TJ09

2013-05-26 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 5

The cave could be doing some weird stuff with the color distribution since the new releases make for pretty unusual drops? Either that or there's a factor of randomness thrown in. Either way, if you're looking for specific colors, that still seems to be a very helpful guideline to go by.

Good point, new releases can be pretty strange. I hope there isn't randomness after all :3 but probably not if people are getting different colors from the same biomes.

This release is the funniest yet. xd.png People are alternately stressed and invigorated over the prospect of it being a rare, and the stories of misclicks and caffeine consumption add to the already stress-packed event. I think I have the middle-of-the-night sillies! xd.png

I hope I can get another orange egg, but then I will be egglocked tomorrow, so what is wrong with me? xd.png

They are, though, roughly following my prediction from earlier;

Normal, Split, Normal, Hybrid, Normal, ???, Normal

Rare or not, they're still a simple 'dragon', further prediction in italics. the ??? might be a pygmy/drake/yet another split [which i wouldnt object to, really]

off to bed

My eyes popped from my head after reading the first page. Holy egg shells, that's a ton of pretty new egg.

I'd actually really love to see a common metallic. I really like the sprites of metallics - yay for shiny things, ya know? (and by this, I honestly mean gold, and tinsels. Silver to me is more of a pretty rose grey, it isnt that shiny)

In other news, just FYI, i see eggs show up BEFORE the clock on my computer hits the :X5 mark. like, probably 6 seconds before?

This is the first time I've ever been annoyed that I have a gold egg on my scroll. xd.png ( I wasn't thinking I'd need that slot for a new egg!) And I need my day 3 eggs to hatch so I can have more room to catch these eggs. *pokes them*

Edited by LascielsShadow

How am I going to get sixteen of each color variation??? My playing style does not appreciate this. *tears hair out*

Ok, I've decided. I'm going to lock myself with today's eggs and trade for tomorrow's. Hope it works.

Phew, managed to get one of each color. That's gonna be it for today's eggs for me. I'll make up for dimorphism later on- I certainly have nice enough things to trade if they turn out to be hard to catch, and if they're easy I'll just do it myself.

This release is the funniest yet. xd.png People are alternately stressed and invigorated over the prospect of it being a rare, and the stories of misclicks and caffeine consumption add to the already stress-packed event. I think I have the middle-of-the-night sillies! xd.png

I hope I can get another orange egg, but then I will be egglocked tomorrow, so what is wrong with me? xd.png

I know I do! My kids are taking turns on here while shouting out FOOD orders! I just put my oldest in charge of the kitchen (um... if my kids eat after midnight they turn into Gremlins) hehehe

GAHHHHH!

Got only one brown and now am locked as misclicked a moonstone...

Looks like I have to wait 3 and 7 more hours until my day 3 eggies hatch!

But these eggies look quite interesting!

Pretty sure this is correct:

Desert/Volcano - hot, arid - dark oxidized (grey/brown-red)

Coast/Jungle - wet, humid - green oxidized / verdigris (green/blue)

Alpine/Forest - "normal" environment - normal bright copper (orange-red)

To quote sharikak's wonderful explanation/where-to-find~ happy.gif

They are, though, roughly following my prediction from earlier;

Normal, Split, Normal, Hybrid, Normal, ???, Normal

Rare or not, they're still a simple 'dragon', further prediction in italics. the ??? might be a pygmy/drake/yet another split [which i wouldnt object to, really]

off to bed

rooster

*stamps foot*

I want a rooster for the ???

laugh.gif

I'd actually really love to see a common metallic. I really like the sprites of metallics - yay for shiny things, ya know? (and by this, I honestly mean gold, and tinsels. Silver to me is more of a pretty rose grey, it isnt that shiny)

In other news, just FYI, i see eggs show up BEFORE the clock on my computer hits the :X5 mark. like, probably 6 seconds before?

In DC world would a "common metallic" be an oxymoron? biggrin.gif

I wonder what rarity these things will be. Im going to laugh if they end up being common.

There are claims that they are rare, but I'm sticking with common metal until proven otherwise. Copper is not rare. If I went to Fort Nox and tried to swap a bar of copper for a bar of gold, they would laugh at me...or give me a spoon of gold dust and then call the funny farm for me.

Frankly, I think we need a common metal and one with three color variants seems ideal.

Oh well that drop was over in one second xd.png

Oh, my living bleep. That was so hard. I was thrilled to see the three in one dragon. So all three are alts? Or is one the original and the other two alts? But Holy whatever how difficult was that to try and find three different egg looks on all the biomes? I about broke my fingers trying to pick up eggs on the hour and on the five minutes drops. How to get wiggle room to get them all and still make room for two more days? Of course they're permanents but who doesn't want their eggies first? Oh, our TJ is so tricky. Thank you TJ for the fascinating ways you've made all these drops interesting. Yesterday, the breedable only and tonight the three in one. How can you top that? I'm almost afraid to think of the answer. laugh.gif

I managed to catch myself a brown and a green now that my day threes hatched. In the morning I'll probably trade off one of my extra reds for a new hybrid, and gift the other one. Hopefully they won't be too rare so I can get a pair of each color later on, and I really hope there won't be any more alt surprises! These are beautiful eggs but I was not prepared for them at all, and I'd love to be able to grab the last two days without worrying about scroll space and whatnot.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Got a red one. Now to get a brown, and then I have one of each!

EDIT: got a brown, so now I got a green to gift.

Edited by ThymeSeer

Pretty sure this is correct:

Desert/Volcano - hot, arid - dark oxidized (grey/brown-red)

Coast/Jungle - wet, humid - green oxidized / verdigris (green/blue)

Alpine/Forest - "normal" environment - normal bright copper (orange-red)

Also quoting because AS FAR AS I CAN TELL THIS WORKS PRETTY WELL...of course I never got a brown I locked myself up with a common trying to get a second orange one...*grumble*

Edited by DorkJulian

Oh, my living bleep. That was so hard. I was thrilled to see the three in one dragon. So all three are alts? Or is one the original and the other two alts? But Holy whatever how difficult was that to try and find three different egg looks on all the biomes? I about broke my fingers trying to pick up eggs on the hour and on the five minutes drops. How to get wiggle room to get them all and still make room for two more days? Of course they're permanents but who doesn't want their eggies first? Oh, our TJ is so tricky. Thank you TJ for the fascinating ways you've made all these drops interesting. Yesterday, the breedable only and tonight the three in one. How can you top that? I'm almost afraid to think of the answer. laugh.gif

Shhhhhhhh... don't say anymore of what MIGHT come tomorrow... you are scaring me. tongue.gif

even if it is a "common" metal, I can still see them dropping about as frequently as a Trio or a Black/Stripe.

while Copper is "common" its still a lot less common than say Steel or Rocks