Mystic_Halo

What are crossing your Valentines with?

I don't have too many CBs and some are set for certain people but otherwise likely gold/silver and solstice pairings - my greatest weakness laugh.gif

Set aside pairings so far are:

Arsani x Gold

Arsani x Bleeding Moon

Heartseeker x Blusang

Rosebud 2nd gens are with GW and those look pretty nice

Really hope the limits are lifted to attempt to get nice gen ones of the valentines don't have a CB of.

I don't have any plans for breeding my CB valentines with anything, I'm leaving myself open for trades.

What I WILL do after the breeding time is FINISHED is breed this gal with the new valentine: Lineage project

Sadly I only have the one CB '09 so I might hunt about to see if anyone's willing to continue it for me. Hmmmm. Maybe work on something like that holiday breeding project that's in the works, only with just valentines?

Any volunteers? xd.png

I don't have any Valentines yet as it is going to be my first Valentine.

'09 x Mint --> from an IOU and I have the perfect mate for it already

'09 x Yulebuck --> a nice person offered to breed it for me and I have the perfect mate already. Still looking for a 2nd one, though.

'09 x Black Marrow --> have the perfect mate already and will try to get it from the AP or via trading

Sweetling x Fog/White/Guardian/Green/Gold/Olive/Water Walker/Brimstone/Moonstone

Rosebud x Nhiostrife Wyvern --> will get it from a nice person

Heartseeker x Shadow Walker/Vine --> will get the SW one from a nice person (have the perfect mate already) and will try to get the Vine one in the AP or via trading

Arsani x Black --> will get one from a nice person and have the perfect mate for it already

I think Heartseekers are fantastic with Albinos, like this 2nd gen. Their poses go well together, and the Albino compliments the color of the Heartseeker breast. Also, it would be nice to see Albinos get some love, since I don't have any lineages with them at all.

user posted image

user posted image

Second favorite is Heartseeker x Royal Crimson. Their red colors, and the poses mirror each other. But I am a bit prejudiced because I love RCs and think they look great with everything. xd.png

user posted image

user posted image

I don't have any Heartseekers of my own, so I'm hoping to get lucky in the AP or with trades this Valentine's. smile.gif Looking forward to the holiday!

Edited by Tecca

Stripes, stripes and stripes! xd.png

I really hope limits will be lifted. I have plenty of gorgeus 2nd gens waiting for mates although finding/trading for 2nd gen Valentine '09, Sweetling and Rosebud is going to be very hard.

Luckily the other two I can breed myself. laugh.gif

Any other valentines I have will be bred and gifted as always.

Edited by Raphy

I have an awesome '09 x black lineage and I was gifted an egg to continue it: http://dragcave.net/lineage/dAjHU so I'll be doing that.

I have one CB '09 and am planning on breeding it with marrow as I already have a mate, unless someone convinces me to trade! *quite possible*

I am the one Dimar is breeding arsani x fleshcrowne for- I really like them together.

I'm going to be out of town for most of the breeding season, but if breeding starts on the 7th I'll have some time. However, I'd love to arrange things beforehand- working on that currently

I'm looking for :

sweetling x stripe

sweetling x blacktip

rosebud x moonstone

heartseeker x ribbon dancer

rosebud x spring

'09 x ice

Of course, we may all be doing this for naught if the limits are not lifted.

I think Heartseekers are fantastic with Albinos, like this 2nd gen. Their poses go well together, and the Albino compliments the color of the Heartseeker breast. Also, it would be nice to see Albinos get some love, since I don't have any lineages with them at all.

user posted image

user posted image

Second favorite is Heartseeker x Royal Crimson. Their red colors, and the poses mirror each other. But I am a bit prejudiced because I love RCs and think they look great with everything. xd.png

user posted image

user posted image

I don't have any Heartseekers of my own, so I'm hoping to get lucky in the AP or with trades this Valentine's. smile.gif Looking forward to the holiday!

Oh my... albinos are perfect.

All of my CBs with cb whites unless a specific lineage for a trade appears. The rest aren't going to be bred.

I'm going to be really boring - Pink, White and Crimson. I'm hoping we can keep bred eggs on Valentine as well so I can make an even-gen without having to rely on other people. And I'm totally hoping for a red coloured dragon coming out this Valentine to match the Heartseekers smile.gif

user posted imageuser posted image--------------user posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image--------------user posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Mirhana

I haven't really thought of this since I have my two. BTW I so love the lifting of the limits.

I only have CB Arsani's which look good with the Niostrife's (I love contrast) and Heartseekers with brimstone or harvest. I do look forward to loading up on second gens for all Valentines.

i really hope valentine limits are lifted . If so I'll be

breeding

Val '09x I can breed 4th gen like this **

will be breeding5th gen to be a mate forhim -hope he likes her

Sweetling If limits are lifted I'll be keeping a sweetling sibling of this 3G sweetling x silver checkerI see a few people are doing this lineage

and siblings of this 3g sweetling x white checker** although May trade them or drop to AP

Rosebud I'm looking forward to breeding a 3rd gen rosebudx shadow walker if limits are lifted -and shadow walker siblings at halloween if not

Also( if limits)should be getting a mate forthis 2G winterx rosebud

and I'll breed 3rd gen rosebud x moonstone

I'll be looking for a rosebud mate* for this 3G springx rosebud checker

Heartseeker I'll be trying for a heartseeker x BBW checker I'll be breeding one CB for me and the other CB is offered elsewhere

I'malso tempted to find or build a mate for http://dragcave.net/lineage/uoqKk

Arsani I can breed both of my CB Arsanis** I'll probably breed them with nhios or poosibly flesh crownes-

**I can trade these too

*looking for

If anyone needs a particular trade or can help with mine just PM

Edited by velvet_paw

Currently, I have NO V-Day dragons, but I want a HeartSeeker or something to mate with this Gold I got from my Wishlist. But I'd need a CB Valentine... which I don't know if I can get my hands onto.

Edited by Magic199

Breeding Valentines is seriously complicated by the fact that most of them look good with everything. >8C

Rosebud x Silver is seriously pretty. Heartseeker x Lumina and Heartseeker x Albino are beautiful as well.

Going to be stalking / trading real hard come this V Day... ;A;

I already had a look at the Valentines and possible partners for them. If the limits get lifted for Valentines as well, I'll try to get 2nd gens or 3rd + gen checkers from these pairings.

I wasn't really interested in Alt Sweetling offspring at first, as my scroll only shows the regular variant and I thought the color change looked horrible in lineages. But when looking at other breeds that can change colors drastically, I stumbled upon the Seasonals and immediately felt in love with this idea. I'll need to get my hands on two 2nd gen Sweetlings from Alt x Autumn for that, but I hope I can somehow trade for them. :3

I don't really know what to do with my own Valentines yet. I have one CB of every breed (the second slots are taken by frozen hatchies), so I'll either breed the 2nd gens from my list which I can't get via trade or in the AP or trade their offspring for list items (especially for the Alt Sweetling offspring).

I really, really hope the limits get lifted. Christmas was so much fun with all the hunting and trading. And my holidays begin next weekend, so I'd have plenty of time. :3

This will be my first Valentine's here on DC, but I think anything red, grey, pink, white, or purple would look especially good with them, even silver (tinsel and regular). Black alts would look great with some of the pink ones, but I think the rosebud would look good with the purple or daydreams. I actually think heartseekers would look good with the new solstice dragons, but that kind of project could take many years to do, even with lots of people working on it together. I also think the sunstone or moonstone would look good with the arsani.

I haven't sorted all of them yet but so far:

Heart seeker x Royal Crimson

Heart Seeker x Red Dorsal

Rosebud x Daydream

Rosebud x Electric -I kinda regret this pairing, but I mate for life. Also I think if it had another couple of generations under it's belt it would look really nice

Sweetling x White Stripe - http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZJVMh --> I really like this muted sort of look

Sweetling x Hellfire - not entirely convinced, but it is a continuation of a lineage

Valentine x Purple - continuing and alternating stairstep, and actually is quite pretty)

Arsani x wrapping wings - Mostly to make a mate for one of my wrapping wings. Again already a mated pair (bred at Christmas) though I am a bit unsure of the colour combo really, but they are both shiny dragons

So that leaves me with a CB Arsani, that I will either mate with white, silver or a Shadow Walker (sorry but I really like Shadow Walkers OK, I wish I had an army of CB). I suspect it will end up being with white though. I also have a messy valentine that I probably won't breed.

Hoping really hard for limits to be lifted though!

I already had a look at the Valentines and possible partners for them. If the limits get lifted for Valentines as well, I'll try to get 2nd gens or 3rd + gen checkers from these pairings.

I wasn't really interested in Alt Sweetling offspring at first, as my scroll only shows the regular variant and I thought the color change looked horrible in lineages. But when looking at other breeds that can change colors drastically, I stumbled upon the Seasonals and immediately felt in love with this idea. I'll need to get my hands on two 2nd gen Sweetlings from Alt x Autumn for that, but I hope I can somehow trade for them. :3

I don't really know what to do with my own Valentines yet. I have one CB of every breed (the second slots are taken by frozen hatchies), so I'll either breed the 2nd gens from my list which I can't get via trade or in the AP or trade their offspring for list items (especially for the Alt Sweetling offspring).

I really, really hope the limits get lifted. Christmas was so much fun with all the hunting and trading. And my holidays begin next weekend, so I'd have plenty of time. :3

Oh wow, i really love the seasonal/sweetling idea!!

i might do my arasanis with my intended zombie candidates. if the limits are lifted. I'd love to get a valentine descended from a zombie. Otherwise, I think I'll do black or grey, as I'd love to see them maybe spawn some gorgeous checkers.

If bans are lifted, I'd love to get arasanis x black or grey, too. My other valentines I picked up were all checkers already, as I love working with even-gens. Though, I actually have a sweetling who's descended a shadow-walker...

annnnnnd edit in: my cat decided i was done with that. So, that sweetling might mate to a Shadow walker who has a sweetling-alt daddy! (like this)

Edited by girlgamerjen

Heartseeker x Blusang as an iou

Heartseeker x Solstice

Arsani x Bleeding Moon

Arsani x Gold maybe, I don't know yet

The rest is not CB so breedings may or may not occur.

Ooooh, goodness. Didn't even realize how gorgeous nebula (purple) x arasani would be.... LOOKIT THE EGGIE!. If someone donated an arasani x nebula valentine egg to me, I'd totally give them back checkered offspring in return! hehe.

Weeeell. Arsani is the only CB I have, and I haven't decided what to pair her with. Whatever the others on this thread don't choose. tongue.gif

Sweetling - ummm... start a stair with a terrae? I should ask around for someone to breed a 2nd-gen terrae so I can try for a little checker ohmy.gif

'09 and rosebud - probably any of the 3rd-gen dragons I have. No plans for these two otherwise

Heartseeker - I guess a CB nebula, or the poor guy won't get a mate, heh heh

Breeding Valentines is seriously complicated by the fact that most of them look good with everything. >8C

Auuugh, I know!

My lineaged dragons all have lovely intended mates this year, but I have to decide what to do with my CB Heartseekers and Arsanis.

Arsani: Nhiostrife? Purple Nebula? Gold? Tsunami? Blusang?

Heartseeker: omgidunnoeverything! Royal Blue? Golden Wyvern? Albino? Horse? Black Tea? Sunset? Grey? White? Whiptail? Magi? Royal Crimson?

How do I decide!???

I really need to get better mates for my 09s and Sweetlings.

Buffy needs a 2nd gen Pink with an 09 mom.

Dawn would probably be best with a 3rd gen PB Pink, so I can actually breed this match.

The Prince would be best with a 2nd gen Ember from a Sweetling dad.

Salt Water Tuffy has a Bright Pink mom, probably the hardest to find.

My newer Vals are all CB, and I promised to breed for someone, so I am waiting to see which breeds they choose. <3

ETA: I woke up this morning to the delivery of a beautiful Ember egg to match my Prince! Thank you so much! <3

Since I made this post, I was gifted two dragons, Olympic Lord Damasque, from olympe as a mate for Dawn, and The Beauty of Ithilien, from Mystic Halo as a mate for A Prince of Ithilien, so they will be producing some pretty even gens. Again, thank you for these beautiful dragons. wub.gif

I still need better mates for Buffy and Tuffy, (never realized their names matched until this post blink.gif ) but I did pair them last year, so at this point, that seems to be the plan.

I am still hoping to here from my planned giftee, but if I hear nothing, I will be breeding these combinations:

CB Rosebuds x CB Golds. Cecile Bruner and Carson Hill are an familiar old pairing, but this is Fibonacci's first Valentines, so I hope he and Rose Tyler Who do well together.

CB Heartseekers x CB Royal Crimsons. They were bred with Golden Wyverns last year, and I may come back to that next year, but the red of the RCs is a beautiful match, so I must start building even gens of this combination.

CB Arsani x ? I'm still working between Green Dragons, Terrae, Nhiostrife or Tri-horn Wyverns, with remote possibilities of Purple, Shadow Walkers or Silvers for the pairings.