TJ09

2013-09-08 - September Release

Unsurprisingly, I love the Red-finned Tidal Dragons! wub.gif

I don't mind the head of the female being a bit blurred, I think that's because I'm looking at her underwater, of course it's going to be a little blurry. I love the markings and the finns, all looks very realistic.

I read some people complaining that another of Earthgirl's dragons was released instead of giving a new spriter a go, and I can't disagree with giving talented new people a chance, but I hope we get many more Earthgirl dragons because they are just so gorgoeous. biggrin.gif

About the Yellow-Crowned Dragons I like that kind of shimmer effect on the blue parts, it looks like the air is shimmering from heat like the egg description says. But even more I like the fact that I can already think of a number of other breeds they might go well with. Come on dragons, grow up and breed! xd.png

Love them - and I have no problem with established spriters getting their work released ahead of others. Rather the best possible quality, in my book. Sorry to all those who do also do really good work - but awesome wins out.

How come TJ didn't freeze anything this time ? Unusual...

The adult sprites are all beautiful, wow! Just as lovely as I hoped. (Now I'm really curious what the site stores Yellow-Crowned as.) I may be collecting a lot of both breeds; the anatomy that other people have pointed out really doesn't bother me, and the deserts are still my favorite of the two.

While I don't mind getting releases from established spriters, as the quality is always good, I want to see some new artists! There are awesome breeds that have been made from unrepresented artists, as well. tongue.gif

Thank you TJ and spriters! xd.png

Love them - and I have no problem with established spriters getting their work released ahead of others. Rather the best possible quality, in my book. Sorry to all those who do also do really good work - but awesome wins out.

He fotgot to freeze, but usually he will freeze them again.

I really like the adults, but earthgirls is my favorite.

Edited by Shajana

That happens with most releases. He'll go back and work his magic on them later. wink.gif

Thanks to JOTB, Earthgirl, and TJ for bringing us these dragons. The Yellow-Crown is my favorite of the two. The Red-Finned female is nice, but the male looks a bit awkward to me. I am not a big fan of the blue/red color combo, either. Still they are both nice dragons and good additions to the Cave.

and usually he freezes one of each sprite so he's short a Yellow Crown laugh.gif

but he is the Admin and will "fix" things --eventually biggrin.gif

multiple ninja.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

and usually he freezes one of each sprite so he's short a Yellow Crown laugh.gif

but he is the Admin and will "fix" things --eventually biggrin.gif

multiple ninja.gif

well he only has one yellow-crown because they share a gendered hatchie =) When only the adults have different sprites, he has one hatchie and both adult sprites. the Red-fins had two different sprites for the different genders, so he has two hatchling sprites for them

Beautiful sprites, Earthgirl, JOTB smile.gif

Now that I see how the adults look like I can influence and hatch my eggs (and finally unlock and catch some more biggrin.gif). I guess I'll start collecting water walkers and albinos - I really like them with tidals.

Oh, I can't decide which one I like more wub.gif

Both are just beautiful!

These are pretty, but I do have to say that a lot of the dragons recently seem to be a bit different style than the older ones and I prefer the other style. I haven't been able to figure out the exact difference though.

These are pretty, but I do have to say that a lot of the dragons recently seem to be a bit different style than the older ones and I prefer the other style. I haven't been able to figure out the exact difference though.

I think that the impressions that people are giving pretty much says it. They are "sweet", "cute" and "gentle", where the old style dragons were a bit more... dragon-y. More in your face fierce dragon and had the bulk to back that ferocity up.

Still, they are really beautiful additions. Many thanks, Earth Girl and JOTB for the lovely new babies. Many lineage possibilities for these little guys.

The Tidals are absolutely stunning and I really love their concept but there is something about the Yellow-Crowned I don't like. Especially the female seems to have some anatomical problems but that's probably just my impression.

Well, I am looking forward to the up-coming releases and will be working on plans for Tidal lineages until then smile.gif

Edited by Flaviel

OMGSH they're beautiful. ^>^ I'm in love with both, but the Tidals really take the cake in color and their description - we have ourselves a sea monster. wub.gif Can't wait to start playing with these in lineages.

(Next new releases: Poof Pygmy & some new Drakes, pretty pretty please? happy.gif )

Thank you TJ and spriters! I adore the Yellow Crowned, the color palette is simplistic and appealing. I do agree that the neck looks really thick and awkward.

Beautiful releases as always! I love the colors of the Yellow-Crowned, although I do agree the Male sprite's neck seems off. It looks like the neck suddenly disconnects between the crown and the top of the neck. The Tidal's fins look more like fire or feathers and less like fins, but maybe that was the point?

Overall, liking these releases. Too bad I only have one Yellow-Crowned and no Tidals. I named her "Extra Buttery Popcorn". :P

Edited by MysticTiger

Love the adults, especially the colours in the Yellow-Crowneds.

Thank you again, spriters and TJ! smile.gif

Edited by Lagie

Overall, liking these releases. Too bad I only have one Yellow-Crowned and no Tidals. I named her "Extra Buttery Popcorn". tongue.gif

I'm naming mine with "Banana" in each name. We seem to have a food theme going. :3

Both breeds are really nice! The colours on the Yellow-Crowned are especially beautiful. Sadly I still need to catch one of them xd.png

I think that the impressions that people are giving pretty much says it. They are "sweet", "cute" and "gentle", where the old style dragons were a bit more... dragon-y. More in your face fierce dragon and had the bulk to back that ferocity up.

(...)

Ahem...

July - Bleeding Moons

7th Birthday (May/June) - Seragamma, Copper, Hellhorse, Bloodscale

I wouldn't call these guys "sweet", "cute" or "gentle".

Many of the older ones weren't that fierce, at last not in my face. wink.gif And bulky... Some, yes. But till this day I despair over the skinny Blacks. For example.

I think the difference in style results more from a higher degree of detail and/or shading. Probably from improvement in the drawing software, too, but I don't have any knowledge about that. Sprites tend to be more intricate nowadays - look at the old Two-Heads and the Duotones, for example. The basic concept is the same, but the newer one gives the impression of more fiddly-bits and has more colour hues. (This one is a positive example, a negative one, in my opinion, is the Bleeding Moon, who is fierce and quite bulky, but has too much of everything.)

The other thing is that some dragons moved from the realm of rather comic book style to something more from the realm of fantasy artwork. (Like the Two-Headed Lindwurms I love so much.)

At least that would be the things I would make out to explain the different "feel".

I'm always amazed at how creative they get with the new dragon species. Kudos to everyone involved in the process.

On a personal note, I hope both of my new little hatchlings gender female. (And not just of the sprite difference; my scroll is a little male heavy)

Out of curiosity, are these new dragons going to be common or rare?

Edited by Data_Girl_3