TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

All opinions matter. It's just how you phrase it.

Well, I haven't seen a single one of these since the first day they started dropping, so I'm not buying that they're confirmed as not rare (especially since they were mixed within their first drop).

As far as I'm concerned, all the new dragons are freaking rares now, the way it's going in the biomes.. dry.gif

I've been after a 'salty' since 3 a.m. No dice. It's 10 a.m now. I've seen one so far. And I missed it. lol

Edited by MedievalMystic

Ooh, that's a bit disappointing. They're okay though, I suppose

If that's your opinion, then that's what it is.

The way I see, all views, positive or negative, are allowed to be expressed here. Artists may be sensitive types, but if they expect every single comment about every single piece they do to be sunshine and roses, they're going to be in for a rude awakening someday. I think people are out of line to call that user out. Nothing she said was 'rude' for God's sake. >_< Is there some rule around here that says only good or positive, flowery comments are allowed? No? Well then.

Had the user said 'Damn, that is one fugly dragon! Ugh! The artist is obviously shoddy with that kind of work..., then that's one thing. This user didn't do that. If I ever see something on a dragon that I don't like I'm going to express that opinion. I damn sure don't expect to get called out for it and labled 'rude'. dry.gif

Edited by MedievalMystic

Wow these are stunning! Love the light copper and blue colors biggrin.gif Thank you TJ and spriters! wub.gif

Like everything else in this release, these are lovely. I think the orange-y ones might be my faves, though. I love the color shading on those.

I wonder if they'll be like Ridegwings, Nebulas or Dorsals where you can get the different colors no matter which you are breeding.

I knew these looked familiar! They WERE the Copper dragons! biggrin.gif Ohhh I'm so happy to see these! <3

Ooooh they look so nice! I love em! Glad I could get one of each!

I adore these one's and same glad i managed one of each, just have to add more now biggrin.gif

Ooh, that's a bit disappointing. They're okay though, I suppose.

Lol, look at all the people losing their minds because of an opinion.

Seriously, we're on the internet, opinions go back and forth here. And just as one respects your opinion you should do the same.

I myself like them, but that's it.

Edited by Vaati

tehpikachu's comment was not out of line. She was just expressing her opinion. Everyone is not required to love them, after all.

I'm very glad that a lot of you do love them. Nakase and I worked very hard to make them as perfect and beautiful as we knew how.

And as for how hard they are to find right now... I didn't see any of the new dragons last night when I went hunting. I hope that situation rights itself quickly.

The adults are pretty, but I'm not super keen on the poses. From the adorable little S2 female I was really hoping the adults would be depicted launching into glorious flight, not squatting on the ground or tightly curled in flight as if they're about to lunge back towards the surface. Ah well, my dream of glorious birdy dragons shall have to wait another day.

Edit: they do rather look like they could be doing some tribal dance around a fire, don't they? Hehe, savage jungle dragons indeed smile.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Thank you, Nakase and Fiona Bluefire, for another beautiful dragon. I feel spoiled that we have three color varieties. I really like the placement of the colors on all three varieties.

I like these guys - definitely on my "to hoard" list. I'm really happy that I got a pair of each.

Soo, these guys are supposed to be common?

Which colors are which? Like, rust/corrode/something else etc? I don't know my 'metal' terms and im trying to name mine :U

@ Whitefire - rust, corrode and Tarnish.

the Female Gold is still my fav Metal, love her new pose. but the green copper Male and Female are both in 2nd place. must horde this version.

i do agree though, the shadding on the copper colored one is lovely.

i can't wait to see how and what color these babies breed.

Which colors are which? Like, rust/corrode/something else etc? I don't know my 'metal' terms and im trying to name mine :U

I think that one is rusty, one is corroded, and then the other one is just normal? That's what I'm seeing at least, or how they look like. It's pretty interesting though to see the three differences in these dragons. <3 Very nicely colored. |D

EDIT: Nevermind Red2111 beat me to it. xd.png

Edited by DarkFire1

I need another Orange and another Brown to complete my CB set, but I haven't seen any at all!!!

Hopefully their 'drop rate' will increase at least a little bit in the future...

They are cute...

Oh my! Those trades were WORTH it! wub.gif Lovely shading! Gotta say the Bright Penny variety (orange/red) is my favourite of the three.

More like Old Penny, New Penny, Oxidize Penny that's been in water (Verdigris). wink.gif

Edited by Sir Barton

Actually, the colors are rainbow, verdigris and liver of sulfur. A rainbow patina on copper is achieved with heat. We decided to use that as the normal coloration of the dragons, rather than a shiny plain copper, mostly because we both liked how they looked so much.

Verdigris is another name for oxidized copper. If you look at the American Statue of Liberty, you see a fine example of verdigris. Salt and high humidity are conditions that speed up the oxidation. The coast and the jungle seemed like the places where those conditions would be found.

Liver of sulfur is an acid that can be applied to copper to create a particular coloration. In this case we chose it for places where conditions are particularly harsh, like the volcanoes and the desert.

Think I like the dark copper the best followed by the blue-green. The male pose is definitely my favorite of the two; the female looks a bit awkward, like a bird that's right about to jump up and fly away. Not sure if dragons would be capable of that kind of abrupt takeoff, but that's what first came to mind.

I don't know, there's something about them that's keeping me from really loving them, but they're great and solid additions to the cave.

Ah, I find they look really fantastic by themselves on the dragon's view page. Maybe all the sprites together on the first post detracts from each sprite's individual charm.

Edited by Nine