TJ09

2013-10-05 - October Release Reminder

Thank you for the update, TJ! As always, I'm looking forward to Halloween, and I'm glad to hear there will be a November release too! smile.gif

Wooooooo >D Can't wait! Thanks so much TJ :]

This'll be my first Halloween >o<

This is my first halloween too !!!! xd.png

Edited by IloveDragons

I remembered there was not going to be an October release as usual, so when I saw there was news and read "October release" my heart skipped a beat thinking I had forgotten about it  tongue.gif

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, TJ, can't wait for the new dragons smile.gif

Mine, too, lol.

And felt a terrible burden of guilt for assuring people that TJ had said that here were no Releases until Halloween!

Luckily, I came straight here rather than than the biomes, so, unlike others, at least my personal agony wasn't extended.

But a friend had PMed making ambiguous reference to TJ's post, Halloween and new eggs, which had the effect of sending me to News with my thumpa-thumpa heart. laugh.gif

Thanks, TJ, for apprising us of a November New Release and for having it later in the month!

Now I can get my 'morning' coffee and happily work on waking up the shell-shocked (sorry, hadda be said xd.png ) brain, lol.

TJ, you are the best. Thanks for the rminder. I was pretty sure you'd said the October release was the Halloween release. I assume at 12:01 10/31 we can begin egg hunting in the caves. biggrin.gif

Very lazy and I apologize for it; however, when do the Halloween eggs begin to breed true to form rather than a guaranteed egg of the other breeder if fertile? sad.gif

I appreciate the information.

Edited by DustyBelle

Cool, a November release! I was almost sure there wouldn't be one, so this is a pleasant surprise.

TJ, you are the best. Thanks for the rminder. I was pretty sure you'd said the October release was the Halloween release. I assume at 12:01 10/31 we can begin egg hunting in the caves. biggrin.gif

Very lazy and I apologize for it; however, when do the Halloween eggs begin to breed true to form rather than a guaranteed egg of the other breeder if fertile? sad.gif

I appreciate the information.

usually they start breeding a week or two before Halloween.

Yay, I want a lot of Halloween dragons for my birthday. <3

ps the images for the eggs aren't loading for me? They come up as just a blank. . - . is there a problem?

Yay, I want a lot of Halloween dragons for my birthday. <3

ps the images for the eggs aren't loading for me? They come up as just a blank. . - . is there a problem?

Egg images...?

There isn't any egg images, only text.

Thanks, TJ! That'll give me some time to get these dragons grown up and try for another few breedings with my halloweens before I need 'em to breed for second gens.

Terrible plan, why not release the new dragons as usual so we actually can have room for the holiday dragons.

Just be glad you're getting a release at all.

I can't wait for these new dragons TJ smile.gif Thanks for the releases!

I think I would be more excited about new releases if it wasn't so easy to get so many CB dragons via insta-incuhatch in the AP. Thank you for staggering the releases but I think at this point I'm on new release burn out with that on top of new holidays and limited breeding time of prior holidays.

Can I just say, I've been super excited for all of these new releases! Remember back in the day where it'd be months between holidays and new releases, and there wasn't much to do in the middle? *rocks in rocking chair and strokes her elder's beard* Mm, back in my day... *mumbles and rambles*

*coughcough* Anyway. Excited for the Halloween event and for the new dragons! biggrin.gif

~Feathers

Cool, but I think in the future you should release them as usual so people have room in their scrolls for the Halloween dragons wink.gif

Cool, but I think in the future you should release them as usual so people have room in their scrolls for the Halloween dragons wink.gif

I'm wondering how it will take 2 - 3 weeks for people's Halloween dragons grow up? Mid- to late-November implies it won't be a few weeks into November before the release. Plenty of time for Dragons released at the end of October to grow up on, methinks. Even accounting for if you waited until the Halloween eggs had a few hours left before letting them grow up and then let didn't let them grow up until they only had a few hours left + a possible extra day given by the AP, you should still have space before a release, really.

And the Christmas release also isn't until the end of December, so should be plenty of time for Christmas, too. ^^

Releasing them 'as usual' on the other hand would imply a release at the beginning of November (as TJ now wants to do releases on the first Sunday of every month) - definitely not enough time for Halloween dragons to grow up. =p

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

No matter what you do, somebody will complain...Thanks for letting us

know so we can prepare accordingly. Halloween excitement has already

hit.

Thanks for the heads up. I assume there's no early October release because of preparation for the event and/or a preference not to have two releases in one month.

I'm wondering how it will take 2 - 3 weeks for people's Halloween dragons grow up?

I don't see how it can. Even if you don't have enough incubating dragons, or you don't post them on a big hatching ground, they won't take that long. I never used to use incubating dragons, and I only posted my eggs on a small hatching site on LiveJournal, and I had no problems hatching them before the 7 days were up. Even now, I don't use the big hatching sites unless I'm really worried about not having enough space on my scroll.

I'm wondering how it will take 2 - 3 weeks for people's Halloween dragons grow up? Mid- to late-November implies it won't be a few weeks into November before the release. Plenty of time for Dragons released at the end of October to grow up on, methinks. Even accounting for if you waited until the Halloween eggs had a few hours left before letting them grow up and then let didn't let them grow up until they only had a few hours left + a possible extra day given by the AP, you should still have space before a release, really.

And the Christmas release also isn't until the end of December, so should be plenty of time for Christmas, too. ^^

Releasing them 'as usual' on the other hand would imply a release at the beginning of November (as TJ now wants to do releases on the first Sunday of every month) - definitely not enough time for Halloween dragons to grow up. =p

They're talking about how the October release should have been on the first instead of released during the Halloween events (no date is specified, so i'm guessing during the preceding week), which the news post implies, rather than the November release, which I feel has a reasonable delay. As is, it comes off like I might have to make a choice between getting old Halloween releases and getting this new permanent release which might just vanish until the ratios reset.

Maybe, maybe not, but this is dreadfully vague newpost so it's not very helpful to most of us besides letting us know that there will be releases (unless he edited it since I last checked).

They're talking about how the October release should have been on the first instead of released during the Halloween events (no date is specified, so i'm guessing during the preceding week), which the news post implies, rather than the November release, which I feel has a reasonable delay. As is, it comes off like I might have to make a choice between getting old Halloween releases and getting this new permanent release which might just vanish until the ratios reset.

Maybe, maybe not, but this is dreadfully vague newpost so it's not very helpful to most of us besides letting us know that there will be releases (unless he edited it since I last checked).

The October release IS the Halloween release. Only holidays, nothing that will be around all year. Then a regular release for Mid-November instead of the first week of the month to give the Halloweens time to grow up. So, you won't have to choose. smile.gif

The October release IS the Halloween release. Only holidays, nothing that will be around all year. Then a regular release for Mid-November instead of the first week of the month to give the Halloweens time to grow up. So, you won't have to choose. smile.gif

The fact that this wasn't made more clear is part of the problem, I think. I read the post and thought that we were having a normal release during Halloween because of how vaguely written the OP is. *goes to get the exact wording*

This:

The October release will occur later this month as part of the Halloween event.

Implies that there will be a release in addition to the Halloween release at roughly the same time. If that wasn't the intended meaning, it should have been written to make it obvious that it was the standard Holiday release and not an additional release. As is, it's too vague for its intended purpose.