Mystic_Halo

What are crossing your Valentines with?

I love seeing all of these knock-out combos! Hopefully I get lucky catching some purties in the AP. tongue.gif For me, anticipating the following pairings (siblings listed):

user posted image

Val '09 x SW checker

Val '09 x Pink with fun base

user posted image

Sweetling x SW checker, from Alt Sweetling base

Sweetling x Pink checker, from Bright Pink base

user posted image

Rosebud offspring from Jinsu Rose x Pristine Holly

Rosebud x SW checker

user posted image

CB Heartseeker x CB Water Walker

CB Heartseeker x ...?

user posted image

CB Arsani x CB Imperial Fleshcrowne

CB Arsani x CB Grey

smile.gif

I couldn't resist playing around in Photoshop...but it did NOT help me make up my mind! Thoughts?

user posted image

user posted image

Wow, okay, I have only just now started thinking about this. Eep.

I actually don't have a terribly large lot of options since I only have three Valentine dragons (a Sweetling, a Rosebud and an Arsani), and of those only the Arsani is CB, so the other two are going to be largely dictated by their lineages.

I've decided with the Arsani I'll be breeding with a Moonstone, which I think was suggested earlier in the thread. Only other one I considered was maybe a Royal Blue - maybe next year I'll do that.

The Rosebud has a Yulebuck father, so pretty much had to go with that. My own Yulebuck doesn't suit, but my Wrapping-Wing has a Rosebud mother, so I'm going with him. Might even try to do a VDay/Xmas-themed lineage at some point, if I can get some VDays with Xmas parents and vice-versa off the AP during the respective seasons.

The Sweetling is a bit of a puzzle though. His mother's a Red Dorsal, but I only have one RD and it's male. I've gone through my female dragons to see if I could find a nice 2G VDay cross, but no luck. Did find a Crimson with Silver mother and Moonstone with Gold mother, but neither of them really seem right. I'm also considering just leaving him for this year and mating him with the Arsani x Moonstone offspring next year, which just now is looking like the most probable.

My 09 Val (a third gen) will be paired with a red. (I'd love to get a second gen with a flamingo to pair with a second gen thuwed flamingo I have so I'll be trying to catch one of those).

Sweetling and Rosebud most likely with silvers

Heartseekers with Horse Dragons

Arsani - I'm not sure yet.

edit: Wasn't there some posts in the Solstice thread about pairing it with one of the Valentine dragons? I can't find pics right now but the sweetling might get paired with a Solstice.

Edited by rubyshoes

I've had some requests for specific combos so far, so I thought I would share for anyone interested.

Valentine x Terrae

user posted image x user posted image

Gold x Heartseeker

Rosebud x Yulebuck

I'm crazy for the Terrae x Sweetling myself.

^Ah, Sweetling x Terrae. Good times, good times xd.png

-------------------------

The only valentines I have plans for are the Heartseekers. They will both be bred with Spitfires.

...because I want an EG with them and Ultraviolets at some point (next year yasss) laugh.gif

And maybe a Rosebud x Purple Nebula pairing. The rest, I dunno. I was going to open request and breed with whatever people want me to breed haha.

oh my god heartseekerxsolstice is gorgeous. Then arsanixnhiostrife because also gorgeous.

All my other ones already have mates ready.

Heartseeker x Horse looks amazing. And I am really liking Arsani with Gray.

I think for most of these I will just see what I can catch from the AP that looks good and try to go with those, since there are so many lovely combinations I could be happy with.

I got my first and only CB Silver recently, a male, and now I'm thinking of maybe breeding one of my Rosebuds to him... but I'm not sure. I'd prefer the 2009 Valentine with Silver but I don't have a CB of that. xd.png

Seriously...seriously...help me decide! I've narrowed it down to only, um, 14 options for each? Hahaha!

user posted image

I'm doing [for my CBs only, anything with a lineage i'm just going to continue]:

Arsani X Blacktip

Arsani X Blusang

and

HeartSeeker X Albino

HearSeeker X ??

and I think I'm going to keep one of each breeding =3

Edited by Sirithiliel

Seriously...seriously...help me decide! I've narrowed it down to only, um, 14 options for each? Hahaha!

My $0.02 - I'd say definitely Heartseeker x Sunset. For the Arsanis though... yeah, that's trickier. My favourites would be either Ice or Tsunami - I got the impression from somewhere that quite a few people are going with Tsunami, though, so Ice might be a more unusual option?

Hope that helps a bit. smile.gif

I've decided I'm going to keep an egg from each breeding too, just because I'm a bit sentimental and don't like parting with my dragons' offspring, especially firstborns.

If you're looking for egg swaps, Heartseeker x Solstice seems to be a popular combination. I also like Royal Blue, GW and Sunset.

I can't help you with the Arsanis though, my favourite wasn't in your list and I don't want to give you even more ideas. xd.png

@Kelkelen: I love Arsani x Ice and Arsani x Royal Blue the most *might have a thing for pink & blue lineages though*

And out of those pairings, a Golden Wyvern or a Red Nebula for the Heartseeker xd.png

My $0.02 - I'd say definitely Heartseeker x Sunset. For the Arsanis though... yeah, that's trickier. My favourites would be either Ice or Tsunami - I got the impression from somewhere that quite a few people are going with Tsunami, though, so Ice might be a more unusual option?

Hope that helps a bit.  smile.gif

I've decided I'm going to keep an egg from each breeding too, just because I'm a bit sentimental and don't like parting with my dragons' offspring, especially firstborns.

:-D Thanks for the two cents! Yeah, browsing threads, it seems that Tsunami x Arsani is a popular option. I might be able to catch one of those, and breed my own differently. Purple Nebula reeeally complements Arsani well, too! I like Ice x Arsani, but I like Ice even more with Rosebuds -- more catching goals!

I do very much like Heartseeker x Sunset. Haven't really seen it around the boards before, but it's so rich and vivid and warm. Maybe I'll do one with Sunset, and one with Harvest, and again try to catch the other pretty combinations that are more common.

Like Royal Blue. I love Royal Blues. With everything. With both of these breeds. With Val '09s. With Shadow Walkers. With GWs. So, hopefully everyone *else* will use Royal Blues, and I can just be lurking around to catch the goods!

6 hours! Eek! It's midnight here...I'll go to bed and when I wake up... Valentine's Dragon time!

Edited by Kelkelen

I think I finally managed to decide what I want to breed mine with.

My Val '09s & Sweetlings are 2nd Gens so I'll be continuing their lineages for 3rd Gen checkers.

For the others:

Rosebud x Nhiostrife

Rosebud x Ice

Heartseeker x Hellfire

Heartseeker x Cavern Lurker

Arsani x Terrae

Arsani x Silver

Kelkelen - Heartseeker x Horse or Harvest has my vote. Horse because of similar poses, Harvest for the color. Sunset looks pretty good though, not gonna lie.

Had a few more requests I thought I'd share for interested parties.

Albino x Heartseeker.

White x Alt. Sweetling (meh. Not a favorite.) and alt. sweet x Speckle-throated.

user posted image x user posted image x user posted image

I see a buncha debate about those silly Arsani. I have been advised by another breeder to cross them with grays. The reason is that both sprites are holding something in their paws so it would match up some of the few breeds with props.

Don't know if that helps settle anyone's mind, but it's a definite combo for me. I'm also really surprised how attracted I am to the Arsani with Coastal Waverunners. Weird 0_o

...When coppers breed to holidays, do the holidays really have a biome? would it matter which biome i picked them up in, or will they just breed true to the copper?

I'd love to build an arsani x copper checker, but i really cant recall what biome i picked my arsanis up in. =/

I paired...

Arsani x Fleshcrowne (I really like this one!)

Arsani X Ice

Heartseeker X Black Tea

Heartseeker X Horse

Rosebud X Moonstone

(Haven't decided the second pair yet)

Sweetling X Tan Ridgewing

Sweetling X Silver

'09 X Red

Hunting the ap for an 09 X Black Tea pairing, since I can't make one myself.

...When coppers breed to holidays, do the holidays really have a biome? would it matter which biome i picked them up in, or will they just breed true to the copper?

I'd love to build an arsani x copper checker, but i really cant recall what biome i picked my arsanis up in. =/

Yes, the biome matters. Your best bet will be to breed your own Arsani's and keep an egg from each and then do trades for the correct color Copper after the Holiday event is over.

For the CBs I have, I have paired them:

Arsani x Golden Wyvern

Arsani x Moonstone

Heartseeker x Rosebud [Nicknamed "Sweet Rose" Lineage]

Heartseeker x Royal Crimson

Rosebud x Black Tea

I'd like to see someone go with Heartseeker x Royal Crimson. (lmao! I type too slow. xXAngelicEvilXx you are now a hero in my books for this and the Rosebud x Black Tea *swoons*)

For something more complicated, maybe try breeding a large checkerboard of Soulpeace x Rosebud. Just mate the CB Rosebuds to same color as whatever the Soulpeace's father is. Dunno, I can see it in my head but I can't quite describe it. Also UV's for Rosebud alts. Maybe vice-versa lol

Edited by LadyWolfHeart

I'd like to see someone go with Heartseeker x Royal Crimson. (lmao! I type too slow. xXAngelicEvilXx you are now a hero in my books for this and the Rosebud x Black Tea *swoons*)

I just managed a trade for a Heartseeker x Royal Crimson, and will breed my Heartseekers for that pattern on the 14th, if I do not hear from the person I promised to breed.

If anyone wants to swap, I'll probably catch a post pretty quick here if my inbox happens to fill up.

With the first 4 Valentines I didn't really pay much attention to mates except a Sweetling and Solstice that looks pretty together.

I'm still debating what to do with my Heartseekers and Arsanis....