Archie and Shelly, but the new ones are too cool for me to be sad. Then again I also played Ruby so I liked having Team Aqua on my side and now I just get to have outright pirates on my side!

To be fair I always liked Magma's design more than Aquas. I actually think they're on even ground now, so idk I like both. Still like that I'ma be buds with pirates! :D Unless they change the storyline to incorporate aspects of Emerald like they did with HG/SS with incorporating Crystal elements.

Also what? I knew about its legs. I can see them clearly in the CoroCoro image of it. O.o

Haha, well I'm glad someone did!

There was a large storm of people furious that salamence's front legs were missing. But like you said, if you just look closely they were tucked in.

But thanks to the footage people can be 100% consoled that it did not lose any legs.

Ewww the magma grunt's uniforms. Who approved those for the game, I mean really?

Aqua's uniforms look great though. I guess that's good that I'll be fighting Magma then so I can support fashion choices....?

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Eh, it's not that they're super different, they're just worse over all. The world would be a boring place if we all had the same opinions, though, so I won't sit here trying to convince you of these abominations sent from the Distortion World... I guess I have to agree with the whole Aqua thing though. I could tell they were leaning for a pirate theme and, for a good portion of the time, they got it right, but oddly enough Archie struck me of more of a businessman. Don't ask me why, but I think it was because of the black, non-piratey suit he wore. I didn't mind his old design, in fact, it was pretty cool, but it didn't really fit with the rest of the team.

As for Maxie, well, I cannot forgive that so easily. To me he was a simple, stern sort of person. GF tried too hard to make him cool and appealing when they should have just stuck with the basic red and black jacket. Steven's redesign was okay with me because it was updated to the newest style and had a few minor changes, but it was still Steven. They should have done this with Maxie, and for his weight's sake, Tabitha too. I'd also bring up a beef with Courtney but considering the kind of skirt she wore I can sorta understand why she got a Flare style skirt instead. After Jynx we wouldn't want a hassle rising out of a skirt that only needed one burst of wind before... well, you get the gist.

That said, I worry for Lucy's sake. Remember, Pike Queen Lucy? Well I remember! And I also remember an outfit that was just a tad bit revealing. THEY'D BETTER NOT TOUCH LUCY OR I WILL START FLIPPING TABLES! I know, I know, I've been caps lock trigger happy about this but gerd dang! I have been provoked my peers.

It could have different movesets xd.png That's why I'm going over the options.

I know. I was referring specifically to a wall set, which I expected to be its main use. It would be pretty much required to have Roost and Hyper Voice as a wall, and having Heal Bell might take up an important moveslot, or could be considered that important moveslot

But it seems it's getting more offenses? It'll be a neat Tank, would have preferred defenses. Not many megas seem dedicated to walling ono

Yeah, I really wanted a defensive mega dragon. Kind of upset at Game Freak for always following the same patterns, actually.

Quote from Serebii:

and Mega Altaria getsincreased Attack & Special Attack, with a smaller Defense boost

It gets an increased Special Attack & Attack stat, as well as a boosted Defense. Mega Altaria's body is enveloped in its unique feathers, which glimmer with an iridescent sheen. They have grown even larger as a self-protective measure.

With this in mind, I'm going to redo my speculation for Altaria's Mega stats. I'm not going to touch the stats that haven't been mentioned being changed (at least yet), at least not my much, if anything.

Current:

HP: 75

Attack: 70

Defense: 90

Sp.Atk: 70

Sp.Def: 105

Speed: 80

Total: 490

Mega:

Attack: 100 (+30)

Defense: 110 (+20)

Sp.Atk: 100 (+30)

Sp.Def: 115 (+10)

Speed: 90 (+10)

Total: 590

idk, for some reason this time around I felt like adding slightly to its speed. I gave more significant boosts to the attack stats, a decent boost to defense, and tiny boosts to the speed and special defense. All around, it basically becomes a rounded out Pokemon with just enough bulk to still be decently tanky and passable offenses to help it sweep. 90 isn't super fast, but it's okay and Altaria always has DD and Agility. I suspect that, while Altaria still won't be in the highest of tiers, it might make it to OU.

I could also see this:

Attack: 110 (+40)

Defense: 110 (+20)

Sp.Atk: 110 (+40)

Sp.Def: 105 (+0)

Speed: 80 (+0)

Total: 590

Leaving stats that weren't mentioned totally alone and giving both attacks considerable increase while defense is still significant, though smaller, like it says.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

The second would probably be better, since base 100 isn't letting it outspeed anything significant :c

Having 150 dual offenses is actually really amazing, especially with fairly decent defenses on both sides. If only it got something to boost it's special defense, but that would make it a pretty huge monster. It's more of a nuking less defensive tank in your second speculation, though. It could invest in both offenses, or maybe in one side, the rest into Sp. Def, then Cotton Guard? That sounds pretty dangerous as well, I guess.