TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

I hope to see more nice EG prizes, so you people should work on that instead of just stairsteps!

The owner of a cb Bronze Tinsel from a past raffle and I are talking about an even-gen project, maybe we'll do something with Thunders and Terraes... :-)

The owner of a cb Bronze Tinsel from a past raffle and I are talking about an even-gen project, maybe we'll do something with Thunders and Terraes... :-)

Yes, do it! I wanna see pretties. o3o

B'awwww. D: *pats*

Yahhh, I kind of feel this way, too. I mean, it's not true of every 2g Shimmer / Tinsel, at least not at the start, but things get that way pretty quickly. New winners meet their quota of CB Rares and lose interest in anything but 2gs from other Prizes / Spriter's Alts, and there's so few winners in relation to the rest of the community that it's hard enough to get on a list even when they are open. I offered 4 CB Metals (2 Gold / 2 Silver), a 2g Holly, and a 2g Thuwed respectively with no luck... and I saw people offering even more than that for days, which again suggests no use.

Whereas before, the rarest things were CB Metals, Neglecteds, and 2g Hollies... which are hard to obtain, sure, but feel possible. Anyone can catch the former or create the second, and the last ones multiclutch, so there's always a shot there, too.

Eh. I realize we can still get the sprites and such, but DC is a collecting game first and foremost, so it's always a bit sad to see nice things dangling overhead that you'll never be able to collect. X___x

I got on a 2nd Gen Shimmer list by catching Speckle Throats when they were a new release. Unfortunately, that person hasn't been on in a long time and I'm probably screwed, LMAO. I really loved that line/particular Shimmer but ah. At least I know it's not always the case. ^-^; It could have just been because everyone was assuming the Speckleds were the new metallics but still.

I can understand the disappointment factor. But, there's always next year? :3

Was it by any chance the Gold Shimmer with the 50+ long list? If so I'm in the same boat with ya xd.png

And yah, there are exceptions (my one and only 2g Prize was bought for 9 CB Trios), but it's still a rough scenario. The only way to get on lists usually seems to be PMing every winner you spot within the first day or two, which in turn creates pressure on the winners and leaves all the more patient people flat out of luck.

Better luck to both of us next year, but my hopes still aren't too high X'D

Aww got back to "You're not as bubbly as April!" :'( I can be friendly.... :'( I... I really can...

Ahhh angelic, you're blowing my cover! xd.png

EDIT: Off to shower -3-

I sent you a PM, hope you read it with a smile.gif face not a sad.gif face.

I've been on for a little over three years and this is the first raffle ticket I've ever gotten. xd.png No win, but congrats to the winners.

I don't have anything valuable on my scroll and I can't even trade for valuable things anymore because everyone wants a 2nd Gen Shimmer. The only way to break through the barrier is to win and that probably won't happen anytime soon for me. sad.gif

I hope TJ follows the suggestion for more raffles through the year, I don't think this small increase in winners changed much at all :c

And perhaps our other suggestions as well? That would be great smile.gif

Will I ever win?

Oh well, Congrats to the winners! biggrin.gif

If there is inactive winners i can win. I still have a (small) change.

You only have chances at a HM. If you read the first post, you'll see that winners have an option of bumping up their prizes if some winners don't answer.

I wonder... What they will look like next year! I am gonna try again next year and the all the years after that!

Just don't get hopes too high - there is a slim chance someone may not claim and then you may win but you won't be able to predict it

I got on a 2nd Gen Shimmer list by catching Speckle Throats when they were a new release. Unfortunately, that person hasn't been on in a long time and I'm probably screwed, LMAO. I really loved that line/particular Shimmer but ah. At least I know it's not always the case. ^-^; It could have just been because everyone was assuming the Speckleds were the new metallics but still.

Was it by any chance the Gold Shimmer with the 50+ long list? If so I'm in the same boat with ya xd.png

And yah, there are exceptions (my one and only 2g Prize was bought for 9 CB Trios), but it's still a rough scenario. The only way to get on lists usually seems to be PMing every winner you spot within the first day or two, which in turn creates pressure on the winners and leaves all the more patient people flat out of luck.

It's not always about pming during day or two @ winner tongue.gif I got mine as gift...but then again... I guess getting that is even smaller than what u get by pming in day or 2...

And perhaps our other suggestions as well? That would be great smile.gif

Yes! He seems to have implemented the return of the tinsels, so I think he's been reading them at least ^^ I also liked the multiclutches idea but I know it would generate a lot of... rage too.

@ADP: Go ahead and steal my idea! >:c It's not really that bad lol.

Ha, pretty much me here. I can't bring myself to PM winners out of the blue. I might do it if they explicitly said they have open lists, but I'm not lucky enough to catch them in time. So I've just resigned myself to the fact that I probably won't get 2Gens. xd.png

I hope to see more nice EG prizes, so you people should work on that instead of just stairsteps!

Yeah, I have pretty much done the same, I know I won't ever get a 2nd gen, Tinsel or Shimmer. Even if I were to catch their lists in time, I have nothing of value to offer anyway. :shrug:

OT: Your avatar! Vinyl Scratch FTW. Not a huge MLP fan, but I like her.

Edited by Allspice

Omg yes. xd.png; I'm sorry about that! *pats*

Aww, great deal. :3 I'm glad you got one~

Yeah. I just can't seem to draw myself to do that - to heckle people solely for something from them. It's not really a pride thing, but I just feel really low and ashamed to do it - begging someone for something they don't have to give up ( they hold all the cards, really ) just out of the blue when I've never talked to them before.. It's not particularly kind, I don't think. D: To me it just sounds like "I only know you exist now because you have something I want!"

If it was someone I talked through all out the year, I would ask in passing.

But, the ones who didn't win have a new advantage with these monthly releases - who knows? A winner may need someone to catch release eggs because they're busy or just want a ton of them. The rumors of "omg, new metallic/rare dragon!!1!" really help out, because then everyone wants to get help hoarding them in exchange for trades. xd.png

Aww. <3 Well, at the very least, I hope the year of 2014 itself will be of good luck for us. ^-^

You only have chances at a HM. If you read the first post, you'll see that winners have an option of bumping up their prizes if some winners don't answer.

Yup, there's a picture about what you see if you won

http://tinypic.com/r/ffd4c1/5

as you see, it has a bump option (pic from dragcave non offical fb group)

Who won and will happily gift/trade me 2 Gen? Pls PM me.

~Removed~ don't want to because he/she wanted to make it inbred or something.

~Do not call members out on the forum.~

Edited by _Z_

Yup, there's a picture about what you see if you won

http://tinypic.com/r/ffd4c1/5

as you see, it has a bump option (pic from dragcave non offical fb group)

I'm actually apart of that FB group and that was my special Asian friend posting that c:

@Danger: I said I was going to make an Inbred checker with my prize, hunting down for 2g prizes, not my thing. e_e; but that'd only be with 2 dragons since it's only one I have in mind, plus I did say I'm pretty undecided on what I'll do with the rest of my offspring. e_e

Aww got back to "You're not as bubbly as April!" :'( I can be friendly.... :'( I... I really can...

tongue.gif

I'm actually apart of that FB group and that was my special Asian friend posting that c:

@Danger: I said I was going to make an Inbred checker with my prize, hunting down for 2g prizes, not my thing. e_e; but that'd only be with 2 dragons since it's only one I have in mind, plus I did say I'm pretty undecided on what I'll do with the rest of my offspring. e_e

Sorry, then i must have misread it.

...i hope some day i get to see that screen in reality and able to click and type stuff, instead of seeing a picture of it.

a part of me reeeally wants an alt colored cb stripe...