TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

I am thrilled to death that these are not classed as rare. While I have many likes out of the new release, I am thinking that this one is my favorite. I think I will be hoarding a tri-colored army of them in the near future. Thank you Fiona!

Edited by panic siren

Well came back about's and an egg had hatched so of i went to grab me a second of today's, took a bit got much busier in cave but managed it wink.gif

So now have two of each day apart from day 4 still need to breed and day 5 only got one of each with three alt's on go *sighs* all done smile.gif

*relaxes back happy and relieved some what* lol laugh.gif

So glad to hear these aren't more unobtainiums!!

Don't be too sure of that... remember how psudo-rare Blacks were for a while there, and some of the others that have been released more recently.

Still! I'm happy to hear they're not meant to be rares.

YESHHH!!! Less than a day left!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif I'll get to check these guys out in studyhall, see if I was right!! <3 I really can't wait! biggrin.gif *huggles random people* biggrin.gif

I"m just going to go on record now and say these are not classed as rares. They were never intended to be rare, despite what some think they remember seeing. They were intended to be fairly common (not cave blocker common) and I checked with TJ to make sure I was allowed to say that THEY ARE NOT RARE! Cuz they're not. A bit uncommon, maybe.

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity, but they are not gold/silver rare.

Thank you, Fiona, for clarifying that these are not meant to be rare! That is a relief. tongue.gif Now maybe I will be able to snag one more Brown copper to make a pair.

All of mine hatched, and I am looking forward to seeing the adults! smile.gif

I'm giddy to see what the adults look like biggrin.gif Just 11 more hours!

By the by, has anyone seen these drop in the cave since?

I'm giddy to see what the adults look like biggrin.gif Just 11 more hours!

By the by, has anyone seen these drop in the cave since?

I have been looking around to see if anyone has posted about this - I haven't seen any of the new releases in any of the biomes except Volcano.

Last night I did see some black caps, but not today. I don't know if it's my computer being too slow, or what.

Has anyone gotten or even seen any of the other releases?

I wanted to start a thread in discussion and ask, but I'm never sure if I'm allowed to sad.gif

I can't wait to see what these babies grow up as. It looks like I'll be staying up until 5 am again. Huddled under my comforter with headphones and watching Smallville and hoping my mother doesn't notice I'm awake. xd.png

idk whats been happening with some of the new releases.

i've caught and seen 2 Salty's today; seen maybe 10 black caps and maybe 50 Kittehs.

but not a single Copper or OCD (bloodscale) and i've been constantly hunting for the Coppers for about 2 hours (mostly in the Desert, Coast and the Volcano)

i'm glad fiona clarified it, otherwise these guys are acting just like rares unsure.gif

edit - speaking of Metals, i haven't seen any of those lurking this release. nor have i seen any Blusangs go whizzing by sad.gif

Edited by Red2111

i've caught and seen 2 Salty's today; seen maybe 10 black caps and maybe 50 Kittehs. 

but not a single Copper or OCD (bloodscale) and i've been constantly hunting for the Coppers for about 2 hours (mostly in the Desert, Coast and the Volcano)

i'm glad fiona clarified it, otherwise these guys are acting just like rares unsure.gif

edit - speaking of Metals, i haven't seen any of those lurking this release.  nor have i seen any Blusangs go whizzing by  sad.gif

50 kittehs? I've not seen one, LOL.

I did see a silver, and a gold during the release. In fact, the gold was the last egg of a 5-minute release, which of course I couldn't get.

I think that eggs are being snatched up so fast that we just never see a lot of them dry.gif

Maybe that's why I'm just not seeing them, I'm too darned slow xd.png

Edited by daba555

One thing I think is happening with these is that instead of the 2 or 4 or so that people need for sets of the others, they need triple of these because they want all the colors. So they're using more egg slots on them than the other new dragons.

Another thing is the perceived rarity, fueled by persistent comments by people here that they were supposed to be rare. People think "rare" so they think "valuable for trading." So they grab them even if they don't need them for sets because they think about trade value, so perceived rarity has a tendency to be self-fulfilling, at least for awhile.

That was in fact the reason why I said anything. I didn't want the perception that they might be a new rare to make them even harder to get than they should be.

And I am so pumped to see TJ's grow up, and to see how people like them. Nakase and I are both so happy with how they turned out, we want you guys to love them too.

Really hoping I can have my Green Copper gender girl because I had already influenced the Brown one to be male and I have no more female influences left,,, wish I could trust someone with a female influencer to take egg then return once she has wings but scared Green one would grow up by then...

Well thanks to littlebirddog I don't have to worry about this! Big Thank You to them!

Edited by Condorflight

I"m just going to go on record now and say these are not classed as rares. They were never intended to be rare, despite what some think they remember seeing. They were intended to be fairly common (not cave blocker common) and I checked with TJ to make sure I was allowed to say that THEY ARE NOT RARE! Cuz they're not. A bit uncommon, maybe.

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity, but they are not gold/silver rare.

This is great news...

...But Blusangs were classified the same and they are getting to the point of being equal to golds and silvers.... =/ So it's quite a shame these seem to be going down the same path of being uncommon but somehow rarer than metals. x.x

The user base has a highly ingrained habit of creating false rarity in breeds.

Fiona, I just wanted to say...

(while all the sprites for this release are AMAZING...) The coppers are spectacular. The fine amount of difference between the alts is subtle yet perfect to distinguish each. They're not "flashy" and yet, still one of the most beautiful hatchies I've seen. I pretty much collect based on what I like (for example: I have two bronze shimmers thanks to this release and trading... and I'd be happy to only have bronze shimmers forever more, because 1 - it's a shimmer [that design!], so yay and 2 - it's my favourite of the colour schemes. I see no reason to "collect" the others when plenty of other folks want them!), and I have to say I wouldn't be surprised if these DID end up being rare-ish/valuable just because they're gorgeous.

Anyway, kudos. I cannot wait to see these little guys grow up!

Edited by jadfic

i hate the users, they end up making life so difficult ...

smile.gif

I really want one, they look like the dragon i always wanted, but i cant find anyone to trade it for, they just trade it for different colors and its irritating, i also cant find any in the cave, i really want the green one. if you can donate one egg that will be wonderful.

*snicker* Couldn't think of a better way of putting it. XD

~

These coppers are precious; I'm aiming to try get two of each colour variation for now. Not going to be overly ambitious until the mad rush settles. Very keen on seeing these adults!

edit - speaking of Metals, i haven't seen any of those lurking this release. nor have i seen any Blusangs go whizzing by sad.gif

I know I was afraid I accidently caught another OCD while trying to get my third speckled egg. So I know those are around, it just may be the fact that the speckles are still in their first day dropping that's lowering the numbers of other volcanic breeds.

Marrionetta said in the kitteh thread that they're supposed to be commons, so that makes sense.

And yeah I think people are right when it comes to coppers going the way of Blusangs...at least for a bit. Maybe after a bit they'll drop down to Nebula/stripe-ish rarity because let's face it, another thing the users here love is alts. tongue.gif

Seven hours feels like forever when you're waiting tongue.gif I wish I could stay up, but I guess at the very least I'll have a grand thing to look forward to in the morning <333

I hope they are Wyverns! They look like Wyverns biggrin.gif

Seven hours feels like forever when you're waiting tongue.gif I wish I could stay up, but I guess at the very least I'll have a grand thing to look forward to in the morning <333

I hope they are Wyverns! They look like Wyverns biggrin.gif

Do you know something I haven't heard? Cause, it's over. No more new dragons. Nothing to look forward to in the morning but business as usual. Catching, hatching, and raisin' 'em up.