TJ09

2013-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

ahh all over already.

Well I just wanted to say that I had a blast with my first DC event. Already looking forward to Christmas here!

Thanks TJ and all involved for making it epic. =D

I don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but I think the eggs look like foil-wrapped chocolates and I want to eat them.

Yes. Very.

2 days until they grow up <3 So impatient xd.png

Post Halloween depression is now sinking in for me :l This is my favourite week on the game...and now it's another year until it comes back :l And my lonely yulebuck will have to wait another year to find his soulmate sad.gif

But I wonder if they'll be some Halloween eggs left in the AP by the time I unlock...

Heh, no, your lonely Yulebuck will only have to wait 2 months to find his soulmate, the Yulebucks are Xmas dragons and will be breedable then. Don't depair. wink.gif

I reached 500 dragons in about six months. It helped when I started getting some reds to help speed up how fast my eggs were hatching - also started taking way more low time AP eggs and also hitting the departure boards to get hatchies. I started in Feb, had my silver trophy in time for the Birthday Bash (thanks to an ARKer giving me 4 red dragons!), then got gold in August. I did keep myself egg locked pretty much constantly, though, but very rarely with CB eggs over the summer.

I too got about 500 in 6 months. I learned quickly to build an army or Reds and to go AP hunting. I also learned to trade EGGS for HATCHLINGS so I could build up to that gold trophy quicker biggrin.gif

And how flipping cute are these hatchies!!!! Love them! So excited to see the adult.

Is it still possible to breed Halloween dragons from past years today?

I'm a bit confused, because I thought the breeding span ended at midnight, but the AP is full of eggs that still have the full 7 days displayed.

I was really happy to be able to get all the Halloween eggs I wanted this year. And all with nice lineages too! I can't wait to see what these new eggs turn into.

But I asked this before and got no answer. Do we get anything for collecting all the trick or treat items?

But I asked this before and got no answer. Do we get anything for collecting all the trick or treat items?

Nope. As far as I can tell we don't get anything. Aside from the satisfaction and fun of having found them all, of course. wink.gif

i think at 9 pm tomorrow/today (cause it's midnight were i am) in australia, tj's eggens will hatch.........maybe

Is it still possible to breed Halloween dragons from past years today?

I'm a bit confused, because I thought the breeding span ended at midnight, but the AP is full of eggs that still have the full 7 days displayed.

I don't think that you will get Halloween eggs if you breed these dragons today. If you abandon an egg in the AP it will get an extra day, so that's probably why you see them at 7 days instead of 6.

Well... Your reward is: all the trick or treat items. wink.gif

Do we get anything for collecting all the trick or treat items?

Warm Fuzzy Feelings of Achievement. biggrin.gif

Managed to get all the treats and enough of this years halloween dragons ^^

The happy feeling smile.gif

Halloween is my favourite DC event, and it was great again this year.

I can't wait to see the adult dragons, I like the colours on the hatchlings!

Thank you TJ and everyone who made it happen! biggrin.gif

I do wish TJ's would grow faster. It would be nice to see which adult sprite I liked the best so I could figure out what to influence my 7th egg as xDDD

I do wish TJ's would grow faster. It would be nice to see which adult sprite I liked the best so I could figure out what to influence my 7th egg as xDDD

My words! xd.png Last year I traded an extra female Lurker for a male because I liked that one better.

...can we kindly unclog the AP now? Please? D:

I guess everyone are locked with the new eggs... laugh.gif So the AP may remain full yet for a while. It's actually amusing to see such thing happening in other holidays than Christmas.

Also, I've heard someone abandoned the new eggs yesterday... Haven't seen a single one though, didn't pay attention.

Thank you so much for another awesome event TJ and your team smile.gif

From experience I've learned, don't do too much breeding the few weeks before Halloween with the exceptions of zombie fodder, mates for your Halloween dragons (non holidays ) and stocking up on BSAs. If you are dropping them in the AP, the backlog of Holidays may just cause your babies to end up growing up in the wild and it seems almost wasteful.

That's just how holidays roll.... these breeds only get one week each year. Sorry other Dragons ... time to step aside for the awesome for a bit.

If this is coming up on your first Xmas, this is a good time to stock up on your red army (pink and Magi are nice too) and learn to meet some awesome people. Which is easily done in the Gifting Threads and DC Chat (aka IRC) PS... besides grabbing every low time BSA Egg you can from the AP you can .... (and maybe some other low time eggs if you are close to your next trophy level ) ..... almost everyone on this forum or chat would gladly breed you pretty BSA Dragons. Just go check out the trading threads for gifting threads or sigs of people offering free gifts.

Honestly many of us are dying to give you free eggs. Just ask.

Edited by natayah

I guess everyone are locked with the new eggs... laugh.gif So the AP may remain full yet for a while. It's actually amusing to see such thing happening in other holidays than Christmas.

Also, I've heard someone abandoned the new eggs yesterday... Haven't seen a single one though, didn't pay attention.

My current crop of eggs hatch tomorrow, and I hope some of the Halloweens remain for a while. I do love a good treasure hunt! <3