TJ09

2013-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Finally caught my last egg - and congrats to aangs-sister, these guys are too cute - and breed about forty or more eggs for the AP.

I gather that we have aangs-sister to thank for the fabulous hatchies, but I missed seeing whoever it was who did those stunning eggs - anybody know?

Edit: thanks, dragonpuck!

Guess all I can say is, kudos to aangs-sister or whoever it was for those as well.

Edited by Syphoneira

I gather that we have aangs-sister to thank for the fabulous hatchies, but I missed seeing whoever it was who did those stunning eggs - anybody know?

There aren't credits on the eggs. Since the Halloween dragons are submitted directly to TJ my guess would be that aangs-sister did them as well.

i got to say i love the codes that TJ's dragons have, they are so cute.

The colors make me think of candy corn a little ^ ^

Lots of collecting. I've been on DC for almost three years and I'm getting close to 500. Only reason I'm not at 500 yet is multiple breaks I took over the past year or two lol. But I always show back up for the Holiday events regardless.

Yup, I try to come back for the holidays too. I've been on DC for ages, but with year-long breaks in between. I'm surprised I don't have more dragons than I do, but there have been a TON of new releases since I was really active. If I were to get my scroll caught up I'm sure it would push me over.

Bet they are candy corn! i said it yesterday, and OMG THOSE HATCHIES ARE SO CUTE UGH I CAN'T

How are you guys getting 7 fodders for zombies? There's a 5 kill limit per 2 weeks, and killed dragons go away after 2 weeks... also, someone got like 3/7 or something? They're like 5% chance to get a zombie, right? Did they just have really good luck or something else I'm missing?

(First halloween, don'tyellk)

Less than an hour from now it will be midnight in the cave and no longer All Hallow's Evening, but All Hallows (Saints) Day. Do the Halloween eggs simply disappear into ether from the cave or will there be no more eggs dropped into the cave so they will be gone at midnight?

I can't remember, I know you can't breed them past today to breed Halloween dragons but do the abandoned eggs continue to show on the abandoned page after midnight?

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Oh another Question, did Vampire eggs used to do something special on Halloween or the 31st of the month? If so, what? Thanks to those who answer me.

They are lovely evil grinning eggs this year. Thanks so much, TJ.

These are very much so my favorites among holidays. I managed to catch at least just one. Thank you! Happy Halloween everyone. :3

These are very much so my favorites among holidays. I managed to catch at least just one. Thank you! Happy Halloween everyone. :3

I would suggest you try to hatch your other eggs and catch more. o3o

Less than an hour from now it will be midnight in the cave and no longer All Hallow's Evening, but All Hallows (Saints) Day.  Do the Halloween eggs simply disappear into ether from the cave or will there be no more eggs dropped into the cave so they will be gone at midnight?

I can't remember, I know you can't breed them past today to breed Halloween dragons but do the abandoned eggs continue to show on the abandoned page after midnight?

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Oh another Question, did Vampire eggs used to do something special on Halloween or the 31st of the month?  If so, what?  Thanks to those who answer me.

They are lovely evil grinning eggs this year.  Thanks so much, TJ.

The '13 Halloween eggs will leave the Cave at Midnight,but eggs in the AP stay until they are taken.

Vampires don't do anything special, but zombies show up all day on the 31st of any month( today is on of those wink.gif )

@Cool12309

you can let hatchlings die when time runs out , by fogging them once hatched and then revive them just like a killed dragon --- as many as you want/have room for within the 2 weeks prior to Halloween!

Edited by dragonpuck

How are you guys getting 7 fodders for zombies? There's a 5 kill limit per 2 weeks, and killed dragons go away after 2 weeks...

I killed 5 Adult dragons on the 17th (2 weeks ago), around 1:45 pm in my time zone which would be 0:45 am in Dragon Cave time.

=> +5 dead adults

Then I took 5 eggs from the AP, hatched them. But I intentionally fogged the hatchlings the whole time therefore they died after 7 days, without me using the "Kill" action. You can have as many dead hatchlings as you want, but they need to be tombstones on the 31st

=> +5 dead hatchlings

Yesterday on the 31st I logged in around 1:10pm (=> ten minutes after midnight in DC time) and tried to revive the already dead ones before the tombstones disappear.

After that - around 1:45 pm when I could use the "Kill" action again after 2 weeks cooldown - I killed further 5 adults and tried to revive them.

=> +5 dead adults

Total: 10 tries for Zombie adults (you cannot have more than 10 tries every year), 5 tries for Zombie hatchlings

Result: 1 gendered Zombie hatchling and 4 adults

Hope I could help a bit smile.gif

Edited by Mondat

About 30 minutes left to catch!

And just a reminder to everyone to be careful with their dragons and keep a close eye on them. Fansites and other forums get lots of traffic around Halloween and even older dragons may find themselves with an overwhelming amount of views. Best of luck to everyone's dragons!

Just finished breeding all of my old Halloween dragons. All of them auto-dumped to the AP.

Really dragged my feet this year, normally I breed them right away.

I don't get how you get 500 dragons

It is a lot of work, because you can't just go and grab as many dragons as you want, at one go. I've been collecting since 2008, and I'm still about 80 dragons short of a gold trophy. But then I collect and breed rather slowly and selectively. I'd suggest doing a little breeding of your own, as well as collecting from the AP. That will up your dragon count a bit faster than competing in the DC. Just my own opinion, of course. :-)

Edited by Jennie

About 30 minutes left to catch!

And just a reminder to everyone to be careful with their dragons and keep a close eye on them. Fansites and other forums get lots of traffic around Halloween and even older dragons may find themselves with an overwhelming amount of views. Best of luck to everyone's dragons!

Confirming this.

I just lost a 4d12hr egg after having it in fansites unattended for only an hour. sad.gif

If you do raise things through hatcheries right now, keep a close eye on them and fog them overnight; having them hatch a little late is worth not losing them.

It is a lot of work, because you can't just go and grab as many dragons as you want, at one go. I've been collecting since 2008, and I'm still about 80 dragons short of a gold trophy. But then I collect and breed rather slowly and selectively. I'd suggest doing a little breeding of your own, as well as collecting from the AP. That will up your dragon count a bit faster than competing in the DC. Just my own opinion, of course. :-)

It's really easy to reach 500 dragons in about two years if you keep yourself constantly egg-locked.

Many, many players have been playing since 2008 so some have huge scrolls. My scroll grew very quickly once upon a time. Now it grows much more slowly because I have all the dragons in the game already and I'm not playing as often.

And that's how it ends... a big "Thank you!" for all those who made it possible smile.gif

edit: behold! my misspelling powers!

Edited by PinkyHedgehog

Just finished a lot of last minute breeding, a few Shadows, a few Lurkers, and I bred most of my Marrows - there should be some EG pretties in the AP.

I wanted to breed two of my 3rd gens though, http://dragcave.net/lineage/p1VZq and http://dragcave.net/lineage/vYYvj, and as I introduced them, the clock struck Midnight.

The dragons refuse to even go near each other. sad.gif

Oh well. Maybe next year?

"Work"?! blink.gif Or maybe time. Or play.

It's not really a lot of work. It helps to use freeze, but I also started in late 2008 and I got my gold trophy a couple years ago, and I wasn't trying that hard.

Oh, poop, had a pretty Marrow I'd had no mate for, but thought I'd breed at the last minute after all, in case anyone had missed out.

So I spent ages searching out a nice, suitable 2nd gen temp. mate, bred, had the egg auto to the AP, went to look - had the dragon mixed up with another one and had bred a lovely 3rd gen w/Vals to a SECOND-GEN Black w/Goth... could cry...

Did find a 3rd even-gen mate (unmatched, but OK - it was almost literally last minute) for the other Marrow I had (both females, of course, so couldn't have bred them to each other) and got I think it was one more egg out for somebody, but darn!

Hadn't been going to breed them because of having no suitable mates, probably should have left it like that...