TJ09

2013-10-05 - October Release Reminder

First post of the September release says "The last release before Halloween..."

I dunno. I don't see it as being vague. must just be me. :/

They're talking about how the October release should have been on the first instead of released during the Halloween events (no date is specified, so i'm guessing during the preceding week), which the news post implies, rather than the November release, which I feel has a reasonable delay. As is, it comes off like I might have to make a choice between getting old Halloween releases and getting this new permanent release which might just vanish until the ratios reset.

Maybe, maybe not, but this is dreadfully vague newpost so it's not very helpful to most of us besides letting us know that there will be releases (unless he edited it since I last checked).

There are no non-holiday releases during holiday months. So October, December, and February will only contain the Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines holiday release. There won't be any new year-round dragons released during those months, ie you'll only have to worry about Halloween dragons during October - no new non-Halloween dragons will be released. :3

Just confirming that October release = Halloween draggies, as DragonLady86 said.

I hate how we're barely 6 pages in, and we're already arguing. :C

Honestly I don't see why we have to make such a fuss over whether or not there will be 1 new breed or 2. Even if there IS an "October Release" mixed in with the "Halloween Release" this year, there's no way to prove it based on speculation alone. TJ is not going to make anything more apparent until we get closer to the release. So why worry about it? I personally find it more exciting not knowing how many we'll get anyway. Besides if I had false expectations of this years release, my first halloween release ever, it'd only make things harder when I realize I was wrong and TJ is releasing X number of dragons instead of Y number. :[

So just move on.

And enjoy this Halloween while it lasts.

I hate how we're barely 6 pages in, and we're already arguing. :C

Honestly I don't see why we have to make such a fuss over whether or not there will be 1 new breed or 2. Even if there IS an "October Release" mixed in with the "Halloween Release" this year, there's no way to prove it based on speculation alone. TJ is not going to make anything more apparent until we get closer to the release. So why worry about it? I personally find it more exciting not knowing how many we'll get anyway. Besides if I had false expectations of this years release, my first halloween release ever, it'd only make things harder when I realize I was wrong and TJ is releasing X number of dragons instead of Y number. :[

So just move on.

And enjoy this Halloween while it lasts.

I'm not seeing any arguing here? You're seeing a lot more anger in these posts then there actually is if you think this is arguing.

I harp on it because the OP was worded badly, especially given the fairly high memberbase turnover. More than a few people were confused by the wording (and that's just the ones who actually posted; there were probably more just reading), it's not unreasonable to request more clarification from such things in the future, especially when the post is supposed to convey information that it isn't conveying.

I don't think he means there will be an October release and a Halloween release at the same time. I think he means that the October release is the Halloween release.

Maybe some people got confused by "Just a reminder: The October release will occur later this month as part of the Halloween event." It does not mean a regular release and a halloween release. Halloween event is the whole thing..haunted house, baking, or trick or treat stuff as in past years. So, new dragons and new fun thing to do.

Thanks TJ. I'm actually fine with the fact there was no release yesterday, my addiction to another game I love has awoken again, and because of that I forgot a bit about DC laugh.gif

i can't wait, i love halloween, i wish i could have gotten the last years but my husband was deployed and we didnt have internet sad.gif but hopefully i can get one this year biggrin.gif:D:D

Ok, my bad. It sounded to me like there was going to be an early Oct release, Halloween release + events, November release with possibility of another possible event then Dec release with Xmas release + events Jan release + Feb release + Valentine release + event and my eyes were going to bug out. After more reading it does in fact seem it will be scaled and staggered so we can keep up. Or not releasing 10 new Dragons at once on top of holidays. I am hoping for a little extra time for the ability to breed my Halloweens (yes I don't mean the new ones cause I know they can't start breeding until .... next season. Thanks for taking the time to stagger things out. While I can certainly "not participate", its nice to have consideration with our busier schedules.

And yes, I would much rather have new release burn out vs new release drought. Because some of those biomes and ratios and breeding options just work better with more.

I fear I am *snickering* in my scales ..

For a FREE game which obviously delights us all, or we wouldn't be here.. One would think there'd be less ... armchair egging at the sidelines. Embrace the Unknown! We're moving into an exciting season!

Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Year's ! BAM BAM BAM! Dragons EVERYWHERE!!

Maybe I'm a bit more patient cuz I'm old. And maybe I'm a bit more patient because I just came back from my last Dragon Cave excursion back in 2009. So there's been HUGE changes between then and now. So for all the folks thinking that "this could have been handled better" , perhaps a bit of perspective might make this easier, eh?

Back in the day, we had to hike MILES uphill BOTH WAYS!! to grab our eggs, and hike them back down off the snowy mountains.. with NO biomes to funnel off excess numbers! And we had to work in the dark coal mines of InterWebz Outages!! It was hard work back in them days....

biggrin.gif

I'm excited. My first Halloween drop since 2008. THANK YOU TJ !

>^,,^<

Thanks for the heads up - now I know how long I can have fun working on my hoards before I need to stop in preparation for new eggies!

Thanks for this reminder TJ. That's mighty nice of you.

At least I can try to get zombies this year. tongue.gif

Thanks for the update. I can't wait to see what is planned for Halloween this year! Drag Cave Halloweens are brilliant!

I'm not seeing any arguing here? You're seeing a lot more anger in these posts then there actually is if you think this is arguing.

I harp on it because the OP was worded badly, especially given the fairly high memberbase turnover. More than a few people were confused by the wording (and that's just the ones who actually posted; there were probably more just reading), it's not unreasonable to request more clarification from such things in the future, especially when the post is supposed to convey information that it isn't conveying.

You were not the only one confused. Last month we were informed that there wouldn't be a monthly released, which is why I was so confused by this news update, which to ME looks like there's going to be a monthly release alongside the Halloween release.

I thank Sock for clearing things up, but maybe the first post can be edited a bit? I was convinced there was going to be a monthly release that was part of the Halloween release. I'm not faulting TJ or anyone, we all mess up and who knows, he could have had other things on his mind, but it's a good thing the news post only has so many pages and the OP doesn't need to be updated. Other times though I would think it would be.

To add onto Sock's and others' helpful clarification posts about Halloween event/ release speculation: generally, breeding of past releases and any Halloween-themed games/activities begin about a week before Halloween. Then, on Halloween (October 31 for those of you who want a specific date), a new dragon species is released. This is what probably will happen this year, barring any rescheduling due to weather problems and what have you.

Edited by Jazeki

Anybody got any ideas what the new Halloween might be, Two headed, pygmy, lindwyrm, something?

I have a question. What do the eggs look like?

Anybody got any ideas what the new Halloween might be, Two headed, pygmy, lindwyrm, something?

Nope. smile.gif

For the holidays, anyone can make a holiday dragon and PM it to TJ. Just before the release, he picks one of the submitted dragons and it is released. That way it is a total surprise for everyone except TJ and the artist(s) of the dragon. Since anyone can make anything they want to submit, it could be a two headed, pygmy, lindwyrm, ect but we won't know until it hatches/grows up and nobody will know what the egg is until Halloween.

Edited by aangs-sister