Mystic_Halo

What are crossing your Valentines with?

Thinking of going with:

Val 09 x Tan Ridgewing

2nd gen Sweets will continue their lineages.

Rose x Thunder

Heartseeker x Red & Heartseeker x Red Nebula

And Arsanis x Ice & Arsanis x SW

Yep, that's my plans at the moment.

Edited by Nekomata12

I don't plan on breeding any previous Valentines, although I do have a lovely 2nd gen Rosebud from a Black Tea x Rosebud couple(quite handsome)!

I'd love to see Heartseeker x Royal Crimson, that sounds gorgeous. And I think a Seasonal Spring x Rosebud would be a cute flowery pairing.

I bred my first gen sweetling to a solstice, and made a GW stair from rosebuds. I only have four valentine dragons though, and one of them is really messy but I bred him anyway:/

Some last minute ideas I had for Valentines x more recent dragons.

Rosebuds:

rQDg8HH.png psSyH1l.png 

7CyeG8l.png jo2iCkD.png

OsTxefC.png

Heartseekers:

XoDW4Sv.png nrlPDCt.png 

BxBpnX4.png 6BbzyiC.png

gcDt763.png C5yYwsf.png 

wQZSDtk.png PWEuPCE.png 

hVTAo8A.png KhT6Zet.png 

5yUqa5A.png

Radiant Angels:

TYxOfEA.png f5NuLY1.png 

BQdck31.png b7IHDYT.png

iO4cwEO.png msQ0pkq.png 

Heartstealers:

V1m29fr.png ORdGIMS.png 

5AO3CfR.png 0GXynWR.png

jdfGmE1.png

Mutamores:

image.png.0929cce58503b365b7fd7c475d7949f7.png OOLImt7.png 

JsOPMpC.png

Edited by lovecats99

My only CBs are Rosebuds and Heartseekers, Rosebuds are going with Shadow Walkers (even though holiday x holiday is a pain) and vine, while Heartseekers I'm doing with Black Zyus and I'm trying Red as well, although I haven't decided if I like how that looks yet. Looking forward to picking up some pretty ones in the AP as well! (Also these images are just confirming my belief that Blue Fire Gems go with everything and that I should hoard them more).

1 hour ago, lovecats99 said:

*snip*

Mutamores:

AVBfPY0.png 

Pssst...Mutamores are earth element, so they would produce a Green Spinel. I was going to do this too until I realized it would be an "imperfect" checker :)

I'm breeding all of my CBs for gifts this year, so someone else chose the mates. So far it looks like I'll be breeding: Soulpeace x Spinel, Soulpeace x Monarch, Mutamore x Celestial, and Mutamore x Aria.

9 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

Pssst...Mutamores are earth element, so they would produce a Green Spinel. I was going to do this too until I realized it would be an "imperfect" checker :)

I'm breeding all of my CBs for gifts this year, so someone else chose the mates. So far it looks like I'll be breeding: Soulpeace x Spinel, Soulpeace x Monarch, Mutamore x Celestial, and Mutamore x Aria.

Oops. Ah well that's a shame. Here's an updated version for it but I think it looks kinda okay.

image.png.6af503ac237686d84e8c50cfcfa1b929.png

Edited by lovecats99

12 hours ago, lovecats99 said:

~snip~

0GXynWR.png

Ooooh yes, I love this! I only have Mutamores and Soulstones as CB, but hopefully I'll be able to collect the rest on this event ^_^ I'm breeding my Soulstones with Scripts and Mutamores with Diamondwings!

Soulstones with Aria and Silver, Radiant Angel with Red Gemshard, Orange Pyralsprite, Solstice and Astrapi. Mutamore with Bleeding Moon, Indigo Lunar Herald, Sapphire, Heartstealer with green Nebula and Dorsal, Heartseeker with blue Fire Gem and Magma. 

At least possibles for this year.

Mostly concentrating on my two long term checks, val09 x stripe and sweetling x blue neb

With the Val09's I'll be breeding myself a 6g sibling to This, to pair with the 6g blue neb I can breed up next year, to give me 7g in 2019, and I'm now building another 2 groups up too,  to eventually do 8g...only 12 more 2gs to get.. (6val 6stripe) 😲

With the sweetlings, it's all more up in the air, I'll be able to do one 6g, from this 5g but building the blue neb 6g partner to hit 7g in 2019 depends on 1 of 2 last minute nebulas colouring correctly.. talk about cutting it fine, ones not quite hatched yet!! 8g for that one only needs another 20 (10sweetling 10blueneb) x 2gs.. 🤪😲😲😲

I do have a spin off check from the 2g colour fail nebs too, designed to have alternating red and blue neb with sweetling, that one should hit 5g in 2020

With all that going on, plus breeding the odd one here and there for a trade, probably breeding my female CB holly to something.. and catching stuff.. I don't think I'll have space to do much else!

Nerys

Edited by nerys

Speaking of new breeds, I'm doing green fire gems with the purple female VDays from last year. If anyone wants some new fire gem/Vday blood after the holiday, hit me up! I have a 90% success rate in breeding fire gems at the right times, and a 10% chance of "it's the game's fault not mine, honest".

I don't have any Valentine dragons since I have only been playing for about 2 months, but I am hoping to get some Soulstone's to cross with Candelabra.  I think they will go really nice together.

I'm curious, do you normally go into a holiday event with all your egg slots available?

Yeah, I usually do. And, since there is a possibility of getting a rerelease for previous breeds I would highly recommend doing so.

I've given more thought to what I'm going to pair my probable new CBs with than what to do about my already existing dragons. I think Soulstones look best with mates of softer tones on the gold side, like Gold Heralds, Albinos, Bolts, Arias, etc. The biggest challenge I face each February is Heartstealer mating, since they're my favorite Valentines. I demand innovation of myself, but the colors mustn't clash, either. I was thinking Black (for which I have a trade arranged), Anagallis, Carmine, Moonstone, or Waverunner.

Edited by Sesshomaru

I recently saw a mockup of Heartstealing with Tetra, and it stole my heart XD

edit: oh wait, it's just a couple of posts above! :lol:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I've been asked to breed a heartstealer with a holly, so keep an eye out for babies from me. :3

I've always liked to pick mates for holiday dragons but now I don't bother breeding them anymore.

However, for Valentine's I mostly like dark green or other dark (especially blue) dragons to get a nice contrast. Almeralds work nicely with many of the Valentine breeds, also purple Nebula, Neotropicals and Anagallis.

Probably my favourite pairs are Soulstone x Blacktip https://dragcave.net/progeny/QLuCFand Sweetling x Spirit Ward https://dragcave.net/progeny/Ltz0v