TJ09

2013-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

I also put in my thanks to TJ and all those who help with these events. It was fun; and I can't wait to see my two eggs hatch. Hopefully a male and a female.

Some people don't have the time for all this.  I have a full time job and family responsibilities and other interests and hobbies.  So it's taking me longer to get that coveted gold trophy, but I'm happy with my scroll and I'll be thrilled when I finally get the gold trophy.  In the meantime, I can't spend hours hanging out in the AP, grabbing low-time eggs or any of those other things people with huge scrolls do. 

I did enjoy this Halloween event, and I got all the eggs I wanted, and bred my pair of shadow walkers, so I'm happy.

I know, I'm not exactly PROUD of it per se, but it's the truth.

Also, DC has become a sort of nicotine patch for my other collecting*. IT DOESN'T COST ME MONEY OR SPACE. xd.png;

I honestly don't have much of a life, hahahah. It's just me, my art, my classwork, and my birds. (Wow, what a surprise! Someone as awkward and socially stunted as me not having a life? What a tweest!)

EscapistLore> I know someone's brought up an AP-addict anonymous once or twice since the new AP format came out. To relate it back to my collecting problem, it's like the fun of finding treasures at a flea market or garage sale, just again, without money. xd.png;

*I know at least one of the more prolific spriters came from the same forums I did, but I got into DC after seeing the eggies and dragons on people's signatures on the Windstone Editions forum, which were for people who collected very pretty and very expensive PHYSICAL dragon statues by Melody Pena. If you ever wondered why a rockerbot27 dissapeared, it's because I got tired of watching people buy pretty dragons while I had no money. xd.png;

(I still feel bad for leaving, but I'm sure no one but Melody remembers me...)

Edited by DorkJulian

Actually, DC doesn't take much time at all if you aren't picky about what you grab. With the AP always at ER or incuhatchable status, you can be grabbing eggs quickly and popping them into a few ERs, then hatch them, and rinse and repeat until you are hatchling locked. Frozen dragons also count towards the trophy, so freezing as many as possible also helps.

It really only takes a lot of time if you after something specific, like say you want only CB sunsongs, but only want them from the AP. In those circumstances, yes it can take a good while.

Edited by Nectaris

My only post about Halloween tongue.gif Waited until after the event was over. Cannot wait until the new breed grows up, very exciting. I love that this one is multi-colored. I was able to get two new zombie adults this year out of ten, so I did alright. I got a bunch of new holiday lineages that I can't wait to breed when I get the space. Hopefully almost or all of them cooperate. Thanks to everyone who made this event possible, made my personal Halloween more fun.

Edit: The sprite reminds me of a mischievous pygmy because of it's cuteness and the evil grin egg desc. Maybe smile.gif

Edited by shovedtbh

...is it just me or the new hatchling really resembles Slenderman?!? Hahah!

The event was amazing, like always! I happily got 5 Slenders.. I mean... new eggs - can't wait until they grow up.

Also, I've never been very fond of trick or treating, but this year the sprites were so amazing I had to catch them all, props to the artists!

I am SO hoping that the Halloween egg wall is there just after midnight! Would love to catch more past Halloween eggs to add to my collection!

This has been my first big holiday event and I have to say that I really enjoyed it!

i so hear you lol i can never seem to get enough halloween dragons lol i so totally i hope there is still some left when i am no longer egg blocked xd.png

Got all my 7 (though will probably give away 1 so that I could have a nice even number of pairs) on my phone yesterday. Took a while, but as I wasn't online at all yesterday, then getting them on my phone was the only option.

Slenderbabies xd.png Love the nickname xd.png

I'm probably the only one hoping it ISN'T Slenderman based. I'm a little tired of him by now to be honest.

I'm probably the only one hoping it ISN'T Slenderman based. I'm a little tired of him by now to be honest.

No, you aren't laugh.gif

im a little confused who is this slenderman i keep hearing about on here

Thanks for all the Halloween fun! The carnival and goodie collecting was fun. The new dragons are the cutiest babies. That holiday egg wall at the AP is moving. I just saw some of the pumpkin babies I bred during the last five minutes of the breeding season fly by to new homes. I'm a thinking the holiday egg wall will be long down by the time my 2013's hatch (collected during afternoon of the 31st).

That holiday egg wall at the AP is moving. I just saw some of the pumpkin babies I bred during the last five minutes of the breeding season fly by to new homes. I'm a thinking the holiday egg wall will be long down by the time my 2013's hatch (collected during afternoon of the 31st).

Not too quickly, I hope... I still want/need 2 more Gen2 PB Cave Lurkers!

LOVE the coloring on the new hatchies biggrin.gif .

I know, I'm not exactly PROUD of it per se, but it's the truth....I honestly don't have much of a life, hahahah. It's just me, my art, my classwork, and my birds. (Wow, what a surprise! Someone as awkward and socially stunted as me not having a life? What a tweest

But you enjoy it, so that's fine. I'm not knocking it at all. If someone enjoys spending hours and hours waiting to grab certain eggs, or likes not being picky and just grabbing everything they can get, that's great for them. They're playing the way they want.

But not everyone wants to play this way, and not everyone can spend so much time at it.

Actually, DC doesn't take much time at all if you aren't picky about what you grab. With the AP always at ER or incuhatchable status, you can be grabbing eggs quickly and popping them into a few ERs, then hatch them, and rinse and repeat until you are hatchling locked. Frozen dragons also count towards the trophy, so freezing as many as possible also helps.

I like taking my time, and enjoying the time I spend hunting for certain dragons to round out my scroll. I've never frozen a dragon and I never will, because I want them to grow up. I'm playing this game because I like the different dragons and watching while they hatch and grow up, not because I want to get a gold trophy as fast as possible. Maybe there are other people out there who feel the same?

Edited by Jennie

*eagerly waits for beautiful hatchies to grow up*

I WANNA SEE!

*ahem*

Anyway, the wall of Halloween eggs in the AP has finally let up and revealed a WHOLE BUNCH of Extremely low time (1 day X hours and up) eggs! Catch them while you can!

*goes hunting, then back to studying*

*Peeks* Only a row and a half of CLs left...may be gone sooner than we perdicted.

Darn...just saw a seriously ER bluna pass by...*pokes eggs*

I think I am missing something. Everyone is talking about how cute the hatchlings are, but I haven't seen any anywhere. So where is everyone seeing them?

I think I am missing something. Everyone is talking about how cute the hatchlings are, but I haven't seen any anywhere. So where is everyone seeing them?

On the first page of this thread. TJs hatchies are in his announcement post. first post.

On the first page of this thread. TJs hatchies are in his announcement post. first post.

Okay I feel like a total dork now. I totally missed them there under that huge Happy Halloween graphic. xd.png Thanks.