TJ09

2013-10-25 - Halloween Carnival

Oh Zéna, why do you want me to bring an umbrella everytime the weather is obviously sunny? It's the second time you're telling me so! laugh.gif

Oh Zéna, why do you want me to bring an umbrella everytime the weather is obviously sunny? It's the second time you're telling me so! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif To protect yourself from the UV rays. So bring a black one.

Second time? Ah no, she repeats the fortunes. I thought we "throw" away the cards after we picked them. She must have put them back. That or she has multiple cards with the same fortune. ohmy.gif

After I completed the maze today, I got another message.

--SPOILER--

Just curious, does anyone know how many different ones there are?

AFAIK only two, Zombie and Shadow Walkers.

Three. There's also an empty graveyard that describes the tombstone.

Ty for the info! smile.gif

EDIT: Sock, as well! xd.png

Edited by geminigrl016

Hmm wonder how we get the empty graveyard then already picked up the 45 trinkets which it says maybe lay one at the tombstone

Zombiefying was not successful, what a disappointment sad.gif

I have a scroll full of new eggs tho.

My first batch of CB Halloweens! I can finally participate holiday breeding :3

Anyone else got the idea new eggs could be pumpkin-headed dragons? That's what I first thought xd.png

I have two adult undeads, a successfully revived hatchling (released), and a pile of gravestones for those that disintegrated. Not bad.

Just wanted to give big thanks to everyone who worked on the Carnival !!

The "House of Magnificent Marvels" has some great ideas ! Well, in fact, they are all great ! I was marvelling, giggling, and torn with pity in turns - a remarkable assembly that you gathered there.

My favourite story from Minty is the one about the birth of Paper dragons. Actually got a bit teary when I read it... *ahem* And named my little eternal Paper hatchling "Theodeus", in memory of the poor wizard and his lost little friend.

The one about the generous Harvest dragon is wonderful, too ! That is a myth about the origin of Halloween candy that's worth to be passed on !

The one about the Pumpkins is very cute while still being halloweeny, with all those aimlessly wandering dragons at the beginning.

And the Vampire story is so sad. Teared up when I read this one, too.

All the stories are wonderfully written and brought about the spirit of the occasion in a very touching way !

The Story Booth is my favourite place at the carnival.

No carnival without a soothsayer - and Madame Zéna is the coolest I ever saw ! And after changing browsers I could actually see the fortunes, too. wink.gif Now I know what to do about my fate.

The Set game looked like it was the typical carnival scam, with rules so intricate that the clueless visitor has already lost his money before he fully understands what the game was about. But after trying a round I was happy to see that you can actually win. Repeatedly. wink.gif

The corn maze was really fun (although I confess, being a Pen and Paper RPGer I draw a map to navigate it instead of just running around) ! And finding the graveyard on the other side gave it a fabulous touch of adventure !

First I had to run from the graveyard, fleeing the Zombie dragon. But when I returned and it was gone, the melancholy aura of the place, with its lonely dragon statue watching over the graves proved quite captivating. Not to mention the sleeping Shadow Walkers. They are so incredibly beautiful, I stayed for hours just watching them, and had a hard time bringing myself to leave...

And then there's the shop. So many beautiful, spooky and funny treats there ! (But what's with the goldfish ??)

I have a hard time picking favourites - so I'm glad that I got all the stuff eventually ! But the thing I treasure most is the little black cat peering out from under the witch-hat ! smile.gif Then there's the candleflame-dragon, the cat-dragon, the dragon-witch on its broom (so cool!), the little white dragon ghost, the beautiful goblets, toad and rat, wolf and bat, cat and howling dog and raven, the ghostly tree under a red moon and the old witch hat, and the little dark dragon with its red wings doing something I can't identify...

Thank you, all artists, for those wonderful treats !

You all made this Halloween a time to remember !!

Three. There's also an empty graveyard that describes the tombstone.

Yeah lol, it appeared to me just now. d:

Hmm wonder how we get the empty graveyard then already picked up the 45 trinkets which it says maybe lay one at the tombstone

It does ? I haven't seen that as a message.... Hm - am I missing anything ? I am SO out of practice- been away from here for a month with only the odd visit when the occasional campsite had free pooters available... !

Can anyone tell me why my trick-or-treat badge is still not full to the brim even after finding every treat two years in a row? I'm still stuck on the second stage of the badge being full. I was hoping since it didn't fill up last year that I just didn't reach the threshold others had had from the other year the event happened. Since there were like 90+ treats the first time I figured I just hadn't gotten the number high enough. But between this year and last year I have more treats than there were in the first year and my badge isn't anywhere near full! Is it because I wasn't here for the other time we had trick or treating? Will I never be able to have a full trick or treat bucket badge because of that?

If that's the case... ): I'm a sad Prophet.

Are we still at 45 treats ? (I have to go out tonight and am planning ahead...)

Still 45 -- nothing new added. And welcome back Fuzzy One!

Fuzz is back!!!!!! biggrin.gif

...uh, er, umm, I mean....

Welcome back, fuzzbucket! smile.gif Yes, 45 treats, and the pretty new eggs seem to be easy to catch for all who want them.

How do I get the other maze endings? ohmy.gif

I think they are random, just keep trying every hour or so.

Fuzz is back!!!!!! biggrin.gif

...uh, er, umm, I mean....

Welcome back, fuzzbucket! smile.gif  Yes, 45 treats, and the pretty new eggs seem to be easy to catch for all who want them.

Waxing time xd.png

Thanks - I can relax then - I should make it before I have to leave.

Edited by fuzzbucket

How apropos that Zena told me to "Bring an umbrella" today, as it's supposed to rain all day today, LOL!

My kill slots still have not returned. :/ Oh well, I guess I have NEXT year's zombie-fodder all ready then. XP

Other than that, I just grabbed my last new egg, So I guess I'm done with the event (unless more treats get released later)

As long as it's not Pokemon's Gotta catch them all we'll be fine. I'm putting some Linkin Park, Immediate Music, Two Steps from Hell, X-Ray Dog, Epic Score, and Ramin Djawadi.

(Didn't see this yesterday xd.png)

HECK no! I don't really like that song either >_>''!|| (Wooo Linkin Park =D)

Welp, that was fun :3 Would get more today but I'm afraid I don't have anymore room xDDD But 3 is good enough for me so xd.png