TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

Still nothing. ;____; I got up at 5am on a Sunday for THIS?

Me too. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Nyastara

Still hoping for an Eastern!

...Unless these are Eastern. I see a lot of copper statues of Eastern dragon, they always look really nice with the different coloured patinas...

(Shhh people who think they know what it is DON'T DESTROY MY DREAMS!)

I have way more copper than I do rocks. *thinks about pitiful amount of money in pocket along with wires and pipes in the house* Louisiana isn't very rocky. wink.gif Still, I think even if they were common-common, players will make them uncommon like stripes or blacks.

actually, that's a commons mis-conception about Pennys. they have a thin copper coating, but since the mid-1900's, 99% of a penny's make up is Tungsten :wink:

cooper especially has risen in value over this past decade (especialy the past 5 years). I know here in MS, we've had to deal with foreclosed homes getting vandalized and having the copper wiring ripped out and and sold for a good chunk of change

/useless factiods about copper laugh.gif

I do agree, even if this baby is semi-uncommon like a Nebula, it will be like the Blusangs for a while after this release in the cave if only because of the 3 variations

*sighs*

and Blusangs were a whole lot easier to catch than these I might add dry.gif

and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee!!!! 

I just snorted my coffee. You owe me a new keyboard and headache medicine.

it's almost 2 pm in here :3 *feels warm and special* thank god for no late nights for me

Ditto! School quit for me two days ago. !!!

it's almost 2 pm in here :3 *feels warm and special* thank god for no late nights for me

Wow... lucky you! You are WIDE AWAKE when we get the new drops. I usually am too... but that's because I have 6 kids.

Now have two more free spaces since my two eggs hatch. Now two grab another greenish one and then the dark orange-ish one. Probably will have to swap for another dark orange-ish one with the redish one I grabbed three of. xd.png

LOL! There was a egg in the coast with the code "hOSEs". Man, I would've hosed MYSELF if I had gotten that one!

hey TJ can we just nix the last two babies you have planned and just continue to "new release" these?? *bats eyelashes*

We have three hellhorse eggies that the kids have decided to drop into the AP... unless someone here wasn't able to get any... PM me.

... and a partridge in a pear treeeeeee!!!!  xd.png

xd.png

Meanwhile, back at the silly ranch, I have made a decision between giggles not to catch tomorrow night's egg. Well, my scroll kinda made the decision for me. xd.png Something had to give. xd.png

I'm hoping that this release will be as rare and as good looking as the Tinsels. If so, I won't have to be as jealous of everybody else's scroll. biggrin.gif

People were stealing the copper coils out of a/c's.

At my old place of employment, and ex-employee broke into an abandoned out-building and accidentally got electrocuted trying to cut loose a bunch of copper wiring to sell. Pure copper is still quite valuable; that's why they "water it down" when they use it to make pennies.

On-topic - I'm completely locked until tomorrow at midnight when my hybrids hatch. I am praying that tomorrow's release does NOT have dimorphism because I had to grab 2 extra eggs tonight and could really use an extra space again... >.<

With all of the bombs TJ is hitting us, I have to seriously wonder what he's got up his sleeve for the last day.

2 headed, cat dragon, hybrid, 3 alts...

All of the above in one? xd.png That would be one confused dragon.

It would be kind of funny if these turned out to be really common, and one of the previously released species turns out to be actually very rare. Only time will tell I suppose.

PLEASE CONSIDER THAT I'M AT GMT+2 & HAVE A FULL TIME JOB

I like your signature... mine should say, "PLEASE CONSIDER THAT I HAVE A FULL TIME JOB AND (TRY TO) HAVE A LIFE OUT OF DC (haha, JJ)" rolleyes.gif

I've been out of class since the second week of May...and I'm in the Central timezone so the first drops are at 11PM for me...and it's fairly normal for me to be up till at least 1AM my time (2AM Cave time...)

Also this time of year I typically have mad insomnia anyway, I am living proof of how much SAD and how the change of seasons/change of length of sunlight can affect a person. dry.gif

Wow... lucky you! You are WIDE AWAKE when we get the new drops. I usually am too... but that's because I have 6 kids.

But wide awake or no, I live so far away from where the server is located, I still have to wait until the afternoon, about 3-4pm to get eggs, if I get them earlier, I'm pretty lucky, and everyone else was asleep when the egg popped up tongue.gif

I've been out of class since the second week of May...and I'm in the Central timezone so the first drops are at 11PM for me...and it's fairly normal for me to be up till at least 1AM my time (2AM Cave time...)

Also this time of year I typically have mad insomnia anyway, I am living proof of how much SAD and how the change of seasons/change of length of sunlight can affect a person. dry.gif

You have SAD??? So do I!!!

Hmm.

[*completely oblivious regarding real-life copper*]

Is normal copper (red-orange) worth more than oxidized green copper? (I should think so?)

When copper oxidizes, it changes into something else that is no longer copper metal. So when you get the green stuff, there's actually less metal there, and thus it is worth less.

I like your signature... mine should say, "PLEASE CONSIDER THAT I HAVE A FULL TIME JOB AND (TRY TO) HAVE A LIFE OUT OF DC (haha, JJ)" rolleyes.gif

WORD!

Lol I think some of you guys need to go easier on the caffiene...

I'm waiting for my last pink kitty egg to hatch so I can catch the last color of the these new ones, then I am off to bed, work comes early tomorrow. dry.gif

Smacks egg with the hatching bat. Hatch, lil eggie, hatch!

Ug I think it will be another hour till that egg hatches. Gonna have to try in the morning good night all.

Edited by Amberose

When copper oxidizes, it changes into something else that is no longer copper metal. So when you get the green stuff, there's actually less metal there, and thus it is worth less.

Actually, there is the same amount of the element, Cu (Copper), there. It's just that the copper on the outer layer reacts with the oxygen in the air and forms copper oxide, which has a different color than pure copper.

Also, did you know copper is blue in a solution?

4 minutes until the next hourly drop.

good luck everyone

I have three new eggs now, one brown and two greens. If anybody wants to swap a reddish egg for a green, PM me. smile.gif