2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

The Spriters may have done good, but a lot of people aren't going to know

unless something changes on the availability of them. Every shiny/metal

seems to be a limited specialty for an elite few to have and the rest

to have long lineaged if at all. Why? Why does everything with metal

to it have to reserved for the people with best computers, most time,

etc. to get them?

how is that at all the case?

it took me two months to get almost 20 shimmers through my own hard work and social skills. its not hard.

sure, CB golds are hard to get but its not hard to work your way up to them. you just have to have the iniative.

you sound very whiny. this is supposed to be a fun release; not something to whine and be jealous about

calm down, its a game.

I"m just going to go on record now and say these are not classed as rares. They were never intended to be rare, despite what some think they remember seeing. They were intended to be fairly common (not cave blocker common) and I checked with TJ to make sure I was allowed to say that THEY ARE NOT RARE! Cuz they're not. A bit uncommon, maybe.

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity, but they are not gold/silver rare.

I"m just going to go on record now and say these are not classed as rares. They were never intended to be rare, despite what some think they remember seeing. They were intended to be fairly common (not cave blocker common) and I checked with TJ to make sure I was allowed to say that THEY ARE NOT RARE! Cuz they're not. A bit uncommon, maybe.

I can't control how hard they become to catch due to popularity, but they are not gold/silver rare.

Thank you; this gives me hope. I was getting concerned. >..>

Bless you, Fi. I thought that I recalled you wanting them to be able to create other alloys and I could not imagine them being a rare and doing that. You really have no idea just how much I love you right now.

While I fully feel that people will make them rare through breeding just like they did the stripes and blacks, it's nice to know that they weren't meant to start out like that.

while i am happy for others, i am a tad disappointed. i must be one of the few who actually wants a new metal tier rare lol

while i am happy for others, i am a tad disappointed. i must be one of the few who actually wants a new metal tier rare lol

I wouldn't mind this, but not in the current wash of releases... I'd want a dragon that's to be gold/silver rare on a main release where people can stuff themselves without worrying about saving open spaces for the next day.

well, at least people won't clobber over them now, hopefully. very eager to see what the adult looks like and if i can finally catch the last one i need. ohmy.gif

Edited by Ashes The Second

As long as the adults look as good as the hatchlings, I'm going to be nuts about them, regardless of rarity smile.gif For me, it's based on what the sprite looks like as to whether or not I collect them biggrin.gif

I wish tomorrow night would come to pass already! I'm just itching to see these mature happy.gif

lol people are whining to the point where i've gotten a random PM asking to trade a copper that i have never made a trading post for.

seriously people? thats just rude.

D: I still have hope to get one more orange and two browns! Hurray!

On another note, i got offered a CB Black for the CB Hellfire I misclicked! Needless to say I accepted it *bounces up and down* I hope it genders male so I can have a pair for the female I managed to snag from the cave happy.gif

Edited by DragonNeko

Hehe, that is rude, but hardly new behavior. I've gotten PMs from people telling me that I should breed them a gold because I have some and they do not. Now, that's rude.

I'm happy to hear they won't be rare. <3 I'm fine with uncommon, uncommon is good. biggrin.gif

Me toooo! Thank you for the official news! I'm still going to collect a bunch of them, so I'm thrilled they won't be too hard to come by. They will be really fun to do pretty lineages with. I can't wait to see the adults!

Hehe, that is rude, but hardly new behavior. I've gotten PMs from people telling me that I should breed them a gold because I have some and they do not. Now, that's rude.

you are supposed to ask not tell someone. your right that is rude.

I am very appreciative of you taking the time to say this! Thank you, it's very good news for me and my mum. We collect dragons based on looks, not rarity, and we want oodles of all these new ones! Whee! wub.gif

you are supposed to ask not tell someone. your right that is rude.

And even then, ask politely.

Bwah, so common/uncommon-ish. Interesting. They'll probably end up hard-to-get just because of the initial "OHMYGODSTHEY'REMETALSlasdkjglkdjsrjkv" hype from the beginning of the release~ laugh.gif

Thank you and thank GAWD!

They're beautiful, and a lot of us would like a lot of THEM, lol.

I am also very happy to hear this - there was no way to catch them, never mind getting a pair of each - although thanks to a few very lovely and generous and kind dragonfolk, I do indeed have a few. I was able to give one to my hubby, even.

a "bit uncommon" isn't even that bad, although with 3 colors I hope it means they'll all drop more often than the blusang, which is worth more than gold these days!

I wasn't here for the blusang release, and it ends up being one of my favorites, and I haven't even seen but 1 in weeks.

These dragons are wonderful, I can't wait till mine hatch, almost time now smile.gif

Thanks again for the good, good news biggrin.gif

Out of curiosity, did anybody saw/caught one of those today? I was bored, spent hours in the Desert and saw only one around 9PM Eastern.

I'm glad these won't be rare, with only a bronze trophy and limited egg room I could only get one of each alt. But it makes sense that they aren't rare- copper is used in pennies, which aren't a rarity at all. It's actually a quite common metal.

You have given my hope, Fiona. happy.gif

And thanks for continuing to give wonderful dragons to the cave. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

/ponders the ethics of trying to dig breeding specifics out of Fiona

:3

Thanks for the rarity info. There are so many new goodies to collect it's hard to know where to start! I've had one person tell me I shouldn't be trading for black caps, but bloodscales instead, because they will be more rare. Rarity smarity. I like the colors I like and others surpass the 2-headed for me. Metals are all well and good but just evil to checker. Knowing these wouldn't be a 4 year slog uphill in the snow both ways to get a 3rd gen, I'm a bit more interested in seeing the adults now.

/prods hatchies with poking stick

*prods Vhale's hatchies too* wink.gif

*zips lips on breeding info* on that you'll have to wait for people to start breeding them.

I see no reason to collect things based solely on rarity and "How much you can trade them for." I keep stuff I like, and don't usually pick up stuff I don't.

I laughed at the picture "4 miles uphill through snow" brought to mind. It's uphill both ways to get downtown here. Fortunately, it's only a mile. But snow is often involved.

lol!

Sled Dog dragons? tongue.gif

Thanks for the poke they started showing some holes! I didn't get as many views as normal today and I've used up the initial rush at Yarolds. Granted, I have a pending trade so I won't be part of the initial drop rush tonight anyways. But, has photoshop open, ready to button!