TJ09

2014-01-12 - Holiday Raffle

Lol wow really? That person must have some seriously good luck!! biggrin.gif

Right? xd.png If that happened to me, I would just die. I'm honestly not even sure I'd be able to keep it - I'd probably let my younger brother have it.

The odds are pretty wonky, I think. There are three people who play DC in my family and no wins. Though, I believe strongly that every time someone doesn't win, their chance of winning rises. Even if that's illogical, I still think it can't hurt to feel that way. :>

Nobody won twice. One of the tinsel winners arranged a trade for a Holly. In a process of bumping up prizes that Holly turned out to be a Shimmer.

End of story.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Nobody won twice. One of the tinsel winners arranged a trade for a Holly. In a process of bumping up prizes that Holly turned out to be a Shimmer.

End of story.

Thank you for clarifying

Congratulations to all of the winners!

The event was fun, thank you TJ for making it happen, as well as everyone else who was involved biggrin.gif

I do wonder how many players DC has right now though?

"Sorry, you were not selected as a winner in the 2013 Holiday Raffle."

*cries*

Congratulations to all of the winners!

The event was fun, thank you TJ for making it happen, as well as everyone else who was involved biggrin.gif

I do wonder how many players DC has right now though?

Active or inactive? There's certainly a difference in those numbers. D:

I won this year...So excited biggrin.gif Shimmers are gorgeous, and now one will be mine.

Congrats! You might want to read this guide for advice on managing prize dragons. smile.gif

Active or inactive? There's certainly a difference in those numbers. D:

Congratulation to all winners!

No price for me rolleyes.gif I'am hopefully waiting for next year or if someone like to surprise me with a 2nd gen. ^^

There are a lot of prices and I thougt 150 winners are great. But over 500 very active members, who try to get a 2nd gendered Price-Dragon by sending messages, are much more impressive. ninja.gif

Yes, now we are nearly a thousand really active players and thousends of listed members are waiting for news.

Thank-you, TJ and all the artists who worked so hard to create such a lovely creative event.

I am glad I did not win as I would not want to deal with all the notoriety and hassle that comes with it. Not worth it to me since I just like to play the game, not the politics.

Congratulations to the winners, both of the Raffle and those who enjoyed the event for its own sake.

I won this year...So excited biggrin.gif Shimmers are gorgeous, and now one will be mine.

Nice, congratulations hun! ^.^

Just thought it would be interesting to look at the stats from the 2010 Contest from TJ's result post in January of 2011:

2,292,711 votes submitted

1,289,799 ornaments given out

24035 trees decorated

8275 trees submitted

18,004 "10's"

Average Vote: 3.74

Highest Tree Score: 6.23

Each tree received at least 277 votes

That means there were at least 24,035 active members during the course of the 2010 contest. The Submission process was a little unclear to some players, and others simply couldn't get back on in time to submit their trees which is the difference between the 24,000 trees and the 8,275 that were finally submitted. The confusion resulted in the raffle that has been in use for the 2011, 2012 and 2013 contests, each with a larger player base than the previous year.

The site has grown considerably since then, although TJ has not put out stats on the later raffles, or if he did, I've missed them. :-)

I tried to search this but no luck so... tongue.gif

If you get chosen when the raffles are redrawn(If people don't reply to the email), Can you only receive a HM or can you receive an actual Prize Dragon?

Congrats to the winners!!

It was a GREAT holiday event. Thank you to all involved biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Grats to the winners, wish I had been one of them D:

I tried to search this but no luck so... tongue.gif

If you get chosen when the raffles are redrawn(If people don't reply to the email), Can you only receive a HM or can you receive an actual Prize Dragon?

Someone not responding means that everyone who won already gets bumped up. Unless there are MANY people who don't respond, you are not going to be bumped up enough to be eligible for a prize dragon; the most you can get is the HM. Hope this helps. ^.^ <3

Just out of interest, why is everyone congratulating the winners? All they did was get lucky.

If someone won the lottery, I'd still tell them congratulations. xd.png

Just out of interest, why is everyone congratulating the winners? All they did was get lucky.

Why not? It's just a kind gesture and I'm glad people still have that in them.

Someone not responding means that everyone who won already gets bumped up. Unless there are MANY people who don't respond, you are not going to be bumped up enough to be eligible for a prize dragon; the most you can get is the HM. Hope this helps. ^.^ <3

Yep. More than 30 people would have to not respond for someone to have a chance at a Bronze prize (assuming all HM winners choose to accept a higher value prize). It could happen, but I doubt it's worth holding breath over!

@Alex Chessmaster: Because it costs nothing to be polite? And a great stoke of luck is worth congratulating?

Edited by Amazon_warrior