TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

Well, I didn't win. No surprise there. I was hoping for the lineage opportunities, but oh well. Hopefully with the slightly larger number I can get some lineage dreams eventually. tongue.gif

Congratz to all the winners!

WOOT, congrats to winners! (is it just me, or does it seem like this happened faster this year? It's only the 12th!)

I was too impatient to try to find a post that explained what the eastern/westerns were so I looked it up in the wiki, lol. (Seriously I'm totally clueless about that. No idea what the difference is in terms of sprite-looks, although I think certain physical characteristics play a role, right?)

WOOT, congrats to winners! (is it just me, or does it seem like this happened faster this year? It's only the 12th!)

I was too impatient to try to find a post that explained what the eastern/westerns were so I looked it up in the wiki, lol. (Seriously I'm totally clueless about that. No idea what the difference is in terms of sprite-looks, although I think certain physical characteristics play a role, right?)

well in westerns just think of murican dragons and eastern think of chinese dragons make it for me xd.png

The chances of getting a 2nd gen prize offspring is slim, winning is even slimmer. *Sigh* If only there was a way that at least one percent of the people who participated could win, and not a solid number.

Congrats to the lucky winners!

I just keep hoping I will be good enough at catching things that people actually want to get a 2nd gen prize dragon. I would -never- ever PM a prize winner and harass them to ask for one. That feels so wrong to me. I have never done it and never will. I'm sort of shy anyway so I have a hard time PMing people about trades to begin with. >_>

Congrats to everyone who one this year! I am truly happy for you all and I bet it's going to be a long 2 weeks waiting for that egg to show up on your scroll! biggrin.gif

I just keep hoping I will be good enough at catching things that people actually want to get a 2nd gen prize dragon. I would -never- ever PM a prize winner and harass them to ask for one. That feels so wrong to me. I have never done it and never will. I'm sort of shy anyway so I have a hard time PMing people about trades to begin with. >_>

Congrats to everyone who one this year! I am truly happy for you all and I bet it's going to be a long 2 weeks waiting for that egg to show up on your scroll! biggrin.gif

If it's early on, people will sometimes go for trades of large numbers of commons or uncommons. As long as the person doesn't have "no PMs / list closed" or something along that line in their sig or profile, it can't hurt to shoot a PM suggesting some options of what you can do. smile.gif

The chances of getting a 2nd gen prize offspring is slim, winning is even slimmer. *Sigh* If only there was a way that at least one percent of the people who participated could win, and not a solid number.

I agree. It'd be nice to have a -chance-, ya know? I'm happy for the winners, I really am. But I can't help but wish it'd have been me. There still are just too few winners for the DC population.

Snowball in a really hot place that shall not be named. (Yes, the Sahara desert tongue.gif)

If it's early on, people will sometimes go for trades of large numbers of commons or uncommons. As long as the person doesn't have "no PMs / list closed" or something along that line in their sig or profile, it can't hurt to shoot a PM suggesting some options of what you can do. smile.gif

I'm just not that brave. lol I am an artist though! Maybe I'll offer to draw stuff too in addition to catching all the things! for a 2G. xd.png

*Holds up a sign.* "WILL WORK FOR EGGS!"

-trade offer removed- Edited by rubyshoes

It is really great that some of the winners wrote here in this Thread thank you for letting us know who is one of the lucky ones. smile.gif

I still hope that TJ will change the raffle one day and every user will get an prize dragon just a normal/common colour for the non winners and the prize colours for ones who won with custom code, it is still something special for those who won, but the others are not sad because they got something too, it is the best solution in my opinion.

Congratulations to all the winners! I am not one of you. wink.gif

Sincere condolences to all those who did not win! Yes, I was of course disappointed for a moment or two, but since I never expected to win anyway I guess I got over it pretty quickly. Others seem to be having a harder time with it and I am truly sorry that they feel that way.

I was glad to see more prizes this year and glad to see that Tinsels were back on the list. I think more prizes would be better, but to be honest I don't think some people would be satisfied no matter how many prizes there are.

I was glad to be able to participate in a very enjoyable holiday event. Thanks to TJ and all the artists and others who made that possible.

(And there is always next year! wink.gif Hope does spring eternal.)

It is really great that some of the winners wrote here in this Thread thank you for letting us know who is one of the lucky ones. smile.gif

I still hope that TJ will change the raffle one day and every user will get an prize dragon just a normal/common colour for the non winners and the prize colours for ones who won with custom code, it is still something special for those who won, but the others are not sad because they got something too, it is the best solution in my opinion.

White/goldish shimmer wud be uber cool *-*

Congratz to the winners! ^o^ I'd really love a 2gen shimmer so if someone is interested i can offer...i can offer....ok don't have nothing interesting ....what about my soul? i kinda got tired of it LOOOL :') *cries*

Now leaving DC due to unfair/unbalanced raffle/trading.

That's not the way to go. Instead of quitting, you should fight for what is fair and defend your position in the suggestions forum, else things will just remain the same

I'm not sure I understand why people get so upset about this or say it isn't balanced or fair...does anyone ever play the lottery? Or enter raffles elsewhere? That 150 people were chosen is pretty good considering some raffles only draw 3 winners out of millions.....

It is pretty fair and balanced. That's the idea behind a raffle.

Edited by IvoryRaven15

That's not the way to go. Instead of quitting, you should fight for what is fair and defend your position in the suggestions forum, else things will just remain the same

Let them go. One less for the next raffle... Yes, I'm evil.

Issues with that:

A)My experience with suggestions is that they never get accepted.

B)Not having the crazy prize trade values would kind of require a lot of CB prize owners to actually change.And yes,I know that they can do what they want with them.

C)I have a really bad headache which I've randomly got.