TJ09

2013-12-27 - Holiday Event Encore!

I'm now level fifty.

Need. Moar. SPAAAAAAACE!

Please? xd.png

Edited by Gluria

So do I have to get to level 50 now to take part in the raffle? -.- I have important insurance related stuff to mess with today... I didn't want to mess with my digital snow fort anymore I thought I was done. But if I have to mess with it more to get my place in the raffle I guess I'm going to have to make time.

So do I have to get to level 50 now to take part in the raffle? -.- I have important insurance related stuff to mess with today... I didn't want to mess with my digital snow fort anymore I thought I was done. But if I have to mess with it more to get my place in the raffle I guess I'm going to have to make time.

TJ says the raffle level is still 25. If you got there, you have a ticket. No need to do more unless you want more fun.

If you read the first post, you'd know that you are still in the raffle on level 25 wink.gif

The new levels have no effect on the raffle!

edit: ninja.gif

Edited by Gluria

Instead of raging at something you should really start by reading the first post

Note that this doesn't affect raffle participation at all:

Anyone who reaches level 25 or higher will have one entry into the raffle.

More details on that will be announced later.

I love the colored ice bricks and other new items! Now I'm going to start all over again on another fort, after I save a screen shot of the first one. (Thanks for the idea!)

I have a question that I'm not sure where to find the answer. When clicking on any snow fort items, there is a number next to a snowball that is the price of the item. Underneath it is a heart with a number. What does it mean?

I have a question that I'm not sure where to find the answer. When clicking on any snow fort items, there is a number next to a snowball that is the price of the item. Underneath it is a heart with a number. What does it mean?

That's the number of HP the item will give you.

I was going to type out an explanation about how I didn't realize there was a new holiday topic due to the fact it has almost the same character count as the old one and that my brain sometimes reads one topic as another one if the character count is the same like that, but I doubt anyone here would be understanding about it. Doesn't help that when I clicked the topic the thing that automatically sends me to the 'newest page' I haven't read yet brought me to the last page here, I had no way of knowing this was a new topic.

Please work out issues you have with other users privately via PM.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Thanks for being rude to me, though. I'll take a hint and just avoid posting in the forums or something then. sad.gif

I doubt the people who responded really intended to be rude to you. It is just that many people get impatient and annoyed when the same question comes up repeatedly. They may not think about all the reasons it may happen.

I was going to type out an explanation about how I didn't realize there was a new holiday topic due to the fact it has almost the same character count as the old one and that my brain sometimes reads one topic as another one if the character count is the same like that, but I doubt anyone here would be understanding about it. Doesn't help that when I clicked the topic the thing that automatically sends me to the 'newest page' I haven't read yet brought me to the last page here, I had no way of knowing this was a new topic.

Thanks for being rude to me, though. I'll take a hint and just avoid posting in the forums or something then. sad.gif

Sorry if I sounded rude to you, but honestly I thought you were being rude yourself. I don't know, it was something the spriters and TJ worked together so we could have more fun after reaching the max level, it just doesn't feel right when people come in here assuming TJ is stupid enough to "change the game's rules" and complain about having to "work" more (it took me literally 3 minutes to reach lvl50, you can just keep F5'ing non-stop on the same attack page, plus you have until January 2nd).

Again, I apologize for sounding rude, I didn't mean to. The three people that replied to your post simply told you to chill and read the first post, none of us were attempting to be rude or to stop you from postin in the forum

Edited by LaHaine

I discovered the fort's new upgrade last night when pelting a random fort with snow. I had to check my eyes when I saw their wall was rainbow instead of normal ice blocks. Then I saw they had a wooden log cabin with candy cane lights and I realized that new features had been added. It took me not even five minutes to go from level 25 to level 50, thanks to the 400+ snowballs I had saved since reaching level 25 and I had a total blast re-designing my fort!

I loved it before, but now it's even more awesome! Thanks for the added stuff TJ and spriters as well as the new eggs, I caught two of 'em! happy.gif

I wish we could make multiple forts; these new items are tempting, but I had been content with my fort before. Now I feel tempted to start over, but after putting in so much careful planning for the first one? Not going to happen.

Definitely a nice surprise! I stuck with an ice theme, but now my fort is twice as spiky and inhospitable-looking. And I have an ice palace instead of the big cinder block as the main building. happy.gif

Sorry if I sounded rude to you, but honestly I thought you were being rude yourself. I don't know, it was something the spriters and TJ worked together so we could have more fun after reaching the max level, it just doesn't feel right when people come in here assuming TJ is stupid enough to "change the game's rules" and complain about having to "work" more (it took me literally 3 minutes to reach lvl50, you can just keep F5'ing non-stop on the same attack page, plus you have until January 2nd).

Again, I apologize for sounding rude, I didn't mean to. The three people that replied to your post simply told you to chill and read the first post, none of us were attempting to be rude or to stop you from postin in the forum

Frankly, it didn't sound to me as though the person was 'raging', lol, which was a term used to describe that person, who just sounded tired and discouraged, having a lot of stuff to tackle and little time/energy to spare.

Sometimes if we perceive things differently than intended and respond according to that perception, we can wind up using terms which aren't appropriate to the actual situation and may be hurtful to others.

Speaking as one of the legion of sleep-derived DC insomniacs, I often find it helpful (when I remember or am not too tired to see straight, lol,) to re-reread a comment prior to posting anything, and may find that I've (again, lol) misread/misunderstood something...

Luckily, I'm used to feeling like an idiot, laugh.gif but I'd really rather not wind up hurting anyone's feelings, and I'm sure that most of us feel the same.

So it might be nice for us to try to more often remember to first re-read posts we might feel are rude, before posting something that may appear rude or dismissive of someone already unhappy.

There are real people, with we know not what burdens to bear, on the other side of those posts...

Edit: sorry to hear about your sucky day, LaHaine, hope it improves!

Edited by Syphoneira

Frankly, it didn't sound to me as though the person was 'raging', lol, which was a term used to describe that person, who just sounded tired and discouraged, having a lot of stuff to tackle and little time/energy to spare.

Sometimes if we perceive things differently than intended and respond according to that perception, we can wind up using terms which aren't appropriate to the actual situation and may be hurtful to others.

Speaking as one of the legion of sleep-derived DC insomniacs, I often find it helpful (when I remember or am not too tired to see straight, lol,) to re-reread a comment prior to posting anything, and may find that I've (again, lol) misread/misunderstood something...

Luckily, I'm used to feeling like an idiot,  laugh.gif  but I'd really rather not wind up hurting anyone's feelings, and I'm sure that most of us feel the same.

So it might be nice for us to try to more often remember to first re-read posts we might feel are rude, before posting something that may appear rude or dismissive of someone already unhappy.

There are real people, with we know not what burdens to bear, on the other side of those posts...

The person was obviously annoyed. When I told him/her to chill, I wasn't trying to be rude or hurt his/her feelings at all (how is it rude to tell someone to calm down and read the first post?). I'm having a bad day too just like many other people and I didn't enjoy the reply calling people who answered rude and saying they prefer to stop posting on the forum. I already apologized and I'd prefer to let this die off. I read it wrong, he/she read it wrong, we all read it wrong and need to go to school again.

edit: sorry, TJ and mods for the drama

Edited by LaHaine