Bugzilla

SNOW WARS - Knowledge sharing and unofficial FAQ

I made to level 25 recently, and I got up to 98 exp points, but my badge isn't gold. Can you explain it please?

Badges update at levels 15 and 25. There's currently an oversight where it'll only update if you level up from attacking someone--leveling up from someone attacking you doesn't work. Before the end of the event, I'll make sure people's badges reflect their proper level.

(here)

It's currently bugged, I think.

Edited by cfmtfm

I see that at level 25, there's no more "x experience until next level," but is the highest amount of experience really 98? That's weird that it's not 100 for max experience or something.

I see that at level 25, there's no more "x experience until next level," but is the highest amount of experience really 98? That's weird that it's not 100 for max experience or something.

Unfortunately, however incomplete it seems to be, that's probably it. No one has mentioned otherwise. :/

Haven't read through the thread, sorry! But I've noticed that it isn't covered in the first post unless I'm missing something, so I thought I'd mention.

It looks like it won't take more than 10 snowballs to repair the fort. I'm at 2/114 and repair still costs 10 snowballs, has been that way for a looooong time. biggrin.gif

EDIT: 0/114. Still the same cost for the repair. smile.gif

Could it be? blink.gif After reading your post, I just realized that the cost of repairs on my fort (my maximum fort HP is 237) has never gone above 10 snowballs.

Edited by Evolette

Hi, just wondering - does anybody know what the max number of accumulated snowballs is?

Haven't read through the thread, sorry! But I've noticed that it isn't covered in the first post unless I'm missing something, so I thought I'd mention.

It looks like it won't take more than 10 snowballs to repair the fort. I'm at 2/114 and repair still costs 10 snowballs, has been that way for a looooong time. biggrin.gif

Could it be? blink.gif After reading your post, I just realized that the cost of repairs on my fort (my maximum fort HP is 237) has never gone above 10 snowballs.

I haven't been able to pay *too* much attention to that, but it seems to me that the cost goes up 1 snowball for every 5 point of damage and once you've received more than 50 damage points it stops at 10 snowballs no matter what smile.gif

224/286 here, if I get snowballed enough I'll see what happens closer to 0 again.

Hi, just wondering - does anybody know what the max number of accumulated snowballs is?

No idea xd.png

Edited by ZzelaBusya

My concern at the moment is - if the fort is damaged when the event stops will it be damaged forever? I'd like an intakt fort to look at when everything is over...

well I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

My concern at the moment is - if the fort is damaged when the event stops will it be damaged forever? I'd like an intakt fort to look at when everything is over...

well I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Ohhh right, that's exactly what I've been wondering about! I hope not - otherwise one will have to make sure the fort is untouched *right* before the event is over to keep it that way... oO

Well, the highest amount I've heard of is 157, but if someone's been leaving it for longer than a couple of days maybe it'd build up even further?

Well, the highest amount I've heard of is 157, but if someone's been leaving it for longer than a couple of days maybe it'd build up even further?

I had around 300 at one point...298 or so. But in all honesty I think there's no limit - what's the point for one anyway. Maybe 999? *shrugs*

?? odd - fast reply isn't working (yes javascript is on...) ANYWAY -

When I went to bed last night my fort was damaged and wanted 3 to repair. I didn't bother. When I got up it wanted 9. I think it is the number of hits as much as anything.

Pretty much confirmed with some Science on the IRC. The repair cost reached 10 snow at around 510 HP and have stayed that way since. wink.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by CNR4806

Tempted to do the maths (and I will), but I just woke up so my train of thought might be wrong and/or I might not have considered other things. X3

It depends on how fast you can level up and get to level 25 to get the fastest snow/hour rate. Since 98 exp. is needed, you can attack someone who has at least 1HP a maximum of 10 times in the first hour and receive 10 exp. Or you can build to a maximum of 10HP (2 igloos) and be attacked - either way works.

So the maximum exp you can get in the first hour is 10 exp, which will get you +2 exp. over level 5.

You get 2 snowballs in the next hour, which you can use to either attack or build and be attacked (= +2 exp). That gets you to level 6 with 12 exp. Rinse and repeat for the next 6 hours and you get 12 snowballs (2 snowballs/hour) that you can use to attack or build and be attacked. That's +12 exp.

So "6 hours ago", you had 12 exp, now +12 = 24 exp. which is +1 exp. above level 10. You now get 3 snowballs/hour, so use those snowballs to attack or be attacked for the next 7 hours. 7 hours x 3 snowball/hour = 21 new snowballs; 21 new exp. + 24 exp. = 45 exp. = +2 exp. above level 15, and you now have 5 snowballs/hour.

Wait 5 hours = 25 new snowballs; 25 new exp. + 45 exp. = 70 exp. = +2 exp. above level 20, and you now have 7 snowballs/hour.

Wait 4 hours = 28 new snowballs; 28 new exp. + 70 exp. = 98 exp. which is exactly level 25! That took 17 hours, and now it's 5PM DCT on 19th December. You leave your computer on and put the 'Snow Wars' page on an auto-refresher that refreshes every hour/two hours/three hours (to prevent the snowball/hour rate being halved as a result of inactivity). There are 13 days and 7 hours left (so 319 hours in total) to leave your auto-refresher with the work, so 319 hours x 9 snowballs/hour = 2871 snowballs.

I'm pretty sure I missed out a key factor in here, though... I'll wait for someone to correct me. xd.png

edit: Oh, yes, see the two posts below, too. Auto-refreshers aren't allowed; I just included it in my explanation for ZzelaBusya's reasons. I don't condone using autos at all.

Edited by cfmtfm

One key factor you've omitted is that when someone asked, Socky said she thought using an autorefresher to keep getting a full pile of snow all night etc was against the rules of DC... sad.gif

That makes sense. But I guess the main thing cfmtfm was walking about was to determine the maximum amount one could possibly get if there is no limit. So let's imagine that instead of auto-refreshing one keeps checking the site every now and then, sets alarm clocks et cetera to manage to check DC on time, which would result in the same... biggrin.gif

It was a warning more than anything ! in case there was a sudden mass move to autorefreshers !

Repair costs

Once your snow fort is damaged or completely destroyed, you can repair it. I am not sure yet if the cost changes with the amount of damage (e.g. 1 per 10 dam) or with the type of buildings that were destroyed or damaged. Do you know?

I've noticed that the repair cost rises when there is more damage inflicted on ice.

I've noticed that the repair cost rises when there is more damage inflicted on ice.

From the info gathered here, it seems as though the repair cost rises as your fort is attacked and/or you gain more EXP. Though, from what I've gathered, it has never gone above 10 snowballs.

What happens when somebody tries to attack a fort with 0 HP again?

Do they gain XP? I can't seem to remember.

What happens when somebody tries to attack a fort with 0 HP again?

Do they gain XP? I can't seem to remember.

No, neither of you gain exp. and your snowballs are gone. D:

all I want to know is if the HP number counts as far as getting into the raffle, or once I hit level 25, that was what I needed?

I keep working on my fort, the HP keeps going up, but I'm running out of room blink.gif

All you need to be in the raffle is level 25-- it doesn't get any higher biggrin.gif

my question is :

With the event running until Jan 1 what do we do with all the snow?, I like my fort as is

and am not interested in deleting and restarting.

We aren't getting any new items and room is ( as previously stated) at a premium.

It seems like an awful lot of snowballs to throw-----

Is there a max exp? I finally got level 25 but my exp is at 98.